Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Rolling through Space:Game thread: No OSHA compliance (6/10 Players)  (Read 27404 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

This is the IC/game Thread. Discussions and sheets need to be posted on the discussion thread.

OOC/Discussion Thread

Spoiler: Signing up (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Signing up (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Signup sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Player stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Player items (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:14:36 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through Space:Game thread (6/10 Players)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:59:27 pm »

Sector C 27: Aboard the Godspliter

Rezavres Ethedel

You congratulate yourself as the Godspliter slowly drifts away from the debriss of the resupply station. This is the fifth Confederate station you destroyed, and while they are not very important to the Trade Confederation, you're certainly annoying them. You don't destroy the Confederations depots to hinder them either, it merely serves to drive a point across. After all, nobody is supposed to know these stations locations. You prepare the Ship to jump away to the next Station, when suddenly the Computer throws up a warning. Incoming Jump Signature detected: Size: 800 Distance: 750.
A small ship, probably a trader or a response craft checking if somethings wrong. You order your men towards the battle stations and begin making preparations for the upcoming battle.

Everyone else

Sirens go of, indicating it's time to go to your battlestations. As you run towards them, you ponder the chain of events that led you to join this madman in his crusade against one of the mightiest organisations in this part of the galaxy.

Spoiler: Ship; Godsplitter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Missiles (click to show/hide)

((Bah, I lost a rather large part of my intropost. The other one had a dedicated section for each player. ))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:58:38 am by 10ebbor10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:39:35 pm »

Rezavres had been watching with glee as the pieces of the resupply station were strewn across the space. More would shortly have followed its destiny if it were not for the alarm indicating the incoming ship.
The polished, light grey metallic surfaces of the ship reflected the bright lighting and resounded the loud noise of the klaxons announcing the approaching vessel. The eerie, calm bridge suddenly sprung to life as the holo-projector in the center of the room started to show a faint shadow sprouting out of nowhere via jump-travel and moving closer, towards the frigate and its accompanying support ship.

"All hands, Battlestations!"
The captain said through the comms system before turning to the nearest bridge operator.

"Try to establish contact. I do not want to destroy the vessel before knowing if its a Conglomerate ship or not. Even if they do not answer, use the radar to trace its signature. I will be able to recognize it if it happens to be one of them."

The captain then moved to the person operating the docks.
"Order the men in the docks to prepare the Haymaker's launching sequence, I'll be manning the missile launchers myself."

Rezavres took control of the bridge's heavy weapons system and quietly waited for the answer on the other ship's identity.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:14:44 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 06:53:30 pm »

When he saw the new vessel incoming, Arrod smiled, he hadn't fought for long too long, and he was getting jittery. He had decided that his skills were better used in battle than the helm.

"All hands, Battlestations!" the captain roared into the comms system.

Arrod rushed out of the helm, his eyes dark with anticipation. He ran to the barracks, where he heaved the stasis chamber into the air, revealing a laser rifle.

He radioed in a request to Captain Ethedal as he picked up his weapon.

"Captain! Permission to take control of Treasury's heavy weapons?"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:07:18 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:01:36 pm »

((The Treasury is a support ship - meaning no guns - and until I get my hands on a boarding ship, the boarding people will be severely limited. Meh.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 07:12:10 pm »

Arrod shook his head and frowned, he must be out of it today. He corrected himself, saying

"May I take control of the Haymaker, sir?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 07:33:39 pm »

Rezavres answered through the comms.
"Sure, but if someone else decides to try it, you'll have to talk to each other."

The captain then changed frequencies.
"Docks, prepare to load missiles on the Haymaker's primary weapons. Load four Barracudas and leave the 'Crackers' be."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:42:30 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 07:36:33 pm »

Sai'oda took a moment to calm her twin hearts. She tried to remember the music, the sort James had played...but it was gone. All that was left was a brewing anger. Her heart-cold, empty, so empty. Her quad-eyes blinked rapidly. She wished she wasn't here-not on this butcher ship. But, we don't always get what we want...and she had little choice in the matter.

She gave quick orders to her men, all but barking them.

"You lot, prepare for damage control-let's keep everyone calm and get them to their stations. Last we need is someone like that idiot Tal'dir, breaking her ankle on the way there..."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:02:48 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 07:50:50 pm »

"Great. Permission received."

Arrod stepped into the bombers cockpit, being surrounded by the familiar lights and sounds relieved him, he was at ease here.

"Mechanic, this is fully fueled and loaded, correct?" Arrod gruffly asked.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 09:45:17 pm »

Raelin nodded in her chair upon hearing the Captain's Command. She was on the Bridge, as one of the helmsmen of the ship. The recent battle was still on her nerves, after seeing the explosion through the viewscreen and hearing it through her Aural visor. She clasped a hand around her fang-amulet and uttered a silent prayer for protection before answering him. Her weapon was just inches away from her, placed against the console and her utility was all packed in a miniscule box, ready for anything along with her backpack at her side.

"Try to establish contact. I do not want to destroy the vessel before knowing if its a Conglomerate ship or not. Even if they do not answer, use the radar to trace its signature. I will be able to recognize it if it happens to be one of them."

"Aye, Commander," she said solemnly. Ignoring the pain of her ankle, which was broken by the fall minutes ago due to gravitational reflux in making her way here, passing by the Marine Captain.

"Communication Relay undergoing. Shifting to Port and enhancing visuals."

She then manipulated the Aural visor, shifting the tone to a more tranquil hymn. A song, entitled Heart of Courage, played in her ears.

Action: Establish a Communication Relay/Hailing signal to the ship. Discern if it is of Conglomerate/Confederacy origin. Attempt a diplomatic solution. Zoom in on the ship, with it's image on the Godsplitter's Bridge mainscreen.

Follow Rezavres' command.

Port side! Those homing missiles have better angle if we direct the brunt of our fire at the ship, if it proves hostile. Debris are everywhere.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:39:28 am by Tiruin »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 10:12:14 pm »

Jack woke in his bunk as the call went out. Grabbing his gun, EVA suit, and tool kit, he immediately began heading through the halls to the aft section. He radioed to the captain.

"Sir, you mine if I take control of the flakcannons until I need to do damage control? I need to practice my aim. If we get damaged I can head to the area and begin "
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 10:41:51 pm »

"Sir, you mine if I take control of the flakcannons until I need to do damage control? I need to practice my aim. If we get damaged I can head to the area and begin "
Rezavres retorted.
"You can do that, but the flakcannons are automated."

The captain shot another glance at the helmsmen.
"Move the ship into a firing position immediately. If they are not aggressive they won't mind our missile bays pointed directly towards them."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 06:39:06 am »

"They won't mind our missiles at all, what they should think about are our main weapon batteries."

Raelin then decided to follow the command and tries to maneuver the ship's bow towards the other ship. Missile tube facing it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 01:20:53 pm »

"Actually, captain, I've changed my mind. I'm just gonna patrol for now"

Jack heads to the front of the ship
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:24:12 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 01:52:20 pm »

Sector C 27: Aboard the Godspliter

Rezavres Ethedel

You order your crew towards their battle stations, and then take direct control of the Missiles. The holoscreen connects itself to the missile systems. The computer emits a cheerfull noice, before briefly showing the Trade Confederations logo. After all, this ship was paid for and build by the confederation, something which they would come to regret. The missile computer starts up and the screen switches back to the Jumping ship. You can clearly recognize it. It's one of the Confederations Interceptor Corvettes, probably send on a patrol.

Arrod Werin

You install yourself in the cockpit as the deck crew loads the missiles. You're almost finished with the start-up preparations when you notice something happening. You open the cockpits window and are only just in time to prevent one of the crewmembers loading a missile backwards. You carefully check everything twice, then reenter your cockpit and wait for the greenlight while the crew evacuates the dock.

Sai'oda Fresa

You start giving orders, and soon you have a nice group of four of the crewmembers following you. They each have a Laser blaster, but you doubt they'll be of any use if the ship is boarded. Sadly you'd have to work with this lot, as your previous group is no more. 

Raelin Tal'dir
You open the comm channel and attempt communications with the ship. The ship responds your hail: "This is the TC Achilles. Please identify. Also, what happened here?" You respond instinctively with stating the Name and Code of the last ship you worked on. It turns out to be a bad choice, as the ship immediatly tells you that it knows that you and your pirates captured it 2 days ago.  It asks your immediate surrender.

You decide not to comply and instead turn the ship around, aiming it's main missile batteries directly at the enemy.(+2 to missile targetting rolls)

Jakc Dendy

You enter the turret control and switch it to manual, giving you full control of all 10 Flak turrets on the ship. While the enemy ship fighters probably won't be in range soon, you could try some potshots at the debris flying around. However the captain might see that as a waste of ammo. You decide against it and head towards the front of the ship.

TC Achilles

The Achilles turns around and races towards you with burning engines.

Spoiler: Local sector (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: JUmp coordinates (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Conglomerate Bomber (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ship; Godsplitter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Missiles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:00:13 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14