Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Rolling through Space:Game thread: No OSHA compliance (6/10 Players)  (Read 27406 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through Space:Game thread (6/10 Players)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 03:15:45 pm »

Rezavres grinned. It was finally time, and he barked into the comms system, pressing the touch screen to allow the crew of both ships to hear his orders.
"This is a battle gentlemen, fire up the engines of both vessels and accelerate them only until our speed hits 30 on reverse or else the heat'll be unbearable. Prepare for dodging maneuvers."

The captain changed his frequency to communicate with the docks.
"Launch the Haymaker. Pilot, prioritize taking down enemy bombers with your missiles."

The youth then turned to the missile launcher controls with a grin, locking the arrays on the incoming enemy and firing a "small" salvo consisting of four Barracudas, aimed directly at the area Rezavres remembered to be the bridge. He knew these would not be enough to take it down, but he hoped they would at the very least destroy the shields and carve a good gash on their hull.
After firing the missiles, he pressed the red symbol on the screen which indicated the need to reload one of the missile bays and cycled his controls to the next one, causing four green stylized shapes to blink, showing four more missiles ready to fire.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:25:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 04:57:13 pm »

"Idiot."Arrod muttered, peeved at the recruits incompetence.

""This is a battle gentlemen, fire up the engines of both vessels and accelerate them only until our speed hits 30 on reverse or else the heat'll be unbearable. Prepare for dodging maneuvers."

Arrod smiled, everything was in place and he was ready to rumble.

"Launch the Haymaker. Pilot, prioritize taking down enemy bombers with your missiles."

Arrod punched in the authorization key, fired up the engines and took off, blasting out of the hanger like a bullet. He turned on the targeting computer and immediately looked for bombers.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 10:19:07 pm »

Raelin cast a glance at the Captain before complying. If they were to approach at speed to the enemy ship, then they were to do it right.

She adjusted the commands on the console and set acceleration and maximum thrust velocity to 30, as was directed, trying to avoid the debris floating about.

She also charges the jumpdrive, if possible.

Contact our Commander and Marine Captain (Dwarmin)

Rae then picked up the transceiver and contacted Rezavres.

"Commander, they may be contacting other ships in the area, if we're going to make ourselves scarce, I'd say we should execute a short series of jumps to other systems, to throw any tracking signal off.

A full jump would easily pinpoint us out. Well, after we deal with the Achilles, sir."

She then turned the knob to a differing frequency.

"Sai'oda, is this your channel? Are the men ready and at their stations?"

She waited a few moments for the response of her Commander.

. . .

"The jumpdrive spends too much energy and trying to charge it may get us with more heat than we can store. Do not charge it yet. Let us deal with the enemy first, then we shall make a escape towards the Black Market via jumping and vent our heatsinks."

"Charging belayed."

. . .

...Oh, and word of advice-keep adjusting the frequency of the shield harmonics every few minutes. If they have man sized teleporters on that vessel, they can snake right into our ship, if they figure how to bypass them.."[/color]

She took the time to respond. "I'll try to do it, but the job is mostly held by the Engineering area."

Still, she does so. Mostly because she can.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:14:01 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 10:30:19 pm »

"Commander, they may be contacting other ships in the area, if we're going to make ourselves scarce, I'd say we should execute a short series of jumps to other systems, to throw any tracking signal off.

A full jump would easily pinpoint us out. Well, after we deal with the Achilles, sir."

The captain kept looking at the enemy ship through the targetting system and answered her without turning his head.
"The jumpdrive spends too much energy and trying to charge it may get us with more heat than we can store. Do not charge it yet. Let us deal with the enemy first, then we shall make a escape towards the Black Market via jumping and vent our heatsinks."

He uses the opportunity to check on the defenses.
"Head of Security, is the team ready, as useless as it is compared to your former one?"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:07:31 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 03:57:59 am »

Sai'oda heard Raelin's chirpy voice over her comm, the Captains grating tone. It set her teeth on edge, but she responded cheerily enough.

"Yes, in what matter I am now accustomed too-all four of my crewmates with obsolete blasters-and I, are prepared to give our lives in heroic accordance to defend this vessel to the last, blah blah blah.

Standard defense screens are up, checkpoints established, and we've turned the more dimwitted members of the crew out of their quarters.

Oh, and word of advice-keep adjusting the frequency of the shield harmonics every few minutes. If they have man sized teleporters on that vessel, they can snake right into our ship, if they figure how to bypass them. Then we'll all be dead, or wearing new pretty bracelets on our necks."

In truth, Sai'oda doubted such a small ship had the capability-but, making Raelin do extra work was always fun.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 12:52:13 pm »

Captain Ethedel suddenly remembered something.
"Engineer, please prepare yourself for any necessary damage control. Lead the newbie engineering team if needed, those Vettes pack some small boarding ships and the Conglomerate bombers can dish out quite the damage if given the opportunity to phase through the ship's shields."
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 12:53:36 pm »

"Captain, where are we expecting damage first? I want to be ready"

Jack heads to the front of the ship, donning his EVA suit.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:56:57 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 01:19:27 pm »

"Captain, where are we expecting damage first? I want to be ready"
"Just gather some dimwits who are laying around and stay put where you are."
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 01:20:22 pm »

"Yessir"
Jack grabs anyone who will come with him and stays still

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 03:46:46 pm »

Sector C 27: Aboard the Godsplitter

Rezavres Ethedel

You order everyone around, and then sit down and fire the missiles. 4 missiles fire out of a hidden niche in the Godsplitters hull, and depart on their way towards the enemy. However, one of them is unable to achieve a target lock, which means it's autopilot won't engage. It will still fly towards the enemy, but they'll be able to dodge it way more easily. The reloading sequence goes fluently and the computer quickly announces that the 4 new missiles have been charged.

Arrod Werin

You enter the authorization key and the bomber slowly starts and leaves the dock. The screen fills itself with all sorts of warnings and messages, but most of those aren't that important. You should pay attention to the fuel and heat ones. Being stranded in space is not a healthy situation. The radar uplink with the ship blinks on, and it informs you that the enemies ship still hasn't launched their fighters. You can see the missiles departing from the Godsplitter though.

Sai'oda Fresa

You examine the defenses you've put in place in the front section. Sadly it seems the inferior quality of the material and the fact that several of the crew placed some shields backwards would actually make combat easier for the enemy if/when they board. (Inferior temporary defenses build: +1 to the boarding party)
However, there's still time to redo some of them. (Dice used: Close combat -2.(Normal dice would have been mechanics))

Raelin Tal'dir

You expertly steer the ship through the debris directing it towards the enemy.  The Treasury however, seems to be going the other way. After a brief phone conversation with Rezavres, who is currently sitting at the other side of the room controlling the missile launchers, you get a call from the security advisor. You manage to oscillate shield system automatically whitout dirsupting or destabilizing it.

Jack Dendy

As you head towards the front of the ship, you manage to pick up 4 fellow crewmates, they don't look that smart and seem to be more like the type of people who could blow up a monitor by looking at it, but they'll have to do. When you finally arrive at the front section you find out that the security officer has turned the place into a bunker, although it seems to be turned inside out. 

TC Achilles

The Achilles stops it's engines and instead opens fire with it's main batteries. But not at you, but at the misseles.(Accuracy 50-20(size)-6 distance). Both shots go wide and miss completly.

Spoiler: Local sector (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: JUmp coordinates (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Conglomerate Bomber (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ship; Godsplitter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Missiles (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:46:54 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 03:51:33 pm »

"You guys need help fortifying? I got nothin else to do until we get hit"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 04:24:49 pm »

Arrod

"Waiting to engage, sir. Any orders?" Arrod checks the heat and fuel meters, as per his usual pre-flight check up.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 04:56:33 pm »

"You guys need help fortifying? I got nothin else to do until we get hit"
((Nice idea.))
The captain looked through the targetting system. The enemies could end up taking some of the missiles down, but there was a reason as to why the Vettes' pilots were not maneuvering larger, more expensive ships. Rezavres once more waited until the arrays synchronized and locked on the enemy ship' point he thought to be the hull part protecting the bridge and sent a "cheery" salvo of three Barracuda missiles and one 'Cracker'. He changed comms to the Engineering team.
"Engineer, join the defense team and help them in their fortification efforts. I do not want any shields positioned backwards. I already saw one of those idiots trying to shoot cans off a missile with a laser blaster, so nothing mildly retarded from them will surprise me anymore."

He then took notice of the pilot's question.
"As for you, Pilot, move your ship until you are almost midway between both ships. Intercept any incoming hostiles."
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 05:03:19 pm »

"Yessir"

Jack begins fortifying the area more, trying to get his cohorts to help.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 09:58:11 pm »

((YES! I don't fail at something, for once!))

Raelin glanced at her visor's HUD. After the missiles were launched, maybe then she could adjust the angle to Port, to ensure that all weapon batteries were able to fire. The shield modulation would be concentrated on that side, and she was more than sure that the TC Achilles' shields would harmonize within the first missile salvos.

"Commander, permission to turn to Port after firing. If we're going to finish this, I'd like it to be quick, all weapon batteries are primed and ready, easier to target and lock onto any approaching boarding crews while providing suppression for our own."

Talk to Commander Rezavres.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14