Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Rolling through Space:Game thread: No OSHA compliance (6/10 Players)  (Read 27375 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through Space:Game thread (6/10 Players)
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:13 pm »

"Commander, permission to turn to Port after firing. If we're going to finish this, I'd like it to be quick, all weapon batteries are primed and ready, easier to target and lock onto any approaching boarding crews while providing suppression for our own."
Rezavres looked towards the screen and moved a series of files, sending his original designs to Raelin.
"Ma'am, the Godsplitter's main weaponry is composed of missiles, and the secondary weapons system is even more missiles. We have three 50(s)-sized missile launchers and that is all we can offer our enemies."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 10:17:49 pm »

"A...Missile Frigate? Hm, didn't see it as so from my enlistment.

Proceeding forward with the same commands."

Keep the Godsplitter at the safe 30 speed.

Use the Radar to inspect the scene before us, the positioning of the enemy ships and our own fighters and any debris or anomalies that could interrupt us.

"Sir, we can drift using the pseudo-friction of our engines and shift to charging our jump drive. We don't need to keep the thrust up unless any obstacle is spotted."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 10:21:45 pm »

Sai'odas skin turned a pale shade of blue as she surveyed the sloppy construction.

She took the nearest crew member by the collar and pulled him to her. She smelled...some sort of drug on him. Possibly Cyn Strips, but who knew?

"Idiot. Fix this right now. Otherwise, I'm asking the captain to bring back the lash."

Action: 'Motivate' my people to fix up the defenses.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:37 pm »

"Excuse me Captain, but will I be receving back-up?" Arrod asks, wanting to learn about his current captains tactical abilities.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:58 pm »

Rezavres once more turned to the comms system.
"Our max acceleration is around 12 for each [time measure unit]. We still need to nudge this vessel a little harder and even with our engines idling, we produce more heat than we can get rid of.

It is also worth noting that keeping a jump drive charged with more than 50% of its energy capacity makes it unstable. When we charge it, it shall be to escape this sector."

He then turned his attention to the pilot.
"You shall be backed up by your wit and the Haymaker's shield and weapons systems, and I suppose those will suffice."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:25:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 10:25:39 pm »

"Affirmative, Commander."

Retain action, do not charge jump drive.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 11:26:18 am »

Rezavres checks the Godsplitter's speed readings and...
"We were supposed to be going reverse, with our missile bays aiming towards the TC ship. Anyone cares to explain to me why are we heading towards the enemy?"
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 12:00:04 pm »

Sector C 27: Aboard the Godsplitter

Rezavres Ethedel

You send another salvo of missiles at the advancing Corvette. Three of the misselles lock on properly, but again the fourth one fails to achieve a lock. You're pretty sure you could try to get the missiles to lock on properly using the remote control, but the Corvette hasn't even tried to dodge yet. After setting right some errors relating to the armament of the ship.( Those tiny lasers are Point defenses)

Arrod Werin

You check the fuel and heat meters. Everything seems to be in order. At the moment you have power for about 13 more turns. You 're still pretty close to the Godsplitter, and at will profit from their point defenses.

Sai'oda Fresa

The crewmember just completly freezes and goes to sit in a corner, refusing to do anything useful. You order the remaining crewmembers to fix up the barricades, and they more or less comply, though you can't see much noticable differences.

Raelin Tal'dir

You try to check the radar, but the thing just doesn't seem to want to work properly. However, you're pretty sure that this sector is an empty swath of spaces, populated only by your ships, the  Interceptor Corvette and some bits of small and mostly harmless debris.

Jack Dendy

You have some minor succeses in setting up the defenses. Most of the shields are facing the right way now, at last.
( +1 bonus to defender)

TC Achilles

The Achilles continues it's current course, firing at the missiles again( 50-20+9). One of the shots misses, but the second one takes out one of the missiles. The Achilles also attempts some evasive manoevres, but completly fails, resulting in the ship spinning around it's own axis.( -5 accuracy).

Spoiler: Local sector (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: JUmp coordinates (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Conglomerate Bomber (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ship; Godsplitter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Missiles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:05:56 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 02:02:38 pm »

Rezavres sighed and used the remote control to assume the direction of the two stray missiles, putting them back into route.
"How are our defensive preparations going?"

After receiving the answer, he switched channels:
"And pilot, drag your tin can to a midpoint between the enemy and our vessels."
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 02:48:39 pm »

"Pretty good, I'm going to lock off the doors behind us so we don't get snuck up on"

Lock the doors behind us, leaving one open to escape through if needbe. Evaluate what would happen if our defenses where hit by a weapon that breached the hull.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 07:13:23 pm »

Raelin turned her head slightly back, then decided against it, seeing her mistake in comprehension.

"Thrust under control."

Adjust speed to move 30 in reverse...

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »

Arrod pulls ahead, halting approximately half-way in between the two ships.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 07:33:29 pm »

Sai'oda resisted the urge to pull her sidearm and fire at the impertinent crewmember. Temper, temper...

Action: Push all these useless people aside and do the job myself.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 07:43:18 pm »

((@Dwarmin: I realized today you are also Sai'oda in other RtD. Multiverse, I guess.))

Aside from directing the missiles to their mark, Rezavres once more pressed the reload symbol to chamber four more death-dealers.

"If they attempt to board our vessel, we should turn off our PD turrets. I am interested in getting those small boarding ships in one piece, and the point defense probably won't do much aside from damaging its exterior. I shall analyze the situation...Also, who doesn't like a good combat?"

His eyes flickered perilously and his grin grew into a slasher smile.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 07:59:35 pm »

"In position, captain." Arrod said, watching the missiles course to their target.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14