_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728497 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

May stares at her blankly. "I'll just take the wig. Do you have any material or device to change eye color? And do you have any implantable vaginas?"
The armory master stares at you blankly for a long moment.

"implantable...No. No I can't say we do. As per changing your eye color, ask the doctor. And here's the wig."

She hands you a black wig of shoulder length synthetic hair.

Faith's eyes went wide, and she sputtered for a moment before finding the right questions.

"B-b-h-wh- what makes you sure this is safe?! I-is there any chance of anything going wrong? Isn't purging parts of my brain dangerous?!"

"And do you have any implantable vaginas?"
((See? STILL ELISAZ! :P))
The doctor leans against the door frame and scratches his head. "Maybe. Probably not. System use by army for 100 years now. Of course, soldiers' brains simple." He taps his knuckles against his forehead, "Thick skulls, smaller brains. Stims don't help. Would cause terrible problems later in life. If lived that long. It will be fine. Sure of it. Well, mostly."

((Woah, what's up with the 2 -1s to that roll? I can explain one, you put my Char. sheet as a Technician, but I'm a Transhuman:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3262243#msg3262243 If you look at the last edited date, you'll see that I haven't tampered with it or anything. (In fact, another error you've made is that you've only given me 4 of my 5 skill points in the sheet you put on pastebin - you missed a Handiwork point.)

But what about the other -1?))

Piece of junk...

Incinerate the entire section of hall around and including the MG (Entire section here is the width and the depth of the hall, the latter a foot in each direction) if there are no teammates in the way. If there are teammates in the way, melt a hole through the MG's middle.
(You must have edited after I said "Got it" (or while I was making the post) because I copy and paste them straight to my files. I don't really do any checking of numbers till you go on your first mission or perform an action with real consequences. If you or really anyone else does that, you gotta let me know because I don't read back and check those things. I've updated it in my files. And that extra -1 came from the fact that you have a 0 in Uncon wep. If you have a 0 in a skill or  less then 3 in a stat, you get automatic negatives. It simulates general incompetence.)

[uncon:5-1] Having...um...cleared the area of potential friendly fire risks...you decide that the best course of action is just to nuke the bloody hall. You enter in the targeting location in big even numbers and then slap out the proper equations before jabbing execute. You feel your concentration waning a bit as the mental exhaustion of doing complex math begins to set in.  An entire section of the hall in front of you begins to shimmer and then glow with heat. The Metal sentinel shrieks and begins to melt, struggling to hold it's shape before forming a great silvery puddle on the ground, spreading out into the corridor.

((@GM: Sorry, I forgot the part "people with a high amount of uncon skill points", I know that common slobs with the shunts are way weaker than the armory master and whatnot.))

Milno pits himself against a moving dummy programmed to stay alive and with a good mastery (+3 to uncon rolls) of the shunt and inside a MkII. He arms himself with his toothy attachment, a laser rifle and a gauss rifle with both redshells, blackshot, common and Doomsday shells.

The setting is a red wasteland with skyscrapers jutting out of the ground, vacuum but with Earth's gravity. The enemy is set to keeping itself alive without killing Milno, basically by dodging and trying to stop any attack with the shunt.

Milno will stop the simulation if he sees any interesting thing happening.

You set up the Duel simulation, arm yourself and your opponent and set things in motion. The dummy stands and watches you, waiting for you to make the first move for it to defend itself from.

Lukas decides to make his way to the armory, following the signs, as Steve suggested. As he approaches the armory he hears people talking. Did he seriously hear someone ask something about implanting a vagina? Lukas frowns upon that thought. "This is going to be interesting." He stops at the entrance to the armory and from there he sees a woman (pretty cute actually) stand behind the counter. "Right, that must be the armory master" Lukas thinks to himself. But what is that other thing? Lukas nods to the armory master. "Ma'am." He then turns to the other person and nods to...it. "Uhm...Ma'am?"
The armory master doesn't look away from the...whatever that is...as she speaks. "Yeah, hi. You want something?"

((You can't enter the room, the armory master stays behind a counter and her room is locked.))

((Ah, just a bit confused about the layout. The counter is directly adjacent to the hall then?))
The armory itself is a small square room, but the only thing in that room is the armory kiosk which is a counter (half in the kiosk, half in the room with a small slot through which things can be passed from kiosk to outside) and window built into the wall.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno changes the laser rifle to high intensity, high diffusal setting and starts to blast away at the dummy with both doomsday and common shells from the gauss rifle and burst beams from the laser rifle.
After that, he changes the laser rifle to low diffusal and high intensity and replaces the gauss rifle's barrel for the medium range one. He then proceeds to recommence attacking the enemy.
He pauses the simulation if anything interesting happens.

As for the training session...He checks the situation and communicates:
>Good job on frying fanboy, I hope that made you feel better, it certainly made me feel.

Milno kicks fanboy once more inside the training course, but this time with a wristpad with a number "2" on it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:00:25 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

The armory master doesn't look away from the...whatever that is...as she speaks. "Yeah, hi. You want something?"

"Uhm...Yeah, the ship's computer suggested that you might have some pills to fix my headache. Will it cost me?" While talking to the armory master, Lukas doesn't seem to be able to take his eyes of the other thing that stands there. How fascinating!...And how disturbing!
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May takes the wig and puts it on. She reviews how it looks through the nearest reflective surface. Looking at her new hair in various poses, she notes to the Armory Master, "Elisaz thought you were very beautiful. Shame that he passed away."

May curtly exits and heads to the doctor's office. When she finds him she asks, "How can I alter my eye color?"

((What a great sub-title you got there piecewise.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Frying teammates is not very high on my list of priorities, don't expect me to do it again, even if by accident.

Anyways, looks like we've got a pile of slag and some charred limbs to show for that, the only way is forward.

Cautiously advance, keeping a sharp eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I am still wondering why Elisaz changed to "May". I mean, how did his mind change/adapt to that so fast?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

((I am still wondering why Elisaz changed to "May". I mean, how did his mind change/adapt to that so fast?))

((Just reread, and I think that too :P Maybe el medico messed with his mind too.))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Just reread, and I think that too :P Maybe el medico messed with his mind too.))
((I don't know, I was expecting just Elisaz's female version. But I guess the only possible explanation is that TCM got tired of his utterly perverted and sick character and decided to try something different.))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((I don't know, I was expecting just Elisaz's female version. But I guess the only possible explanation is that TCM got tired of his utterly perverted and sick character and decided to try something different.))
((Actually, it looks like he/she's really been through that several times, so probably it's just one more side of TCM's character. You know, wipe your own self anew and take a different approach to it. Like having multiple personality disorder, only with one powerful personality dominating the character for years until the next 'reincarnation'. Also, judging by now late Elisaz looks, they probably were as well operation-produced.
By the way, that's quite intresting philosophical approach, the whole 'reincarnation in the same body' thing. Nah, never mind. ))

Also, first time to see an actual volunteer,
I meant the living members. Other than Nikitian. Um, wait...yep, only them.
((That's what I mean. If I got it right, you practically denied me place among the living that time. That, or put me aside from other living comrades for some reason. Suspicious.  ???  ;) ))

((@GM Actually, what am I doing now? What do I feel? Am I just unconscious, or doing exactly nothing and staring at black screens of the VR simulator?
Oh, and did I smile while being burned away, just as planned? ;D ))

((@all Also, to think of it, should've really brought the remains of the original sentinel back to the ship. I mean, his only weapon was in the end probably even more powerful than a mining laser, having burned those many big nice chunks of walls with the final shot. ))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:49:52 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Actually, it looks like he/she's really been through that several times, so probably it's just one more side of TCM's character. You know, wipe your own self anew and take a different approach to it. Like having multiple personality disorder, only with one powerful personality dominating the character for years until the next 'reincarnation'. Also, judging by now late Elisaz looks, they probably were as well operation-produced.
By the way, that's quite intresting philosophical approach, the whole 'reincarnation in the same body' thing. Nah, never mind. ))

Also, first time to see an actual volunteer,
I meant the living members. Other than Nikitian. Um, wait...yep, only them.
((That's what I mean. If I got it right, you practically denied me place among the living that time. That, or put me aside from other living comrades for some reason. Suspicious.  ???  ;) ))

((@GM Actually, what am I doing now? What do I feel? Am I just unconscious, or doing exactly nothing and staring at black screens of the VR simulator?
Oh, and did I smile while being burned away, just as planned? ;D ))

((@all Also, to think of it, should've really brought the remains of the original sentinel back to the ship. I mean, his only weapon was in the end probably even more powerful than a mining laser, having burned those many big nice chunks of walls with the final shot. ))
The high energy projector is pretty close to what the guardian uses, just lower powered. As per where you are when you die in that simulation...assume you're kind of a ghost, just a hovering camera at the spawn point, watching the team.
Milno changes the laser rifle to high intensity, high diffusal setting and starts to blast away at the dummy with both doomsday and common shells from the gauss rifle and burst beams from the laser rifle.
After that, he changes the laser rifle to low diffusal and high intensity and replaces the gauss rifle's barrel for the medium range one. He then proceeds to recommence attacking the enemy.
He pauses the simulation if anything interesting happens.

As for the training session...He checks the situation and communicates:
>Good job on frying fanboy, I hope that made you feel better, it certainly made me feel.

Milno kicks fanboy once more inside the training course, but this time with a wristpad with a number "2" on it.
[con:2-1+1] (You get -1 for duel wielding rifles. Exoskeleton or not, it's hard to aim like that.]
You fire a barrage of gauss slugs and laser fire, somehow missing with every single shot. The dummy stares at you blankly.

You grumble and take a minute to switch out the barrel on the gauss rifle and change the settings on the laser rifle before shooting again.
[Con:4+1-1]
[dummy uncon:2+3]
The gauss shells stop in mid air and drop to the ground like a stone, and the laser appears to have no effect. You grumble again. Harder this time.

You take a moment out of your very unhelpful simulation to kick the dead student back into the hall.

"Uhm...Yeah, the ship's computer suggested that you might have some pills to fix my headache. Will it cost me?" While talking to the armory master, Lukas doesn't seem to be able to take his eyes of the other thing that stands there. How fascinating!...And how disturbing!
"Nothing. Most of these pills and drugs are free on ship." she reaches under the counter and pulls out two pills, one white, one blue, and sets them on the counter. "White will dull the pain, blue will just make you not care."

May takes the wig and puts it on. She reviews how it looks through the nearest reflective surface. Looking at her new hair in various poses, she notes to the Armory Master, "Elisaz thought you were very beautiful. Shame that he passed away."

May curtly exits and heads to the doctor's office. When she finds him she asks, "How can I alter my eye color?"

((What a great sub-title you got there piecewise.))
You leave the armory and head for the infirmary, still wandering naked through the ship much to the surprise and mild terror of all. Once you reach the infirmary you look around, trying to locate the bespectacled doctor, but can't find him anywhere. Maybe he's wih another patient?

Frying teammates is not very high on my list of priorities, don't expect me to do it again, even if by accident.

Anyways, looks like we've got a pile of slag and some charred limbs to show for that, the only way is forward.

Cautiously advance, keeping a sharp eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
You advance a few feat till you come to the edge of the puddle of molten alien guardian. Advancing means walking through the puddle.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

"Nothing. Most of these pills and drugs are free on ship." she reaches under the counter and pulls out two pills, one white, one blue, and sets them on the counter. "White will dull the pain, blue will just make you not care."

Lukas grins for just a second. He picks up the white pill and swallows it. He puts the blue pill in his back pocket. "Thanks, I'll just keep that one for when I really need it", he says to the armory master. "Bye." He taps his index finger on the counter once for no apparent reason and then walks off to the mess hall to see if he can get some decent food.

Go to the mess hall. Look around to see who else is there. Check the menu.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Warily advance the hall for the third time. Also, mind my previous self lower body - boot it lighlty if I come across it. If I reach the puddle without accident, probe it with the tip of bayonet. If it reacts, shoot the thing. If it's solid, come across the sentinel and be ready to shoot anyone and anything that was watiting for us behind the xenos metal guardian.
Hi Nick. Thank you for dealing with the sentinel, it was helpful. Oh, and never mind that accident - anyone could've made that mistake.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno takes some time to check his suit and try to create a  modification to steady and enhance his aim when shooting with two weapons at the same time. He also leaves the dummy only in the shunt to check its resistance against vacuum.
>Yes?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Godammit. Stupid wires. Lets fix that."

Fix my fuckup.

((Elizas is the first to die without even going on a mission.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May looked all over the room, but the doctor seemed to have vanished. Slinking her way out, she searches the entire ship for him, in her terrifying sing-song voice she sang out, "~Doctor....doctor where are you?...Doctor...~"

((I stopped trying Elisaz because I don't think having a sex-crazed eunuch running around would work out very well.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 2101