_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686603 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

It's nice that you don't mind that I accidentally incinerated you, though I'm still quite glad that happened in VR. Were this a real mission, not even the HMRC could've put you back together again. If it were your lower body, sure, but your brain got crisped. Anyhow, the metal thing is a pile of slag now, if it's solidified, let's go.

((Did you get the idea for that Metal Sentinel off of Cube 2: Hypercube? It seemed very similar to a trap in that movie.))

((Hm, guess I'll wait til' you wake up later Prosperus. I'm in the south-east USA so it's about noon here.
Skyrunner, I'm just wondering, where are you?))

((You too? Where in the Southeast?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( I'm currently residing in Florida: The Freudian-shaped State.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

(( I'm currently residing in Florida: The Freudian-shaped State.))

((A good bit more south than me, up here in Tennessee. Also, you are the second person on here that I know is a Floridian. Edio's the other one.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Nothing. Most of these pills and drugs are free on ship." she reaches under the counter and pulls out two pills, one white, one blue, and sets them on the counter. "White will dull the pain, blue will just make you not care."

Lukas grins for just a second. He picks up the white pill and swallows it. He puts the blue pill in his back pocket. "Thanks, I'll just keep that one for when I really need it", he says to the armory master. "Bye." He taps his index finger on the counter once for no apparent reason and then walks off to the mess hall to see if he can get some decent food.

Go to the mess hall. Look around to see who else is there. Check the menu.
You grab both pills and swallow the white one before heading off to the mess hall, following the convenient signs painted on the walls.

The mess hall itself is nothing more then a large, white tiled room with a food dispenser set into the wall. There's a menu hanging on the wall beside the dispenser that also doubles as the ordering system. The menu contains such descriptive names as "Meat 1" and "dessert 2"

There looks to be several people in the rec room across the way, though they're all in vr machines so you can't see their faces.

Warily advance the hall for the third time. Also, mind my previous self lower body - boot it lighlty if I come across it. If I reach the puddle without accident, probe it with the tip of bayonet. If it reacts, shoot the thing. If it's solid, come across the sentinel and be ready to shoot anyone and anything that was watiting for us behind the xenos metal guardian.
Hi Nick. Thank you for dealing with the sentinel, it was helpful. Oh, and never mind that accident - anyone could've made that mistake.
You walk down the hall and poke at puddle with your bayonet. The puddle of liquid moves suddenly, razor sharp tendrils shoot upward and into your weapon, piercing it a dozen times before tearing outward and ripping the weapon to pieces.

Milno takes some time to check his suit and try to create a  modification to steady and enhance his aim when shooting with two weapons at the same time. He also leaves the dummy only in the shunt to check its resistance against vacuum.
Ok, how would you go about creating such a thing? Any ideas?

Also, the shunt user in just the shunt in a vacuum will die the same as anyone.

"Godammit. Stupid wires. Lets fix that."

Fix my fuckup.

((Elizas is the first to die without even going on a mission.))
You exit back out of the simulation and attempt to fix what you messed up on originally.
[Handiwork: 3+1+1]
You successfully remedy the problem and close the rifle up.

May looked all over the room, but the doctor seemed to have vanished. Slinking her way out, she searches the entire ship for him, in her terrifying sing-song voice she sang out, "~Doctor....doctor where are you?...Doctor...~"

((Just reread, and I think that too :P Maybe el medico messed with his mind too.))
((I don't know, I was expecting just Elisaz's female version. But I guess the only possible explanation is that TCM got tired of his utterly perverted and sick character and decided to try something different.))

((I stopped trying Elisaz because I don't think having a sex-crazed eunuch running around would work out very well.))
You call out for the doctor and look around a bit, but can't find him.

((...*raises timid hand* I'm sorta not doing anything...))
You're in the vr machine, in milno's simulation I believe. Mostly just standing there.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

(
Skyrunner, I'm just wondering, where are you? On the ship, I mean.))

((I think I'm in the mess hall.))

Empyrean is currently sitting in a corner of the mess hall, futilely trying to weld some pipes together.

She exited the simulation.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since the suit follows the wearer's movements, Milno tries to create a suit's setting able to identify the characteristic motion of his finger moving to pull the trigger.

As soon as the suit's systems identify his movements to shoot, the MkIII will try to lock the arms in the place they are, preventing the user's arms from moving for the small fraction of time needed to fire and releasing right after, but still allowing him to pull the trigger.

Have in mind that this assumes basic firearm safety measures, as in keeping the pointer finger normally away from the trigger.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May prances her way over to the mess hall. Looking inside she sees a man looking around, as well as a girl she had only caught a few glimpses of before. May walks up to the girl tinkering with pipes. "What's your name?" asks May, the sexless pale creature.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Release what is left of the weapon and quickly step back.
Good grief, that was a trusty weapon. Still, good to keep my arms intact. Nick, can you evaporate that puddle?
Move away from the puddle to avoid being caught in friendly fire.
Hmmm, Game Master, thank you for all the advice. I'm definetly going to bring a poking stick on the actual mission now. Also, comrades, looks like I'm bound to take the lead now, so that the unfortunate victim wouldn't be someone with a weapon. He chuckled.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Empyrean made an exasperated sound and chucked one of the pipes across the room, making a clanging sound against the white squares of the floor when a weird flute-voice addressed her. She looked up and saw... May. White as snow but lacking the other expected features of a person such as irises; the nakedness of her didn't help in 'blending in'. Still, she(?) was beautiful in a way. Instead of answering in an unhelpful and or snarky way, she simply said,

"Empyrean."

and stood up, intending to head over and pick that pipe up again.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May looked at her curiously. "What are you doing, Empyrean? That's a very pretty name."

(( I'm picturing May as beautiful, not in drooling 'Omg so sexi guuurrlllll', but in this weird humanoid cyborg/exotic alien creature type thing.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

((Yeah, kinda like a porcelain doll.))

"I'm trying to weld this freaking series of pipes together with a welder, and I cut something off. Really annoying."

She picked up the pipe. Try welding it again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( I'm picturing May as beautiful, not in drooling 'Omg so sexi guuurrlllll', but in this weird humanoid cyborg/exotic alien creature type thing.))
((From the GM's description, she looks like the unholy spawn of an elf and an alien.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

I can try an vaporize it, though I advise that you step very far back before I do so...

Although a better idea that would not involve having that stuff in the air as vapor is freezing it.

Cool the puddle to 0.01 degrees Kelvin, that should render it inert.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:44:16 pm by PyroDesu »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, kinda like a porcelain doll.))

"I'm trying to weld this freaking series of pipes together with a welder, and I cut something off. Really annoying."

She picked up the pipe. Try welding it again.

See if May can remember anything about welding from her past life.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

I can try an vaporize it, though I advise that you step very far back before I do so...

Although a better idea that would not involve having that stuff in the air as vapor is freezing it.

Cool the puddle to 0.01 degrees Kelvin, that should render it inert.
I have no objections. Also, we should try to rig up some temperature and atmosphere scanners back in the tinker after finishing this training session. What if it was already that cold here and we wouldn't know?

((Also, if the idea works, we might be able to construct a freezing gun  ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 2101