_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5719380 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

I would think that these suits already have have such installed, as well as atmosphere and gravity stuff. It would make sense.

Besides, if they aren't, I'll make them. Basic information on the environment can be important.

As to whether or not cooling it to near absolute zero will work, if it doesn't, that thing'll wish it had. I know the hottest temperature of Sol's chromosphere is at least 20 million Kelvin. At that temperature, it might end up reduced it to its base elements from every molecular bond breaking down from the extreme amount of energy provided to them.

((There are two things that will mess with temperature here, other than lasers melting walls and such, and one requires complex math (Field Manipulator, what I'm using) and the other uses your mind.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:12:57 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Yeah, I know. I mean, it might be possible to make a simplified version of the Field Manipulator, something tube-shaped what could be pointed at the target and used without making the user solve complex math (remember that Int requirement?) or fry their brains willingly.
That was the original idea for making a melting gun, but if the same weapon could be rigged/reprogrammed to freeze the target instead of melting it, that would be brilliant.
Also, just understood that, due to the Manipulators being fed on batteries, they could probably be improved to accept the relatively cheap generator power input. That, or the batteries are really powerful and should be as power sources for the conventional weapons  :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Yeah, I know. I mean, it might be possible to make a simplified version of the Field Manipulator, something tube-shaped what could be pointed at the target and used without making the user solve complex math (remember that Int requirement?) or fry their brains willingly.
That was the original idea for making a melting gun, but if the same weapon could be rigged/reprogrammed to freeze the target instead of melting it, that would be brilliant.
Also, just understood that, due to the Manipulators being fed on batteries, they could probably be improved to accept the relatively cheap generator power input. That, or the batteries are really powerful and should be as power sources for the conventional weapons  :) ))

((How much did Piecewise say those generator backpacks are?))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Right. That's done. Now what to do. *Gurgble*. Food it is. Thanks stomach."

Head to the Mess hall.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Five tokens for a basic generator (60 seconds worth of stored power for a laser rifle, 30 - for a cutting laser, roughly 10% recharged every round), ten for an advanced (probably twice the power output of the smaller generator, or even more). There is also the gauss rifle power generator, worth 1 token (this one is capable of producing around 10 lasrifle firing seconds worth of power in five seconds, if used together with a capacitor bank, which is worth one more token) and the high energy projector generator - not sure how expensive is that, though (it is, however, more powerful than the basic generator and takes longer to recharge). ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Five tokens for a basic generator (60 seconds worth of stored power for a laser rifle, 30 - for a cutting laser, roughly 10% recharged every round), ten for an advanced (probably twice the power output of the smaller generator, or even more). There is also the gauss rifle power generator, worth 1 token (this one is capable of producing around 10 lasrifle firing seconds worth of power in five seconds, if used together with a capacitor bank, which is worth one more token) and the high energy projector generator - not sure how expensive is that, though (it is, however, more powerful than the basic generator and takes longer to recharge). ))

((Hmm, I could probably hop out of the sim for a moment and design a quick, cheap (2-token or less) generator for my Field Manipulator. 20 charges is an alright amount, but I want to be prepared.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:18:33 pm by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hmm, I could probably hop out of the sim for a moment and design a quick, cheap (2-token or less) generator for my Field Manipulator. 20 charges is an alright amount, but I want to be prepared.))
((The test area is actually very simple. I don't think you'll need so much charges.

@Nikitian: There is no need for poking sticks, we always have Jim.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((The test area is actually very simple. I don't think you'll need so much charges.

@Nikitian: There is no need for poking sticks, we always have Jim.))

((Jim might not appreciate being used to poke things that might or might not destroy on contact.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Jim might not appreciate being used to poke things that might or might not destroy on contact.
((He has been doing that voluntarily for some time as of now.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((He has been doing that voluntarily for some time as of now.))

((Good point. He can be rebuilt if something similar to what happened to Nik's rifle happened to him anyways, so long as his braincase remains intact...

Though that would apply to all of us, sans braincase, just brain.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((By the way, have you noticed how eager is piecewise to let us replace our flesh-and-blood with those artificial grafts? Even while there is that cloning process which they use in the army and are currently trying to apply to Faith's brain? There's definetly something going on here. Perhaps there is a way to unlock 'the secrets of human body' some way? I'm going to ask Steve and search in the Net for the answers, and I would welcome anyone's help. Perhaps it is possible to take those 'upgrades', but they would require massive willpower tests, and on losing those a 'downgrade' is actually possible (like exhausting your body reserves and such)? *suspicious* ))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:53:47 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((By the way, have you noticed how eager is piecewise to let us replace our flesh-and-blood with those artificial grafts? Even while there is that cloning process which they use in the army and are currently trying to apply to Faith's brain? There's definetly something going on here. Perhaps there is a way to unlock 'the secrets of human body' some way? I'm going to ask Steve and search in the Net for the answers, and I would welcome anyone's help. Perhaps it is possible to take those 'upgrades', but they would require massive willpower tests, and on losing those a 'downgrade' is actually possible (like exhausting your body reserves and such)? *suspicious* ))

((Guess why I went over to the Medbay once I yanked myself out of VR? Too bad Doc was busy sim-mindraping.

Look in my character background, my dude will voluntarily have a limb hacked off to replace it, the only reason he didn't come in with one was "pathetic local medical 'professionals'". I want the cybernetics.

And, you know, the only cybernetics that I haven't really seen yet are neural augments. I wouldn't really mind a bit of my brain being computerized. Maybe the Doctor has some experimental stuff like that that he wants to test.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:58:18 pm by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@PyroDesu: I think the doctor may gladly hack off your limbs to replace them. But the GM may want to roll for those ones, since you, well, did not lose a limb and are denying the GM the opportunity to lop it off himself in one of the missions.

And there is always the risk of your character waking up in the mess hall with a note hanging from his neck where it reads "May have..."))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((@PyroDesu: I think the doctor may gladly hack off your limbs to replace them. But the GM may want to roll for those ones, since you, well, did not lose a limb and are denying the GM the opportunity to lop it off himself in one of the missions.

And there is always the risk of your character waking up in the mess hall with a note hanging from his neck where it reads "May have..."))

((He's not going to be using general anesthetic, that's for sure. I will be conscious the entire time, in order to prevent that latter situation occurring.

Doesn't mean he won't be using anesthetic, though.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Eh, okay  :) Also, could you suggest some way for augmenting dexterity? I mean, apart from replacing your whole body with a Full Body Prosthesis.
Also, yes, neural augments are the cool stuff. Too bad there probably cannot be anything to augment your willpower - merging in more brain matter, perhaps? I mean, the way Steve functions, only, perhaps, scaled down.
Mmmm, do you think Jim would consider donating his brain? Nah, that's probably virus-ridden now.  ;D

Oh, WAIT!
Just understood - how exactly did they acquire that much brain matter to create Steve, if as long as the brain is pretty much intact, they can stuff it into robotic box and call it a day, and chances for damaging the brain too much for it to function properly but still leaving enough of it for other purposes are quite low? What exactly happened to 'the unit before us'?))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 2101