_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732523 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8 was long wasn't it?
« Reply #12480 on: February 28, 2013, 11:06:11 pm »

What's going to happen to the planet? Is it going to be kept for further study, or what?

Also, I might apply for the second one you mention, but it's going to be a good bit before I'm quite ready for another mission, especially such a long one.

Simus awaits an answer, then heads to the Armory.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12481 on: February 28, 2013, 11:09:15 pm »

((Is the number for the second mission still 10?

Also, nothing for bringing back a nice chunk of sharkmist?  Damn.

This is a tough one.  Lars wouldn't want to be away from Steve that long and is clearly unqualified for the first mission, but Toaster doesn't want to sit out.  Hmm...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: February 28, 2013, 11:09:34 pm »

ask the man in black to surgically remove the arm and shoulder affected by ivans bite then try to sell him the rights to keep them for a few credits.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:44:21 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: February 28, 2013, 11:34:53 pm »

Milno rises from his seat, one of the few occasions in which he is unarmored and wearing only the HMRC-standard clothing.. Figures the prizes would be lower this time around and failure wouldn't go unnoticed - and to make matters even worse he had gotten cursed with exactly the kind of alien fuckery he has always hated.

The young man smirks as he walks to the showers, feeling the irony of his situation. He generally hates alien shit - especially the ones that decide to take your mind and/or body - but unfortunately this instance of alien shit does not seem to understand nor share his feelings. Symbiotic probably means he won't be able to get the thing out of him so easily or they would have done so.

The human body. It is weak, pathetic and predictable. As its owner, you tend to know when it's going to break or make it, and you are aware of most of your vast weaknesses and few strengths. You know your human body is nothing but a speck of the tiniest possible piece of dust on a giant alien hivemind's ass, but you are used to it; you tend to know and test your limits within reasonable (or unreasonable) boundaries. A body tampered with by aliens is in some aspects much better than having your brain put in a metallic jar, but it is still something you can't quite trust, it isn't just yours and the other thing living with you may try to claim it as theirs.

Of course, he has an idea of what to do to know how if the thing inside him is a problem at all and if it is going to take over his mind any time soon. For the moment, checking the surface should be enough, and so he does. Arriving at the showers, he tosses his clothing to the side and starts to wash his body, taking some time and struggle to deal with his long hair (if it even still happens to be there).

He checks his body for any signs of changes or modifications brought by the sharkmist before dressing back and walking to the lockers to check on his equipment.

Analyze body visually for any signs of modifications by sharkmist, then get dressed once again and go check on the equipment and how much it costed to repair the armor's damaged leg.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: February 28, 2013, 11:47:51 pm »

Jobasio dreamt. He dreamt of his life before, he dreamt of what could have been, and of course he dreamt of horrifying half-realised alien monsters tearing him apart with claws and fangs. Not a particularly pleasant dream, all told.

>Wake up.

>Inspect self.

((Was Jobasio referred to as Jack in the mission debriefing? Just making sure there wasn't another Jack. :P
Also, sorry for not being able to post very frequently, especially at the end there where all the intense stuff was goin' down. So many pages to check up on every time I looked. D:))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: February 28, 2013, 11:56:04 pm »

"Didn't get an extra token for my heroic extraction of the entire team?  No?  Ok."
Current stats and inventory, please?

(I kinda want to go on the first mission so I'll probably boost my will.  The second mission is just way too long.
Also I really thought I was competent enough on the mission to earn at least an extra token.  Oh well.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:59:46 pm by Remalle »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: March 01, 2013, 12:00:57 am »

Lars was torn.  While the prospect of another mission so soon would be a great way to exercise his skills, there was still much to learn here.  He had not even finished reading the holy book the Armory Master had given him.

Well, in times of indecision, there was always something that never failed him.

"O Steve, I beseech you!  Grant a boon to the humble speaker of your word!  Do you wish me to go on this mission and spread your Name, or shall I stay behind and continue my studies?"

Pray!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:01 am »

(Requesting current tokens and stats before I spend any of them. And I'm happy to go along with the first mission, yeah. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: March 01, 2013, 12:06:07 am »

Search for Doc. Ask him if he has any suggestions on what can make Renen a better fighter.

Hey, is there any way to better my speed, strength and endurance through body modifications besides a robot body?

((PW. What are Renen's stats?))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12489 on: March 01, 2013, 12:10:47 am »

((Is the number for the second mission still 10?

Also, nothing for bringing back a nice chunk of sharkmist?  Damn.

This is a tough one.  Lars wouldn't want to be away from Steve that long and is clearly unqualified for the first mission, but Toaster doesn't want to sit out.  Hmm...))
Ah, forgot that. I'll give you 2 tokens more.

What's going to happen to the planet? Is it going to be kept for further study, or what?

Also, I might apply for the second one you mention, but it's going to be a good bit before I'm quite ready for another mission, especially such a long one.

Simus awaits an answer, then heads to the Armory.

>Study for now, destruction if it poses a threat.

You head to the armory, your curiosity sated.

try to sell the man in black the arm + shoulder that ivans head has seeped into

He doesn't listen to you. Instead he drags you to a room and throws you in. Inside is the doctor, and Ivan in a tank of green biogel.  Ivan isn't moving, but somehow you know he's not dead.

"Altered aren't too different from most life when it comes to their motivations." The doctor says, his back to you. "When an altered is injured they will do one of two things. They will either run and try to heal." He turns to you," Or they will try to propagate before they die."

He walks over to you and lifts you off the ground. The first inklings of feeling are beginning to return to your legs.

"Everything he is, you will become." He looks straight into your eyes, blank glass of his lenses reflecting your own stare back at you, "What do you want to do?"

Milno rises from his seat, one of the few occasions in which he is unarmored and wearing only the HMRC-standard clothing.. Figures the prizes would be lower this time around and failure wouldn't go unnoticed - and to make matters even worse he had gotten cursed with exactly the kind of alien fuckery he has always hated.

The young man smirks as he walks to the showers, feeling the irony of his situation. He generally hates alien shit - especially the ones that decide to take your mind and/or body - but unfortunately this instance of alien shit does not seem to understand nor share his feelings. Symbiotic probably means he won't be able to get the thing out of him so easily or they would have done so.

The human body. It is weak, pathetic and predictable. As its owner, you tend to know when it's going to break or make it, and you are aware of most of your vast weaknesses and few strengths. You know your human body is nothing but a speck of the tiniest possible piece of dust on a giant alien hivemind's ass, but you are used to it; you tend to know and test your limits within reasonable (or unreasonable) boundaries. A body tampered with by aliens is in some aspects much better than having your brain put in a metallic jar, but it is still something you can't quite trust, it isn't just yours and the other thing living with you may try to claim it as theirs.

Of course, he has an idea of what to do to know how if the thing inside him is a problem at all and if it is going to take over his mind any time soon. For the moment, checking the surface should be enough, and so he does. Arriving at the showers, he tosses his clothing to the side and starts to wash his body, taking some time and struggle to deal with his long hair (if it even still happens to be there).

He checks his body for any signs of changes or modifications brought by the sharkmist before dressing back and walking to the lockers to check on his equipment.

Analyze body visually for any signs of modifications by sharkmist, then get dressed once again and go check on the equipment and how much it costed to repair the armor's damaged leg.

You look yourself over in the shower. You look normal enough, same old scars, same old robot arm, same old skin, pale from far too long in space suits under artificial lights. There's a nice new circular  scar on your leg where the rebar went in,  and more then a few on your chest.  Oh well.

You get dressed and head to the armory to see how much getting your suit repaired will cost.

"Nada." the armory master says, drying your wet hair and rebraiding it with an idle flick of the wrist.

"You got hit in the leg, below the armored sections. Simple fix, really, once we drained the blood and all. Be a bit more careful next time, yeah?"

Jobasio dreamt. He dreamt of his life before, he dreamt of what could have been, and of course he dreamt of horrifying half-realised alien monsters tearing him apart with claws and fangs. Not a particularly pleasant dream, all told.

>Wake up.

>Inspect self.

((Was Jobasio referred to as Jack in the mission debriefing? Just making sure there wasn't another Jack. :P
Also, sorry for not being able to post very frequently, especially at the end there where all the intense stuff was goin' down. So many pages to check up on every time I looked. D:))

(yep)

You wake up. You inspect yourself. You are in a bed. The bed is nice. Your spine is broken. Less nice. They have you on a lot of pain killers. Awesome.

"Didn't get an extra token for my heroic extraction of the entire team?  No?  Ok."
Current stats and inventory, please?

(I kinda want to go on the first mission so I'll probably boost my will.  The second mission is just way too long.
Also I really thought I was competent enough on the mission to earn at least an extra token.  Oh well.)
It's a year in game, not real life.

Mesk
+2 Med
+1 aux
-1 speech,handi, con wep, uncon wep,
2/3 int
1/3 aux,dex, end, Will,str, char,

Mk II suit
civ police body armor.
cutting torch, (10:00/10:00)
anti-coagulant
Advanced kit (full)
monorazor
6 token.

Lars was torn.  While the prospect of another mission so soon would be a great way to exercise his skills, there was still much to learn here.  He had not even finished reading the holy book the Armory Master had given him.

Well, in times of indecision, there was always something that never failed him.

"O Steve, I beseech you!  Grant a boon to the humble speaker of your word!  Do you wish me to go on this mission and spread your Name, or shall I stay behind and continue my studies?"

Pray!

>Well, experience always helps the newbies. I assume some of them will be on this.

(Requesting current tokens and stats before I spend any of them. And I'm happy to go along with the first mission, yeah. ^^^)
Jim
+1 exotic wep, will
-2 speech
-1 handiwork,charisma
1/3 dex, intel,intuition, char
2/3 Exotic

Clever
Matter manipulator Amp
Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier
pair of arms (synth)
Decompensator(1/3 chance to make a 6 or higher a 5)exo

23 token

Locker:
108 lb metal

Unnamed reiterpallasch (almost 2 feet too long. Need 8 dex or -1 dex. If 8 dex,

+1 str for stab)

X2
cutlass
Longsword
Dagger
Mace
Two-Handed Sword
Spear
Knuckledusters

Search for Doc. Ask him if he has any suggestions on what can make Renen a better fighter.

Hey, is there any way to better my speed, strength and endurance through body modifications besides a robot body?

((PW. What are Renen's stats?))

Renen
+1 to all katana combat rolls 1/3 to other sword rolls.
slow mo ability. Triggered on successful will roll. +2 dynamic dex bonus.
1/3 Dex,char,will,exotic
-1 handi, con, med
MK II
Unnamed Katana
Monoatomic sword
4 token

Doc ain't around in the Infirmary, you're not sure where he is. Hmm.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: March 01, 2013, 12:21:20 am »

((All praise to Steve the Generous!))

Lars nodded.  "Yes, Most Holy One!  But first, there are two things I must do."

Go get the Bust of Milno out of my locker and display it prominently in the Rec Room.  Then head to the Armory Master and speak as below.

Lars bowed to the Armory Master as he approached.  "How much would it cost to have this broken rifle repaired?  I have this civilian model to help offset the cost."  Lars held up the two rifles.

((Attention poor people:  Jim has 23 tokens- mug him if you want a battlesuit!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: March 01, 2013, 12:24:28 am »

Milno glances sideways as if trying to look backwards and touches his hair before returning his gaze to the armory master. "Thanks, this takes a lot of time to get done normally." he pauses for a moment, letting go of his hair and sighing.

"Well, you probably know what happened and you're good with amps. Do you have any of the ones that screw with people's minds?" he asks before explaining: "I'm not sure about how exactly they work, but I wanted someone to scan my head and body to know if there is another consciousness or mind or whatever sharing this body with me."

The above.

((Milno has a +1 to Will so he's a good choice for the first, mind fuckery and the potential for the whole team to kill each other aside. Second sounds long and technical.

@Remalle: Milno did a lot of diplomacy and got six tokens.

@PW: Skill points: +1 to Uncon if that will get the skill to a bonus (2/3 or flat +1, can't remember) then +1 to Handiwork and +1 to Exotic.))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:26:25 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: March 01, 2013, 12:27:51 am »

((Jim should totally get the full body replacement before someone tries to mug him.

Can I get my stat numbers and my inventory please?))

"Well, that's a relief. Hey Steve, for that second mission, what do you mean more technically minded?"

Go have my arm reattached and my head scanned for anything funky from the mist. Also, think back to see if I remember having seen the sheep hanging around somewhere.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: March 01, 2013, 12:33:06 am »

(Toaster: Shut the fuck up. ::) Really. I'm not in the mood for foolish trolling right now.
PW: I was looking for numbers, but oh well.
Zako: That's what I was going to do, yeah.)

Jim heads to the armory and pays for a Synthflesh body, but doesn't actually get it just yet. Instead he first asks these questions:
"Do I need to wear a Mark 1 or better suit over it, or can it stand  up to vacuums and other conditions without one like a robot body? Or in other words, do I have to worry about depressurization?
How well does synthflesh handle injuries - mainly piercing, blunt, and cutting damage - and odd occurrences like the nanomachine mist in the previous mission I was on? How about in comparison to a normal flesh or a robot body?
Where will my brain be kept, in the head or the chest? Or is it up to me?
How customizable is the synthflesh body? Can I order a custom one or do you only have access to a single human type?
Can I keep these two arms as well with the new body?"

He also sinks his five stat points into Willpower, and then puts his skill points into Intuition.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:24:23 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: March 01, 2013, 12:37:44 am »

((SerCon: I apologize- was just going for a quick joke.

Also, don't forget to ask if you get credit for the arms you already have (or just go for four arms) ))

((Also, LEVEL UP!))

Lars reflected on what he had learned during the mission.  He felt his connection with Cog-azaon had granted him insight into the workings of machinery and technology, and powers of observation.  Blessed by the gods, his will was firmer.  Ingram was guiding the hand of his rifle.

And all that running around in heavy gear was good for the body.

Level Up:
+2 Will
+2 Dex
+1 Str
+1 Aux
+1 Intuition
+1 Con
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 2101