_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732832 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12690 on: March 03, 2013, 12:38:56 pm »

I haven't decided which one I will use. But I will ask for some tips later. Now, could you tell me a little about tactics? In general, not only for conventional weaponry.

Ask AM and send a message to Doc.

Hey, can we continue the training?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: March 03, 2013, 12:39:54 pm »

"I know a fair bit about medicine, so I'd like to volunteer for a medic position."

As the others already asked the questions Zephy had on her mind she just waited for the answers.
Also seeing no one else volunteered as leader, she just followed along regarding her vote.

Vote Miyamoto

Since her conversation with the actor got interrupted by the briefing she just sent a message to Flint
Quote from: Zephyris -> Flint
I won't pry if you don't want to think or talk about it.

((@Paris: I have to admit, I didn't recognize the fresh prince theme until I clicked the link even though the beginning was pretty obvious.))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: March 03, 2013, 01:06:10 pm »

((Therapox, USE QUOTATION MARKS. It makes it easier to tell when your charactor is talking or thinking to himself.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: March 03, 2013, 01:08:48 pm »

I'd also like to volunteer for expedition leader, though Miyamoto does have a battlesuit, I have an extensive scientific and engineering background, and enough common sense to know what not to screw around with. Considering what happened to the last people to go there, the latter will probably be important.

If you guys would prefer Miyamoto, I understand, just putting myself into the running as well. If you get it, Miyamoto, then I can at least be a big help when it comes to figuring out what the hell things are, what not to mess around with too much, and making things we might need.

Put myself into the running for Expedition Leader.

((Especially as you're using a font modification that doesn't look much different from normal text, Therapox.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: March 03, 2013, 01:24:24 pm »

((Sure. I can see it just fine, but sure, I'll use quotation marks. Remember when I said to post or PM me if you have any problems? Didn't expect that to come into play so long after that. :o))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: March 03, 2013, 01:30:30 pm »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
Hey Jim! I'm...erm, better, seeing as how the logs of the last mission ended. Do you know why I have 8 tokens though? It's...not like I did much. :O

Err, still. I guess you should take those who you believe know each other well, and know the concept of loyalty at heart. Possibly, Faith, Ivan and Milno along with you as it seems I'll be busy...this time.

So..yeah, I'm glad to see you're leading this one bro! :)

...Did you die? You said you have a new body?

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
I haven't seen Ivan around since we got back - which is kind of weird, since he was just standing in one place for the longest time - and Faith I'm not so sure about. She still has some of Erik left in her brain from what I know, so she might not be the best choice to take on a mission where it's possible the mind will be under assault. Milno, however, I'm definitely taking with me. But thanks for giving your opinion anyway, and I'll do my best to keep my team alive.

Also, I bought this body. I finally had 20 tokens available, so I decided to get the synthflesh option. It's... unusual, to say the least. but at the same time it feel pretty good. Stronger than my previous two bodies - and it occurs to me that's an odd thing to say, isn't it? :D It's going to take some time to get used to having an extra set of arms but I think they'll be useful. Oh, and you got eight tokens because apparently Steve wanted you to have eight. If you don't mind a bit of advice from this end, I recommend you get yourself a better suit. I have two tokens left over if you need them.

He wasn't going to tell her that Steve had given her the tokens because he felt sorry for her. That would probably depress her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: March 03, 2013, 01:32:42 pm »

Why those that nurse give me a nervous feeling?
Continue tapping foot wait for the doctor, wonder if Doctor Who is still on in the future.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: March 03, 2013, 01:38:30 pm »

"Well, I could've guessed that. I hope Jim gives his choices soon though." "Fingers crossed for making the cut" "Who would ever willingly choose you?"

Go to the rec room, watch some TV. Doesn't matter what channel.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: March 03, 2013, 01:49:10 pm »

"Im good with Conventional weapons, not crashing and thats about all I remember."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: March 03, 2013, 02:02:47 pm »

"You have my vote, Simus."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12700 on: March 03, 2013, 02:28:36 pm »

"Yes, if Simus doesn't get voted for leader I believe she should at least be a lieutenant. You know, second in command or leader of a task force or whatever. Her assets are too good to waste."

Quote from: Flint to Zephyris
I do not *like* talking about the past but then I begun thinking and I realized: the past is all I am. If I die-... when I die, if someone remembers me, then that would be a form of afterlife. Wouldn't it? And then the idea hit me. I will record my thoughts and send them to you. And if you're so inclined you may also share your past if you like. It will be a good way to spend our time if we get chosen for the mission. And if I survive long enough to record my entire life I can publish it. So many idiots have published their autobiographies, why not me? What say you? Willing to listen to the stories of an old man?

((Basically, OOC, all I'm saying that since I've thought out most of my character's back story, it would be fun to write it in letter/book form. You know, as if Flint is writing his life's story and sending it. Something like a writing exercise for me. What say you? Willing to turn your character into a plot device for an in universe short story?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: March 03, 2013, 03:24:22 pm »

Uh...well you get a good look at everyone's genitalia. What do you want, like a bar graph of dick sizes?
((On it!

Speaking of which, does anybody have Feyri's Mission 3 levelup? I can't find it, and am trying to rebuild the charts from scratch. Levelups for Mission 7 would be cool also, since I haven't dug through for those yet either.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12702 on: March 03, 2013, 03:30:53 pm »

Charles examines his surroundings.

You're in the briefing room. It's got benches going around in a circle around the central holoprojector. There are lots of people here. Chances are that means a fight is gonna start soon.

Jim sighs and just runs the simulation with Steve still in control and himself as a non-present observer instead - similar to the 'spectator' mode in many FPS games. Too bad... it would've been interesting to see what things are like from Steve's point of view.

>Not gonna let you do anything with an accurate representation of the Sword, bucko. For obvious break out related reasons.

... do not let go
intuition... what went wrong THIS time? test if i can make a blue ink pen and yellow college ruled flip-top notepad if i'm low on data to figure out what's going on.

((well, going through doors without waiting a turn to see what's on the other side seems to be *not working* but i dont think our situation is any worse than it was before that last one, although it might not be any better...))
[intuition:4+1]

Well, you're on neutral ground, so thats a good thing. Something is different though...there are no doors here. Maybe they need time to form? Maybe they're around here and you can't see them? Maybe they need some trigger to appear?

[will:2]

Nothing happens. Well thats not entirely true. 3 and a half doors appear on your left side. The half one kinda fluctuates for a second and then pops out of existence.

>Make articulated claws meant principally for grabbing: try hooking the claws up to the control system for the exoskeleton, altering programming as needed.

>Try making the skeleton powerful enough to make a ten foot vertical jump. Lengthen the legs to about 1.5 their original length, then see if it moves any faster.

Harry Birdman.

So the toes will move with your toes and the lengthed legs are going to make it so you run faster. That vertical leap may require some extra systems; some sort of "spring" system  to propel it up but it's doable. Whats the endgame for this thing?

wait for someone to be nominated as leader then vote for them
You practice apathetic democracy.

My belated reply from here...

((PW, you missed something :P))

Level Up!
Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)

And now I'm back again...

Back here. Alone.

Feyri lifted herself up by her shoulders as she surveyed the room, rubbing her fingers against the bedsheet to assure herself of her senses.

She was alive, once more - the last thing she noticed was a searing pain by her hip, and then darkness. Now, it was confirmed that she was back in this place. Paracelsus' Sword, a panopticon ruled by an Artificial Intelligence termed as Steve.

And for once, she thought she had met peace in those moments in the void...

Granted, at least she was still suited, somehow.

*Blip*
Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
Hey, Feyri. How are you feeling? I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to stop that guy. I have a new body now, one that's stronger and faster and tougher than the old one, so I should be able to do better in the future. Don't be too surprised the next time you see me. :P I don't know when that will be, unless you look for me right now. Steve has put me in charge of leading the next mission and choosing my team - he specified only those with the strongest willpower, which is why he put me in charge. I'm going to take Milno with me. Do you have any recommendations?
Feyri smiled as she noted the time of her conscience, and the time the message was sent to her. He was expecting this, then.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
Hey Jim! I'm...erm, better, seeing as how the logs of the last mission ended. Do you know why I have 8 tokens though? It's...not like I did much. :O

Err, still. I guess you should take those who you believe know each other well, and know the concept of loyalty at heart. Possibly, Faith, Ivan and Milno along with you as it seems I'll be busy...this time.
And now what to do? I can't tinker. I can't create. All designs of weapons or armor just flash back to the modern age of humanity...
So..yeah, I'm glad to see you're leading this one bro! :)

...Did you die? You said you have a new body?

Seeing as there was little to do, Feyri tried to finish her next entry into her logfile, and look around the infirmary for any Doctor who she could converse with. Asking him/her regarding the process of "reanimation", and the brain.

You flag down a doctor and ask about your reanimation.

"Wasn't hard. You're mostly robot under there. And frozen. All the biogel had to do was repair the cell damage from the freezing and then we stitched you back together."

So when I die, I get flasked, with no chance for revival? What if I don't have the flask on me?

Ask. Check if I do have the flask on me.

You won't find the flask.

It shows up when you die.

Strange thing, that.

But only when brain is destroyed.

They find the flask in your skull some times.

Strange thing, that.

Anton remains in his seat, thinking out loud. "A planetoid, huh. Probably negligible atmosphere, if that. Just my luck. Well, having a small base to ourselves sounds good enough, at least." He looks over the group of people discussing the mission details. "Yeah. This should be fun."

If asked for a leader vote, cast one for Miyamoto. Attempt to link to ship's internal network through the datapad, and through that to internet. Search for any additional information, if such exists, on the Anomalous Planetoid 1774, any previous sightings, and the previous mission to it.

If incapable of connecting to the net, perform thorough examination of the datapad, like the wristpad previously.

Well, you can connect to the Sword's internet, but searches for AP 1774 turns up nothing . Chances are AP's aren't very well known to the civies, if at all.

I cast my vote on Miyamoto. "You know you'll always be my robotic overlord, boss. I vote for you."

Ask Steve: "Hey, Steve, 4 things:
1. Will there be any biogel revival tubes and robo regeneration equipment in the base? If not can we buy some?
2. Will we be provided with any offensive or flying vehicles? If not can we buy some?
3. Will we be provided with extra fuel for mark 3s and battlesuits? If not can we buy some?
4. Will we be provided with scientific and mining equipment? If not, can we buy some?"

>Limited systems. No biogel but there will be systems to handle robotic trauma and to replace damaged organic systems with mechanical ones. Biogel wasn't deemed viable for this because it's usage is not only power and resource intensive but is also tricky and requires careful usage lest the subject become a mass of out of control tumorous growths and stemcells. Frankly, we think you'll do less damage to each other this way.

>There are flying vehicles yes, and they have limited offensive capacities. We do not expect an organized resistance though, the danger comes from the environment more then any crazed alien berserkers.

>A large cache of fuel for MK III's and Battlesuit rockets will be available. There is also a large amount on hand for the vehicles. It is not limitless though, so don't go joy riding.

>To a degree. You will have cameras, sampling systems, containment systems, everything you need to document and sample as well as a minor lab to do classification work, to keep whatever you sample in nice neat groups so that the real scientists have an easier job but you're there mostly as explorers, not scientists.

((@long mission team Oooh, what a nice mission you guys are going to have. I almost envy you. Hopefully being forever lost in void will prove fun as well. :)
@GM Was that +1 from a stat or from the dynamic bonus? Sorry for bothering you again, my character's reactions might slightly differ depending on its source.
@Lenglon Thanks. ))
This is strange. Is this the area we started our training?
Think about the lack of doors.
Well there are doors now so...yeah.. ok.

(dynamic.)

"Ok, can you tell me if there are any modifications for the rocket rifle and what they do? Also, how much to refill this clip on the gauss rifle? Please don't tell me that it costs a whole token just for three shots..."

Inquire!

((You forgot my turn.))

After inquires, if I am still allowed to enter the briefing room to join the mission, do so after buying a rocket rifle with a spare clip and refilling my cutter and buying an extra battery for it. If I am not allowed, then head to the VR and check what public schematics are available, making my MBL launcher available publicly.

Yeah ,sure, I'll let you in since I missed you.

"Nothing standard beyond the normal stuff; scopes and the like, stuff you can get on any gun. Different ammo available but they're just different "warheads" for the shots. And I can't refill it for free so why not just buy a whole new magazine for 1 token?"

You listen and then you magically teleport into the briefing room.

Lars nodded. "I will fufill your duties, O Great Steve. Will there be ammuntion available there? Do you anticipate a need for it?"

Lars walked to Miyamoto. "I believe you will make a fine leader."

inquire, vote Miyamoto.

>There's a small armory there, mostly ammunition. Doubt you'll need it though. Doubt it would eve help you if you did.

"Yay!"

Take Pistol, go off and find Piecewise the lizard.

You're not really sure where you left him. Maybe the barracks?

"Yeah, I'll take it." Milno says before moving a bit closer to the kiosk and using a quieter voice. "If Feyri comes here trying to buy a MkII, could you bump it up to a MkIII?" he asks, fishing the necessary tokens before explaining. "I'm paying the difference, it's a gift to both her and her boyfriend and I suspect she'd refuse if I just gave her the tokens."

Talk, ask etc.

"Will do." the armory master says, taking your tokens. "We'll have the EMP and neck armor installed soon. Get some rest for the time being."

I haven't decided which one I will use. But I will ask for some tips later. Now, could you tell me a little about tactics? In general, not only for conventional weaponry.

Ask AM and send a message to Doc.

Hey, can we continue the training?
When you're ready.

"Sometimes it's best to try and disarm before killing. Killing is only effective if you can pull it off immediately. A mortally wounded man  with a weapon is still a man with a weapon after all. And now he has nothing to lose.  Don't be the first in nor the last in. No one hits the middle guy. Chose your weapon based on the situation, don't try to fix a flat tire with a paint brush, don't try to fight a gun battle with a sword.

For the most part it's all common sense. The difficulty is applying that common sense and keeping a cool head while in danger. Do not just act; think  about the situation, think about what the enemy will do, their mind set, their motivations. Anticipate."

Why those that nurse give me a nervous feeling?
Continue tapping foot wait for the doctor, wonder if Doctor Who is still on in the future.
It is, but they call it doctor what now? and the mythology is so complex it's impossible to follow. Mostly because it's put together by robots randomly generating scripts using parts of the last 5000 scripts.

"Well, I could've guessed that. I hope Jim gives his choices soon though." "Fingers crossed for making the cut" "Who would ever willingly choose you?"

Go to the rec room, watch some TV. Doesn't matter what channel.
Disembodied breast juggling it is.

Alright, looks like Miyamoto is our team leader. Congrats. Now chose yourself a team. You need not bring 15 people if you don't want to, thats just the max. As per the people in here, I'm not sure, I'll have to go back and put a list together.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: March 03, 2013, 03:41:12 pm »

Brother Lars raises his hands in praise.  "O thank you, Glorious One.  Please bless us with the knowledge of what the previous team found, if we are worthy!"

Lars nods to everyone.  "For those I have not met, I am Brother Lars.  I am the chaplain of this HMRC unit.  I shall ensure that divine guidance leads us in the correct direction, and am able to provide blessings to many different specialties.  I am also fair with a rifle, should violence be required."

Inquire to Steve.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: March 03, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »

((Don't really see how we can choose a team without a list... Or actually why we would bring less than the maximum.))

I suppose my character is just standing around fiddling with his thumbs, waiting for others to act.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 2101