_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729041 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13395 on: March 17, 2013, 02:15:22 am »

((And then dark hard science RTD with black humour elements became about MLP.))
((Even a dark hard science RTD with dark humour can use a touch of pony. I think it'd actually complement the day-to-day insanity pretty well.

I know, somebody must ask the Doctor for a pony! Give it wings, a horn, and built-in mass psy-amp. Perfect combat companion. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13396 on: March 17, 2013, 02:53:17 am »

((And then dark hard science RTD with black humour elements became about MLP.))
((Even a dark hard science RTD with dark humour can use a touch of pony. I think it'd actually complement the day-to-day insanity pretty well.

I know, somebody must ask the Doctor for a pony! Give it wings, a horn, and built-in mass psy-amp. Perfect combat companion. :P))

(Haven't ponies infected enough Goddamn things? :-\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: March 17, 2013, 03:05:36 am »

(Haven't ponies infected enough Goddamn things? :-\)
((If you ask me, then no. ;) Far worse things have permeated into far more things in the world.

I'm not sure why the word "infect" is used so often in regards to MLP. >_>

I'm also not sure why you would include ER in the list of "Goddamn things". :P))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13398 on: March 17, 2013, 03:17:31 am »

(The question was purely rhetorical. :P The word 'infect' is used because it's something most people don't want in their system/fiction (stand-in word for 'body' in this metaphor), but it gets in there anyway and continues to propagate, spreading to other communities. If you want to like MLP:FiM, go ahead and do so; you even have a link in your sig for a board just for fans of it. I'm not going to try to make you feel bad for what your tastes are, but respect for other people's opinions is a two way street. Ponies are not the point of this RTD and I don't think many of us would agree to having them for the sake of having them. Please don't try to shoehorn them in just because you like them.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: March 17, 2013, 03:48:51 am »

(("Go ahead and like them somewhere else" does seem a little odd, wouldn't you say? ;)
But anyway, yes. I know it's not the point of this RTD to have ponies in them. I'm not about to take a magic marker and draw cutie marks on everyone's behinds. :P

But you can't deny that having a biological flying mount with offensive capabilities (in all senses of "offensive") would be pretty neat. The Doctor might even agree. ^_^))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: March 17, 2013, 04:02:07 am »

(Technically you can't like/deeply discuss them here since Toady banned them. :P You really will have to go somewhere else for it.)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: March 17, 2013, 04:08:55 am »

((Eenope. Only banned from GD. ^_^

Can't deeply discuss and can't picturepost, but I wasn't planning either, so... :P

e: Actually, a cybernetic/synthflesh mecha mount with combat capabilities would be pretty in-character for Anton, since it's a)technologically complex, and b)surprisingly practical. I'll have to see about designing one when/if I get back to Tinker.))
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:15:23 am by Sean Mirrsen »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: March 17, 2013, 04:15:00 am »

(All right, I'll give you that one. I wasn't following it too deeply, but I was aware there was some drama going down up there in GD that resulted in some form of pony-banning. :P And to be fair, it's not just pony-specific crossovers I hate, it's crossovers in general. I just find them generally spectacularly lame and boring. I don't want to see, say, Master Chief and Doomguy team up any more than I do Goku and Superman fight it out. >.> Only good crossover is Smash Brothers/Melee, because it doesn't really have a plot. Brawl notwithstanding, as I haven't played it.)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:04 am »

((It's hardly a crossover if all I make is a cybermutant quadruped killing machine that just happens to be named Pinkie Pie.

"It's a codename, I swear!" :P))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: March 17, 2013, 07:05:29 am »

I personally oppose ponies.

A good Georgian Grande, perhaps.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: March 17, 2013, 07:25:26 am »

Jobasio, carefully lifting his rifle by the shoulder strap so as not to smear the wet paint, glanced askance at the unnaturally pale, unsettling figure that had another, rather uncomfortable-looking inmate bailed up nearby.
'Good grief. I suppose that's synthflesh... Must have become more popular in the time I spent in stasis.'

He shook his head and turned to walk over to an empty corner of the Rec room.

>Find an empty space of wall, open my undefined book to a random page and prop it up against said wall.

>Then take a few paces back, take out my throwing dart and throw it at the book. Inspect where it landed, pick out the nearest proper noun as the new name for my gauss rifle.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13406 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:47 am »

((I think I'll have Celeste try to make some kind of... well, mood-displaying device. You know those old "mood rings" or whatever that were popular a while back? Kind of like that, except more accurate. Reason is that Celeste's not so good at showing her emotions without being over the top with it, so she tends to just not bother. Reason for THAT is because I'm that way due to my autism.))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: March 17, 2013, 09:59:52 am »

(Join the club.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13408 on: March 17, 2013, 10:01:41 am »

((I think I'll have Celeste try to make some kind of... well, mood-displaying device. You know those old "mood rings" or whatever that were popular a while back? Kind of like that, except more accurate. Reason is that Celeste's not so good at showing her emotions without being over the top with it, so she tends to just not bother. Reason for THAT is because I'm that way due to my autism.))
((You can always modify one of those emoticon screens the cyborgs use to display only colours and fit it in your suit. I bet the AM will give you one for free ))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: March 17, 2013, 10:26:43 am »

Bruce didn't get the sarcasm.

It's an idea. He doesn't seem to like fights.

Start punching Bruce in the face until he complies.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 2101