_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733452 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #13965 on: April 14, 2013, 02:51:41 pm »

Punk Milk eh, smells alright.
Take a nice long drink.
You suddenly feel ready for some bloody horror show Ultra Violence.

Well then, time to experiment!

Summon up a magnetic field manipulator. Give it an impossibly large-scale task to execute, then neglectfully perform the calculations.
The VR machine gives an error to this, asserting that the effects of such an action are "Unable to be calculated."

See how much of synthflesh is identifiable "cells" and how much is outside or connecting structures.

Message Doctor.

Would regenerating my body restore those enhancements you made to me?

Also, tell me honestly. How easy is it to make someone immortal to old age?

The VR's information doesn't seem to go that in depth, and the internet isn't much better. Hm.

Yes.

With or without other effects?

Tap little girl in face. With Kinetic Amp.
[dex:2]
Wow.

Hmm.

Use my Microwave amp on his brain while running around making it look like I'm going to hit him.

Stay out of punching range.

[Dex:4-1]
[Jim dex:6]
[jim exo:2+1+1]
[Jim dex:3+1]
[jim str:6+1]
"Nope."
Jim flies forward at inhuman speed, propelled by his amps. Within a quarter of a second he's closed the distance and brings all four fists down on you in a combination overhead smash.

Needless to say, you lose in a very chunky way.

"Okay thanks, wait, I'm not hallucinating you or anything am I?"
Charles looks for Feyri in the barracks.

Charles Finds Feyri in the barracks.

Fire, then go after the next guy.
You whistle a jaunty tune while you mow down two more archers with a shot to the brain and one to the throat.

"Poor medieval bastards."

So, I need to get even better with the monoatomic sword and train my body? Yeah, I see that way is pretty good. Do you have any exercise in mind to start with?

Talk, always ready to avoid any incoming attack.
"Well, Gimp is always a good training partner, but really your best bet would be a mission. Nothing like true trial by fire to hone one's skills."

((No pressure.))

"Thanks, Ms. Feyri!"

Scurry to the VR room and look at all the programs. (See if that Wayback program has been added yet.)
(Not yet. It and some new things in the store will be added soon).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: April 14, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »

Okay then, input a reasonably large sort of task in the manipulator, then (when it asks me to solve them) input random and stupid combinations of words and letters in response.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: April 14, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »

Restart simulation. Same opponent.

Melt his shoulders, then his brain before he knows what's going on.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:43:17 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: April 14, 2013, 03:07:13 pm »

Facepunch her in the balls.

Then spawn 36 Ronald Reagan NPCs.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: April 14, 2013, 03:14:58 pm »

Go look for fight, wonder if I'll mutate from this genetically modified milk.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13970 on: April 14, 2013, 03:33:30 pm »

wonder if I'll mutate from this genetically modified milk.
((Probably not; genes don't work like that.))

Pull up the simulator and start adding random stuff. A couple dinosaurs, a spaceship, Mr. Jim, Ms. Feyri, and Ms. May, some rocks, a big laser cannon, some aliens....
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13971 on: April 14, 2013, 03:44:47 pm »

((Milk doesn't usually have a Mohawk either, and this is a radioactive strip joint...))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: April 14, 2013, 04:35:53 pm »

hmmmm...
ok, from your description i'm guessing the glove version would end up looking less like the nintendo power glove and more like the warhammer or fallout power fist?
unless...

test idea)
a backpack-style setup for the emitters. that should be a far more stable place to have them, and keeps me more weight-balanced, as well as allowing me to move my hands freely without moving the fireball with them.

test specific problem areas:
1)
identify which parts of the the suits have significant problems if i have the emitter's fields pass through them, which simply are disrupted but have no long-term effects, and which function normally.
2)
identify if there is danger to a human that stands between the emitters and the fireball itself, assuming the fireball is far enough away to not pose a burn risk.
3)
test power drain rates over distances, determine how close the fireball needs to stay for acceptable drain rates long-term, how close i can let it wander around short-term without issue, and at what point the power drain rate becomes exorbitantly high, such that i can probably only move the fireball out that far a couple times before the battery will be completely drained.

((hopefully these tests will put us on the same page, and let me finish the core design work and get more into finalization work (safeties, interfaces, etc)))
missed me, although i didn't use bold at the time i guess
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: April 14, 2013, 09:07:36 pm »

"I apologize in advance for my bluntness miss, but I'd like to ask you whether you are in love with a certain robotic member of the HMRC."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: April 15, 2013, 01:25:44 pm »

Quote from: Message to Doctor
Without.

Message Doctor (regarding immortality side effects).

Examine how long it takes biogel to repair synthflesh.

Experiment with trying to repair synthflesh in the field using various amps and manipulators, assuming a qualified user.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13975 on: April 15, 2013, 01:47:36 pm »

Okay then, input a reasonably large sort of task in the manipulator, then (when it asks me to solve them) input random and stupid combinations of words and letters in response.
(The point here is that the VR machine cannot calculate massive failings on the part of Amps and Manips because the nature of their failings and how they fail isn't know to it. If you just want the in character knowledge that spamming massive numbers in a manipulator is bad, you can consider yourself to have that. But if you're thinking of harnessing the overloads in some sort of controllable, predictable way, thats not gonna happen.  )

Restart simulation. Same opponent.

Melt his shoulders, then his brain before he knows what's going on.

Do you want to start it so he's unaware of you, at least in the beginning? Because I can pretty much tell you that when it comes to you vs jim, if he wins the dex roll to go first you're probably dead.

Facepunch her in the balls.

Then spawn 36 Ronald Reagan NPCs.

(You don't have control of spawning things in this game, you H-h-hacker.)
The game kicks you out with the message:

"Try again when you are less terrible"

Go look for fight, wonder if I'll mutate from this genetically modified milk.
Well, there are plenty of things to fight around here. Hell, there are plenty of species of things to fight around here. You want to fight a giant bug, a genetically engineered cow man, an energy being or a robo-prostitute?

Pull up the simulator and start adding random stuff. A couple dinosaurs, a spaceship, Mr. Jim, Ms. Feyri, and Ms. May, some rocks, a big laser cannon, some aliens....

May consider setting the AI's aggression to zero. Otherwise this is gonna turn into a very random gladiator match between Jim, feyri and may vs aliens and dinosaurs.

hmmmm...
ok, from your description i'm guessing the glove version would end up looking less like the nintendo power glove and more like the warhammer or fallout power fist?
unless...

test idea)
a backpack-style setup for the emitters. that should be a far more stable place to have them, and keeps me more weight-balanced, as well as allowing me to move my hands freely without moving the fireball with them.

test specific problem areas:
1)
identify which parts of the the suits have significant problems if i have the emitter's fields pass through them, which simply are disrupted but have no long-term effects, and which function normally.
2)
identify if there is danger to a human that stands between the emitters and the fireball itself, assuming the fireball is far enough away to not pose a burn risk.
3)
test power drain rates over distances, determine how close the fireball needs to stay for acceptable drain rates long-term, how close i can let it wander around short-term without issue, and at what point the power drain rate becomes exorbitantly high, such that i can probably only move the fireball out that far a couple times before the battery will be completely drained.

((hopefully these tests will put us on the same page, and let me finish the core design work and get more into finalization work (safeties, interfaces, etc)))
missed me, although i didn't use bold at the time i guess
sorry about that.

Yeah, the glove would be pretty big.  Even bigger if you want the power supply in it rather then on your back or something.

Anything electronic and not shielded might get fucked up, though not permanently.

2.Nah. Magnetic fields of this magnitude won't hurt anyone.  Well, unless they're a robot.

3. Oh, foot or two shouldn't take too much energy. Anything beyond that though and it's gonna go up exponentially.

Quote from: Message to Doctor
Without.

Message Doctor (regarding immortality side effects).

Examine how long it takes biogel to repair synthflesh.

Experiment with trying to repair synthflesh in the field using various amps and manipulators, assuming a qualified user.

Fairly. Needs to be constantly renewed over the years because the body will degrade naturally. Expensive process, reserved for the very rich, usually. But death inevitably finds them; accident usually. Sometimes assassination.

Not long.

And Nope. Just nope. Not unless you use an amp to create a synth-flesh chemical bath and then properly power and manipulate it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: April 15, 2013, 01:50:59 pm »

Yes.

Melt brain while he's unaware.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: April 15, 2013, 02:25:34 pm »

Start up the Duel simulator.

Fight against a bunch of historical figures that Piecewise likes in an environment Piecewise also likes.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: April 15, 2013, 02:56:58 pm »

Punch the energy being, nothing will go wrong!
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: April 15, 2013, 03:14:10 pm »

"Hm, what to do now."

Exit VR. Boogie over to Armory. Ask more questions of Sandy.

"Hey, Sandy, I found out what happens when you overload a microwave space calculator. Looks like it'd be pretty useful in certain circumstances. But I did have a question - what happens if I overload a magnetic space calculator? Is it as impressive-looking, except with lightning, or is it invisible, but still very deadly? And what about a vector space calculator?"
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 2101