_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733470 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14025 on: April 18, 2013, 03:33:43 pm »

((I believe that ghosts ships are banks of human brains connected and coordinated by some kind of system while wetware AIs are computers built out of organic matter that has been repurposed. I guess we'll find out if mission a team manages to survive long enough. Alternatively, someone can ask Steve or the internet about this.

Anyway, there are two easy ways to find out if amps/manipulators work without humans: ask the Doc to build you an auto manipulator equivalent by combining a computer, an amp and a non-human brain or open a manipulator and see what's inside (mission b team probably has the best opportunity for this, especially our resident pirate).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:37:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14026 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:27 pm »

((Or just ask about an autoamp discount if you bring your own brain.  Didn't the Doc want one for testing purposes?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14027 on: April 18, 2013, 03:58:47 pm »

((Or just ask about an autoamp discount if you bring your own brain.  Didn't the Doc want one for testing purposes?))
(( >.> that will only work in theory, not in practice. if they were going to accept that discount they'd have to acknowledge how automanips work, which will never happen. also, since all the doc needs to revive someone is a working brain, any brains you capture of noncombatants or friendlies will be taken and revived, and any you capture of hostiles will be taken, revived, and interrogated.

now then, if brains are worth something on their own, then your idea could sorta-work. they would simply give you more tokens directly, rather than a discount on automanips, which means they dont have to admit how they work, which makes it a possibility.

or you could just open up a manipulator and watch everyone else laugh as your brain explodes.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14028 on: April 18, 2013, 04:01:46 pm »

Im a space pirate, I have a space ship, return and look for sweet loot.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14029 on: April 18, 2013, 04:03:52 pm »

...exit Tinker. Enter Punch Many Things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14030 on: April 18, 2013, 04:56:42 pm »

((Point. Although it looks like VR is the most popular such thing.))

Look at Poacher.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14031 on: April 18, 2013, 05:31:25 pm »

Uhh... Milno for the spotter. Then repeat action.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14032 on: April 18, 2013, 09:14:58 pm »

Exit VR. Go curl up with people on the couch watching TV.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14033 on: April 18, 2013, 09:31:40 pm »

((waiting on Feyri))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14034 on: April 19, 2013, 02:37:42 am »

((Sorry Empiricist!!!!!

Sorry Lenglon!!!!D:))

Feyri was busy on her bed, lying down against the wall and tapping heartily to her thought's content as she detailed the previous missions including certain personal mentions regarding the rest. Sure, Steve would see this soon, but not that soon.

The loneliness was pretty much a tranquil p-
"I apologize in advance for my bluntness miss, but I'd like to ask you whether you are in love with a certain robotic member of the HMRC."
Jim? Just say no. There are other robots. Who's asking anyway? Where did that rumor come from and who is this person and just say no!
"Yea-" NO "-yes. A certain member." Enough with lies...

Feyri glanced at Charles' nametag from his suit as she reclined on the bed. "Hello Charles, I don't believe we've met before. Is there anything I could do for you - other than me asking where you've gotten that idea?"

Granted, a bit over to his left (well, my right), was a nice woman going by the name of Lyra. No, she couldn't have...but she was technically there and my locket is technically visible.

"Hey there," she said to Lyra, "Is he a friend of yours?"

Must try to get that communicator for her...though she does look nice without i- what am I saying. She's nice even if she doesn't want to communicate..

"And...there are still free beds here if any of you would want to bunk in. Nearly nobody else uses the beds here. I checked."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14035 on: April 19, 2013, 03:08:25 am »

Turn to look at Charles, then look back at Feyri. Close my eyes, slowly shake my head horizontally three times, but only slightly, then reopen them again.
"And...there are still free beds here if any of you would want to bunk in. Nearly nobody else uses the beds here. I checked."
Shrug once, then sit down on the bed behind me.
look at Charles again, starting at head height, then down to his feet, then back up to his head again, the entire looking process taking a period of one second. afterwards go back to looking at Feyri, and lean backwards some, bracing myself against the bed using my hands, such that my arms form an upside down V shape, with the palms of my hands flat against the top of the bed that i'm sitting on. tilt my head slightly sideways again, to my right this time, by roughly 15 degrees.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14036 on: April 19, 2013, 03:36:44 am »

Turn to look at Charles, then look back at Feyri. Close my eyes, slowly shake my head horizontally three times, but only slightly, then reopen them again.
Shrug once, then sit down on the bed behind me.
look at Charles again, starting at head height, then down to his feet, then back up to his head again, the entire looking process taking a period of one second. afterwards go back to looking at Feyri, and lean backwards some, bracing myself against the bed using my hands, such that my arms form an upside down V shape, with the palms of my hands flat against the top of the bed that i'm sitting on. tilt my head slightly sideways again, to my right this time, by roughly 15 degrees.
((I'm sorry, but for some reason Lyra's action descriptions make her seem like a robot. To quote Bender, "Y'know... left, down, rotate sixty-two degrees, engage rotor.". I know it's (probably) not the intent, and it's hard to meaningfully describe actions without such detail sometimes, but it just looks that way to me.. >_>))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14037 on: April 19, 2013, 03:49:42 am »

((normal descriptions convey the thought process or intent of the person described, either directly or indirectly. i'm trying to avoid doing that, and the only real exceptions i'm allowing myself is when i'm using a bunch of if-then statements. but yeah, the result is kinda mechanical. i'm just not sure how to avoid that without compromising the way i'm trying to hide her thoughts... although choosing to write in first person didn't help much. there's good reasons most people write in third person.))

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #14038 on: April 19, 2013, 10:42:24 am »

((PW: I can't find your answer to how much armor the Scout Eye could be given without hampering its movement speed substantially.))

A thought occurs to Celeste. "Hmm... Could the Scout Eye perhaps be used for other things if properly equipped?"
Pull up the Scout Eye specs. In addition, pull up 3D models of the Scout Eye, the laser from a hand laser, a coagulant booster capsule, a cutting torch, and the medicine injection port from a suit. Attempt to find spots on the Scout Eye where the following items could be attached without obscuring its vision or hampering its movement (not all at once, of course; one spot for one item, to be used with one Scout Eye):
-The hand laser.
-A slot or container, similar to the slot that a medicine capsule is inserted into on a suit, in which a medicine capsule can be carried and dispensed from.
-A cutting torch.

((I may not be able to have pokemon, but dammit I'm going to have something working at my beck and call!))
Making yourself a drone eh? Well, I can tell you that it can't really be armored if you attach all this stuff to it; unless of course you increase the force of it's thrusters. But your plans of a cutting, med dispensing, weak laser firing drone work fine. Easily even.
((That's why I clarified that it would be one of the following per drone. So, let me re-phrase: Would adding armor and any one of the above listed be possible?))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14039 on: April 19, 2013, 11:13:50 am »

i'm just not sure how to avoid that without compromising the way i'm trying to hide her thoughts...
((Well, not sure. Going to partly adapt an excerpt of your writing to the standard thing just in case for comparison's sake.))
Quote from: Current
Quote from: Adapted
Lyra turns to look at Charles, then looks back at Feyri. She closes her eyes and slowly shakes her head horizontally three times, but only slightly, before reopening them again.
((I don't think the second one gives away her thoughts or feelings, though that may be the fact I'm used to that style.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 2101