_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5734111 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14040 on: April 19, 2013, 03:18:07 pm »

i'm just not sure how to avoid that without compromising the way i'm trying to hide her thoughts...
((Well, not sure. Going to partly adapt an excerpt of your writing to the standard thing just in case for comparison's sake.))
Quote from: Current
Turn to look at Charles, then look back at Feyri. Close my eyes, slowly shake my head horizontally three times, but only slightly, then reopen them again.
Quote from: Adapted
Lyra turns to look at Charles, then looks back at Feyri. She closes her eyes and slowly shakes her head horizontally three times, but only slightly, before reopening them again.
((I don't think the second one gives away her thoughts or feelings, though that may be the fact I'm used to that style.))
((yeah, but all you've done is change it from first person to third person. the real offender is:))
look at Charles again, starting at head height, then down to his feet, then back up to his head again, the entire looking process taking a period of one second. afterwards go back to looking at Feyri, and lean backwards some, bracing myself against the bed using my hands, such that my arms form an upside down V shape, with the palms of my hands flat against the top of the bed that i'm sitting on. tilt my head slightly sideways again, to my right this time, by roughly 15 degrees.
((in that quote, each of those actions would normally be handled with only a few words, basically an action and a descriptive word adding style to the action. the problem is those descriptive words imply the thought or meaning of the action, so i can't use them.

but yeah, if my writing in first person for her is bothering folks, i can always change that to third. I'm mostly using first person because i used first person for my first two or three posts without thinking about it, and have simply been maintaining consistency since then.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:23:44 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14041 on: April 19, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »

((I like your writing style. It makes Lyra...different, you know? Everyone needs a schtick. Grate's is that he's a kid with a minimal attention span.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14042 on: April 19, 2013, 04:15:49 pm »

((Your style doesn't bother me, at least. I tend to see first person as a bit strange but that's about it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14043 on: April 19, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »

((I agree with the above. I like your style. Makes most of the posts you make a fun little puzzle. Wouldn't want to see you change it.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14044 on: April 19, 2013, 06:28:13 pm »

Think of a good song to sing while watching topless book burning. Enjoy watching topless book burning. Create detailed description of what topless book burning entails, exactly. Who's topless, what books are burned, where does it happen and, of course, the ever-elusive "why"?
It appears to be topless women engaging in the act of book burning. As far as you can tell, it seems to be an attempt by a rather tyrannical religious group to convince the youth that book burning is not only acceptable, but cool and sexy.

Luckily the books they're burning look to be nothing but harlequin romances.

"And nothing of value was lost"

Is there a universal one? And what are the base prices to have one of those?

Ask.
"You could afford a Avatar of War before you could buy a universal automanip like that. "

Im a space pirate, I have a space ship, return and look for sweet loot.
You head back to your ship, into your captain's cabin and begin playing on your sweet lute.

That's a joke, son.
...exit Tinker. Enter Punch Many Things.
You enter punch many things and are placed up against the dreaded first round challenger:

The little girl

(Did you know that Jim once lost a fight to the little girl?)

((Point. Although it looks like VR is the most popular such thing.))

Look at Poacher.

Poacher is a game about hunting genetically altered humans in a time before the altered wars. Alternatively, you can play as one of the altered humans and try to escape.

Uhh... Milno for the spotter. Then repeat action.
Milno points out the targets quite well, if very sarcastically.

"Theres a guy with a rocket launcher over there. Might be a good target if you like not being peppered with shrapnel. Your choice though."

Exit VR. Go curl up with people on the couch watching TV.
You leave the vr and curl up on the back of the couch like some sort of nymphomaniac cat.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14045 on: April 19, 2013, 06:32:26 pm »

(Did I? I thought I asked to skip it because Jim didn't want to hit the girl.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14046 on: April 19, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »

((That counts as loss, I guess.))

"Aw, I don't wanna play that. I wonder if there's anything on TV."

See if I can find a TV.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14047 on: April 19, 2013, 06:41:36 pm »

I surmise I am intended to injure you. Very well.

Set her hair on fire and punch her in the stomach while she's distracted.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14048 on: April 19, 2013, 09:32:20 pm »

((She also ripped Lars's eyes out of his sockets.  You have been warned.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14049 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:20 pm »

((Hm...if TV is boring maybe I'll try that game.))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14050 on: April 20, 2013, 12:12:15 am »

"Well that's definitely a problem for me now..." Charles grimaced. "I occasionally hallucinate things, that's why I was sent here, though by now I've learned how to differentiate most of my delusions from reality. I recently hallucinated a talking sheep that told me this. It told me that you were sent here on the charge of jaywalking and in some sort of relationship with a robotic inmate. It also told me about another inmate under the name of Bishop, who also saw the exact same talking sheep, I verified this with the Doctor.
The Sheep also said something about the Doctor and the Armory Master not being fully human, though I'm reluctant to verify that."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14051 on: April 20, 2013, 12:26:43 am »

"Well that's definitely a problem for me now..." Charles grimaced. "I occasionally hallucinate things, that's why I was sent here, though by now I've learned how to differentiate most of my delusions from reality. I recently hallucinated a talking sheep that told me this. It told me that you were sent here on the charge of jaywalking and in some sort of relationship with a robotic inmate. It also told me about another inmate under the name of Bishop, who also saw the exact same talking sheep, I verified this with the Doctor.
The Sheep also said something about the Doctor and the Armory Master not being fully human, though I'm reluctant to verify that."

look over Charles' right shoulder while he speaks, then go back to looking at Feyri's left hand.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14052 on: April 20, 2013, 12:58:05 am »

Change the channel to something more educational. Delight in the edutainment revolution.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14053 on: April 20, 2013, 05:36:07 am »

...Anomaly?

Either they keep sheep on this place, the Doc has created something from...flesh, again...or this is some very weird mental entity as two people saw it.

"Ok...That's not what I expected for any introduction, really. But as you seem. . .-excuse the context-, 'sane', I guess you're meeting something which telepathic powers? If another person has seen the exact same thing, then there's really room for doubt.

"Oh, and the Armory Master has amps, last I heard. I'm unsure if you mean human in the physical sense, as being 'human' could mean a lot more - philosophically and morally."

Feyri turned towards Lyra and gave her a smile, seeing the woman looking at her hand. Or probably the datapad?

"So he's not your friend, huh. Why're you here? I've thought about trying to get you something for your communication skills by the way, if you wanted it. Something that could vocalize your thoughts without hurting you. Like an external psychic amplifier...or something."

Looking back at Charles, she reached out to him and tapped him on the nose. "You aren't hallucinating."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14054 on: April 20, 2013, 06:04:09 am »

"Errr... Thanks. I sometimes can't tell whether I am or not and end up denying the truth, it took me a while just to realize that Steve wasn't a random voice I kept hearing in my head."
Charles seemed a bit flustered, perhaps until Feyri tapped him, part of him held on to the idea that this could all be a hallucination, that he would snap back to reality in his office and then seek help and that the blood of another man was never on his hands. And yet now, without a doubt, the verisimilitude that allowed those thoughts to stir has been shattered. This is reality. For better or worse his vision might be something far more real and perhaps more eldritch than he could have fathomed.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 2101