_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732536 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15225 on: July 14, 2013, 06:55:38 pm »

(Best kind of gift. :P Happy belated Birthday anyway, Cael. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15226 on: July 14, 2013, 07:12:42 pm »

((Happy Birthday to you,
Sorry 'bout the flu.
Happy Birthday, Ca-el-laaath...
Hope Endra-si sur-viiiives....))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15227 on: July 14, 2013, 07:58:37 pm »

((Thanks. Hoping at least the fever breaks never to come back sooner rather than later.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15228 on: July 14, 2013, 08:27:36 pm »

((Happy Birthday Caellath :D))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15229 on: July 15, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

((I'm basing my guess in part on what you said and in part on a review I read yesterday. In part on the previews and the audience I suspect they're trying to get, or more specifically how the plots of those movies tend to be.))
Yeah, it's a giant monster movie alright. Not terribly smart, but it has some cool ideas (like how they build apartment complexes in the left over bones of the monsters or how some people become Kaiju groupies or how the robot pilots become big stars.) and great action. I was actually talking with someone yesterday about how it could be turned into an RPG.

"So premonitions are right out then?" If that was the case, then that meant there was no such thing as free will and choice. The whole of reality was predetermined. What use would a premonition be if there was no chance to avoid or change what was going to happen?
"Of course you could change it. Question would be if you want to. And Premonitions I suppose we could do. But you know how they go; come when you don't want them, never show up when you really need them."

The man looks up from is drink and taps just beneath his nose.

"You may want to decide quickly; I'm not sure how long you have left here."

You reach up and find blood  dripping from your nose.

(Kaiju!)

Launch the kick

(I would think the bar for crazy would be higher here than the standard one.  After all, I've never lifted a giant elevator full of soldiers with my rocket-packs, while fleeing an alien Von Neumann monstrosity.)
[dex:2+1]
[lg dex:3]
Your kick goes exactly how you thought it would go...except much slower and more awkward. The little girl manages to step over your foot and attempts to stomp on your knee, but catches it poorly and goes stumbling back while you fall on your butt.

It's like a ballet. A ballet for drunks who just watched too many jackie chan movies.

Continue waiting. Drop back into the tower, listen for shots.
You drop back in and wait. And wait. And continue waiting; listening for anything.

Finally, you do hear something. A metallic twang of something hitting the wall of the tower down below, on the first level.

Enter the VR, set up a random duel.

You end up in a duel vs a semi-truck with a nailbat taped to the front. You're armed with a rubber Tuna. The arena is the roof of the Sistine chapel.

((Recently had my birthday, got the flu as my gift. Yey.))

Couldn't have been too easy.

Keeping walking towards the entrance the voices are coming from, noting any change in their tone or any noise accusing movement.
(Sorry to hear that Cael, old buddy. Hope you get well soon.)

You continue down the hall, tracing the tight metal pathway until you come across the source. It's two maintenance men, standing near an open panel,  discussing how best to fix a damaged circuit while also complaining about the length of their shift.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15230 on: July 15, 2013, 11:30:48 am »

((Get well soon, Cael.))

I asked for that, didn't I?

Assuming I have my amp, scorch the fuel tank. Otherwise, back up to the edge of the roof, wait for the truck to come, and jump out of the way when it has build up too much momentum to brake/swerve, or earlier if it would overrun me.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15231 on: July 15, 2013, 01:28:21 pm »

"...I don't have enough time to decide, then. Any chance I can get back here and talk further on this later?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15232 on: July 15, 2013, 03:08:06 pm »

((I'm basing my guess in part on what you said and in part on a review I read yesterday. In part on the previews and the audience I suspect they're trying to get, or more specifically how the plots of those movies tend to be.))
Yeah, it's a giant monster movie alright. Not terribly smart, but it has some cool ideas (like how they build apartment complexes in the left over bones of the monsters or how some people become Kaiju groupies or how the robot pilots become big stars.) and great action. I was actually talking with someone yesterday about how it could be turned into an RPG.
((Hm, that intrigues me...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15233 on: July 15, 2013, 05:09:05 pm »

(good thing I went for the +1, that would have been more embarassing.)

Hmm.  She's not slow, but I know I should be stronger.

Get in close and try wrestle her to the ground

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15234 on: July 16, 2013, 01:09:27 am »

((FTFY by bolding a much more relevant part. ;) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15235 on: July 16, 2013, 07:32:55 am »

((You want to make it an RPG? Go ahead.))
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15236 on: July 16, 2013, 10:35:32 am »

((Get well soon, Cael.))

I asked for that, didn't I?

Assuming I have my amp, scorch the fuel tank. Otherwise, back up to the edge of the roof, wait for the truck to come, and jump out of the way when it has build up too much momentum to brake/swerve, or earlier if it would overrun me.
[exo:1]
Your head feels like its on fire and you hear a strange popping noise. And then a flare of white hot light explodes out of under your left foot and spears up through your leg and arm, practically evaporating them and charring the entire right side of your body.
[end:5]
You don't even fall over. You just waver there a bit but stay standing and defiant as the truck charges in toward you.
[Dex:5-2 (gimped)]
You manage to just barely avoid being hit full on by the truck by half jumping, half falling to the side. It still manages to run over your leg though, and reduce everything from the shin down into a pulpy mess.

"...I don't have enough time to decide, then. Any chance I can get back here and talk further on this later?"
The man shrugs, "Maybe. Maybe.." His voice grows faint and the world fades to white. You blink your eyes and you find yourself staring at the inside of the VR goggles. The words "SLEEP MODE" splayed across their display.

(good thing I went for the +1, that would have been more embarassing.)

Hmm.  She's not slow, but I know I should be stronger.

Get in close and try wrestle her to the ground
[str:4]
[lg str:5]
You charge forward and grab her by the throat, trying to slam her to the ground. You almost have her too, you can feel her balance failing, when she grabs you by the wrist and judo flips you onto your back.

Yeah, they visit an area called the bone district where all the buildings are built on and around the ribcage of one of the giant creatures. And ron pearlman plays a shady hong kong business man who scavenges the dead bodies and sells their parts for various dubious medical reasons.

((FTFY by bolding a much more relevant part. ;) ))
Yeah, mostly it was talking about how to make having the machine piloted by two neurologically linked people be fun. Bonuses based on how similar their individual actions are, for instance.  And me in particular about a system for making Kaiju. I figured something like preset stats for each category and then a certain number of points to spend on adding powers, boosting stats, changing physiology, that sort of thing. Easier to balance and still allowing for lots of new challenges. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15237 on: July 16, 2013, 10:46:21 am »

Jim exits the VR for now.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15238 on: July 16, 2013, 01:23:56 pm »

"%&$%§$&§$$$§%/$%&%%$&/$!"

Last ditch effort to try and scorch that fuel tank again.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15239 on: July 16, 2013, 01:26:56 pm »

(Hey, piecewise, care to check that document you had of everyone's characters? I checked the link you gave earlier, and it's not functional.)
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 2101