_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5720581 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16620 on: September 04, 2013, 06:38:34 pm »

((I wanna go visit the doctor but i cant find a valid IC reason to negate the fact that he killed my last character who i then proceded to make a brother for so i could steal his bat helmet.))
((What IC reason does your current character have to care about that guy?))

((What do you think id end up being if i walked up to the doctor and volunteered for experimentation provided he obeyed these requirements:
humanoid, fits inside exosuit, painkiller+coagulant booster venom, wall climbing ability.))
((First thing that springs to mind is Newter from Worm, but that's probably being optimistic. You'd probably be lucky to look like Gregor.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16621 on: September 04, 2013, 06:39:27 pm »

DOOOOO EEEEEET, hemigth just say "Boring, done before" and turn you away though
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16622 on: September 04, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »

((I wanna go visit the doctor but i cant find a valid IC reason to negate the fact that he killed my last character who i then proceded to make a brother for so i could steal his bat helmet.))
((What IC reason does your current character have to care about that guy?))
who i then proceded to make a brother for so i could steal his bat helmet.))

*cough*

((What do you think id end up being if i walked up to the doctor and volunteered for experimentation provided he obeyed these requirements:
humanoid, fits inside exosuit, painkiller+coagulant booster venom, wall climbing ability.))
((First thing that springs to mind is Newter from Worm, but that's probably being optimistic. You'd probably be lucky to look like Gregor.))
also who?

((So yeah, like a larger combi-weapon version of the red hand, done by Denzel. I would go for the Chimera, but I don't really have the IC knowledge for it, let alone knowing that it exists.))
if enough people add their creations to the documents in my signature ill make an in character version of the tinker repository on the vr machines and then stick posters on them all informing people of its existence.
ideally id also like to include the unlisted items such as the civic defender gear and changeling mask.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:49:05 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16623 on: September 04, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »

((@ Irony: thanks for uploading your suuper-seekrit mission, it was a good read.))

((@ Paris & Pariah: as long as I'm able to work out what exactly I want before the mission starts, then I think we have a pretty good deal here. A 'triple player gear up' is indeed very nice.
However Paris, seeing how Gilgamesh is about 25 tokens worth of equipment, I was hoping to sell it for 17 total. You'd still be saving 8 tokens, and if you want I could list the stuff a battlesuit has (that I know of of course). But again, you can pay me the rest later, so here is what I propose: You give me 12 tokens now, and 5 after this mission. Does this sound fair to you? ))

((@ sean: I'm selling a laser rifle for 1 token, 27/30 battery, and a Mining laser (basically cutting laser) for 5. You can pay me after your next mission if you're short on tokens.))

((By the way, I think I'm gonna call this mission 'Operation Green Dawn'. Sounds kinda cool I think. But then again, I have a major hard on for pointless titles, acronyms and callsigns/nicknames. ))

It means that regardless of what your roll was, it will make it a 5.

((Wait, does this mean it would also boost roll totals lower than 5 to 5? Because the way this is worded, it seems one could have a penalty to something and still get a 5. That's probably not what you meant, but still, I'd like to check.

Another question regarding decomps: is there one for dex? If yes, am I correct that when you and someone else try to shoot each other, you roll for dex, and then the highest number wins? Because if so, then having the dex decomp would place you at a disadvantage against someone with a similar bonus to rolls but without the total always lowered to 5))

Actions (More like research at this point):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:18:11 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16624 on: September 04, 2013, 06:57:02 pm »

((My Shockwave Cannon thing is too bulky to use right now, I will come back to it later(Probably once i Get a mkIII), so I have no costings for it. Right now I am thinking of a program that can finish off Manipulator equations, once you simplify them enough, in other words, hopefully reducing the mind point cost))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16625 on: September 04, 2013, 07:01:08 pm »

((Ah. I mis...something'd that.))

((And thanks for giving me the excuse to drop a link to my favorite web serial. Short version of what's relevant: Gregor the Snail and Newter are a couple of monstrous parahumans who work as mercenaries under Faultline. Newter has a variety of powers, including hallucinogenic/sedative bodily fluids, wall-crawling, and a prehensile tail; Gregor is big, fat, tough, and can project various kinds of fluids from his hands and stuff.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: September 04, 2013, 07:08:02 pm »

((My Shockwave Cannon thing is too bulky to use right now, I will come back to it later(Probably once i Get a mkIII), so I have no costings for it. Right now I am thinking of a program that can finish off Manipulator equations, once you simplify them enough, in other words, hopefully reducing the mind point cost))
estimates are perfectly acceptable on both cost and range, just remember to put a ~ to denote that it should be around that point.

Id say your shockwave generator would be ~4 tokens maybe 5.
3 for the amp, 1 for a gauss rifle to butcher and maybe 1 for the nosecone, although there's a chance you could just make the nosecone out of the gauss rifles frame, they'd have to be made of something pretty sturdy to handle the recoil.
as for its range... probably something like melee+1, short+0, medium-1, long N/A with maybe an additional +1 or +2 to melee if you take off the nosecone and use the amp directly.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: September 04, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »

i was hoping for a picture of them :(
((Yeah, they're not major characters. Sorry about the lack of visuals. I'm rereading it, when I come across where they're first described I'll try to remember to link it.))

i did find this though, do you think the doctor would breed/sell me a tame one?
((Um, unlikely. Especially if you wanted the powers coming with that guy.))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16628 on: September 04, 2013, 07:22:32 pm »

i did find this though, do you think the doctor would breed/sell me a tame one?
((Um, unlikely. Especially if you wanted the powers coming with that guy.))
((nah i just wanted to set up a raging flesh-beast cavalry division, surely the doctor would be on board with that... wait what powers?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16629 on: September 04, 2013, 07:29:00 pm »

((Crawler started out as a normal guy with powerful regeneration and some level of psycho- or sociopathy, and perhaps masochism...so not so normal. Whenever he gets hurt, he regenerates a bit tougher to whatever killed him, as well as developing some neat features like extra limbs and acidic spittle over time. By the time he shows up in the story, he's about the size of a good-sized car and easily in the top 10 toughest beings on the planet even discounting regeneration.))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16630 on: September 04, 2013, 07:49:34 pm »

((well ill be damned, i just thought it was some sort of standard genetic abomination/eldritch monstrosity.

still, all i desire for my cavalry mount is the acid spittle, brute strength and fibroblast enhancement therapy style healing.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16631 on: September 04, 2013, 07:55:44 pm »

((well ill be damned, i just thought it was some sort of standard genetic abomination/eldritch monstrosity.))
((Worm doesn't roll that way. Closest thing to a genetic abomination is what Bonesaw or Blasto makes--more akin to movie Frankenstein's monsters and alright-they-fit-well respectively; closest to eldritch monstrosities are the Endbringers.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: September 04, 2013, 09:07:07 pm »

Thinking back, Denzel thought of that one weapon that was like a taser fused with a laser. He had always thought it was an interesting concept, and now that he had the opportunity to make something like it... Hmm...

Plan out a design that allows an over-under configuration for the gauss rifle and laser, with a fire selection switch available to select which of the modes to use. Then, figure out how to set up an arc-gap using the generator without compromising the power of the laser. If the generator is too weak for the electrolaser without compromising the power of the laser portion, add another generator.

((So yeah, like a larger combi-weapon version of the red hand, done by Denzel. I would go for the Chimera, but I don't really have the IC knowledge for it, let alone knowing that it exists.))
((If you've been reading my design experiments, I already tried this. The result is less a rifle, and more a handheld mortar cannon, size- and weight-wise - the generator required to run the laser and the spark gap would be too big for any reasonably compact weapon - and that's without a gauss rifle added in on top of that. The generator for the Red Hand had to undergo some surgery to bring it up in power, and I suspect it's still making for a rather bulky gauntlet.

Now that I think of it, I should probably make my designs public at some point. The Gungnir-M is pretty much already what you're looking for. Maybe Steve will key you in on it.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16633 on: September 04, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

Thinking back, Denzel thought of that one weapon that was like a taser fused with a laser. He had always thought it was an interesting concept, and now that he had the opportunity to make something like it... Hmm...

Plan out a design that allows an over-under configuration for the gauss rifle and laser, with a fire selection switch available to select which of the modes to use. Then, figure out how to set up an arc-gap using the generator without compromising the power of the laser. If the generator is too weak for the electrolaser without compromising the power of the laser portion, add another generator.

((If you've been reading my design experiments, I already tried this. The result is less a rifle, and more a handheld mortar cannon, size- and weight-wise - the generator required to run the laser and the spark gap would be too big for any reasonably compact weapon - and that's without a gauss rifle added in on top of that. The generator for the Red Hand had to undergo some surgery to bring it up in power, and I suspect it's still making for a rather bulky gauntlet.

Now that I think of it, I should probably make my designs public at some point. The Gungnir-M is pretty much already what you're looking for. Maybe Steve will key you in on it.))
((Yeah, I would go for the chimera, but I have no IC knowledge, so... yeah.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16634 on: September 04, 2013, 10:05:11 pm »

((hmm... im actually rather tempted to ask for doc to make me into crawler, id get a fairly decent strength and endurance bonus, his body shape would allow for an auxiliary weapons platform to fire in nearly every direction, doc could easily put a stinger on the tongue to inject the painkiller+coagulant venom whilst allowing me to still use the jaws to thoroughly murder people and crawler has his arms at the front so i could conceivably still practice medicine...

aside from the fact i wouldn't be able to wear an exo-suit or battlesuit it seems almost perfect for a heavy weapons medic.
plus we could play Dino-riders or re-enact pacific rim :D))

Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 2101