_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1111 1112 [1113] 1114 1115 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686268 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16680 on: September 05, 2013, 12:53:45 pm »

"No, that's about it. It didn't mention employer or more information about you... I tried to see if I could will myself into contacting it, but I just ended up seeing something really weird, or perhaps it was just another delusion."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16681 on: September 05, 2013, 01:11:38 pm »

"Ok, what else did you see and hear? Anything interesting?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16682 on: September 05, 2013, 01:21:31 pm »

"It said to me that Doctor and the AM... it said something about them not being fully human and that they shouldn't even be alive..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16683 on: September 05, 2013, 01:57:57 pm »

Ask what sort of vehicles apart from the ones listed are available for purchase then as what unlisted weapons are available.
Lots of stuff, really. You could get a 1934 Streamlined Henderson motorcycle if you wanted. Was there anything in particular you were looking for?
Retroactively pick up banjo for demonstration.  Or just pick one up, then give demo.

((I'M BEING USEFUL!))
You wanna buy a banjo? I'm just checking. I mean, I'm not complaining. I think It would be pretty neat to bring a banjo on missions, play it round the burning corpses and such.

((Whooo.. Thanks.))

Head to the VR room and enter VR then test out my new amp on first an unarmed and unarmored target then move on to more difficult ones seeing how powerful it is.

How would you like to test it? Those amps require a degree of input. Do you want to set them on fire, melt their head, freeze their heart, solidify the air around their head, etc.

"How totally excellent, oh yes!"

Crack that capsule open to get at deliciously deadly surprise within.

Also, check ammo on sawed-off gauss rifle.

4/5 rounds left.

Inside is a little black machine about the size of your fist. It's got a hole on the top and a hole on the bottom and an lcd screen displaying the words "Input material".

Ask what sort of vehicles apart from the ones listed are available for purchase then as what unlisted weapons are available.
Lots of stuff, really. You could get a 1934 Streamlined Henderson motorcycle if you wanted. Was there anything in particular you were looking for?
Retroactively pick up banjo for demonstration.  Or just pick one up, then give demo.

((I'M BEING USEFUL!))
You wanna buy a banjo? I'm just checking. I mean, I'm not complaining. I think It would be pretty neat to bring a banjo on missions, play it round the burning corpses and such.

((Whooo.. Thanks.))

Head to the VR room and enter VR then test out my new amp on first an unarmed and unarmored target then move on to more difficult ones seeing how powerful it is.

How would you like to test it? Those amps require a degree of input. Do you want to set them on fire, melt their head, freeze their heart, solidify the air around their head, etc.

4/5 rounds left.

Inside is a little black machine about the size of your fist. It's got a hole on the top and a hole on the bottom and an lcd screen displaying the words "Input material".

As per what you have, exactly what did you bring with you beside the suit?
It was a guarding mission, so I brought the shield and Gauss Rifle, having stowed away my personal items on-ship, as well as the Tesla Sabre. Everything else which was in orange was brought along.

(Aw crud. You had to specify a robot?! in Lenglon's post?! D:

...Why. :/
:\
..Ok time to be creative. And..and I moved away from the infirmary since then as last action but..ok fine let's retcon back there.)
* Tiruin flails.

"Dying to friendly misfire which I should've stopped was not a good cause...Nor did I see any good in the defending the Palace mission. I don't even know what happened to the Magistrate as well as the God King, thanks.

"Reviewing the logs, it seemed there was a bomb shipped into the Palace. Then coming back, I get a UMW raid alert given by Milno and that the teams were formed--I wasn't informed. What gives, Steve?"

Inquire.

"...And if you don't mind..would anyone recognize me with my visor down in this suit? I know it's a bit hard to manuever but..it's a personal thing."

Feyri shifted her gaze at the woman in front of her as she finished speaking on the private channel. She was sure her voice was down given how the suit synced up to her..new form. Granted, she would say this was technically a benefit as she could focus her voice to specified channels now.

Still, facing someone you knew-and loved like a friend- was harder to mention. She felt worried.

Afraid.

..Surely Lyra didn't recognize her as she was now, right?! Oh no wait no, it was that look.

She looked down and put a hand on her head, caressing her hair and prepared for the worst. At least..I can make peace with one of them. I should've told Grate earlier.

"H-hello Lyra." Ok don't lie. She's..sad. "I-it's Feyri, here."

Crap I can't do this.

Also resist depression.

I guess you lost those things then. Meaning you still have tons of stuff. You're fine. It's fine. Everything's fine.

It's not fine.

>Clearly you need to follow me on twitter.

((Bought Pancaek's MK2 for 4 tokens. Adding in the token I got for my mega this means I have 2 left. Thus I'll only have to beg one token off of people to get a telekinesis amp after my next mission. Huehuehue.))
Done and done.

"Yeah, the amps WOULD be easier, but where's the fun in making something so uninteresting? Have you got any of your own designs or ideas that could work the same way?"

Bishop blinks in surprise at the sudden question from the strange person. "Huh? Uhhhh, yeah, as a matter of fact, I did for awhile. It was quite some time ago, before I went on that year long mission. I was addicted to painkillers as a result of malpractice in my first mission at the hands of Mesk so I went to the Doc for some help, and he gave me the option of a quick fix through a chemical purge or something.

It works quickly, but it has the downside of making you see hallucinations temporarily, sometimes permanently if you are unlucky, which he kindly warned be about before hand so I didn't freak out about them. The sheep was one of those and it sometimes gave mysterious bits of advice when asked for some. How did you know? I don't think I ever told anyone about it..."

Go ahead and ask her! She is surely a vault of military knowledge!
"Well, I suppose you can do this a few ways. Retractable monoatomic blades would work, though so would normal blades. Or closed loop laser cutters. What sort of blades did you have in mind?

(( Hey PW, is that a mistake that I still have two tokens or am I missing something? As much as I'd love to have two tokens pulled from the ether :P ))
I dunno. Maybe that parasitic worm in my brain is kicking me hamburger shilling we are dinosaur.

1) donate laser rifle #3 and 1 token to the gungnir project in exchange for testing rights, why am i getting rid of #3 after #4? No idea.
2)See if i can sell my roboleg and any duplicate robo-arms.
3)attempt to trade 5 laser batteries to AM at 1 token each seeing as they are all brand spanking new despite sitting in my footlocker for almost a year.
4)Ask for and receive the complementary first pile of scrap metal. Also ask how much it would cost to replace the mining suits armor with a thin variety of battlesuit plate just thick enough to stop gauss rounds and lasers.
5)Head over to the infirmary and ask herr doktor if he could upload his best approximation of this picture (minus the tentacles) to the vr machines whether it be a gene therapy or lab grown critter. The image shall be drawn on my PDA for IC purposes and the critter should be the size of a normal sedan.
6)If Flint and Miyamoto go ahead with the purchase/sale of Gilgamesh give flint 5 tokens up front for his exo-suit with the promise of a negotiable supplement at a later date then buy my hard point and have the AM build it (reinforcing it with the scrap metal) and mount it on the underside of the suits right arm.
(Ignore the part about the robot head in the hard point design, that was just for looking around and served no functional purpose.)

((Ill just repost my plasma flamethrower when youre not as swamped and i can maybe afford it. I made it for fun but the more i think of it the more i want it.))

1.You diversify your research portfolio.

2. Not to the armory you can't. Maybe to players.

3.Those are non-resale too. Because of reasons.

4. "Paper stops gauss rounds and Lasers. It just doesn't do it very well or for very long. How well do you want it to protect? Stop one gauss round or stop 50?

5.Is there anything particular about that thing other then just being big and having teeth and claws for the stabby bites?

6.Future hazy. Transactions possible, just don't know if they'll happen or not yet. I can't read any lower then this post until I'm done replying. If I do the Worms in my head get angry. Well, angrier.
((SerCon- As it turns out, Lars's idea isn't too far from your own.))

(I think it's +1 and +2/3)

>Standard stuff. Pamphlets about how the HMRC is morally correct in its rebellion, how it's going to help the average citizen of the UWM, how We're fighting against corruption, etc. Maybe find us a new name that doesn't have the connotations of the HMRC. Get a few artists together to create some posters, maybe record some announcements for us to blare across the radio.

Just keep it secular and don't mention me. People tend to be turned away by religious ideals that are not their own, and are certainly gonna be turned away by the mention that this revolution is run by a computer.

((I could be wrong, but 4 con + 5 con = 9 con = full +1?  Did I forget something?))

Lars blinked.  But why not mention Glorious Steve?  Why not espouse the glorious leader?  He pondered, then banged his head on the floor again.

"Yes, most Glorious Steve.  I will serve as your humble prophet and spread your word to the masses!  Perhaps we shall use the form of your avatar?"  Brother Lars holds up the Steve-Synthflesh-Man pendant* he always wore.  "That way, the people have a face they can gaze upon lovingly."  Lars gazes lovingly at the pendant.  "That can be a central figure to the messages."

Speak to the Glorious Steve.

You carve a lovely little pendant of a synth-flesh man in a triumphant pose. He appears to be smirking about something.
Oh, no you're right. My brain just stopped working for a while.

>How about you instead make a human face for me. And a name, while you're at it. Hell, create a whole fictional backstory for me if you want. Really, we just can't let them start worshiping me. Because if they do they'll expect me to lead them after this is over. And thats not what I'm here to do. I'm here simply to make sure that the empires of man come and go with the the interest of the species.

((Whee! Time to get prototyping.))

"Okay... this should be good. Yeah. Some balance issues, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Let's make this thing."

Anton takes some time to carefully lay out a schematic for the weapon - not a complete one, but more of a conversion manual for the Rifle and Saber - then saves it to his pad and exits VR, going to the armory while thinking out loud.

"Так... поехали. Biggest expenditure is the Saber, at five. The generator should be two... I think, and the Rifle also two. Conversion parts... probably a token, not many of those. So, three over my total. Okay then, let's start with the saber and conversion parts. I think someone was selling laser rifles for a token..."

Go over to the Armory and purchase a Tesla Saber. Show the AM the conversion schematics and ask for the set of conversion parts if they're indeed just a token total. Then go and spend my last token buying a no-resale laser rifle from... Auron? I think it was Auron. Unholy's character. Be totally surprised at receiving it for free.

Put out a general message over the wristpad:
Quote from: text message to:All, from: Anton Chernozorov
  Attention team Diamond Heart members, and anyone else really. I am currently constructing a prototype electrolaser rifle intended for planetside use. Whoever lends me 2 token to complete the prototype can take it on the next mission for field testing, and I'll return the tokens after my next mission as well. Prototype has been VR tested and proven effective.

Then, unless somebody donates two extra tokens for me to purchase the generator, find a good place to sit down and work, and prepare to perform a partial conversion of the laser rifle - just adding the Tesla Saber chamber, and constructing the plug-in stock to mount the generator into later.

((Unholy, you need only donate one token if you wish, or you can rescind the donation (as I'm buying the thing from you and giving you a token anyway) and just lend me 2 if you get another one elsewhere. ^_^))

You buy a Tesla sabre for 5 tokens, leaving you with two. Auron gives you a laser rifle and a token to further your designs, on the condition that he gets to play with your new toys too. Right now you have enough money to get that generator and put this thing together. You wanna do that?

((A thought recently struck me - why are we not rolling for things like handiwork or intelligence (or intuit) in Tinker? I mean, yeah, it's a virtual environment, but it doesn't turn people into geniuses. Handiwork could be handwaved by being able to retry as much as you like I guess, but coming up with and intuiting solutions to designs could take some rolls to achieve. Just a thought.))
((Nooooo! Then we'll get flawed equipment!

I'm guessing that there are two reasons:
1. Tinker gives us a lot of tries, infinite materials, and access to useful reference materials.
2. We put a lot of work into designing these--usually--and shouldn't be penalized for bad luck.))

Pretty simple. As in they can follow orders and such just fine but they can't really learn or adapt to new scenarios  well on their own. When I say you can't hit dog level, I mean you can't instill it with the capacity for problem solving that even a dog has.
How well would it understand syntax?
Sorry to bug you, I'm considering Tinkering up a drone and want a good guess of its AI capabilities before I get started.

Go to the doctor and find out whether Lukas' tokens can be used to fund an upgrade that doesn't require Lukas to dig in before firing his particle cannon.
Can't reduce particle cannon recoil. So either it would require lowering it's damage output or casting new body out of crystallized Iridium. Probably not practical.
((What if you stuck two particle cannons end-to-end? To clarify, non-firing end to non-firing end; the reverse would be silly. If both particle cannons fired at once, the recoil of each would negate the other. Unless the particle cannons destroyed each other. And then there's collateral damage to consider. But hey, there are options.))

[hrr]]

She looked down and put a hand on her head, caressing her hair and prepared for the worst. At least..I can make peace with one of them. I should've told Grate earlier.
((You can do both at once. Grate's been following Lyra around for a bit.))

Grate looks at the robot-person, confused. "But..."

"But, I, FAILED!"
blink more than usual, but ignore the rest of what I'm doing. once tears have made an initial path across your face, you don't feel that much from them after all.
Do not let go of Feyri.
"my fault."
Confused, Grate cautiously pats Lyra on the back.
It could understand simple syntax, sure. Think of it in terms of modern AI's, it can do practically anything as long as it's programmed to do it, but it can't do anything it's not explicitly programmed to do.

I only heard some stories. That they are the elite troops of the Magisters and supersoldiers, but not much, really.

Answer.

"Originally their numbers were much fewer." he says, strapping you onto the table and setting up an IV drip. "And their brains weren't artificial. But it took too long for me to train new ones, so they moved to that artificial system. Regardless, I think I could make some improvements on the system. Though," He pokes at your head, "It's only as good as the brain inside it. And that artificial system is based on a pretty good brain."

He wheels you out and down the hall, humming as you go.

((Fear me and my overly long, not-compensating-for-anything gun of laughable power!

Also, here's an unusual idea: Take some variety of shield and use it as a substrate for a phased-array laser, which would appear flat against the shield but could hit targets within a hemisphere facing away from it.))

Take the coils from the two former barrels that were added as extensions and uncoil them, re-wrapping them around the first set of coils, hooking them to the generators. Then get rid of the extra barrel extensions. Test this over-coiled instead of over-long weapon against the same targets, same parameters. (Note to PW: When I say test range, I'm looking for the range bonuses the weapon would posses.)

Right now, in that configuration it would possess a range bonus of something like -6 at close range.

Because the coils would just interact and repulse each other. Basically you created a Gauss rifle IED.

Quote from: Xan->Doctor
I'd heard the flesh is weak, but this is ridiculous. One explosion and my leg's burned off. And I know that if I keep this body, my injuries will just pile up and debilitate me. So I've decided to act now. If you're willing to upgrade my body, I'm a willing subject.

I've been doing a lot of that lately. Try killing one of the ones I did it to, then we'll do it.

((Okay, here's the thing. I will be gone for the next three days. And then I'm assuming that there are going to be 25 pages for me to catch up, and five tonnes of schoolwork in addition. So there is a good chance I won't catch up before I have to be gone again. So I will probably be gone until October. And even if I post something, it will most likely be context-free on anything happening around me. Which is good, since I'm not going on a mission.

However, considering that we are likely to be employed in defending the ship, that will be mean if anything happens on the ship, I'm screwed. Would anyone (Paris?) feel like taking care of Vich as long as I'm gone? The default actions are to alternate every turn between playing the flute, reading the HMRCP, (P=Pantheon) and exercising in the room where you're supposed to exercise. If something happens, moderate cowardise and the use of Zephyris as a bodyguard are the way to go. (I actually have plans for her, but can't really enact them while I'm gone. That's why I'm dragging her around. Also, meat shield.) Also, use of speech is greatly preferable to amps.

And when I'm back, I'd really like to see the rest of the secret mission, from Piecewise's side, and the secret briefing. I'm assuming Caellath has the later one covered.

Also, if someone starts a philosophical argument without me while I'm gone, I'm going to be really mad. :P So mad in fact, that I will necro the argument, and comment on every single sentence of every single post of the entire argument, telling you how wrong you are.))

((Okay, did some "research".))
A Civic Defender's longcoat would work fine for the bullets, but when it comes to diffusing lasers very well, thats a bit harder. The defender longcoat will defend against lasers for a few seconds, but not much better.
How much for defender longcoat, and is that even a thing? Is that what you meant by "long coat"?

The Protectorate suit is a full body jumpsuit that leaves only the head, hands and feet uncovered. The fabric of the suit is something very thick and heavy feeling, and as you look at it closely you swear you can see what look like hair thin strands of silvery material running through the black fabric. Small metal plates, hundreds  of them, carefully shaped and designed not to interfere with movement, cover everywhere except the joints. The entire thing is quite heavy and would probably be cumbersome to anyone not of rather herculean build.
How much for that?

Shade Cloak and the Changeling Mask. Huh. How much for the Cloak, how much for the Mask?
Will I need Exo to use them? Something else? If so, how difficult will it be?
((Also, I laugh at the idea of there being an overkill in HMRC. No mask will protect from an accidental nuke.))

Shadow walker cloak
High Guard Armor
Walking Bastion
Arbiter Cloak (I remember this one being 6 token for Milno.)
It's your choice whether they exist and are available or not, and I don't think there's any chance of me buying them, but I'd still like to know what they are and how much they cost. If you don't mind.
I forget how much the defender longcoat was, probably like 3 tokens?  Hmm. Anyways. Google long coat to see what one looks like. Sort of like a Trench coat.

Protectorate suit is probably around the same cost as a mk III

Changeling mask is actually an implant that lets people change their faces rather then a mask. The shade cloak changes to take on the shape of any sort of clothing. It was what the serial killer was wearing. Together they'd be pretty pricy. They shouldn't use rolls.

Shadow walker is like the shade cloak but blends in with clothing and the environment. Chameleon suit, basically.

High guard armor is well..you'll need to be pretty modified to wear it. Same with that other one.

Avatar cloak is just heavy cloth armor. It's really good armor, but it's like wearing a cloak made of lead. Doesn't matter for the Avatar, but probably would for you.

((I'M BEING USEFUL!))

((Whooo.. Thanks.))

4/5 rounds left.

((I'M BEING USEFUL!))

((Whooo.. Thanks.))

4/5 rounds left.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16684 on: September 05, 2013, 01:58:51 pm »

As per what you have, exactly what did you bring with you beside the suit?
It was a guarding mission, so I brought the shield and Gauss Rifle, having stowed away my personal items on-ship, as well as the Tesla Sabre. Everything else which was in orange was brought along.

(Aw crud. You had to specify a robot?! in Lenglon's post?! D:

...Why. :/
:\
..Ok time to be creative. And..and I moved away from the infirmary since then as last action but..ok fine let's retcon back there.)
* Tiruin flails.

"Dying to friendly misfire which I should've stopped was not a good cause...Nor did I see any good in the defending the Palace mission. I don't even know what happened to the Magistrate as well as the God King, thanks.

"Reviewing the logs, it seemed there was a bomb shipped into the Palace. Then coming back, I get a UMW raid alert given by Milno and that the teams were formed--I wasn't informed. What gives, Steve?"

Inquire.

"...And if you don't mind..would anyone recognize me with my visor down in this suit? I know it's a bit hard to manuever but..it's a personal thing."

Feyri shifted her gaze at the woman in front of her as she finished speaking on the private channel. She was sure her voice was down given how the suit synced up to her..new form. Granted, she would say this was technically a benefit as she could focus her voice to specified channels now.

Still, facing someone you knew-and loved like a friend- was harder to mention. She felt worried.

Afraid.

..Surely Lyra didn't recognize her as she was now, right?! Oh no wait no, it was that look.

Crap I can't do this.

Also resist depression.

I guess you lost those things then. Meaning you still have tons of stuff. You're fine. It's fine. Everything's fine.

It's not fine.

>Clearly you need to follow me on twitter.

((Bought Pancaek's MK2 for 4 tokens. Adding in the token I got for my mega this means I have 2 left. Thus I'll only have to beg one token off of people to get a telekinesis amp after my next mission. Huehuehue.))
Done and done.

"Yeah, the amps WOULD be easier, but where's the fun in making something so uninteresting? Have you got any of your own designs or ideas that could work the same way?"

Bishop blinks in surprise at the sudden question from the strange person. "Huh? Uhhhh, yeah, as a matter of fact, I did for awhile. It was quite some time ago, before I went on that year long mission. I was addicted to painkillers as a result of malpractice in my first mission at the hands of Mesk so I went to the Doc for some help, and he gave me the option of a quick fix through a chemical purge or something.

It works quickly, but it has the downside of making you see hallucinations temporarily, sometimes permanently if you are unlucky, which he kindly warned be about before hand so I didn't freak out about them. The sheep was one of those and it sometimes gave mysterious bits of advice when asked for some. How did you know? I don't think I ever told anyone about it..."

Go ahead and ask her! She is surely a vault of military knowledge!
"Well, I suppose you can do this a few ways. Retractable monoatomic blades would work, though so would normal blades. Or closed loop laser cutters. What sort of blades did you have in mind?

(( Hey PW, is that a mistake that I still have two tokens or am I missing something? As much as I'd love to have two tokens pulled from the ether :P ))
I dunno. Maybe that parasitic worm in my brain is kicking me hamburger shilling we are dinosaur.

1) donate laser rifle #3 and 1 token to the gungnir project in exchange for testing rights, why am i getting rid of #3 after #4? No idea.
2)See if i can sell my roboleg and any duplicate robo-arms.
3)attempt to trade 5 laser batteries to AM at 1 token each seeing as they are all brand spanking new despite sitting in my footlocker for almost a year.
4)Ask for and receive the complementary first pile of scrap metal. Also ask how much it would cost to replace the mining suits armor with a thin variety of battlesuit plate just thick enough to stop gauss rounds and lasers.
5)Head over to the infirmary and ask herr doktor if he could upload his best approximation of this picture (minus the tentacles) to the vr machines whether it be a gene therapy or lab grown critter. The image shall be drawn on my PDA for IC purposes and the critter should be the size of a normal sedan.
6)If Flint and Miyamoto go ahead with the purchase/sale of Gilgamesh give flint 5 tokens up front for his exo-suit with the promise of a negotiable supplement at a later date then buy my hard point and have the AM build it (reinforcing it with the scrap metal) and mount it on the underside of the suits right arm.
(Ignore the part about the robot head in the hard point design, that was just for looking around and served no functional purpose.)

((Ill just repost my plasma flamethrower when youre not as swamped and i can maybe afford it. I made it for fun but the more i think of it the more i want it.))

1.You diversify your research portfolio.

2. Not to the armory you can't. Maybe to players.

3.Those are non-resale too. Because of reasons.

4. "Paper stops gauss rounds and Lasers. It just doesn't do it very well or for very long. How well do you want it to protect? Stop one gauss round or stop 50?

5.Is there anything particular about that thing other then just being big and having teeth and claws for the stabby bites?

6.Future hazy. Transactions possible, just don't know if they'll happen or not yet. I can't read any lower then this post until I'm done replying. If I do the Worms in my head get angry. Well, angrier.
((SerCon- As it turns out, Lars's idea isn't too far from your own.))

(I think it's +1 and +2/3)

>Standard stuff. Pamphlets about how the HMRC is morally correct in its rebellion, how it's going to help the average citizen of the UWM, how We're fighting against corruption, etc. Maybe find us a new name that doesn't have the connotations of the HMRC. Get a few artists together to create some posters, maybe record some announcements for us to blare across the radio.

Just keep it secular and don't mention me. People tend to be turned away by religious ideals that are not their own, and are certainly gonna be turned away by the mention that this revolution is run by a computer.

((I could be wrong, but 4 con + 5 con = 9 con = full +1?  Did I forget something?))

Lars blinked.  But why not mention Glorious Steve?  Why not espouse the glorious leader?  He pondered, then banged his head on the floor again.

"Yes, most Glorious Steve.  I will serve as your humble prophet and spread your word to the masses!  Perhaps we shall use the form of your avatar?"  Brother Lars holds up the Steve-Synthflesh-Man pendant* he always wore.  "That way, the people have a face they can gaze upon lovingly."  Lars gazes lovingly at the pendant.  "That can be a central figure to the messages."

Speak to the Glorious Steve.

You carve a lovely little pendant of a synth-flesh man in a triumphant pose. He appears to be smirking about something.
Oh, no you're right. My brain just stopped working for a while.

>How about you instead make a human face for me. And a name, while you're at it. Hell, create a whole fictional backstory for me if you want. Really, we just can't let them start worshiping me. Because if they do they'll expect me to lead them after this is over. And thats not what I'm here to do. I'm here simply to make sure that the empires of man come and go with the the interest of the species.

"Okay... this should be good. Yeah. Some balance issues, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Let's make this thing."

Anton takes some time to carefully lay out a schematic for the weapon - not a complete one, but more of a conversion manual for the Rifle and Saber - then saves it to his pad and exits VR, going to the armory while thinking out loud.

"Так... поехали. Biggest expenditure is the Saber, at five. The generator should be two... I think, and the Rifle also two. Conversion parts... probably a token, not many of those. So, three over my total. Okay then, let's start with the saber and conversion parts. I think someone was selling laser rifles for a token..."

Go over to the Armory and purchase a Tesla Saber. Show the AM the conversion schematics and ask for the set of conversion parts if they're indeed just a token total. Then go and spend my last token buying a no-resale laser rifle from... Auron? I think it was Auron. Unholy's character. Be totally surprised at receiving it for free.

Attention team Diamond Heart members, and anyone else really. I am currently constructing a prototype electrolaser rifle intended for planetside use. Whoever lends me 2 token to complete the prototype can take it on the next mission for field testing, and I'll return the tokens after my next mission as well. Prototype has been VR tested and proven effective.

Then, unless somebody donates two extra tokens for me to purchase the generator, find a good place to sit down and work, and prepare to perform a partial conversion of the laser rifle - just adding the Tesla Saber chamber, and constructing the plug-in stock to mount the generator into later.

((Unholy, you need only donate one token if you wish, or you can rescind the donation (as I'm buying the thing from you and giving you a token anyway) and just lend me 2 if you get another one elsewhere. ^_^))

You buy a Tesla sabre for 5 tokens, leaving you with two. Auron gives you a laser rifle and a token to further your designs, on the condition that he gets to play with your new toys too. Right now you have enough money to get that generator and put this thing together. You wanna do that?

((A thought recently struck me - why are we not rolling for things like handiwork or intelligence (or intuit) in Tinker? I mean, yeah, it's a virtual environment, but it doesn't turn people into geniuses. Handiwork could be handwaved by being able to retry as much as you like I guess, but coming up with and intuiting solutions to designs could take some rolls to achieve. Just a thought.))
((Nooooo! Then we'll get flawed equipment!

I'm guessing that there are two reasons:
1. Tinker gives us a lot of tries, infinite materials, and access to useful reference materials.
2. We put a lot of work into designing these--usually--and shouldn't be penalized for bad luck.))

Pretty simple. As in they can follow orders and such just fine but they can't really learn or adapt to new scenarios  well on their own. When I say you can't hit dog level, I mean you can't instill it with the capacity for problem solving that even a dog has.
How well would it understand syntax?
Sorry to bug you, I'm considering Tinkering up a drone and want a good guess of its AI capabilities before I get started.

Go to the doctor and find out whether Lukas' tokens can be used to fund an upgrade that doesn't require Lukas to dig in before firing his particle cannon.
Can't reduce particle cannon recoil. So either it would require lowering it's damage output or casting new body out of crystallized Iridium. Probably not practical.
((What if you stuck two particle cannons end-to-end? To clarify, non-firing end to non-firing end; the reverse would be silly. If both particle cannons fired at once, the recoil of each would negate the other. Unless the particle cannons destroyed each other. And then there's collateral damage to consider. But hey, there are options.))

[hrr]]

((You can do both at once. Grate's been following Lyra around for a bit.))

Grate looks at the robot-person, confused. "But..."

"But, I, FAILED!"
blink more than usual, but ignore the rest of what I'm doing. once tears have made an initial path across your face, you don't feel that much from them after all.
Do not let go of Feyri.
"my fault."
Confused, Grate cautiously pats Lyra on the back.
It could understand simple syntax, sure. Think of it in terms of modern AI's, it can do practically anything as long as it's programmed to do it, but it can't do anything it's not explicitly programmed to do.

I only heard some stories. That they are the elite troops of the Magisters and supersoldiers, but not much, really.

Answer.

"Originally their numbers were much fewer." he says, strapping you onto the table and setting up an IV drip. "And their brains weren't artificial. But it took too long for me to train new ones, so they moved to that artificial system. Regardless, I think I could make some improvements on the system. Though," He pokes at your head, "It's only as good as the brain inside it. And that artificial system is based on a pretty good brain."

He wheels you out and down the hall, humming as you go.

((Fear me and my overly long, not-compensating-for-anything gun of laughable power!

Also, here's an unusual idea: Take some variety of shield and use it as a substrate for a phased-array laser, which would appear flat against the shield but could hit targets within a hemisphere facing away from it.))

Take the coils from the two former barrels that were added as extensions and uncoil them, re-wrapping them around the first set of coils, hooking them to the generators. Then get rid of the extra barrel extensions. Test this over-coiled instead of over-long weapon against the same targets, same parameters. (Note to PW: When I say test range, I'm looking for the range bonuses the weapon would posses.)

Right now, in that configuration it would possess a range bonus of something like -6 at close range.

Because the coils would just interact and repulse each other. Basically you created a Gauss rifle IED.

Quote from: Xan->Doctor
I'd heard the flesh is weak, but this is ridiculous. One explosion and my leg's burned off. And I know that if I keep this body, my injuries will just pile up and debilitate me. So I've decided to act now. If you're willing to upgrade my body, I'm a willing subject.

I've been doing a lot of that lately. Try killing one of the ones I did it to, then we'll do it.

((Okay, here's the thing. I will be gone for the next three days. And then I'm assuming that there are going to be 25 pages for me to catch up, and five tonnes of schoolwork in addition. So there is a good chance I won't catch up before I have to be gone again. So I will probably be gone until October. And even if I post something, it will most likely be context-free on anything happening around me. Which is good, since I'm not going on a mission.

However, considering that we are likely to be employed in defending the ship, that will be mean if anything happens on the ship, I'm screwed. Would anyone (Paris?) feel like taking care of Vich as long as I'm gone? The default actions are to alternate every turn between playing the flute, reading the HMRCP, (P=Pantheon) and exercising in the room where you're supposed to exercise. If something happens, moderate cowardise and the use of Zephyris as a bodyguard are the way to go. (I actually have plans for her, but can't really enact them while I'm gone. That's why I'm dragging her around. Also, meat shield.) Also, use of speech is greatly preferable to amps.

And when I'm back, I'd really like to see the rest of the secret mission, from Piecewise's side, and the secret briefing. I'm assuming Caellath has the later one covered.

Also, if someone starts a philosophical argument without me while I'm gone, I'm going to be really mad. :P So mad in fact, that I will necro the argument, and comment on every single sentence of every single post of the entire argument, telling you how wrong you are.))

((Okay, did some "research".))
A Civic Defender's longcoat would work fine for the bullets, but when it comes to diffusing lasers very well, thats a bit harder. The defender longcoat will defend against lasers for a few seconds, but not much better.
How much for defender longcoat, and is that even a thing? Is that what you meant by "long coat"?

The Protectorate suit is a full body jumpsuit that leaves only the head, hands and feet uncovered. The fabric of the suit is something very thick and heavy feeling, and as you look at it closely you swear you can see what look like hair thin strands of silvery material running through the black fabric. Small metal plates, hundreds  of them, carefully shaped and designed not to interfere with movement, cover everywhere except the joints. The entire thing is quite heavy and would probably be cumbersome to anyone not of rather herculean build.
How much for that?

Shade Cloak and the Changeling Mask. Huh. How much for the Cloak, how much for the Mask?
Will I need Exo to use them? Something else? If so, how difficult will it be?
((Also, I laugh at the idea of there being an overkill in HMRC. No mask will protect from an accidental nuke.))

Shadow walker cloak
High Guard Armor
Walking Bastion
Arbiter Cloak (I remember this one being 6 token for Milno.)
It's your choice whether they exist and are available or not, and I don't think there's any chance of me buying them, but I'd still like to know what they are and how much they cost. If you don't mind.
I forget how much the defender longcoat was, probably like 3 tokens?  Hmm. Anyways. Google long coat to see what one looks like. Sort of like a Trench coat.

Protectorate suit is probably around the same cost as a mk III

Changeling mask is actually an implant that lets people change their faces rather then a mask. The shade cloak changes to take on the shape of any sort of clothing. It was what the serial killer was wearing. Together they'd be pretty pricy. They shouldn't use rolls.

Shadow walker is like the shade cloak but blends in with clothing and the environment. Chameleon suit, basically.

High guard armor is well..you'll need to be pretty modified to wear it. Same with that other one.

Avatar cloak is just heavy cloth armor. It's really good armor, but it's like wearing a cloak made of lead. Doesn't matter for the Avatar, but probably would for you.

"Hrmm. True. I assume we don't have to protect the entire length of the ship? Or more accurately, this group doesn't? Hrmm."

Buy a large eight token crate from Nyars, with a Green Hexagon with a horizontal line.

((They been good to me so far. Well, aside from THE CUBE, but fuck gold pentagons. That is crazy shit there.))

You buy yourself your great big box of potential evil.

((Indeed PW, I agreed to sell it to him for 4 tokens in some post a while back. It must have gotten buried in with the rest of the posts.))

Pancaek looks at the doc's message.
"Gene therapy...yeah, because I want a slightly less shitty version of my body. No thanks doc, I'll go for the robo-body."

He goes to find Milno.

"Hey, chief, any chance I could borrow 2 tokens for my decomp? I'll pay you back as soon as I'm able to, cross my heart."

If allowed to borrow the tokens, go buy the best exotic weapons/amp decomp form the AM (20 tokens= 12 i already had + 2 from MIyamoto +4 from MKII form Xantalos +2 borrowed.). Then go get it installed while also getting borged into a standard robo-body.
Done and done. Tokens borrowed and begged, decomps bought and installed.

Thinking back, Denzel thought of that one weapon that was like a taser fused with a laser. He had always thought it was an interesting concept, and now that he had the opportunity to make something like it... Hmm...

Plan out a design that allows an over-under configuration for the gauss rifle and laser, with a fire selection switch available to select which of the modes to use. Then, figure out how to set up an arc-gap using the generator without compromising the power of the laser. If the generator is too weak for the electrolaser without compromising the power of the laser portion, add another generator.

((So yeah, like a larger combi-weapon version of the red hand, done by Denzel. I would go for the Chimera, but I don't really have the IC knowledge for it, let alone knowing that it exists.))
You kids today and your electro-lasers.

You realize that Maurice made is schematics available to everyone right? In character all you really need to do is look in the Tinker program and you'll probably find it.

Well it will work, but it is a bit too awkward, maybe once I can afford an exoskeleton

Hey Steve, we are a rebellion now right? Rather than a prison ship? Also, Do you know if anyone has made a program that can recognize what is on the screens of the Field manipulators?, Not work out the problems just read them for now

Astra Asks these questions, and steps out of the VR, to see if there is anyone else in the rec room

>Yes, Yes, What are you talking about? Like a program that just reads whats on the manipulator screen out to you?

((@ Irony: thanks for uploading your suuper-seekrit mission, it was a good read.))

((@ Paris & Pariah: as long as I'm able to work out what exactly I want before the mission starts, then I think we have a pretty good deal here. A 'triple player gear up' is indeed very nice.
However Paris, seeing how Gilgamesh is about 25 tokens worth of equipment, I was hoping to sell it for 17 total. You'd still be saving 8 tokens, and if you want I could list the stuff a battlesuit has (that I know of of course). But again, you can pay me the rest later, so here is what I propose: You give me 12 tokens now, and 5 after this mission. Does this sound fair to you? ))

((@ sean: I'm selling a laser rifle for 1 token, 27/30 battery, and a Mining laser (basically cutting laser) for 5. You can pay me after your next mission if you're short on tokens.))

((By the way, I think I'm gonna call this mission 'Operation Green Dawn'. Sounds kinda cool I think. But then again, I have a major hard on for pointless titles, acronyms and callsigns/nicknames. ))

It means that regardless of what your roll was, it will make it a 5.

((Wait, does this mean it would also boost roll totals lower than 5 to 5? Because the way this is worded, it seems one could have a penalty to something and still get a 5. That's probably not what you meant, but still, I'd like to check.

Another question regarding decomps: is there one for dex? If yes, am I correct that when you and someone else try to shoot each other, you roll for dex, and then the highest number wins? Because if so, then having the dex decomp would place you at a disadvantage against someone with a similar bonus to rolls but without the total always lowered to 5))

Actions (More like research at this point):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No, as in it would turn anything 6 or over into a 5.

There is, but I guess it would work differently for that.

1.Actually it would probably lose both endurance and strength.

2.They're usually more powerful versions of the existing weapons and systems. So like, giant laser cutting torches or drone swarms or such. Though if you have specific ideas, those could work too. Also, don't worry about cost. Assume it will always cost around the same and that you can just choose 3 weapons or systems to replace the ones it would come with.

3.No, but that would work fine on a blank one.

4. Well, probably would take up two weapons spots, but no extra token cost.

5.You could get it the pack in exchange for one of those 3 weapons, but Avatars are so big that it's gonna have a hell of a start up and cool down and is gonna basically throw fiery hell out everywhere around it.

6.Everything. It's a passive effect of the feed back from the organism.

7. Yep.

8.It's a rapid fire Gauss cannon. Not rifle. Rapid. Fire. Gauss. Cannon.

9.Well, you're giving up a great deal in order to massively increase your own destructive capacities and survival chances. Basically, once you're in that suit, you're the Avatar and nothing but. Avatars and their pilots exist for war. They exist to destroy and kill and fight and their sheer size and the way you're fused to the thing means you can do little else. You can access VR wirelessly through the machine while you're on the ship, but forget casually walking around or doing anything else. The nervous system of your entire lower body is basically altered to act as a connection  array for the machine. You'll still be able to use your arms, but only barely, just enough to manually do things in the cockpit. But for the most part, that fleshy human body of yours is left behind; you see, feel and act through the avatar as if it were your own body. It's like your body is the brain in a normal robot person.

After failing miserably to survive for more than 15 seconds on the first level, Skylar suddenly stops, gets up, and heads to the armory to talk to the AM.

Okay, so I overheard that the 'defend the ship' mission is going to basically protecting the ship from saboteurs too small for point defenses, if I'm understanding Steve correctly. Got anything that will allow for no-atmo low-gravity maneuverability? Cause I'd really like to not go flying into space on defense. Or worse, the ground...

Second, and I'm not sure if you're the one to ask or if someone in the infirmary is, but is there any way to quickly recover the brains of disabled bot teammates? The ones with full robot bodies or in synthflesh?

Head to the armory to ask questions! Move to the infirmary and ask again if the AM doesn't know.

"The defense is taking place in atmosphere. And gravity. You're basically guarding gangways and such. As per extracting their brains, their brain case is designed to keep their brain alive or at least preserved, so you could just remove that casing. And really, that casing will probably be exposed if they honestly need rescue like that."

(I've got a single token left, Sean. If you want it, I'll loan it.)

In the event a certain Russian tinkerer asks for a token, Jim is ready to lend his last one.
You've got 9 tokens, jimbo.

Nope, just missed it. As I get lower in the posts I tend to be more pressed for time and get sloppy or curt. Oh well.

Lets see...

You flop out of the stasis pods and immediately drag yourself, still dripping with goo, over to the armory and slam your fist full of tokens down on the counter, pointing to a few things in the list while coughing.

The armory master slides out your bomb, rifle and a 100 pack of bottle rockets before psychokinetically pulling the tokens from your hand.

"Now leave, you're getting goo everywhere." She says, raising an eyebrow at your naked, gooey self.

"Goo is cool; Goo breathes, and gives much freedom of movement.", T says in a heavily accented voice.
(Accented with what? We don't know, I've never heard of it.)
"Goo is for the brave."

He then stands tall with pride (or as much as he can whilst coughing goo onto the floor), unmindful of his gooey, naked self, and then casually saunters out of the armory, giving the approaching Anton a casual shoulder-pat on the way out. And then he continues on to the rec room.
You head to the rec room, causally enjoying the breeze.

STEPHEN HAWKING opens his new sexy box while moaning and cooing.

Nyars gives you a look.

You open the case. Inside is a small black, expensive looking case, the sort of thing you'd expect to contain a solid platinum space pen or something.

((Well, I'm buying a battlesuit whether it's Gilgamesh or a new one. The only difference it makes is the amount of tokens I spend so if you want, I'll sell it to you right now so that you can begin working on it. Just tell me whether you want the rocket pods for 3 tokens or if I should detach them and sell them to someone else.))

((@ Paris & Pariah: as long as I'm able to work out what exactly I want before the mission starts, then I think we have a pretty good deal here. A 'triple player gear up' is indeed very nice.
However Paris, seeing how Gilgamesh is about 25 tokens worth of equipment, I was hoping to sell it for 17 total. You'd still be saving 8 tokens, and if you want I could list the stuff a battlesuit has (that I know of of course). But again, you can pay me the rest later, so here is what I propose: You give me 12 tokens now, and 5 after this mission. Does this sound fair to you? ))
((12 tokens up front + 5 easy payments later sounds awesome to me. And that list sounds nice too. If you need more tokens for whatever reason I can pay you more, but, as I said, I would really like to play Nyars Roulette with a big red capsule. If we're going to war, might as well bring some ridiculously powerful alien guns, right? Assuming I don't get a gigaton bomb, a deathcube or some other silly suicide weapon.))

Ask doctor for other types of upgrades:
((Perhaps something like cameras for the drones or the ability to repair your armor or to integrate and upgrade weapons or to create your own ammo?))

Sell my industrial mining exosuit along with the rocket pods attached to it to Auron Kell (Unholy_Pariah) for 5 tokens and the promises of later payment.

Then ask the armory master how much for her best cigars, preferably something non or at least mildly hallucinogenic, so slow burning that it can stay lit for hours and so good tasting and smelling that it can only compare with memories of happy childhood days and people you love.
((I'm checking my options for victory smokes. If I'm going to pay tokens for them they might as well be the best.))

Finally ask Steve if our mission is going to be above ground. If yes, ask him if it would be possible to release a satellite or other object to provide images of the battlefield. Unless it has a chance of being detected and giving his plan away.
Transaction completed

"We have some earth 3 cigars. Made with real tobacco, rather then synthesized plant matter. Already pretty uncommon, but once this war starts up they're gonna be impossible to find. Earth 3 is gonna go full fortress world again and you're not gonna be able to find a box of these anywhere."

>Yes, but only after Jim's team gets their work done and I can take over control of ARES, the computer system controlling the planet's systems.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16685 on: September 05, 2013, 02:03:53 pm »

((Oh... well... looks like Renen is going to be capable of taking on the entire population of a township next time...))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16686 on: September 05, 2013, 02:04:40 pm »

((Tanks or other armoured vehicles.))
Ask what tanks or other armoured vehicles are available. Even old models.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:14:45 pm by Tavik Toth »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16687 on: September 05, 2013, 02:10:03 pm »

((There's something between three to five duplicates of some of the actions up there, PW. Also, I specifically left a bolded post saying that my previous action was edited, so yes, I would like to assemble that thing with the generator, please. :) ))
((This mission... it shall be glorious... im getting a tesla spear capable of hurling lightning bolts with incaculable precision and Lukas is finally gonna get to fire his chest cannon at something it can kill.

Also, is it considered bad form to bet on yourself to die in steves gambling pool?))
((Don't jinx it! D: I've still got to make the damn thing first!

Also, action edited in light of the extra donated token.))

Go over to the Armory and purchase a Tesla Saber. Show the AM the conversion schematics and ask for the set of conversion parts if they're indeed just a token total. Then go and try to spend my last token buying a no-resale laser rifle from... Auron? I think it was Auron. Unholy's character. Be totally surprised at receiving it for free.

edit: Receive extra token from Auron, and buy the generator for the rifle. Follow the manual that was made in Tinker, and assemble the weapon, making sure to only attach the most expensive part - the Saber - once the rig is complete. Test the weapon for weight and balance, then see if I can find any scrap metal to make a metal case for the forward part of it - both shifting the mass balance forward and protecting the Saber and battery compartment from damage.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:12:50 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16688 on: September 05, 2013, 02:14:02 pm »

I meant combine the coils so that they're a set of large coils. A solenoid (which is what these coils are) with more wire loops is a more powerful electromagnet, no?

Also it would only be a gauss IED (interesting idea, magnetic bomb instead of chemical...) if the coils were working opposite to one another. If they were still separate coils, but the magnetic field matches, then they would not repulse.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16689 on: September 05, 2013, 02:15:17 pm »

Quote from: Xan->Doc
Give me a name that I'd realistically be able to kill.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16690 on: September 05, 2013, 02:16:24 pm »

(I can buy a box from Nyars for 8, right? Can someone remind me what the defensive thing Simus bought had an emblem of?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16691 on: September 05, 2013, 02:21:51 pm »

((It also has a pair of arms attached to the forelegs. And regeneration. And lots of eyes. And it gets a bit tougher each regeneration. And it has a lot of eyes. And acidic spittle. And a team of other psychotic supervillains who we are working on constructing a facsimile of.))

((Well then.))

((And um...some people seem to have the same action two or four times...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16692 on: September 05, 2013, 02:30:33 pm »

Jim heads over to Nyars and buys the largest package he can, looking for a green square with a horizontal line through it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16693 on: September 05, 2013, 02:32:20 pm »

"Most interesting!" Stacy notes, dancing excitedly. Now... material. What sort of material could he use? Well... there is the obvious.

Take one of the rounds from the Gauss thingy and place it into the device. See if that does anything. If it doesn't, tear out some of own gray hair and put that in there.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16694 on: September 05, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »

((You forgot to borg me. Not that it matters, looks like I've got plenty of time before we go on mission anyhow. ))

Pancaek walks towards the infirmary and adresses the person on duty

"Dear sir and or madam, I grow weary of my squishy body. I demand..ah..politely ask that you put me into a standard robot body, please."

Go to infirmary, get borged, do the robot
Pages: 1 ... 1111 1112 [1113] 1114 1115 ... 2101