_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5727586 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16695 on: September 05, 2013, 02:53:59 pm »

((Missed my confession.))

Gorat sleep turns out to be more of a nap, as he jolts back up shortly after he laid down. Forgot about you guys, he thinks, and goes to the Armory Master.

"Excuse me, officer, but I've got something I really should have come with earlier. During the fight with Ivan, I opened up a flask from the mystery monger, and then I heard voices of dead HMRC members. They seem to be benevolent and want me to stay alive, it seems, but their strange nature is... I guess what I'm asking is if there is a way to determine whether I am a security risk."

Confess.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16696 on: September 05, 2013, 03:00:05 pm »

Crawler: Doc's Experiment
((We already have Ivan and the rest of the Altered for that place.))

((Which reminds me, what if Steve is actually much older than we think and he created the altered to unite humanity?
Also, how can he talk to us if the ship has run out of quantum juice?))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16697 on: September 05, 2013, 03:11:24 pm »

Ah. I didn't realize we'd be descending into atmo. Alright, thanks.

Return to failing at bullet hells!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16698 on: September 05, 2013, 05:29:19 pm »

I meant combine the coils so that they're a set of large coils. A solenoid (which is what these coils are) with more wire loops is a more powerful electromagnet, no?

Also it would only be a gauss IED (interesting idea, magnetic bomb instead of chemical...) if the coils were working opposite to one another. If they were still separate coils, but the magnetic field matches, then they would not repulse.

Oh, combining them like that would work but it would still be pretty big. I mean, you can only squish them in so tight.

((Tanks or other armoured vehicles.))
Ask what tanks or other armoured vehicles are available. Even old models.
"In the case of treaded, armored vehicles, we have several. Do you you care about the size or the armaments? Whats your price range?"

((There's something between three to five duplicates of some of the actions up there, PW. Also, I specifically left a bolded post saying that my previous action was edited, so yes, I would like to assemble that thing with the generator, please. :) ))
((This mission... it shall be glorious... im getting a tesla spear capable of hurling lightning bolts with incaculable precision and Lukas is finally gonna get to fire his chest cannon at something it can kill.

Also, is it considered bad form to bet on yourself to die in steves gambling pool?))
((Don't jinx it! D: I've still got to make the damn thing first!

Also, action edited in light of the extra donated token.))
((Whee! Time to get prototyping.))

"Okay... this should be good. Yeah. Some balance issues, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Let's make this thing."

Anton takes some time to carefully lay out a schematic for the weapon - not a complete one, but more of a conversion manual for the Rifle and Saber - then saves it to his pad and exits VR, going to the armory while thinking out loud.

"Так... поехали. Biggest expenditure is the Saber, at five. The generator should be two... I think, and the Rifle also two. Conversion parts... probably a token, not many of those. So, three over my total. Okay then, let's start with the saber and conversion parts. I think someone was selling laser rifles for a token..."

Go over to the Armory and purchase a Tesla Saber. Show the AM the conversion schematics and ask for the set of conversion parts if they're indeed just a token total. Then go and try to spend my last token buying a no-resale laser rifle from... Auron? I think it was Auron. Unholy's character. Be totally surprised at receiving it for free.

Put out a general message over the wristpad:
Quote from: text message to:All, from: Anton Chernozorov
  Attention team Diamond Heart members, and anyone else really. I am currently constructing a prototype electrolaser rifle intended for planetside use. Whoever lends me 2 token to complete the prototype can take it on the next mission for field testing, and I'll return the tokens after my next mission as well. Prototype has been VR tested and proven effective.

edit: Receive extra token from Auron, and buy the generator for the rifle. Follow the manual that was made in Tinker, and assemble the weapon, making sure to only attach the most expensive part - the Saber - once the rig is complete. Test the weapon for weight and balance, then see if I can find any scrap metal to make a metal case for the forward part of it - both shifting the mass balance forward and protecting the Saber and battery compartment from damage.
[Handi:5]
You get the rifle made exactly as you wanted. Huh, thats convenient! You make several action poses with it.

Quote from: Xan->Doc
Give me a name that I'd realistically be able to kill.

The guy that looks like a viper fish. Whatever his name was.

5.Is there anything particular about that thing other then just being big and having teeth and claws for the stabby bites?
((It also has a pair of arms attached to the forelegs. And regeneration. And lots of eyes. And it gets a bit tougher each regeneration. And it has a lot of eyes. And acidic spittle. And a team of other psychotic supervillains who we are working on constructing a facsimile of.))

Because the coils would just interact and repulse each other. Basically you created a Gauss rifle IED.
((Well then.))

((And um...some people seem to have the same action two or four times...))
Yeah, this is what happens when the fucking forum decides to reject the post 5 times because it's too big and I have to copy paste massive chunks of text back and forth.

Whats the limit to that regeneration? If we nuked it would it die?

Jim heads over to Nyars and buys the largest package he can, looking for a green square with a horizontal line through it.
Done.

"Most interesting!" Stacy notes, dancing excitedly. Now... material. What sort of material could he use? Well... there is the obvious.

Take one of the rounds from the Gauss thingy and place it into the device. See if that does anything. If it doesn't, tear out some of own gray hair and put that in there.
You slip one of the gauss rounds in. It hums.

"ADD MORE OR WAIT" the screen commands.

((You forgot to borg me. Not that it matters, looks like I've got plenty of time before we go on mission anyhow. ))

Pancaek walks towards the infirmary and adresses the person on duty

"Dear sir and or madam, I grow weary of my squishy body. I demand..ah..politely ask that you put me into a standard robot body, please."

Go to infirmary, get borged, do the robot
"That will cost ya." Maurice says, idly poking at a data pad. "We give the bodies away for free to those who need them, not just those who want them. Though, for a small fee, I could arrange something."

((Missed my confession.))

Gorat sleep turns out to be more of a nap, as he jolts back up shortly after he laid down. Forgot about you guys, he thinks, and goes to the Armory Master.

"Excuse me, officer, but I've got something I really should have come with earlier. During the fight with Ivan, I opened up a flask from the mystery monger, and then I heard voices of dead HMRC members. They seem to be benevolent and want me to stay alive, it seems, but their strange nature is... I guess what I'm asking is if there is a way to determine whether I am a security risk."

Confess.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
The armory master shrugs.

"Have they controlled your body? Or made threats against you or other crew members? Or said anything else thats suspicious or frightening?"

Crawler: Doc's Experiment
((We already have Ivan and the rest of the Altered for that place.))

((Which reminds me, what if Steve is actually much older than we think and he created the altered to unite humanity?
Also, how can he talk to us if the ship has run out of quantum juice?))
(He's talking through the PA's or Radios. The Quantum communication is for faster then light transmission. And it's just the TV array that ran out. Though the Ship's array is low too.)

Ah. I didn't realize we'd be descending into atmo. Alright, thanks.

Return to failing at bullet hells!

"Man, I really wish I knew what the hell this Touhou thing is." You mutter, continuing to fail.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16699 on: September 05, 2013, 05:31:45 pm »

"Come on, daddy needs some new gear!"

Open the box, and examine contents.

((The phase suit, my goggles, and my current box are all Green Hexagons. My current box has a horizontal line. GAH. Ninja'd by the gm!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16700 on: September 05, 2013, 05:34:39 pm »

Put on MK2.
Go look for the lizard guy. Stay out of sight.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:02:55 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16701 on: September 05, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »

Pancaek kinda stands there, flabbergasted.

"the hell is this, everyone keeps saying that these things are practically free and now that I want one you want a bribe? What, am I going to have to rip off my own limbs to get a robot body? Because I will, I'll get blood and guts all over this place. Unless your "arrangement" is reasonable. Then we might be able to skip the flying limbs part. "

Say this to maurice, have a look on face that says "Im totally ready to rip off my own limbs"

((really, I did not see this coming. Now I just sold my MKII to get my decomp, thinking I could get a robo-body. Shit...))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16702 on: September 05, 2013, 05:42:27 pm »

"10 tokens.

any tracked armoured vehicles for 10 or less tokens.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16703 on: September 05, 2013, 05:43:04 pm »

Jim heads to the barracks as it's probably the least crowded area, then opens the box and examines the contents.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16704 on: September 05, 2013, 05:48:32 pm »

"the hell is this, everyone keeps saying that these things are practically free and now that I want one you want a bribe? What, am I going to have to rip off my own limbs to get a robot body? Because I will, I'll get blood and guts all over this place. Unless your "arrangement" is reasonable. Then we might be able to skip the flying limbs part. "

Say this to maurice, have a look on face that says "Im totally ready to rip off my own limbs"

((really, I did not see this coming. Now I just sold my MKII to get my decomp, thinking I could get a robo-body. Shit...))
Xan hears this.
If you want I could burn your limbs and torso to ash.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16705 on: September 05, 2013, 05:49:32 pm »

((@Pancaek: Charisma roll?)

"Wow, when you put it like that..." Flint paused as he contemplated the war for a few moments. "I hadn't realised we're starting a war that would last so long and have such an effect. Are you sure you want to sell those to me? They way you're talking about it, we could make some money for the war by selling this. Time travel and all. So, how much for 5 of those cigars? Or just 1?"

After he got his answer he continued.

"Could you help me understand something? I'm trying to think of why they will be people fighting against us. Are they simply afraid of change? Or is there a deeper reason? I'm thinking that if I knew the reason, I'd have better chances of persuading them to join us, to end fights nonviolently before they even begin. I... I don't want to hurt people, not if I can help it. I understand that the fighting is necessary. I just think that if I can save at least one man, I won't feel so bad for those I'll be forced to kill."
talk to AM
Also, how much does a large Nyars box cost?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:31:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16706 on: September 05, 2013, 05:51:16 pm »

You wanna buy a banjo? I'm just checking. I mean, I'm not complaining. I think It would be pretty neat to bring a banjo on missions, play it round the burning corpses and such.

I don't see any reason not to have a banjo.

So yes, buy banjo
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:53:47 pm by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16707 on: September 05, 2013, 05:52:56 pm »

Xan hears this.
If you want I could burn your limbs and torso to ash.
Pancaek looks at him, annoyed.

"Honestly, if I wanted to maim myself, I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself, thank you very much."

((no, no charisma roll, that can only end in pain))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16708 on: September 05, 2013, 05:53:58 pm »

You need a robot body and the only way you can do that is by being only a head. I can do that for you.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16709 on: September 05, 2013, 05:56:00 pm »

((Almost there!

And although a rapid fire Gauss cannon is a very enticing idea, if I get the universal manip I could probably just buy some gauss cannon ammo and fling those around.

By the way, when calculating your max mind pool, do you take every point into consideration, or only when there would also be a bonus to rolls (e.g. does 21 intelligence give more mind pool than 20 intelligence?)).

1) How powerful is a AoW heavy laser (cutting laser or other equivalent)? How long does its battery last? How many tokens for extra batteries?
2) How many tokens for extra rapid fire Gauss cannon magazines?
3) So, I could get a standard humanoid AoW that comes installed with a universal manip and either a heavy laser or the rapid fire Gauss cannon?
4) How did that voice weapon that Erik used work (the one that forced people to do will check)?  Was it an amp? If yes, is there a manip or technological equivalent?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:47:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 ... 2101