_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5714128 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Unlimited Banjo Works
« Reply #16785 on: September 06, 2013, 06:01:44 am »

((WEll i know that personally, I am going to get most of what I need 1st, which includes a Milno inspired Mk3, with a kinetic shunt added))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16786 on: September 06, 2013, 06:19:31 am »

((Then again, I suppose repairing him would be handiwork anyways. Though it assumes that the cybernetics are done in such a fashion that the majority of a limb would be connected to a kind of baseplate, and so is easy to detach for repairs.))

Deposit the samples, then find Flint and detach the parts of his legs that weren't cut off, and repair them with the bits I brought back.
(Gonna need to tell me how you want those labeled or I'm just gonna catalog them as "Unlabeled stone")
[aux:6-1(Bishop help)]
You get both pairs of flint's mechanical legs attached and working. You give him a long lecture on the benifits of not cutting off your own legs before heading to the lab to deposit the samples.
((Both pairs: 2*2=4 and last time I checekd, I do not have 4 legs.))

((But you do, or did. Your suit's mechanical legs, and your own mechanical legs. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16787 on: September 06, 2013, 06:32:27 am »

((Yeah, that's what I mean. I find it kind of fun that I refer to both myself, Flint and Flint's exosuit as "me". Mostly because it confuses others. I should probably be more precise to avoid confusion...

I wonder about the people of the future. Will they call their virtual and mechanical extensions "me", if they use them long enough? That's an interesting thought. Seeing as I have been doing that, both IC and OOC.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16788 on: September 06, 2013, 07:05:34 am »

((It was a Large Green Hexagon with Horizontal line.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16789 on: September 06, 2013, 07:15:08 am »

Also that thing is gonna murder you to death if it's created as you talked about. I mean, just the fact that it can fucking regenerate endlessly kinda kills the chance of winning.
((Cheat. The PRT did it, you can too! Or destroy Ned before he can turn all Crawlery. But yeah, Crawler's not the best guy to test weapons on since he can survive having much of his brain shunted into another universe...and pretty much everything else...))

i asked about getting a robot body but the damn nurses tried to extort bribes out of me whereas the doctor seems to think that volunteering for the procedure is payment enough.
Plus you know, he might be convinced to breed or clone one instead of using gene therapies. then i could ride a biological heavy weapons platform whilst piloting a mechanical heavy weapons platform.

((Awesome.))

((oh god... how did i even...))
((I know! I would have thought you'd cauterize the wound, too.))

(No problem. Word of advice though: Attack without provocation and Jim somehow finds out about it in-character, I'll probably have to do something about it. Get him to agree to a duel, and I have no need to do anything whatsoever. :P)
((Obvious choice: Challenge him to a duel then incinerate him! Or go the full Welch route and retroactively declare it a duel.))

((From what I've gathered, the Sword (or the entire HMRC?) has turned against the UWM government and is doin' some kinda revolution-y stuff.
Right?
Stats-wise, I've no idea. I know I temp-died at least once, probably twice if I've been on two missions. :P I'm bad at staying alive in this game. I might have to trawl back through the thread and find stuff.))
((For reference, an 11-year-old with no weapons or combat skills and with an MK I survived his first mission [physically] unscarred. You are either good at dying or bad at getting lucky.))

Crawler: Doc's Experiment
((We already have Ivan and the rest of the Altered for that place.))
((Please fill me in.))
((The altered: biological monstrosities with the ability to modify and enhance themselves incredibly fast, both as a species and as individuals, in order to become better suited to tackle the  problems they face...
((Can you load him into the simulator?))

((Protip on Crawler-fighting: Hit hard, hit fast. Destroy the entire body down to at least a cellular level before it can regenerate. Or get around that by making it not Crawler or screwing with time to make it freeze in place or something.))

((And finally: Has the activity died down enough that we can have people messing around in Tinker and stuff for fun?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16790 on: September 06, 2013, 07:16:38 am »

((Please fill me in.))
((The altered: biological monstrosities with the ability to modify and enhance themselves incredibly fast, both as a species and as individuals, in order to become better suited to tackle the  problems they face...
((Just pick Battle of Hexbarax in VR, and you'll see plenty of examples. :) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16791 on: September 06, 2013, 07:20:40 am »

((Please fill me in.))
((Just pick Battle of Hexbarax in VR, and you'll see plenty of examples. :) ))
((Can I load Crawler into the Battle of Hexbarax?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16792 on: September 06, 2013, 07:25:09 am »

"Right now? Box of twenty is 3 token. Really though, you should be expecting a heck of a lot of things to change. I mean, Once we take over we can end the Tech advancement bans that have stifled advancement. We can end the biotech bans too, if we want. Combined with our time jumping you may find yourself with more to worry about then selling cigars."
"That sounds excellent! It will be good to have humanity in the way of progress again. One of the reasons i was sent here was support for genetic modification, although I guess that was more of my planet's UWM governor fault than a fault of the UWM as a whole. He was very strict with those kind of things. But I guess putting a religious nutjob in command of a planetary system tends to do that for you." A future where the progress of humanity is not obstructed by the damn UWM. I wish my friends were alive to see this. If I'm good at my job, if we succeed on what we set out to do, then we'll be able ensure what happened to me doesn't happen to anyone else.

"Anyway, like I said, progress for humanity sounds like a good thing. And an interesting thing. I'm very excited and curious about what the technology of the future will bring us. Never thought I'd see something like that in my lifetime. FTL travel sure has its benefits. I just hope we don't end up with more quiet worlds."
"A lot of the soldiers you'll be fighting aren't exactly...normal. Mostly they're Sods; vat grow soldiers with minimal intelligence but good training and a complete lack of self preservation and single minded dedication to their tasks. Higher up you'll be fighting people who have more of a vested interest in their positions, or those who simply do not see the UWM as bad. You must remember that not every Magistar is hopelessly corrupt. Many people grow up and live perfectly comfortable and moderately fulfilling lives. The UWM isn't an evil empire; it's just giant and often corrupt or indifferent, drowning in bureaucracy. We're taking it down because it's on the edge of collapsing into worse things."
"Hmmm.. Thank you. As always, you've given good information and good advice. I'll try to use that the best I can." After some though he asked "Hey, wait a minute. If those guys are mindless zombies who are only following orders, where do they get their orders from? Don't they have a killswitch, an off button, don't we have some kind of way to spoof the people giving orders to render them harmless? Failing that, any advice you could give me while fighting them? Any weakness? Are they weak willed or easily fooled?" ((Fighting conservative zombies... sounds like LCS...))

Talk to the AM. Give 12 tokens and a promise of later payment of 5 tokens to Miyamoto in exchange for Gilgamesh.

>Doesn't work. A sentient being must complete the work themselves. Otherwise it doesn't work.
((Oooh... Interesting.))

((Can I load Crawler into the Battle of Hexbarax?))
((One guy loaded some XCOM forces there, so I don't think you'll have a problem. You can summon other inmates, movie heroes (didn't May summon one of those?), weapons, pies, anything you can imagine really. Assuming the VR has enough processing power to handle it. So no summoning an entire universe unless it's abstracted. You can also modify it, like have all the altered become cuddly kittens or something.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:31:50 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16793 on: September 06, 2013, 07:50:58 am »

((...I might set the Slaughterhouse Nine against the Altered and see what happens.))
Sig

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16794 on: September 06, 2013, 07:55:31 am »

((Just gonna say it now: Worm is an AWESOME read. If you have no idea who this crawler thing is or who the Slaughterhouse Nine are (protip: They live up to their name), then make sure to read this to find out and have your mind blown by sheer awesome: http://parahumans.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/1-1/

So. Good.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16795 on: September 06, 2013, 07:58:25 am »

((...I might set the Slaughterhouse Nine against the Altered and see what happens.))
Probably the same thing that would happen if you replaced all the seats in an olympic stadium with sentient blenders.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16796 on: September 06, 2013, 08:00:47 am »

((Just gonna say it now: Worm is an AWESOME read. If you have no idea who this crawler thing is or who the Slaughterhouse Nine are (protip: They live up to their name), then make sure to read this to find out and have your mind blown by sheer awesome: http://parahumans.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/1-1/
So. Good.))
((Quite.))

Probably the same thing that would happen if you replaced all the seats in an olympic stadium with sentient blenders.))
((Yes, but who would be the blenders and who would be the blendees? And how would the Altered react once Crawler and the Siberian got to work on them? And would their abilities be enough like superpowers that Hatchet Face would negate them?))
Sig

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16797 on: September 06, 2013, 08:06:59 am »

"fine, I'll find a way."

Pancaek leaves Maurice, and goes to the armory.

"Hi again, I have a...perhaps...somewhat...unusual request. See, I'm rather fond of the idea of being put inside of a robot body, but there's been a slight snag in that plan. I, uh.. *ahem*...I need to be decapitated. Any chance you're feeling the urge of gently removing my head from my shoulders, while leaving my brain intact? I know it's not exacly the most kosher of requests, but I don't exacly trust any of the other convicts enough to ask them to do it. You're kind of my last hope here, because I'm not sure wether I can rip off my own head with my mass amp. Never tried that before, obviously."

Ask AM to gently behead me, do puppy-eyes

((this can only end in pain, but I want that darn robot body))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16798 on: September 06, 2013, 08:11:09 am »

((Just make sure to explain to piecewise what things he doesn't know about are (ie. don't expect him to Google with the ship in thread in this state.)

And I think the only thing the altered have that could be said to be supernatural is their ability to organize and communicate with each other, although there's probably an in universe scientific explanation for that. That and their ability to modify themselves. But again, there's probably an explanation for that. And if you negate those two things they'll basically cease to exist as nothing more than biomatter.))

((And, if you're interested:
The "pregame" of Ivan's final(?) battle starts here: Don't poke the archdemon. With some lovely TV commercials.
Ivan's final(?) battle starts here: I told you. When someone had the brilliant idea to shoot him. At point blank range. Yeah.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:27:03 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16799 on: September 06, 2013, 08:12:03 am »

Quote from: GreatWyrmGold
((Yes, but who would be the blenders and who would be the blendees? And how would the Altered react once Crawler and the Siberian got to work on them? And would their abilities be enough like superpowers that Hatchet Face would negate them?))
((They would both be the blenders and the blendees, it is the end result that would be the same.

The altered have no psychokinetic powers so hatchet face would be severely gimped.
Also theres the whole altered infecting you if you get close to killing them thing so yeah... you might just end up creating mindless genetically supercharged versions of the slaughterhouse 9.))

((And, if you're interested:
The "pregame" of Ivan's final(?) battle starts here: Don't poke the archdemon. With some lovely TV commercials.
Ivan's final(?) battle starts here: I told you. When someone had the brilliant idea to shoot him. At point blank range. Yeah.))
((Well fuck me, it was Morul that started it... why am i not surprised?))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:19:50 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 2101