_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732853 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1695 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:50 pm »

Alright, lets proceed with the xeno-biological entity (I call them XBN's for short) profiling. Actually, could you perhaps ramp it up to 5 randomly-chosen alien species? I don't care if they're mechanical, organic, bio-mechanical, sentient, non-sentient, humanoid, arachnoidal, crystal-based, honestly, the more variety the better.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 24, 2012, 11:40:18 pm »

Thomas continues smoking. "I wonder if there was a way for me to control the shape of the laser." he mused.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1697 on: May 25, 2012, 12:24:32 am »

Basically, I'll just let you know that it already holds your arms and only arms still. It's not so much the general aim, as it is the fine aim, the ability to hit things exactly as you want. You're gonna get about a -1 at short range or anything thats moving very fast and a +1 on long or slow moving target.
((Thanks for clarifying things. But I guess I'll risk hitting my teammates with friendly fire until Milno learns how to do it properly.))

He tries once more the same dodging Shunt dummy situation, but with the program off and without wielding both weapons at the same time. He alternates between the rifles instead. He wants to force the shunt-wearing dummy to its extremes without necessarily expending the battery.

((I'm still thinking about the major weakness of a shunt, aside of course, from the fact it needs a skillful person and it can not support life by itself in the vacuum. Not been overly bright these days, but I guess I'll crack it.

Uh-oh wait. I may have an idea. Or maybe two. Well, they'll need testing.))
(I'll give ya a hint. The weakness is a lot less complex then you probably think. You already have the information you need to guess it.)

You alternate firing, slinging one rifle over your shoulder, firing, and then switching. Most of the time the shunt blocks it with various effects, but occasionally it doesn't seem to quite block all of the force, resulting in points of red hot molten metal and large dents in the suit.

Continue my studies, nothing can be THAT complicated.
Remember, in these situations you automatically get the same roll again unless you do something to change the situation. Otherwise it gets silly.

Enter battle simulation against three opponents with MkII suits and laser rifles. Choose MkI suit and laser rifle for self. Let battle take place in derelict ship.
You want to designate starting positions for everyone or just let me do it? I'm thinking a derelict cargo ship with 3 wandering guards. 

With a smile approaching glee, Neil grabbed his order. "Finally!" He walks into the lunchroom satisfied but hungry.
You slip your hand lasers on and stow your extra batteries in your pocket before heading down the hall, following the signs denoting "Mess hall." The signs lead you to a large cafeteria room with a rec room on the opposite end. A food dispensing machine and menu/ordering board is set up in one wall.

Alright, lets proceed with the xeno-biological entity (I call them XBN's for short) profiling. Actually, could you perhaps ramp it up to 5 randomly-chosen alien species? I don't care if they're mechanical, organic, bio-mechanical, sentient, non-sentient, humanoid, arachnoidal, crystal-based, honestly, the more variety the better.
Purely random or any are there any filters you'd like to put on that?

Thomas continues smoking. "I wonder if there was a way for me to control the shape of the laser." he mused.
Uh, to what degree? Please expand upon your idea.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 25, 2012, 12:28:45 am »

((Lightsaber. All I think of is light saber. Then, lifesaving cauterizing knife. Then lightsabers again.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 25, 2012, 12:36:47 am »

Enter battle simulation against three opponents with MkII suits and laser rifles. Choose MkI suit and laser rifle for self. Let battle take place in derelict ship.
You want to designate starting positions for everyone or just let me do it? I'm thinking a derelict cargo ship with 3 wandering guards. 

((Sounds good. I'll let you do it if that is okay with you. Only one request: don't put me in their direct vicinity and don't put all three of them in one spot...Thanks  :D))

((Edit: I guess that is two requests))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 25, 2012, 12:37:08 am »

Look specifically towards the end of the cyber-spider legs for anything that would allow them to grip to walls or ceilings.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:56:21 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1701 on: May 25, 2012, 01:28:22 am »

((Lightsaber. All I think of is light saber. Then, lifesaving cauterizing knife. Then lightsabers again.))
A cutting torch is pretty much already that.

((Sounds good. I'll let you do it if that is okay with you. Only one request: don't put me in their direct vicinity and don't put all three of them in one spot...Thanks  :D))

((Edit: I guess that is two requests))
The menu fades and a new world loads around you. You're crouched in a corner behind a large metal shipping container in an extremely dark room. Everything is rocking slightly and there is a distant sound of footsteps on metal. There's light coming from somewhere to the left, but you can't see the source.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 25, 2012, 01:55:17 am »

No parameters. I want to see how interesting our knowledge of XBN's are, and how diverse this place's life is. Hell, actually, put in as many random aliens, plant, animal, sentient, non-sentient, aquatic, avian, humanoid, just anything.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 25, 2012, 01:58:33 am »

"Huh, just like old times", Lukas thought to himself.

Carefully look past the box. If safe, try to crawl closer in the general direction of the footsteps, while keeping low.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 25, 2012, 06:44:33 am »

Milno stays very far away from the dummy, leaving the latter sitting on the ground and distracted. He calls up a gauss rifle with the sniper attachment, activates the dual-wielding for dummies and shoots the Shunt dummy from hiding in such a way the dummy doesn't see it coming.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 25, 2012, 07:31:03 am »

To both girls ( no need to roll):
Sorry for that, I have a little problem with my personality...So, who is this Elisaz? Some guy that got away from here? And what kind of mission is that girl Feyri on? Should we all take part in missions?

Last question, is there any place for studying or training here?

Take a look at the rec room. Search for anything to do.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 25, 2012, 08:26:26 am »

(( Shit, I overslept, and now this waits for me because of that.  :-[ I'm very sorry it ended like this, PyroDesu.  :(
Also, I meant just the generall wall, not the particular section Nekarios was stuck in - just instead of standing right in the middle of the hall, lean towards one of the walls, the one which should probably have lowered my chances of friendly fire.))
What the xenos trickery?..
Snap out of it, and blast, blast and blast the sentinel with as many shots I can get - while dodging its incoming attacks (if any) while the pulse is charged.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1707 on: May 25, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »

No parameters. I want to see how interesting our knowledge of XBN's are, and how diverse this place's life is. Hell, actually, put in as many random aliens, plant, animal, sentient, non-sentient, aquatic, avian, humanoid, just anything.
I'll take a while to get this all sorted out for you and reply back later, but I don't want to keep everyone else held up.

"Huh, just like old times", Lukas thought to himself.

Carefully look past the box. If safe, try to crawl closer in the general direction of the footsteps, while keeping low.
You peak around the box and look for the source of the illumination. The light is coming from an open bulkhead door at the end of the room. You creep out of behind the box and over toward the door. There's a stairway up to the next level illuminated by loose hanging bulb.

Milno stays very far away from the dummy, leaving the latter sitting on the ground and distracted. He calls up a gauss rifle with the sniper attachment, activates the dual-wielding for dummies and shoots the Shunt dummy from hiding in such a way the dummy doesn't see it coming.
The shot tears right through the dummy and keeps going, seemingly unabated.

Sorry for that, I have a little problem with my personality...So, who is this Elisaz? Some guy that got away from here? And what kind of mission is that girl Feyri on? Should we all take part in missions?

The rec room seems to have a plethora of things to do: Vr machines, television, ping pong and air hockey, sparring ring and computers.

(( Shit, I overslept, and now this waits for me because of that.  :-[ I'm very sorry it ended like this, PyroDesu.  :(
Also, I meant just the generall wall, not the particular section Nekarios was stuck in - just instead of standing right in the middle of the hall, lean towards one of the walls, the one which should probably have lowered my chances of friendly fire.))
What the xenos trickery?..
Snap out of it, and blast, blast and blast the sentinel with as many shots I can get - while dodging its incoming attacks (if any) while the pulse is charged.
[con:4+1] You fire a single shot directly into the center of the sentinel, burning a path straight through it. The sentinel screeches and begins to deform as it charges a shot.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1708 on: May 25, 2012, 02:19:36 pm »

"No. Yes. No. N...I don't know that one. And, yes."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 25, 2012, 02:23:28 pm »

"Elisaz was my daddy. He's gone now. Feyri is on a mission on a moon or something somewhere. All of these missions revolve around getting something for the H.R.M.C. You do these missions, collecting tokens on the way to buy things from the Amory Master to improve your chances of survival, because people die a lot. After 10, you're let go, and any crimes your criminal record is wiped clean. Unless you volunteered here. That's just when your volunteering is done.

I think there's a library, and you can train in the Virtual Reality Simulators."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 2101