_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5783170 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1755 on: May 26, 2012, 10:04:08 am »

"What do you do in a VR, voice?"

@May : "Do you have an idea of what one is supposed to do in a VR?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 26, 2012, 10:14:01 am »

"What do you do in a VR, voice?"

@May : "Do you have an idea of what one is supposed to do in a VR?"

"You play around, come up with battle scenarios, tinker with virtual tools to see what you can make. Stuff like that."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1757 on: May 26, 2012, 10:18:30 am »

"... Oh. OK. First, I suppose I'll see how inept my steel pipe is against modern technology ..." Empyrean says, before loading herself with a MKII and an analogue to the steel pipe weapon made earlier.

Random battle scenario. But with me and May as what we inputted.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:03:02 pm by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 26, 2012, 10:35:14 am »

Save design for my cybernetic legs ((Picked that specific design because the joint type would allow me to run faster, as well as being shock absorbing for falls (Though that was not inspired just because of Mission Team's predicament, it's just a by-product.))) and open a new project, looking up current armor materials, both against ballistics and non-ballistics..
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:57:57 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 26, 2012, 10:54:40 am »

May loads herself up with an MKIII suit also and joins Empyrean in her simulation.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 26, 2012, 11:54:41 am »

Milno checks for the price of the visual cloaking devices.
These:
The simplest don't do much other then change the color of the suit to match the surroundings in a dynamic fashion, while the most advanced can render you completely invisible as long as you're not moving, and damn hard to see otherwise.

Edit:@Skyrunner
Random battle scenario.
((Bad, bad idea. The last random battle scenario generated had the player as a giant cactus versus a sentient chow mein bowl. At least now you get to test the GM's extensive cactus combat system, CCS for short.))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:59:10 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 26, 2012, 11:57:38 am »

Thomas plugs the cutting torch into his power pack and sees how intense he has to make it to be able to cut through walls and battle suits with ease.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1762 on: May 26, 2012, 12:03:24 pm »

Random battle scenario.
((Bad, bad idea. The last random battle scenario generated had the player as a giant cactus versus a sentient chow mein bowl. At least now you get to test the GM's extensive cactus combat system, CCS for short.))
[/quote]

((I clarified. Me and May as what we input.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 26, 2012, 12:06:02 pm »

((I clarified. Me and May as what we input.))
((You really should try pitting yourself against unarmed human dummies in either MkI or MkII suits. Random means you can still fight something nonsense in a totally bizarre setting. As in the bottom of the sea, fighting Aquaman. Or SpongeBob.

Edit: Well, why am I being reasonable? Things may get funny.))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:52:26 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 26, 2012, 12:59:39 pm »

Lets try this out shall we?TELL MYSELF THAT LIKE FISH AND THEN GO TELL THE AM THANK YOU FOR EARLIER AND TELL HER ABOUT MY GUN. THEN ASK HER HOW TO MAKE IT SHOOT THOUGH ARMOR
fixing that will have to wait until i have access to a computer.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 26, 2012, 01:21:14 pm »

((Has anyone realized how misleading (or even worse, incredibly appropriate) the On Ship thread's usual titles are? I have the slight impression that some people have been scared by those before even taking a peek inside.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1766 on: May 26, 2012, 04:55:14 pm »

Oh. Thank you, really. That would certainly help.
Go to the cafeteria, look for a source of water, preferably boiling-hot. Also look for a mug (or whatever cup I used to pour the unknown drink in) and a straw. Open the box and examine its contents.
The third option for drinks on the menu board gives you water, however it's not boiling or even warm. Finding a mug is also a bit of a problem. Probably gonna have to ask for one somewhere.

As per the contents of the box, it seems to be filled with a bunch of dried leaves.

You crouch at the bottom of the stairs and wait for a long moment, watching and listening for any sort of movement. Everything is quiet. Your boots squeak slightly as you climb the stairs and peek out into the hall beyond. The corridor at the top of the stairs is just large enough for one man to walk through and lined on either side by bulkhead doors, 4 in total. The second door on the right is slightly ajar and there's light coming from within.

Quietly crouch to the second door on the right. Try to get a peek in the room to see if anyone is inside.
[dex:4+1] You make your way to the open door, slinking along like a shadow in slippers, clinging to the wall with your rifle at the ready. You make it to the door undetected and peak in. A man in a MK II suit is standing in the room with his back to you, messing with something you can't quite see.

Shrugging, Neil picks up the drink and tries it. "...Hopefully it's not too bad..."
The drink tastes vaguely fruity and tingles your mouth when you drink it. It leaves a sugary, syrupy aftertaste in the back of your throat.

"... Oh. OK. First, I suppose I'll see how inept my steel pipe is against modern technology ..." Empyrean says, before loading herself with a MKII and an analogue to the steel pipe weapon made earlier.

Random battle scenario. But with me and May as what we inputted.
You and may appear in what looks like a large open desert with no visible enemies around.

Milno checks for the price of the visual cloaking devices.
These:
The simplest don't do much other then change the color of the suit to match the surroundings in a dynamic fashion, while the most advanced can render you completely invisible as long as you're not moving, and damn hard to see otherwise.

Random battle scenario.
The systems vary by size, but for a standard MK suit the systems are between 3 and 15 tokens. The more expensive models require batteries as well, but aren't reliant on the armor they're used on. Cheaper models use the suit's power but can easily be disrupted if the suit is damaged.

Thomas plugs the cutting torch into his power pack and sees how intense he has to make it to be able to cut through walls and battle suits with ease.
That power pack of yours, thanks to the capacitors, will only generate relatively low power, remember? So it doesn't overload the things you attach it to? Speaking of which, you still need to modify any weapon you want to attach it to. As per cutting through battlesuits with ease...you're gonna need to get some pretty damn powerful power sources for that.

((Has anyone realized how misleading (or even worse, incredibly appropriate) the On Ship thread's usual titles are? I have the slight impression that some people have been scared by those before even taking a peek inside.))
Let me fix that for you.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 26, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »

Save design for my cybernetic legs ((Picked that specific design because the joint type would allow me to run faster, as well as being shock absorbing for falls (Though that was not inspired just because of Mission Team's predicament, it's just a by-product.))) and open a new project, looking up current armor materials, both against ballistics and non-ballistics.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas attempts to find the smallest form he could get a nuclear reactor into.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((As for the titles, I actually like the wacky ones...Well...))

Milno tries the cheapest cloaking device, calling up a setting with a distracted dummy with a laser rifle in a MkII. He tries to sneak from medium to short range and fire both weapons at point-blank range without being noticed.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 2101