_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5685875 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #18015 on: September 18, 2013, 01:01:38 am »

((If all goes well (heh), both the MDP and the gunner bot should mostly be in returnable condition. It's not like the defense team would get paid much either way. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18016 on: September 18, 2013, 01:14:25 am »

((If all goes well (heh), both the MDP and the gunner bot should mostly be in returnable condition. It's not like the defense team would get paid much either way. :P))
((Don't make it sound worse than it already is :I))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18017 on: September 18, 2013, 02:12:50 am »

((I still thing spending 13 14 tokens for little benefit is silly))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:39:09 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18018 on: September 18, 2013, 02:23:33 am »

((I still thing spending 13 tokens for little benefit is silly))
((If you mean the gunnerbot, then it's 14 token, and the benefit is a loyal, panic-immune teammate that can actually hit a target he's aiming at. Somewhat reliably.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18019 on: September 18, 2013, 02:24:35 am »

((I still thing spending 13 tokens for little benefit is silly))
((If you mean the gunnerbot, then it's 14 token, and the benefit is a loyal, panic-immune teammate that can actually hit a target he's aiming at.))
((Oh my god. I didn't know such a thing was possible.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18020 on: September 18, 2013, 02:31:29 am »

(( Depends on how 'little' the benefit is. I'd personally rather go into this over-prepared than under-prepared, especially as failure is more than 'we don't get paid' for this one. We don't really know what's going to be coming for us. And I find it hard to believe that the gunner bot would be a small benefit. The damn thing has a +3 in conv (or something close to that. We've only seen a gunner bot fire once before it was vaporized by jim XD) ))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18021 on: September 18, 2013, 02:36:04 am »

((Turns out the turret got replaced and reloaded. I suggest we give it to the person with the highest conventional weapons skill and give have the person with the highest dexterity in charge of the detonator. Probably a good idea to place it somewhere what we won't mind having an explosion.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18022 on: September 18, 2013, 02:40:45 am »

(( Make sure PW agrees with that, it may just be a records mistake, which has been happening kind of frequently lately :P ))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18023 on: September 18, 2013, 02:43:50 am »

Charles inquires about the prototyping status of his former weapon. Namely whether neutralizing too people chasing him without having to look back and starting an inferno in the hallway would be considered a successful test.
"A weapon which puts it's user in a full body prosthetic is probably not the best."

She gives you a rebuilt version of the rifle with the ammo you lost.

"Try again on this next mission."
((Yep, verified.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18024 on: September 18, 2013, 02:48:15 am »

(( Cool. Don't blow yourself up this time :P I'm not sure I want to know what will happen if we detonate those CFl3 rounds on the gangway XD ))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18025 on: September 18, 2013, 03:12:52 am »

"Ah whatever buy what you think is necessary"
Michael puts the invisibility cloak on fully, ready for the coming combat
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18026 on: September 18, 2013, 09:01:42 am »

((Now offering bet, will there be more casulties due to enemy action or friendly fire?))
((What do you think?))

Unless you're talking about uranium-tipped rounds, I don't think using thermo-nuclear rounds is something we're up for.
((What?))

"What are you sorry for, Miss Feyri?"
Feyri ruffled Grate's hair as she stood alongside the others after the call was sounded--and after their moment together.
"Personal things, Grate. I should've told you this earlier." But it isn't too late.
Now! Now! Now!

"I mean, I am sorry. I am sorry for thinking that you couldn't handle it."
She looked directly at Grate and abandoned her breach and attack stance, leaning on her rifle.
"Everyone else is scurrying off, leaving you and me and Lyra and probably a few others at the hangar doors. I had committed the most basic failure a leader can commit, and I am shamed by it. I've underestimated my teammates use, and-well, ok, not totally underestimated, but that was the initial thought behind the intent. So..I looked over you two, and was all protective-y. I had thought of giving a speech about the horrors of war and all, as well as the fact that wars only look glamorous on the storyboard or in history class. But not in reality.
"I had hated Steve for what he had done, deep down in the only place where I am 'safe'-in my thoughts of why they were sending children and innocents (yeah, I checked the reason on why you were sent here..sorry)-until I realized that it was his job to watch over us too, no matter how jaded he got. So cue me going into a ponderous mood back on the mission, questioning on why and how we were going to accomplish this, and how to deal with all fronts. It is an easy thing to be a leader, but it isn't easy leading well.
"So cue my own worries plopping up and creating a huge landslide when they shouldn't have. All until that incident. So to cut it short, I am sorry for doubting you and Lyra--both of you deserved far more than that, and I can quite understand now why Steve has such and such an attitude. I should've put more faith on you two.

"...Now you know why I don't want to be a leader, but will take up the mantle only if none other shall. I-I can't do these things right. Hah.
"

"...It's okay, Miss Feyri." Grate continues huging Feyri, which really should result in a title change.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18027 on: September 18, 2013, 09:03:43 am »

((Continuing my spree of randomly drawing stuff I come up with, here's a sketch of the Drone Carrier variant of the Modular Combat Suit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, those are hand lasers. No idea why. And rocket boots. The thing carries all that fuel to keep the drones operational, might as well use it for "leaping tall building in a single bound". :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18028 on: September 18, 2013, 09:33:03 am »

Briefly glare at AM and melt the metal off with my amp.
[Will:5+1]
[will:1+1]
You stumble about dizzily as the world seems to warp around you, phantom people running in and out of the room, time passing at an amazing rate.
((All ammo is destroyed. The weapon likely is as well. The designer of it, Victor, left the schematics in the armory and VR... we could make more, but well, if it gets hit by a stray bullet...))
((Yeah, magazines that explode on command only sound like a good idea on paper. In practice, for something you have to hold right in front of you to shoot...))

"Well, I guess this is it. Let's get this revolution started."

Anton unslings the Gauss Rifle, swaps the magazine for a full one, and goes to stand ready at the back of the group waiting for the attack order.

Or, well, the defend order. Either or.

Anton, Battle mechanic, loads up and gets ready to fire indiscriminately for the betterment of mankind.

"Ah whatever buy what you think is necessary"
Michael puts the invisibility cloak on fully, ready for the coming combat
You drape the cloak over your head and run around like a light displacing ghost, howling at everyone nearby.

((Now offering bet, will there be more casulties due to enemy action or friendly fire?))
((What do you think?))

Unless you're talking about uranium-tipped rounds, I don't think using thermo-nuclear rounds is something we're up for.
((What?))

"What are you sorry for, Miss Feyri?"
Feyri ruffled Grate's hair as she stood alongside the others after the call was sounded--and after their moment together.
"Personal things, Grate. I should've told you this earlier." But it isn't too late.
Now! Now! Now!

"I mean, I am sorry. I am sorry for thinking that you couldn't handle it."
She looked directly at Grate and abandoned her breach and attack stance, leaning on her rifle.
"Everyone else is scurrying off, leaving you and me and Lyra and probably a few others at the hangar doors. I had committed the most basic failure a leader can commit, and I am shamed by it. I've underestimated my teammates use, and-well, ok, not totally underestimated, but that was the initial thought behind the intent. So..I looked over you two, and was all protective-y. I had thought of giving a speech about the horrors of war and all, as well as the fact that wars only look glamorous on the storyboard or in history class. But not in reality.
"I had hated Steve for what he had done, deep down in the only place where I am 'safe'-in my thoughts of why they were sending children and innocents (yeah, I checked the reason on why you were sent here..sorry)-until I realized that it was his job to watch over us too, no matter how jaded he got. So cue me going into a ponderous mood back on the mission, questioning on why and how we were going to accomplish this, and how to deal with all fronts. It is an easy thing to be a leader, but it isn't easy leading well.
"So cue my own worries plopping up and creating a huge landslide when they shouldn't have. All until that incident. So to cut it short, I am sorry for doubting you and Lyra--both of you deserved far more than that, and I can quite understand now why Steve has such and such an attitude. I should've put more faith on you two.

"...Now you know why I don't want to be a leader, but will take up the mantle only if none other shall. I-I can't do these things right. Hah.
"

"...It's okay, Miss Feyri." Grate continues huging Feyri, which really should result in a title change.
Don't make me change the title to "Feyri needs android Lov'n"

((Continuing my spree of randomly drawing stuff I come up with, here's a sketch of the Drone Carrier variant of the Modular Combat Suit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, those are hand lasers. No idea why. And rocket boots. The thing carries all that fuel to keep the drones operational, might as well use it for "leaping tall building in a single bound". :P))
(Note to self, Kidnap Blackmail Threaten commission Sean for art works in future.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18029 on: September 18, 2013, 09:52:23 am »

Recheck gear and drone.  Play Banjo Interlude.
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 2101