_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5731665 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Remember the Alamo.
« Reply #18150 on: September 19, 2013, 10:53:43 am »

((Woot, another metric user. Why don't you Americans accept the SI units, would make everything smoother))
((As an American, I agree. I have been trying to get myself to get used to metric, but that's mostly meant I've memorized conversion factors. Not that it matters much; I'm not good at envisioning what "10 ft/3 m" or "15 feet" or "17 cm" is, anyways.))

((I personally think everybody that uses the metric system is irrevocably evil to the very bone and should be ritually burned to please the Standard Units God.))
((...SIU is metric.))

((I personally think everybody that uses the metric system is irrevocably evil to the very bone and should be ritually burned to please the Standard Units God.))
((But you use metric as well.))
((no I didn't, you must have read that wrong.
Ahem.))
((Boo! Ninjeditors!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18151 on: September 19, 2013, 10:55:28 am »

((You sure they aren't those people like 80's/90's gamers, all "you took all the difficulty out of it! Effort makes it worthwhile! I want my baker to count my change on his fingers! For at least two whole minutes!"))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: September 19, 2013, 10:55:54 am »

T. gives a happy Whoop" and begins setting up his explosive booby-trap at the hangar door. (1/8kt ch remote)

((Those are a bit too dangerous for usage in enclosed spaces or as a booby trap in most cases. It is bound to kill everyone not in a battlesuit in a radius of at least one mile or more, if I remember correctly.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18153 on: September 19, 2013, 10:56:43 am »

((Also you gotta remember 10 when using metric, every increase or decrease in unit for the same thing is by a factor of 10, or a multiple of a factor of 10, which is easy to remember, and is it's main advantage over Imperial))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18154 on: September 19, 2013, 10:57:34 am »

((Well, that's what one gets for doing 4 things at a time: 1 thing you do acceptably well, 2 things you half-ass, and for the last thing you start typing the wrong things so badly that it says the opposite of what you meant. And Cthulhu gets summoned, presumably.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18155 on: September 19, 2013, 11:07:35 am »

((Also you gotta remember 10 when using metric, every increase or decrease in unit for the same thing is by a factor of 10, or a multiple of a factor of 10, which is easy to remember, and is it's main advantage over Imperial))
((And it has nice, logical transitions between different units. One cubic centimeter is about a milliliter; one milliliter of water is about a gram; etc.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18156 on: September 19, 2013, 11:08:07 am »

((By the way, good work Sean. Good to see people cranking out artwork.

Here's me hoping no team screws up (too much).))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18157 on: September 19, 2013, 11:19:53 am »

((And it has nice, logical transitions between different units. One cubic centimeter is about a milliliter; one milliliter of water is about a gram; etc.))

((A milliliter is exactly a cubic centimeter. They're two names for the same thing.

The usual argument for using the Imperial system is either that it's too ingrained to get rid of or that it is more pertinent to everyday life - say, the Fahrenheit scale (which I personally despise due to its abysmal conversion formula) has far more nuance in the human-acceptable temperature range that corresponds to 0 to 30 degrees Celsius.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18158 on: September 19, 2013, 11:22:12 am »

Steve, if you sense that I'm about to overload, can you shut me down? I still don't have a decomp. No, shut up you ballerina xeno filth. I don't need your table.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18159 on: September 19, 2013, 11:30:27 am »

((A milliliter is exactly a cubic centimeter. They're two names for the same thing.

The usual argument for using the Imperial system is either that it's too ingrained to get rid of or that it is more pertinent to everyday life - say, the Fahrenheit scale (which I personally despise due to its abysmal conversion formula) has far more nuance in the human-acceptable temperature range that corresponds to 0 to 30 degrees Celsius.))
((The only argument I have for the Imperial system is that it's easier to communicate vocally. You can say "two miles" or "ten inches" quicker and with less capacity for misunderstanding than "three kilometers" or "twenty-five centimeters". Metric is much better for measuring and performing calculations, and it's quite acceptable for text conversations and written information, but for speaking Imperial is just a little bit more convenient.

...Maybe Americans just like to talk a lot, and don't like writing and maths?

<_<

*flees*))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: September 19, 2013, 11:32:03 am »

((they just say 'three klicks' here.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: September 19, 2013, 11:58:31 am »

Attempt to (finally) get that Mobile Drone Platform with team funds, then move out onto the gangway!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18162 on: September 19, 2013, 12:10:00 pm »

((Except that milliliters are of fluid and okay I just had some doubt at the last second and added the "about".))
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18163 on: September 19, 2013, 12:51:08 pm »

Move into the hanger and look for any armed non-HMRC personell. if I see any, "pierce" (bullet-like clumps of non-hardened sand sent at high speed through their vial organs, except because I can actively control these as they fly, they're effectively homeing) them with my sandbag. once the hanger is clear of threats, then move on to the gangway, with the same reaction to armed non-HMRC personnel.

((I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((and now you've figured out part of why Lyra is so hyper-sensitive to certain stimuli))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18164 on: September 19, 2013, 01:56:10 pm »

((I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((and now you've figured out part of why Lyra is so hyper-sensitive to certain stimuli))
((Um...argh...why do you keep doing this to me? Poor Lyra...))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 2101