_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732637 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Sprint back to the rec room and attempt to walk up the wall in there.
You hop out of bed and run back to the rec room, and try to walk up the wall. You manage to do so, though you feel a good bit more unstable then before. The other people in the rec room look a bit surprised by Robo-pan and his walk walking act as well.

You prop your rifle up on the door and aim at the top of the stairs. You hear the footsteps continue thudding around upstairs for a few minutes sometimes coming close to you, but never coming to the stairs.

Keep quiet for a little while longer and look around for other possible entries from the floor above me but also keep an eye on the top of the stairs regularly. If the footsteps move away again, try to get hand free from the door. Else, shout for help, hopefully confusing the person upstairs.
You can't see any other entrances from where you are and the footsteps have stopped, so you try again to get the door off of you. [str:2-1] You manage to somehow wedge your hand even more tightly in place.

(( Okay. Then, I guess, I'll pass the turn(s) until the 'tea' wears off. Just mention when I can act again, OK? :) ))
Holy Magisters, that was a mistake indeed.
Aw, not even gonna enjoy your new astral-projecting? Fine, you're back in your body. Less leaves next time. One or two should do it. :P

Thomas heads to the TV after shutting down the VR. He flips through channels, looking for exctiting media.
Anything in particular you're looking for? More Jello wrestling?

Call up reasonable list of affordable robots.
The program asks you to define affordable. It also asks you what kind of robots you'd like (lest it gives you a bunch of automatic coffee machines and assembly line robotic arms.)

Get away from giant worm thing.
[dex:1] You attempt to take a step and actually somehow kick yourself in the faceplate. You fall to the ground in pain and confusion.

Empyrea's. And can I enter the simulation with heavy armor and my special gun, and my Tesla sward, please?
Well, you wouldn't need to hack in to just join the simulation.

You appear in E's simulation just as an enormous maw explodes from the ground and pulls you and the rest of the group into a pitch black gullet.

Oh, shit... Again. What the Hell - This is too soon for a second time. What the fuck is happening here?

Renen returns to the rec room, he looks for what he can do in a VR machine and if there is any training session happening, he joins it.
You return to the rec room and flop down in the VR machine. Seems like there are no "Training" sessions going, per say, but there is a multiperson Duel game going.

Ah, marvelous. I am quite fascinated by these siliconoids and the stone-crab-like organisms. Might we have any other inhabitants of their worlds on record? I will not trouble you for much longer, I am simply intrigued by xenobiological life and its vast array of possibilities. If possible, may I get one more from those two worlds? After that, I'll begin tailoring a simple scenario. Thank you.
Any specifics when looking for more from those planets or just more?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno checks how much it would cost to adapt his gas-spewing system to also be capable of sending forth a jet of acid from the internal canister, or if it would cost anything at all if the same fan was used or just upgraded.
He also analyzes the possbility of fitting two canisters, even if made smaller to fit in. The intention being spitting acid to destroy the armor first then spewing nerve gas or doomsday to kill the person.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get up and run to Empyrean.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Try to get my bearings. Who's around me? What's the environment like?

"Lesson learned: don't pick Random.," says E.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

. . . . . . Experiment time? Use the speech thingy to say sorry. And maybe tell them that i will fire at the ground. and then shoot at the ground. Just aim down and hope I dont shoot my feet.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Well, thanks, maybe another time  :P ))
Arghtpth! He spat. Then slowly and surely spilled all of the mug's contents on the floor. Then, pointing at the kettle, Nikitian said
Now, I wouldn't recommend drinking this recreational stuff, but if some you, comrades, like that kind of thing - sure, why not.
Now, ...

To xenos hell with rules!
Get into tinker. Get a big mug full of hot bland black tea, boiled to the point of being completely black and very bitter. Drink to the heart's content.
Ahhh, I missed it sooo much.
Examine the exoskeleton, the battlesuit and the Mk II suit in the search of hidden features and functions.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:55:47 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Get down from the wall and head into Tinker, look for materials that would create an effective ballistic shield at maximum 50mm thick, weight is a non-issue.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Affordable: 10 or fewer tokens
"Robot": Something that can move under its own power and be useful on missions, mainly by scouting, heavy lifting, or combat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Nope, just more. Hell, as many as you feel like including.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

You can't see any other entrances from where you are and the footsteps have stopped, so you try again to get the door off of you. [str:2-1] You manage to somehow wedge your hand even more tightly in place.

Think of other possible ways to free my hand from the door
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

((Chew it off! Duh.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((Chew it off! Duh.))

(I guess that would be the answer if I roll 1 on intelligence)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno checks how much it would cost to adapt his gas-spewing system to also be capable of sending forth a jet of acid from the internal canister, or if it would cost anything at all if the same fan was used or just upgraded.
He also analyzes the possbility of fitting two canisters, even if made smaller to fit in. The intention being spitting acid to destroy the armor first then spewing nerve gas or doomsday to kill the person.

Well, for acid you'd need a pump of some kind, not to mention you'll have to coat the system in something to repel the acid and stop it from effecting the metal of the helmet.

Get up and run to Empyrean.
Try to get my bearings. Who's around me? What's the environment like?

"Lesson learned: don't pick Random.," says E.
You fail around uselessly in the dark, groping at the fleshy walls around you while being thumped and jostled about. A faint, holographic rendering of

SORRY. GONNA SHOOT THE GROUND.

pops up a moment later.
(Try turning on your head lamps.)

. . . . . . Experiment time? Use the speech thingy to say sorry. And maybe tell them that i will fire at the ground. and then shoot at the ground. Just aim down and hope I dont shoot my feet.
[con:5-1] You fire your gauss propelled harpoon downward but can't see if it's done anything in the dark.

((Well, thanks, maybe another time  :P ))
Arghtpth! He spat. Then slowly and surely spilled all of the mug's contents on the floor. Then, pointing at the kettle, Nikitian said
Now, I wouldn't recommend drinking this recreational stuff, but if some you, comrades, like that kind of thing - sure, why not.
Now, ...

To xenos hell with rules!
Get into tinker. Get a big mug full of hot bland black tea, boiled to the point of being completely black and very bitter. Drink to the heart's content.
Ahhh, I missed it sooo much.
Examine the exoskeleton, the battlesuit and the Mk II suit in the search of hidden features and functions.
You summon up a big mug of tea and take a drink while examining the suits.
[Int:3+1] Hmm exoskeleton seems to have some sort of hidden feature, but you can't tell what it is.
[int:1] The battle suit appears to be made of a delicious mix of gingerbread and vanilla frosting.
[Int:3] The Mk II seems to have some sort of subsystem within its normal medical systems, but you can't tell what it does.

Get down from the wall and head into Tinker, look for materials that would create an effective ballistic shield at maximum 50mm thick, weight is a non-issue.
Probably the best shield, if weight is truly a non-issue, is the outer layer of starship armor. It's got reflective coating for lasers and several ablative layers of heavy plate armor for ballistic hits. It's also massively heavy and expensive.

Affordable: 10 or fewer tokens
"Robot": Something that can move under its own power and be useful on missions, mainly by scouting, heavy lifting, or combat.

Hmm, well you could get a stripped down gunnerbot for 10 token. There are plenty that would work for scouting in general, just small bots with cameras on them. Ones for heavy lifting vary greatly between what amount to forklift like robots to ones that are basically jaws of life with legs or robotic pack mules. Combat though, is a much more difficult proposition; the best you tend to get are things like gunner bots or automated turrets.

(It's not really been addressed, but pure robots in this universe are rather limited. For the sake of things like combat, you tend to see cyborgs or specially grown synth-flesh beasts. Basically when it comes to all purpose combat robots the Arbiters are the only ones around.)

Nope, just more. Hell, as many as you feel like including.
[Loading (again)]

Think of other possible ways to free my hand from the door
[int:3][intuition:3] Uhhh...well, you could probably pull...but harder.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn on head lamps. Inspect surroundings. Hold Empyrean's hand.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((I see, I see.

Also, does this mean Arbiters are completely robotic? Interesting. I was wondering if they were made out of anything organic.))

Examine cost of hand-sized spiderscout bot. Examine cost of gunnerbot but with laser rifle instead of coilgun. Examine cost of a robot the size of a small dog, with no purpose other than following me around and lifting, dragging, or carrying relatively heavy things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 2101