_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732482 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #18930 on: October 02, 2013, 11:26:26 am »

((Sounds like the invisible nade thing would be better for say, Proximity mines.
Theoretically we could now make INVISIBLE PROXIMITY NUKES.
Just remember, the UWM could probably do that too. Unless y'know, they are more sane then us :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18931 on: October 02, 2013, 11:55:12 am »

Volunteer to go check out the missing hangar.

Maybe the flare has something to do with it? A hangar is a much better place for a knife fight than here anyway...
Sounds like a team that might need medical support... If none of the other medics are willing to risk their lives on that, I'll go. I'll even leave some of the drones for the ship team to use.

Tentatively volunteer. Recollect all the drones back to their base station for recharging

"I wish to go, Steve! Put me in there, eh?"

Volunteer to go hangar-checking. Also, sell MKII suit, see how much I get for it. Don't need MKII suits if I've got a metal body! check how many tokens I could possibly obtain from turning in my MKII suit.
(like 3 tokens)

Reattach fingers, go on search.
"I shall go as well. Is it possible to take my APC?"

join search. Take APC of possible.
"Hrmm. I'll go searching too. In any case, I can always void back if needed. Love this suit. So many scouting possibilities.

Hand the detonators to the eight currently deployed claymores(those did get bought and deployed right), and keep the two for the two claymores I kept in my pockets. Estimate the length between the wall I'm at, and the building. Voidwalk to where I think the door is. Estimate the difference in distance. Go on search. Pick up Crazy knife from Xan, and slip it into a pocket.

((Hey Xan, I have some ideas for that knife. Would you be opposed to giving it up?))
(The difference in distance doesn't increase linearly. Nor does it increase exponentially. You can't really tell by what rule or measure it increases, but you can tell it's not fixed.)

"I'd go, but I'm not officially on the defence team. Have fun and say hi to the highly-trained UWM spooks for me."

"Didn't the UWM have synthflesh assassins?"
"I heard they employed aliens"
"really?"

If allowed to go, volunteer. Otherwise, Stay in cover, scan area, sod headspins, the usual.

((Who had that laser pyramid that used exo again? I might be interested to buy it. ))

"I guess camo will be handy for me...."
volunteer to go to this missing hangar

((Damn my time zone.))
T. motions towards his arsenal of small explosives with a short They'll need a demo guy wave.

Silently volunteer to go. ((I assume Steve will pick who goes and who is left behind.))

MKII suit
((May I borrow it? I'm still on Mk1.))

"I'll go. Directions, Steve?"

Follow directions, staying in cover as much as possible while being on the lookout for sods.

>My, thats a lot of you. Alright, well, as long as at least 5 people are going to be staying on the gangway to guard, thats fine. Once you're sure that the minimum of people are actually staying on guard, you all can head in and then to the right. You're gonna be in for a bit of a walk, the hanger is on the other side of this base and down a lot of stairs.

"So you're bad at everything but Aux. Ok. A cutting torch might work. Or drones. Or you might just not want to get into fights."
Grate nods sadly.
"What about when I need to fight? Like now?
"...Do you think that the Doctor or that Nyans person could help?"

Attention. I've been looking over the recent data I can find for things like ship arrivals, repairs, refittings, modifications to the base and so on. Something rather odd has caught my eye. Or should I say a lack of something. Things have been disappearing off manifests, and some numbers don't match up. An entire docking bay has gone missing in the last few months. If I had to guess, I'd say this is the work of UWM spooks, though what they were or are doing here and who they are I can't say. If there are a few people on the defense team willing to go take a look into this "Missing hanger" we might be able to learn more. 
Grate considers going, but he hears the voice of the AM in his head (literally, which reminds him of what she said a few seconds before).

"I know you're pretty young and several thousand years out of touch, but have you ever heard of Faust?"

I haven't been. The self mutilation only started recently, until then I was looking for other people to cut. Anyhow, here ya go. The cuts don't inflict pain and don't bleed, so keep that in mind.
Xan hands the knife over to Morul for borrowing for the mission.
Knife transfer complete.

Well, window is supressed.

I'll stay here, but ask Steve if the docking bay can be reached from outside
>It would take significantly longer to do so, but it is possible.

Attention. I've been looking over the recent data I can find for things like ship arrivals, repairs, refittings, modifications to the base and so on. Something rather odd has caught my eye. Or should I say a lack of something. Things have been disappearing off manifests, and some numbers don't match up. An entire docking bay has gone missing in the last few months. If I had to guess, I'd say this is the work of UWM spooks, though what they were or are doing here and who they are I can't say. If there are a few people on the defense team willing to go take a look into this "Missing hanger" we might be able to learn more. 
Anton raises an eyebrow at the announcement, for all the good it does behind the faceplate, but is otherwise unsurprised.

"Well what do you know, a whole planet can actually have large enough cracks for something to slip through them. Steve, as I recall you were fairly positive that the UWM couldn't hide a platoon of tanks around here that you wouldn't notice. You know, the possibility of a hidden squadron of gunships, or a whole another spaceship, now seems rather more concerning."

He looks around as people volunteer to go on the search, and briefly considers the options.

"You know, I think I'd rather stay here. Too many people leaving, not enough people to defend this place - and now we know that they'll be mounting a counter-attack. With that hangar bay? I wouldn't want to return here only to find this bridge bombed into oblivion."

Privately, though, he contacts Steve with a different message.
Quote from: text message to Steve
  Really though, how likely is it that we could be facing aerial assault here? Does the Sword have close-range defense systems? And... could we outfit a shuttle with some heavy weapons for such purposes?

Send message to Steve, stay and defend the gangway. Try to tap into the video feeds of the various cameras and drones floating about via the datapad, and keep a lookout for any movement in the windows.

>It's not ship based combat I'm worried about. The hanger that "vanished" is too small to hold anything thats a real threat to us. And any sort of hidden tank battalion or something similar would have a larger "footprint" then this, so to speak. I'm worried about individuals and defensive modifications to the base.

Best as I can surmise, some Magistar out there saw the defense fleet for this planet leaving and decided to send a spook or two down here to shore up the defenses, just in case. It explains why the sods are behaving as they are; either they were given a bit of extra training or their controllers weren't just sitting around in the control room.

((Putting this question here since it's information that will be more useful to people in this thread.))
Ask Steve: "Errm, that sounds bad. What kind of things have gone missing? Other than a hangar. It might give the investigation team some clues about what they're up against. And what kind of hangar? How big is it? Sword big? Or for ships like the one from my first mission?" said Flint as he scanned the hallway for danger. "It could give us an idea about how many of them there are. Even if they've made modifications after the hangar 'disappeared'."

Flint turned to his teammates. "Now I'm kind of worried about the other teams. Let's hope we can finish our work down here quickly so that we can send some of us up there to help them."

((Don't worry. You'll have plenty of sods to murderize. Hell, if I can, I'll just voidwalk right past any guards. Save some ammo.))
((I'm thinking, T has a nuke, you can voidwalk past them... If they're too much for you, you can just voidwalk to the center of the hangar, set up the bomb and explode them.))

EDIT:((Separated the PSDF team in my notes into people investigating and people staying back based on who volunteered.))

>The missing hanger is pretty small. The ship in it isn't going to be a problem, if it's even armed. Who came on it is the problem. As per whats missing: demolition charges, long range sensors and microphones, cameras, some weapons, the general guerrilla warfare kit. Over all, it's strange. They can't have been expecting us to do anything, so either these were just improvements made at a time very unhelpful to us, or they were expecting something else...Not sure what though.

I mentally shrug and pawn off the sandbag-construct. Upon which I'll ask the AM on Lyra's status-if I receive how she's been, and what she plans for the Doktor, then let said refund go to ensuring she gets what she needs.

...And if all that's trivial enough to be done, then..erm, inquire on the AM on what she suggests could be of aid against the latest UWM anti-infantry technology, or anti-technology devices.

"Good luck everyone. I'll be back here when you'll mostly all be going out."

She had a feeling that she won't be disappointed at their eager attitude.
You sell the sandbag for...how much was that....6 tokens because of it's slightly used and slightly bloody state. You now have 10.

5 of 7 tokens gathered. You're almost a catgirl. Do me a favor though. Write out a nice bulleted list of what you want for your new kawii form.
List Here!
Spoiler: Kitty stuff (click to show/hide)
EDIT:
If the doc wants to add or change things, I'm fully willing to consider them, but I want the option to say no on a per-item basis.
((and if anyone has suggestions for things for me to add to the list OOC, I'm willing to listen to them too. for example Paris's purring suggestion.))

Ok, lets see here...
[Doc restraint roll:4]

Ok so, that reworked MKI is kinda not the doc's thing, but in terms of what you woke up with:

You wake up and quickly check over your new body:
You got your cat eyes, you can tell that much since everything seems really bright till they adjust.
You got your ears and can wiggle them around, letting you focus on hearing things from different directions.
You got your enhanced sense of smell, something you kinda wish you didn't have right now since this infirmary smells like blood, sweat, disinfectant and death.
Your body is much more cat like in general. You can stand on your legs but you feel more natural on four legs. Your hands have become paw like, but still have the opposable thumb. They have little pads on each joint of your now shorter and stumpier fingers.
You've got your tail and your fur and your ability to not fall on your ass.
Your reflexes feel a bit better but nothing super human. Cat's aren't exactly ninjas after all.
You've got your fangs, not sure about their ability to inject things yet, and don't really want to test them on yourself.
And you can purr.

In terms of things you didn't ask for:

You can't seem to speak anymore. You can meow, but thats about it. Not like you talked a lot anyways though.

You are a bit catlike. You have a propensity for naps, being distracted by small moving objects and disliking water, among other things.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18932 on: October 02, 2013, 11:58:27 am »

Hurry and go to the hangar before anyone can object.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18933 on: October 02, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »

((Sounds like the invisible nade thing would be better for say, Proximity mines.
Theoretically we could now make INVISIBLE PROXIMITY NUKES.
Just remember, the UWM could probably do that too. Unless y'know, they are more sane then us :P))
((They DO have a large ammount of disposable troops though. Unlike us. Although next time we fight them, we may have a sod army backing us up as well.

Or whatever the doctor cooks up. Now there's a thought.))

EDIT:((Hahaha! Oh, Lyra is going to be so adorable. Flint needs to get some tuna, milk and string.
And the tail might actually make her more expressive.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:11:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18934 on: October 02, 2013, 12:07:31 pm »

Stacy's emoticon face briefly turns to a ": )" as he hears the offer of three tokens, but then it goes right back to ": D" as he realizes that he probably won't die of crushing boredom on the gangway now that he's volunteered for spook duty.

"I'll be seeing you later, Sandy! Not returning the suit yet, sorry!"

Keep the MKII suit for now - perhaps I can pawn it to someone for a bit more!

Dance excitedly to the gangway. Do a headcount of all the other idlers and wonder when Steve will be sure that there's at least five people still guarding. Meanwhile:

"Say, does anybody want to buy a time-tested MKII suit in fairly good condition? I can sell it to one of you for 4 tokens, payable in installments or all at once, your choice!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18935 on: October 02, 2013, 12:08:25 pm »

Got one already, nonflesh.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18936 on: October 02, 2013, 12:13:01 pm »

Lead fellow HMRC inmates to hangar.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18937 on: October 02, 2013, 12:15:23 pm »

Got one already, nonflesh.

"That's very nice, genocidal superbuddy, but my offer is addressed more at those of few funds and few means, those who would be glad to pay slightly less for a fully functional buffer against death and pain (as well as a chance to not need the skilled medical attention that our outfit is rightly famous for), a device for mitigating the weakness of their fragile fleshy bits!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18938 on: October 02, 2013, 12:16:48 pm »

Cat's aren't exactly ninjas after all.

Spoiler: Oh yeah? (click to show/hide)

((Quick, someone make LolLyra pics))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18939 on: October 02, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »

Walk to the indicated stairs, and to the hangar. Or, as far as I can walk in a turn.

Eh, this shouldn't be that much of a problem. If things are going missing, it's probably not a murderer! Maybe someone who could, or like, alien monsters of death, but maybe they're shy enough to let us get away. Hmm...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18940 on: October 02, 2013, 01:03:34 pm »

Ask Steve: "Any chance those UWM spooks could be captured with their brain intact enough for interrogation? Or do they have some sort of brain destroying suicide switch? Should we attempt to bring one back if we can find him?

Also, what's stopping them from taking a shuttle or rocket bike to the hangar?

Oh, and could you ask one of the nurses to question those civilians in the infirmary for anything they know about that hangar and the UWM people? Since my fellow HMRC members seem to be ignoring me."

@Defense team: "Any of you want to go to the infirmary and ask some of those injured civilians if they know anything about what's going on in that hangar and the rest of the base?"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:00:22 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18941 on: October 02, 2013, 01:29:40 pm »

EDIT:((Hahaha! Oh, Lyra is going to be so adorable.
((FTFY. The surgery is done.))

Flint needs to get some tuna, milk and string.
((Why?))

And the tail might actually make her more expressive.))
((It won't make her less expressive...))

"So you're bad at everything but Aux. Ok. A cutting torch might work. Or drones. Or you might just not want to get into fights."
Grate nods sadly.
"I know you're pretty young and several thousand years out of touch, but have you ever heard of Faust?"
Grate shakes his head.
"...Wait, several thousand years out of touch?"
((I don't recall Grate ever being told how long he was out. Or maybe he forgot.))

After that gets answered:
Get idea.
"Are there lab rats or something I could use on the Sword?"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:25:44 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18942 on: October 02, 2013, 01:35:55 pm »

((Also, Vich will be jealous of Lyra's standard issue invisible bike.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18943 on: October 02, 2013, 01:39:41 pm »

Quote from: Renen to Doc
So I imagine they are near the level of the Arbiters? Have you participated on their creation too, like the Arbiters? Can you teach me how to kill them?

So they already set fire on it. There's no apparent need for worry.

Send message. Stay on guard.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18944 on: October 02, 2013, 01:49:58 pm »

EDIT:((Hahaha! Oh, Lyra is going to be so adorable.
((FTFY. The surgery is done.))
((I was talking about when Flint meets her. Isn't she going to be a cat in the future too?
Although, now that I think about it, Flint has never seen a cat in his life and doesn't know what cats are, so he'll probably think she's some sort of mutant monster like the rest  of the doctor's experiments.
Unless all humans find cats adorable for some reason.))
Flint needs to get some tuna, milk and string.
((Why?))
((Well, since she's a stereotypical cat, she's gonna like fish, milk and chasing small objects. And writing "string" is easier than writing "soft plastic stick with fluffy thing attached".))

Grate nods sadly.
Grate shakes his head.
"...Wait, several thousand years out of touch?"
((I don't recall Grate ever being told how long he was out. Or maybe he forgot.))
((Well, Faust wasn't written anywhere near the time we're living in. I think this takes place at least 1000 years into an alternate future. Depending on your homeworld, you might have never heard of it or have heard some twisted version of it.))
Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 2101