_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 [1276] 1277 1278 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5730219 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19125 on: October 05, 2013, 06:27:24 pm »

(( Must... not... metagame... bloody hidden rolls XD ))

--Away Team--

Mrr... alright, let's get moving... I'm going to leave a drone here to watch the concourse, unless someone wants to blow them up and save us the trouble.

Set 1 drone to watch the men and the concourse from the way to the hanger, assuming no one kills them all.

If most of the away-team is moving on to the hanger, take point and scout ahead with the drones. Make sure to keep an eye on the drone camera watching the men.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19126 on: October 05, 2013, 06:41:55 pm »

Quote from: Xan->Away Team
If no objections I'll kill them. No use leaving them lying where they could ambush us.

If no one objects, fry the brains of the hostages into soup, then follow along very carefully. Stay at the beck of the group and try to intuit if anyone's a dirty traitor.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19127 on: October 05, 2013, 07:01:40 pm »

Run the drone on a sweep of the windows, trying to look in the rooms.  Finish at the top of the cage, if it can get that high.

Message the rest of the defence team that I need a buddy or someone to switch with.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19128 on: October 05, 2013, 07:05:04 pm »

"Dammit, I need more info on how distance works in the void."

Grab a random cleaning supply, enter the void and drop it at my feet to mark the location. Then walk back to the gangway through voidspace, exit and head for the armory. See if she has any measuring tapes, meter sticks, or other measuring devices, and aquire two of the same device, as well as a can of spray paint. Head to the Swords' hangar and mark my start point in realspace, enter voidspace, mark start point with paint, and measure one meter, mark it and exit. Mark exit in realspace, and measure between the start point and exit point. Repeat process, but measure two meters in voidspace.

((Sorry about the complex action, but I need that info to plan my next moves to be able to take full advantage of my suit.))

((I highly recommend that instead of measuring through Voidspace, you measure through Realspace - that is, place a marker in Voidspace at one point, pop out, walk 10 meters in realspace, pop in, place another marker, and measure between the two in Voidspace.

Better safe than sorry, if Voidespace turns out to amplify distance more than you thought. Or turns out to be exponential, or even rational (it'd be interesting to see what a rational function's vertical asymptote does to distance when commuting via Voidspace).))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19129 on: October 05, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to Away Team
I'll go up front for now.

Be Stacy's buddy, joining him in dance. Robot buddies!

Also keep an eye out for other people.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19130 on: October 05, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »

((It isn't exponential, or linear. My first thought was quadratic, but I'm not sure. Fuck it's been too long since I've done any serious math.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19131 on: October 05, 2013, 07:19:31 pm »

((It isn't exponential, or linear. My first thought was quadratic, but I'm not sure. Fuck it's been too long since I've done any serious math.))

((Still, better to not risk telefragging yourself if you end up underestimating it. For all we know, it very well could be rational, or cubic, or polar-graphed tangent (Though you won't find the version of that I'm thinking of online - I've looked).))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19132 on: October 05, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »

((it'd be great if it was sinusoidal, just to mess with him. ))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19133 on: October 05, 2013, 07:37:36 pm »

((I'm sure Piecewise enjoys messing with us, but I don't think he's that cruel. But hell, maybe he is. I've got no clue.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19134 on: October 05, 2013, 07:48:03 pm »

...or even rational (it'd be interesting to see what a rational function's vertical asymptote does to distance when commuting via Voidspace).))
((Do you mean irrational?))

((it'd be great if it was sinusoidal, just to mess with him. ))
((...I can't imagine how that would work.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19135 on: October 05, 2013, 07:49:46 pm »

((So I'm reading through and discovered the HMRC Pantheon.
Did anyone ever find out who the scribbled out god of death guy was? The one who got imprisoned?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19136 on: October 05, 2013, 08:07:56 pm »

...or even rational (it'd be interesting to see what a rational function's vertical asymptote does to distance when commuting via Voidspace).))
((Do you mean irrational?))

((No, I mean rational. There is no such 'irrational function'.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19137 on: October 05, 2013, 08:16:30 pm »

((a/(x^b) or something, then?

I don't think that's the case, either. He would be sent across the universe from moving a fraction of an inch and end up right next to the starting position after half an hour's walk.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19138 on: October 05, 2013, 08:27:22 pm »

((Rational functions follow the pattern f(x)=1/x, where x≠0 (which will lead to the asymptotes (and holes), which crop up where x=0, which will return a divide by zero error)

And it would depend on the function whether or not "He would be sent across the universe from moving a fraction of an inch and end up right next to the starting position after half an hour's walk".))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19139 on: October 05, 2013, 08:38:47 pm »

((Regardless of the specifics, the very nature of the equations means that he would move less far the more he went. Am I correct on that?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 [1276] 1277 1278 ... 2101