_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1286 1287 [1288] 1289 1290 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5734076 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19305 on: October 09, 2013, 03:37:35 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING runs around and enjoys the feeling of having working legs.

((So at the risk of being an OOC tinker post I was working up an idea of what STEPHEN HAWKING's eventual battlesuit would come with.
I forget exactly what all it comes standard with, but I know its supposed to have that shock system and some explodey thing or something? I was thinking/wondering if I could get a customized one without those to save some tokens for other stuff. I also know the suit comes standard with 2 kinetic amps for the fists, and I was thinking of upping that to four total, 2 for the fists and 1 for the bottom of each foot.

Actually that's something else I need to ask about, because I was thinking about my little idea of a kinetic amp fueled "super-jump" but then I remembered that the amps aren't supposed to work on reaction forces I.E. the force that would launch you back off the ground.
So is it possible to get special order amps that DO amplify reaction force? For teh supa jumps. Because then I could strip off the....ok I THINK battlesuits come standard with flight, but I'm not really sure. But anyway I could then just use the supa jumps and maybe keep some small leg mounted maneuvering thrusters to not go splat after the jumps.

Another key feature of the "Hawk Suit" is a central battery for all those damned kinetic amps, as I get the feeling it would be a pain to keep track of and replace each one when the battery gets low.

Lastly I would of course want a monoatomic shuriken launcher for each wrist, and would have a nice big hawk design painted across the chest, with the wingspan extending out across the arms.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19306 on: October 09, 2013, 03:41:47 pm »

((Hm...kinetic-amp super-jumping...you might need to bootstrap your way up, but it's probably possible.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19307 on: October 09, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING runs around and enjoys the feeling of having working legs.

((So at the risk of being an OOC tinker post I was working up an idea of what STEPHEN HAWKING's eventual battlesuit would come with.
I forget exactly what all it comes standard with, but I know its supposed to have that shock system and some explodey thing or something? I was thinking/wondering if I could get a customized one without those to save some tokens for other stuff. I also know the suit comes standard with 2 kinetic amps for the fists, and I was thinking of upping that to four total, 2 for the fists and 1 for the bottom of each foot.

Actually that's something else I need to ask about, because I was thinking about my little idea of a kinetic amp fueled "super-jump" but then I remembered that the amps aren't supposed to work on reaction forces I.E. the force that would launch you back off the ground.
So is it possible to get special order amps that DO amplify reaction force? For teh supa jumps. Because then I could strip off the....ok I THINK battlesuits come standard with flight, but I'm not really sure. But anyway I could then just use the supa jumps and maybe keep some small leg mounted maneuvering thrusters to not go splat after the jumps.

Another key feature of the "Hawk Suit" is a central battery for all those damned kinetic amps, as I get the feeling it would be a pain to keep track of and replace each one when the battery gets low.

Lastly I would of course want a monoatomic shuriken launcher for each wrist, and would have a nice big hawk design painted across the chest, with the wingspan extending out across the arms.))

((Do some research on battlesuits by searching for 'battlesuit' in the on-ship thread and the main mission thread.

A good starting point might be this, which details the stuff that is built into Gilgamesh, and this, general summary of battlesuit features. The difference between Gilgamesh and a regular one is that a standard has no cameyes (though it has heat vision and zoom), no rocket pack, and double the armor. And a battlesuit already has a 'high jump' ability, check its armory entry for more info.
Oh, and you'll have to think of a cool name yourself too   :P ))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:59:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19308 on: October 09, 2013, 03:51:33 pm »

((Or a silly name.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19309 on: October 09, 2013, 04:12:31 pm »

((The Melee MCS would be pretty much all that, scaled down to personal exoskeleton size. No special defense features bar extra armoring and "melee shields" that, if you're familiar with a mech called Giganscudo, make pretty good weapons when powered by hydraulics. Plus they have kin-amps. Kinetic-amp "high jump" functionality also exists, as far as I recall, and is part of that suit design as well.

The Melee MCS would still have a central tesla grid for all-round defense though. It's too useful not to have.

Of course, the melee MCS would have a cost in excess of that of a battlesuit, but, eh. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19310 on: October 09, 2013, 04:16:06 pm »

((I was wondering of making a suit that works like a slingshot, firing the user at Mach 2 towards anything they want gone, if the suit had any kinetic amps, the user would be like hulk fired from a cannon, of course there is the problem of the g force and the eventuall energy release of hitting something, but that's just nitpicking there))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19311 on: October 09, 2013, 04:26:34 pm »

((Well my idea of what STEPHEN HAWKING would do with this was something along the lines of "jump across Grand Canyon toward mooks on the other side, fire shurikens at two mooks while flipping and land in a dropkick against their leader" :P
Pretty unrealistic I know, but still...AWESOME.))

Indeed, I do this.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19312 on: October 09, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »

(( I would also like to construct a suit that's like the MK 3 suit, it would basically be just the suits exoskeleton with a massive battery on the back, if I was able to attach some electric cords that could connect to any weapon, the result is you got a massive arsenal of almost unlimited laser ammo as long as the suit had charge, I would also be able to remove all the batteries on the weapons, making them lightweight, I would have to connect a custom wire connector to all of said weapons though.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:43:02 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19313 on: October 09, 2013, 04:51:56 pm »

((Well my idea of what STEPHEN HAWKING would do with this was something along the lines of "jump across Grand Canyon toward mooks on the other side, fire shurikens at two mooks while flipping and land in a dropkick against their leader" :P
((Yeah. Where would you get the cannon?))
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19314 on: October 09, 2013, 05:02:34 pm »

((Kinetic amp jumping. No cannon needed.))

Indeed, I do this.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19315 on: October 09, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

((About the amp/manip discussion: while it is true that the microwave is good enough for indiscriminate murder, that doesn't mean the other amps don't have a use either. They are great at providing support for your team (e.g. sending rpg round back at their owner).
And GWG, while you could probably indeed use a magnetic amp to make stuff levitate/fly, remember that using it like that would require enormous brainpower and be hard to pull of roll-wise (aka anything but perfect 5 would end in a very dead frog). Using the matter manipulator makes doing that stuff is less taxing on your poor brain. Likewise, stopping a bunch of shrapnel of killing your team members with the matter/vector amp would be very hard because it's a large amount of stuff going every fast, whereas with the magnetic amp you can simply create a very strong magnetic field pointing down to force them all down at once.))

((Or Miya's latest... "tour de force". Granted, that's a universal manipulator, but still.))

((You know, once I get that decomp I think it'll be lot's of !FUN! figuring out what the possibilities and combinations are with that thing. Especially because there are so many cool combos we could think of. Imagine decreasing the gravity on the gangway to zero, then lightly magnetizing the floor and the soles of our boots, and bingo, we can still move around normally while any enemy entering gets a crash course in zero-G bullet dodging. Or, in the battle of Hexbarax, create a donut-shaped area of crushingly high gravity, with a HMRC squad in the middle to cut down altered that make it through.
Or hell, why not give something a large amount of upward speed (vector amp) while decreasing its gravity to zero (like a grav shute does), and voila, we can send enemies/megaton bombs set to blow off into space!
Or, if the the grav amp is capable of creating 'reverse' gravity (aka matter will repulse other matter instead of attract), combining that with the 'shockwave' thing Miya just used... It'd be a wave that makes everything that it comes into contact with explode violently by making its own atoms hate each other... Beautiful destruction.

The Melee MCS would still have a central tesla grid for all-round defense though. It's too useful not to have.

((Care to elaborate? I think I know what you're planning to do, but not sure if we're on the same page.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:09:28 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19316 on: October 09, 2013, 05:06:43 pm »

((Kinetic amp jumping. No cannon needed.))
((I meant canyon, dammit autocorrect-mimicking fingers. I should stop letting them type without supervision before kill the toes, the toes are worthless.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19317 on: October 09, 2013, 05:26:39 pm »

((Care to elaborate? I think I know what you're planning to do, but not sure if we're on the same page.))
((About the tesla grid? The suit itself, or rather the Melee kit, is highly conductive armor, under which is heavy insulation. Using the same principle as the Tesla Arc, which is basically "RAW VOLTAGE", several key areas on the armor act as focus points and allow electricity to jump to anything and everything nearby. It's very much not a teammate-friendly defense mechanism. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19318 on: October 09, 2013, 05:32:31 pm »

((GASP! Anton's rebellious fingers have spread!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19319 on: October 09, 2013, 07:01:03 pm »

((Or, if the the grav amp is capable of creating 'reverse' gravity (aka matter will repulse other matter instead of attract), combining that with the 'shockwave' thing Miya just used... It'd be a wave that makes everything that it comes into contact with explode violently by making its own atoms hate each other... Beautiful destruction.))

((Screw using gravity, gravity is a much weaker force than electromagnetism (I would think the magnetic manipulator/amp would be more accurately called the electromagnetic manipulator/amp, since there is no distinct magnetic phenomena). A negative electromagnetic wave would cleanly slice through absolutely anything. One that nullifies electromagnetism would have about the same effect as that gravitic wave of yours, but much more powerful (One coulomb worth of electrons will generate an astounding 4.2E42 times more force through electromagnetism than gravity. Of course, electrons have a very high ratio of charge to mass so you might be tempted to call that an anomaly, but the ratio is huge for protons too: 1.2E36).

And if you were to use one to reverse electromagnetism in an area, turn electrons positive and protons negative... well, you should know what that is.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:02:36 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 1286 1287 [1288] 1289 1290 ... 2101