_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732988 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19395 on: October 11, 2013, 08:42:05 pm »

((Don't dare bring up PTSD or any kind of that.))
((It would also be appreciated if you didn't cause PTSD.))
((It's all up to the rolls though. Hopefully it'll end up well.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:22:19 am by Tiruin »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19396 on: October 11, 2013, 09:22:40 pm »

((...I overshot a speech roll..and it.. >_>
When do speech rolls become useful in a way that you can explain something without swearing like a drunken sailor?!))

((Is it really possible for someone to get really existentially-angry without profanity being blurted out chaotically? While there are people who just don't curse, and won't curse even in a tense situation, that type of person wouldn't be common in the forsaken universe of ER, where elementary school textbooks refer to the entire cosmos as "The Fucking Fuck Shit".

The whole thing probably started with your whole defense of 'Clean Rap'. :P))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #19397 on: October 11, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »

((Well with the magnetic manipulator you can simply use the magnetic feild to influence charged subatomic particles soooo, yes you can shoot lasers out of thin air, although it would be uber hard and probably result in some horrible china-9 all over again))
"I really should be more careful"
use magnetic manipulator to shred anyone with the gantries, who is preventing access to d-663 or attempting to kill use fine members of the HMRC, enter the hangar when done & team arrives, being sneaky
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19398 on: October 12, 2013, 12:25:30 am »

((shooting lasers out of thin air would be one of the only things you could not do with a theoretically perfect magnetic manipulator actually.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19399 on: October 12, 2013, 07:42:17 am »

((...I overshot a speech roll..and it.. >_>
When do speech rolls become useful in a way that you can explain something without swearing like a drunken sailor?!))

((Is it really possible for someone to get really existentially-angry without profanity being blurted out chaotically? While there are people who just don't curse, and won't curse even in a tense situation, that type of person wouldn't be common in the forsaken universe of ER, where elementary school textbooks refer to the entire cosmos as "The Fucking Fuck Shit".

The whole thing probably started with your whole defense of 'Clean Rap'. :P))
((Yeah, it is really possible. I:
...And said 'forsaken universe' is...pretty forsaken given who it affects :/))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:22:54 am by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19400 on: October 12, 2013, 07:53:40 am »

((Is it really possible for someone to get really existentially-angry without profanity being blurted out chaotically?))
((Lyra is a walking counterargument to the whole "can't get angry without swearing" thing.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19401 on: October 12, 2013, 08:32:33 am »

((There's always quiet anger.
But that's infinitely more dangerous.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:29:15 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19402 on: October 12, 2013, 08:36:24 am »

((I have my motive now.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19403 on: October 12, 2013, 08:38:33 am »

((Why yes, yes it is.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19404 on: October 12, 2013, 08:39:46 am »

((I have my motive now.))
((There's a russian saying about not needing to fear a barking dog as much as a dog that keeps quiet, but I was never sure of the exact reasoning behind that.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19405 on: October 12, 2013, 08:51:44 am »

((There's a russian saying about not needing to fear a barking dog as much as a dog that keeps quiet, but I was never sure of the exact reasoning behind that.))

((Guard dogs are trained to bark at intruders in order to alert their owners and frighten people, while more feral, predatory, murderous dogs bark less and bite more, as far as I know. Wolves hardly ever bark at all. After all, you don't need to frighten something you want to kill, as that tends to make it run away faster.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19406 on: October 12, 2013, 08:58:46 am »

((On the other hand, you can frighten things that you don't want to have to kill.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19407 on: October 12, 2013, 10:30:07 am »

((But, specifically in regards to Existential anger?
I don't think so.
Yeah, there's something about the word 'Fucked' which no other word can compete with in regards to how bleak/dire a situation is. Hopeless is too depressive and less angry.))

((Why yes, yes it is.))
((I didn't say dangerous to other people. Specifically in regards to the girl who turned herself into a blender prototype.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:33:19 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19408 on: October 12, 2013, 10:32:11 am »

((APOLOGIES FOR DOUBLEPOST.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:36:07 pm by Tack »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #19409 on: October 12, 2013, 07:11:16 pm »

((shooting lasers out of thin air would be one of the only things you could not do with a theoretically perfect magnetic manipulator actually.))
((you can, although to get anything worth it would be dangerous, ican be done by exciting electrons in a  uniform direction around atoms in the substace that would be the origin so that they move to a highger energy and once moved outwards by several quanta released producing a photon = lasers out of nothing ))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 2101