_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732442 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19740 on: October 24, 2013, 03:32:37 am »

(( I just noticed. Leon is on the wall of remembrance, for getting killed by the being formerly known as Timmy. But Timmy isn't.

This suddenly seems terrifyingly relevant. ))
((ER is the most awesome form of the game known as X-COM?))
(( Clearly. Also, I need to finish X-Com... ))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19741 on: October 24, 2013, 04:22:13 am »

((I think that ER fits the X-COM formula so well it could as well be a sequel. Rookies in useless spacesuits going after alien artifacts and gradually upgrading to better armor, flying armor, better weapons... about the only things lacking is actively chasing and shooting down alien ships, and capturing and interrogating/dissecting aliens. The new revolution might provide an opportunity for the former (though with UWM in place of aliens), and I'm sure the Doctor would be happy to perform the latter if he got the chance. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: October 24, 2013, 04:24:24 am »

((Or us, as evidenced by what he's doing to me.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: October 24, 2013, 04:26:01 am »

((The fact they don't give civilians or trade-workers amps explains a lot to me. I mean, they'd be hardly as repressed with it, but if I were a chef, I would want a microwave amp.))

pass x2. I guess if Kriellya succesfully lands next turn and I'm unloaded and taken to Doc, I wake up?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19744 on: October 24, 2013, 05:31:57 am »

"Yes! Exactly! If I had, say, a vehicle form and a person form, that would essentially double my versatility! Isn't that interesting? I mean, there's no reason I should stick to purely human forms now that I've got a robot body, yes? So I'm thinking about getting various interesting parts attached, tools built in over time, turn myself into something slightly more useful than before."

"Also, one question - can you tell me what's inside a field manipulator now? I mean, what reason is there to keep it a secret, anyway?"

A suggestion and a question!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: October 24, 2013, 05:33:16 am »

Nod once, then Go take a long shower, shivering occasionally, my teeth clenched for most of the time, but still doing it. scrub very thoroughly, and make sure not to get any of this stuff into my eyes, mouth, nose, etc. wash my wrist-comp off as well. discard my irradiated clothing.
Afterwards, dry off, and look at myself. look down at my forepaws. slowly lift my right forepaw up and flip it over. extend and retract the claws on it. flip it back over. Extend and retract my claws again. then set it down and look over at my ruined clothes. put my wrist-comp on, and walk over to my bed in the barracks. hop on top of it and curl up on it. then slowly type out a message on my wrist-comp.
Quote from: Lyra to Feyri
I just messaged Grate and he says he's ok. What happened?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: October 24, 2013, 05:45:17 am »

((Hmm....well I WAS originally planning to have the other people pick which character I played from my little pool of them based solely on name, but since it seems to rely on them knowing I'll reveal the char who the grunt thing was planned for.

His name is Brick-Brick.

Brick Brickton, or Brick-Brick, which is what he calls himself given his inability to comprehend the vast majority of words; was from the moment his mother gave birth to him quite simply slower then the other infants. When the doctor first slapped his behind it took 10 minutes before it registered and he started crying.
Brick-Brick spent the vast majority of his life giving extremely tight hugs that began causing injuries around his 12th birthday.
It was one such incident that took the lives of both of his parents, their spines snapped in twain. A nearby criminal noticed the display and immediately presented Brick-Brick to the local head of organized crime, and shortly thereafter perished when Brick-Brick became excited at the prospect of new friends.
This deeply impressed the Don, and Brick-Brick spent the years leading up to his 20th birthday as an unknowing enforcer, the most feared henchman on the planet. Eventually he was captured by law enforcement and sentenced to the HMRC when he spent 40 minutes cuddling the unlucky canine that had just taught him "tooth hugs"

Reason assigned to HMRC: 4000 counts of murder in hug-related incidents

Endurance:20
Uncon: +2
Intuition and Speech: -1
Or hell if that seems unbalanced Uncon+2 and EVERYTHING ELSE -1))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19747 on: October 24, 2013, 06:35:43 am »

((People still accepted hugs from him after the first couple hundred fatalities?))

Grate stares at the hole, thinking.
Try to look for a stick. If found, use it to poke in the hole to try and drive the animals out. Be ready to run if they turn out to be spacescorpionbadgers or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: October 24, 2013, 07:10:28 am »

((Hmm....well I WAS originally planning to have the other people pick which character I played from my little pool of them based solely on name, but since it seems to rely on them knowing I'll reveal the char who the grunt thing was planned for.

His name is Brick-Brick.

Brick Brickton, or Brick-Brick, which is what he calls himself given his inability to comprehend the vast majority of words; was from the moment his mother gave birth to him quite simply slower then the other infants. When the doctor first slapped his behind it took 10 minutes before it registered and he started crying.
Brick-Brick spent the vast majority of his life giving extremely tight hugs that began causing injuries around his 12th birthday.
It was one such incident that took the lives of both of his parents, their spines snapped in twain. A nearby criminal noticed the display and immediately presented Brick-Brick to the local head of organized crime, and shortly thereafter perished when Brick-Brick became excited at the prospect of new friends.
This deeply impressed the Don, and Brick-Brick spent the years leading up to his 20th birthday as an unknowing enforcer, the most feared henchman on the planet. Eventually he was captured by law enforcement and sentenced to the HMRC when he spent 40 minutes cuddling the unlucky canine that had just taught him "tooth hugs"

Reason assigned to HMRC: 4000 counts of murder in hug-related incidents

Endurance:20
Uncon: +2
Intuition and Speech: -1
Or hell if that seems unbalanced Uncon+2 and EVERYTHING ELSE -1))

((If he's got Endurance 20 and Uncon +2, there's the problem that:
A: he can't use field manipulators;
B: he can use kinetic amps, tesla sabers and monoatomic razors, but can't actually hit anything due to needing a Dexterity roll for that. Presumably he will punch himself in the face with a kinetic amp or explosively saw his own head off if or when he tries.

He wouldn't even work as a meatshield, considering that having good endurance only takes you so far - Xan got shot in the throat and he was pretty much out in a turn, [End: 5] roll notwithstanding, due to a low dexterity roll.

I don't really see the point of making a character that just has 20 points in a single attribute. 15 in one and 5 in another, maybe, but not much more minmaxed than that.

Besides, how can he give deadly hugs when he's as weak as a kitten?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: October 24, 2013, 07:26:20 am »

((Actually, I'm pretty sure he's weaker. Solution: Have him arm-wrestle Lyra!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19750 on: October 24, 2013, 07:30:28 am »

((People still accepted hugs from him after the first couple hundred fatalities?))
((Not so much accepted as didn't get away in time. Brick-Brick doesn't understand that he hurts people, or the word no...so yeah :P))

((If he's got Endurance 20 and Uncon +2, there's the problem that:
A: he can't use field manipulators;
B: he can use kinetic amps, tesla sabers and monoatomic razors, but can't actually hit anything due to needing a Dexterity roll for that. Presumably he will punch himself in the face with a kinetic amp or explosively saw his own head off if or when he tries.

He wouldn't even work as a meatshield, considering that having good endurance only takes you so far - Xan got shot in the throat and he was pretty much out in a turn, [End: 5] roll notwithstanding, due to a low dexterity roll.

I don't really see the point of making a character that just has 20 points in a single attribute. 15 in one and 5 in another, maybe, but not much more minmaxed than that.

Besides, how can he give deadly hugs when he's as weak as a kitten?))
((You make good points, and well the general idea was to have him just hug people to death instead of any actual weapons. As for how he can do that...well having +2 uncon guarantees he'll get at least a three on such rolls....wait....Actually should prob change it so he has 3 strength and 17 end. That way that math actually works :P
As for meatshielding I figure with the money he saves from going weaponless he can get plenty of armor and such.
Also he's only one of a few dif chars I thought up, so at worst he's the fluke of the bunch.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: October 24, 2013, 07:39:26 am »

"Just normal AP ones, some explosive, some casing for shrapnel I'd guess.  Don't see why it wouldn't work."

"I thought amps didn't need line of sight if you know exactly where you're aiming for."
"They don't need line of sight, but using them is harder without it. The armory master's course I mentioned even ecommended crushing someone's chest over crushing someone's heart, for instance, though that's the mass one, obviously."

Explore the nearest few offices with Leo to make sure they're empty.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: October 24, 2013, 07:43:04 am »

((You make good points, and well the general idea was to have him just hug people to death instead of any actual weapons. As for how he can do that...well having +2 uncon guarantees he'll get at least a three on such rolls....wait....Actually should prob change it so he has 3 strength and 17 end. That way that math actually works :P
As for meatshielding I figure with the money he saves from going weaponless he can get plenty of armor and such.
Also he's only one of a few dif chars I thought up, so at worst he's the fluke of the bunch.))

((Melee combat without high-tech weaponry (even with swords and that kind of thing) doesn't use Uncon rolls, either. Those are purely for field manipulators, kinetic amps, kinetic shunts, tesla sabers, bombs (presumably - haven't actually seen anyone roll for those), monoatomic razors and swords, anything that isn't an amp and isn't a firearm of some kind, but not basic melee weaponry, unarmed combat or anything like that.

Because of this, unarmed combat is the most difficult thing to be actually good at in ER.

Also, why have 17 endurance? 15 works better, as it still gives you the +1 bonus, and you can allocate the points gained to Strength, giving you a +1/3rd or elsewhere to improve later. And, as was said, with 0 dexterity the only thing that dude's going to be hugging is himself, really. Also possibly fatally.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: October 24, 2013, 08:05:28 am »

((More specifically, you use Dex to hit, Str to do damage, and Uncon only to use the special functions of whatever it is you're wielding.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19754 on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:32 am »

((Actually, you use unconventional rolls when using unconventional melee weapons. Not strength/dexterity. See the sharkmist mission or the Ice9 mission.))
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 2101