_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732084 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19755 on: October 24, 2013, 08:19:53 am »

((Actually, you use unconventional rolls when using unconventional melee weapons. Not strength/dexterity. See the sharkmist mission or the Ice9 mission.))

((I think those cases were not in combat, so to speak. As in, not during a fight, like hitting a door or picking someone up. Utility rolls.

Come to think of it, how often do we get situations when people use unconventional weapons in a stand-up fight? Not often, I think. Usually it's just for other things instead. I just know that piecewise claimed that we do need to roll dexterity during combat to hit someone with a kinetic amp, and I supposed the unconventional roll was to see how effectively the weapon was used.))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:22:59 am by Harry Baldman »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19756 on: October 24, 2013, 09:07:06 am »

((I think he still rolls for Dex, and just doesn't show it if it's a hit, just using the Uncon roll to show how well the kin-amp/monoblade/whatever hit connects.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19757 on: October 24, 2013, 11:14:20 am »

"Well. I'm terribly sorry to be bothering you, and I just remembered I need to go find some sods to shoot."

Suddenly find the need to be out in the building lobby. Search about for cameras, and I there are, try and find a hiding spot in a blind spot. Keep watch for anything suspicious.

((.......... She wouldn't even need to blink.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19758 on: October 24, 2013, 11:22:08 am »

just sit down.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19759 on: October 24, 2013, 03:47:31 pm »

What amount of radiation are we talking here?

Inquiry! Then go do alterations.
"The sort that would be dangerous to living things. Your cells will be reproducing in new, strange and very quick ways. Possibility of strange cancers and malignant growths. Dangerous. Now then, I'm gonna disconnect you and go see an old friend of ours for some biomass."

Everything goes dark.

still pretty damn cool honestly, so what does it go on, does it change to a few presets or does the person just think about the shirt or clothing they want to wear? (I just going to take it as I unloaded my laser rifle now) also, if any of you two hear me loading my gun without saying anything, just go ahead and tackle me"

keep walking along, but look at the contents of my medkit or whatever
The cloak's control system is mostly mental. You can change it via thought.

As per your medkit, it's sort of a big amalgamation of fairly simple health care things, like sutures, bandages, splints, tourniquets and the like. A well stocked first aid kit with some medicine and such included.   

Thanks, Steve. Enjoy your conversation with ARES.

Alright everyone, buckle up. This could end poorly, but here's hoping it doesn't. Hansen, thanks for not making it worse, but leave it alone while I put this thing down.

Deploy the landing pylons, take her in and land next to the cage.
[aux:2+1+1+1]

You very carefully and completely manually guide the ship in for a landing on the bare dirt plains around the cage. You can't help but sigh with relief when you feel the ship settle onto it's pylons and you can drop the throttle to zero.

"Thank you for flying Skylar's Skyways."

((Forgot my entirely useless wandering around aiding nonexistent civilians again, PW. :P))

Steve directs you back toward the blast site, past The robo samurai and the cat girl and their human tagalong. You turn the corner they were hiding behind and have a pretty good view of the crater through the shattered windows of the building.

Much of the shipyards has collapsed or is twisted and broken beyond use. Like a wire mesh held over a blowtorch, it has slumped in to the pit and is still glowing hot on it's edges. The pit is slag and little else, a smoldering hole in the ground throwing out smoke and radiation.

"Well, there's your problem."
"Oo...kay. Eighth kiloton bomb damage scale: established. Steve, do you have a map of this place, and can you overlay a simulated damage pattern from this explosion on it and send it to me? I want to try and determine where there may have still been people, that might still be alive right now."

"Feyri, if you're following, look through any structures around the shipyard for civilians who may need treatment. I'll have a look around here and see if I can find a path to the lower levels."

Ask Steve for map of the shipyards. Try to determine where there may have been people. Look around the current level and, if possible, find a way into the lower ones, searching for any civilians that might need help. In the meantime, direct Feyri to look over any nearby buildings that may have had people in them, who may have been injured or irradiated. Keep watch for dangerous radiation levels.

Keep doing that. Beats standing around guarding against nothing in particular.
Steve seems to be quiet, so you assume he's doing the ARES stuff now. Regardless, your search of the shipyard area is fairly uneventful. You don't find any civilians, alive, injured or otherwise, and the pit itself is too radioactive for you to want to get into for now.

((The fact they don't give civilians or trade-workers amps explains a lot to me. I mean, they'd be hardly as repressed with it, but if I were a chef, I would want a microwave amp.))

pass x2. I guess if Kriellya succesfully lands next turn and I'm unloaded and taken to Doc, I wake up?

You wake up in the infirmary, with Maurice looking down at you.

"On a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you feel like lighting something on fire?" he asks, reading the question from a datapad.

"Yes! Exactly! If I had, say, a vehicle form and a person form, that would essentially double my versatility! Isn't that interesting? I mean, there's no reason I should stick to purely human forms now that I've got a robot body, yes? So I'm thinking about getting various interesting parts attached, tools built in over time, turn myself into something slightly more useful than before."

"Also, one question - can you tell me what's inside a field manipulator now? I mean, what reason is there to keep it a secret, anyway?"

A suggestion and a question!
"I guess something like that would be possible, though it's more the science boys you'd need to talk to for that."

"Nope. You don't give the plans to a nuclear bomb to people who have just enough knowledge to seriously hurt themselves and others."

Nod once, then Go take a long shower, shivering occasionally, my teeth clenched for most of the time, but still doing it. scrub very thoroughly, and make sure not to get any of this stuff into my eyes, mouth, nose, etc. wash my wrist-comp off as well. discard my irradiated clothing.
Afterwards, dry off, and look at myself. look down at my forepaws. slowly lift my right forepaw up and flip it over. extend and retract the claws on it. flip it back over. Extend and retract my claws again. then set it down and look over at my ruined clothes. put my wrist-comp on, and walk over to my bed in the barracks. hop on top of it and curl up on it. then slowly type out a message on my wrist-comp.
Quote from: Lyra to Feyri
I just messaged Grate and he says he's ok. What happened?

You go take a long shower. You really are not a fan of it and you come out looking like a wet mop. A very grumpy wet mop.

Everyone else finds it adorable.

((Hmm....well I WAS originally planning to have the other people pick which character I played from my little pool of them based solely on name, but since it seems to rely on them knowing I'll reveal the char who the grunt thing was planned for.

His name is Brick-Brick.

Brick Brickton, or Brick-Brick, which is what he calls himself given his inability to comprehend the vast majority of words; was from the moment his mother gave birth to him quite simply slower then the other infants. When the doctor first slapped his behind it took 10 minutes before it registered and he started crying.
Brick-Brick spent the vast majority of his life giving extremely tight hugs that began causing injuries around his 12th birthday.
It was one such incident that took the lives of both of his parents, their spines snapped in twain. A nearby criminal noticed the display and immediately presented Brick-Brick to the local head of organized crime, and shortly thereafter perished when Brick-Brick became excited at the prospect of new friends.
This deeply impressed the Don, and Brick-Brick spent the years leading up to his 20th birthday as an unknowing enforcer, the most feared henchman on the planet. Eventually he was captured by law enforcement and sentenced to the HMRC when he spent 40 minutes cuddling the unlucky canine that had just taught him "tooth hugs"

Reason assigned to HMRC: 4000 counts of murder in hug-related incidents

Endurance:20
Uncon: +2
Intuition and Speech: -1
Or hell if that seems unbalanced Uncon+2 and EVERYTHING ELSE -1))
That is certainly an interesting thing.

Man, I forgot how funny those old cartoons were.

((People still accepted hugs from him after the first couple hundred fatalities?))

Grate stares at the hole, thinking.
Try to look for a stick. If found, use it to poke in the hole to try and drive the animals out. Be ready to run if they turn out to be spacescorpionbadgers or something.
(they couldn't resist his girth.)

Strangely there are no sticks just randomly lying around on this barren desert like planet. Huh.

"Just normal AP ones, some explosive, some casing for shrapnel I'd guess.  Don't see why it wouldn't work."

"I thought amps didn't need line of sight if you know exactly where you're aiming for."
"They don't need line of sight, but using them is harder without it. The armory master's course I mentioned even ecommended crushing someone's chest over crushing someone's heart, for instance, though that's the mass one, obviously."

Explore the nearest few offices with Leo to make sure they're empty.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
The nearest offices are empty...well for the most part. You find a single secretary cowering under her desk. When you approach her she just cowers farther into the corner of the little space.

"Well. I'm terribly sorry to be bothering you, and I just remembered I need to go find some sods to shoot."

Suddenly find the need to be out in the building lobby. Search about for cameras, and I there are, try and find a hiding spot in a blind spot. Keep watch for anything suspicious.

((.......... She wouldn't even need to blink.))
You spin on your heel and make a beeline for the lobby. Once there, you do a quick search for cameras and then hunker down in a corner, behind an information terminal. You shiver a bit. Having your existence quantized into a number of objects is rather unsettling...

just sit down.
You sit down.

You accidentally override the chair's balance protocols and tumble back onto the ground. You decide to just lay there.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19760 on: October 24, 2013, 03:51:12 pm »

look around for anything interesting, If I hear anything tell the others
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19761 on: October 24, 2013, 03:53:36 pm »

((Piecewise has a habit of missing Tiruin, it seems. It's as if she's not there.

So, this means Feyri is now a robot ghost. Although it's Simus who can pass through walls. And also Faith is a robot zombie.

We should add a robot ninja and a robot pirate to the group, and then have them all combine into one Ghostly Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot Megazord.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19762 on: October 24, 2013, 03:56:34 pm »

((Piecewise has a habit of missing Tiruin, it seems. It's as if she's not there.))
((um, Tiruin didn't post this time.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19763 on: October 24, 2013, 03:57:41 pm »

((Piecewise has a habit of missing Tiruin, it seems. It's as if she's not there.))
((um, Tiruin didn't post this time.))
((She did have a whole lot of missed actions prior though, and didn't get so much as a status update, apparent safe arrival at the bottom of the building disregarded.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19764 on: October 24, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »

((Piecewise has a habit of missing Tiruin, it seems. It's as if she's not there.

So, this means Feyri is now a robot ghost. Although it's Simus who can pass through walls. And also Faith is a robot zombie.

We should add a robot ninja and a robot pirate to the group, and then have them all combine into one Ghostly Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot Megazord.))
...((I'm still alive. Down at the bottom of the Cage. With Grate. Alive. Not posting. Dazed. Following him loosely. My innocent excuse would be I'm busy-I'd be more inclined to say that, but it's not the whole truth--part of which I only mentioned to a few, and even then, most of it is incoherent. Like Caellath and stuff.

I'm not busy.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19765 on: October 24, 2013, 04:06:15 pm »

Hehehehehe.

Await alterations.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19766 on: October 24, 2013, 04:12:44 pm »

"What."

To back to the Sword to give information.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:39:20 am by Tavik Toth »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19767 on: October 24, 2013, 04:52:01 pm »

"Hrmm. I wonder how pissed of she'd be if Timmy got out. More importantly, how lethal would Timmy getting out be for me? Probably the uncertain death kind. Hrmm. Worst part is that there are more people like her, and most are gonna be trying to kill me. I wonder if I could get some special training to deal with amps? Hrmm."

Keep watch, and brace self for mindfuckery if I need to escape through voidspace. Warn teammates if anyone comes into the lobby, regardless of who they appear to be, while staying hidden.

((Hrmmm.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19768 on: October 24, 2013, 05:08:32 pm »

"What."

Go see of there is a cargo hold or something.

What did I say about touching my ship? Though somehow I feel it did that just to spite you. Come on, let's get that information back to the Sword, then we can poke around the ship some more. I need to go get some new flight software anyway, wanted to reload it in case there were any lingering traps.

Take note of any displayed numbers on the ship, like a model or tail number, then leave a drone patrolling around the ship and head with Jack back to the Sword to get the data analyzed.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19769 on: October 24, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

((Well if only one person is gonna like your idea, its nice if it turns out to be the GM :P
And as for why I went with the End-heavy build I figured I would need that for the whole "too dumb to register pain" thing. I just kinda thought the Uncon bonus would give him something at least CLOSE to the lethal-hugs until he started leveling up and I could get his stats to truly reflect his strength

Also I'm glad no-one got offended at me basically making a retard and weaponizing his hugs :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 2101