_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1430 1431 [1432] 1433 1434 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733643 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Team Killer edition
« Reply #21465 on: December 13, 2013, 11:03:48 pm »

((It's still a military unit. Like it or not, a psychopath is far more efficient than an innocent child. I am not arguing that it will not be disastrous, I am merely stating that it has potential to be more controlled and less catastrophic.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21466 on: December 13, 2013, 11:04:20 pm »

((So wait, Avatars are sentient? Like the machines are sentient?

Also Xan, the problem GWG is trying to point out is that the AM probably hates you and would assassinate you if you ever got too powerful. And I doubt even if the battery-pill IS how she got like she is, that simply eating it and going one-winged-angel would increase your chances against her.

Because on the one hand, you would have the same powers, but on the other hand, she has presumably CENTURIES of experience USING those powers. Whereas you would be a newborn space-magic-god.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21467 on: December 13, 2013, 11:05:16 pm »

((I don't think @Xan gave her any more reason to hate him more than Grate.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21468 on: December 13, 2013, 11:08:09 pm »

I can haz healthcare?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21469 on: December 13, 2013, 11:11:38 pm »

((This. I haven't really talked with her all that much.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21470 on: December 13, 2013, 11:15:48 pm »

((So wait, Avatars are sentient? Like the machines are sentient?

((There's another brain in there.  In the flavor there are several mentions of restraints and the like.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21471 on: December 13, 2013, 11:25:50 pm »

((Makes you wonder what else is inside an Avatar...))

Ask Steve what can be fixed or needs to be done right now and how things are going on outside.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21472 on: December 13, 2013, 11:27:46 pm »

((Makes you wonder what else is inside an Avatar...))
((So its a sentient black box composed entirely of armor and other likely sentient black boxes? Sound about right?))

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21473 on: December 13, 2013, 11:29:33 pm »

((That you get your legs lopped off so you can slave yourself to.  Yup.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21474 on: December 13, 2013, 11:33:48 pm »

((It's still a military unit. Like it or not, a psychopath is far more efficient than an innocent child.
((Wrong. A psychopath who puts his own teammates at risk, as well as PR for a revolution, is more a liability than an asset if he can't be controlled. By which I mean, forced to do what he's supposed to be doing.))

I am not arguing that it will not be disastrous, I am merely stating that it has potential to be more controlled and less catastrophic.))
((A catastrophe controlled by a psychopath is far more dangerous than an uncontrolled one. And, really, the level of control and the personality behind it are the only differences between the two cataclysms proposed.))

((This. I haven't really talked with her all that much.))
((On the other hand...well, remember the time Steve's debriefing of you consisted of prolonged electric shocks? Your track record is already pretty bad. And you have displayed somewhat below-average aptitude at caring about teamkills, which since we're comparing it to HMRC average is pretty terrible.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21475 on: December 13, 2013, 11:38:24 pm »

((So? It isn't his fault that he didn't have a decomp. He couldn't have purchased one if he wanted to. How would a psychopath controlled catastrophe be worse? You're arguing that killing specific people is worse than localized omnicide. Yes Xan is unsavory, yes, he is psychopathic, so what? Psychopathy does not mean insanity. Yes he doesn't care about teamkills, but he hasn't teamkilled anyone on purpose. Or at all from what I can remember. How is a directed blast worse for PR than what Grate is doing?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21476 on: December 13, 2013, 11:42:08 pm »

((Apart from that time I incinerated a few city blocks while trying to get revenge after Stacy shot my foot off by accident, yeah I've been remarkably nonviolent toward other people.))
Sig! Onol

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21477 on: December 13, 2013, 11:42:40 pm »

((So? It isn't his fault that he didn't have a decomp. He couldn't have purchased one if he wanted to. How would a psychopath controlled catastrophe be worse? You're arguing that killing specific people is worse than localized omnicide. Yes Xan is unsavory, yes, he is psychopathic, so what? Psychopathy does not mean insanity. Yes he doesn't care about teamkills, but he hasn't teamkilled anyone on purpose. Or at all from what I can remember. How is a directed blast worse for PR than what Grate is doing?))
((Er...I think Psychopathy usually equates pretty well to insanity. I'm pretty sure you're thinking of SOCIOpathy.
Sociopathy= you don't care
Psychopathy= you actively attempt to harm people.
At least that's my understanding anyway.))

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21478 on: December 13, 2013, 11:44:13 pm »

((Other way around, I think.
That or oh wait
Psychopaths have no empathy, the violent ones are the dumb ones that can't blend in.))
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21479 on: December 13, 2013, 11:46:33 pm »

((Er...I think Psychopathy usually equates pretty well to insanity. I'm pretty sure you're thinking of SOCIOpathy.
Sociopathy= you don't care
Psychopathy= you actively attempt to harm people.
At least that's my understanding anyway.))
((Incorrect. Psychopathy is not as the media or popular culture portrays it. It is simply a reduction or absence of emotions and by extension, empathy. Psychopathy IS sociopathy.))
Pages: 1 ... 1430 1431 [1432] 1433 1434 ... 2101