_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728881 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21555 on: December 14, 2013, 03:57:56 pm »

((Well, that would be a last resort, we could just give it to the AM and have her screen its use.))
As long as Grate remembers the incident, there's no chance of him doing idiot stuff again.
((They are other people than Grate. Such as Mr. Calculator-Overdose over here.))
((Well, we'd need to improve locker security. Or, if it's good enough already, sleep easily.))

NinGM:
Oh, and GWG, there were other fatalities from nuclear power. Remind me to tell you about the grave in Arlington National Cemetery that you aren't allowed to be around for more then a few minutes at a time and the lead sarcophagus that lies there.
((...
News to me.))

Wake up. Try to remember what went on so I don't forget.

Lemme dig in my library for a few.....

There we are. "When Science goes wrong" by Levay.

It involves impalement with a control rod.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21556 on: December 14, 2013, 04:08:53 pm »

wake up, look around, and ask.
"mrow?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21557 on: December 14, 2013, 04:10:22 pm »

((Well, we'd need to improve locker security. Or, if it's good enough already, sleep easily.))
((Or give it to the AM and have her regulate it. I don't see why that would be so much of a problem.))
((Because:
1. Chances are, we can go with the "sleep easily" option.
2. If we take it away, Grate has absolutely squat he can do. Remember what happened last time Grate felt completely worthless?))

((Both, I see no need for anyone to get hyped up about energy matters in an RTD.))
[/quote]
((Explanation.))

((...Come to think of it, I have a lot of those in varying degrees when it comes to debating.))

((It's mostly an IC reason, as May values her own safety above the makings of any crazy bitches scientist people tinkering with a machine that, in general, causes some needed ruckus. Also, saying that the it's safe if it isn't handled by anyone incompetent, isn't very convincing when we're talking about these people.))
((Alright, I can't argue with IC reasons, as long as you don't try to use them to justify saying that it is best to do so.

So we should also confiscate bombs, repair kits, amps, manipulators, lasers, suits, and everything else that is dangerous in the wrong hands? Nothing being said is wrong about any of that. Especially the bombs and space magic.))

-snip-
((Thanks!))

It involves impalement with a control rod.
((I feel so terrible. I cracked up at that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21558 on: December 14, 2013, 04:12:20 pm »

((Or give it to the AM and have her regulate it. I don't see why that would be so much of a problem.))
((Because:
2. If we take it away, Grate has absolutely squat he can do. Remember what happened last time Grate felt completely worthless?))
((It matters not, the pill machine is not the only option.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21559 on: December 14, 2013, 04:12:42 pm »

Pan stiffens as the AM pats him on the shoulder.

"She just up and went and got him out of the maws of oblivion....astonishing"
"That's all good and well, but what the hell are we gonna do with the brat?"
"I don't rightly kn-"

"Hey, would you hand him over to me? I wanna get to the bottom of this.

Also, while you're at it, could you please go get that 'pill machine' he apparently used? Before he, or someone else, tries something like that again."

"Whelp, there you have it"
"We get to go and retrieve our WMD before the psychopathic magpies get to it. Sorry, your allies get to it."

"Sure thing chief, try not to break him, would you."

Hand grate over to Miyamoto. Go to Grate's locker and see if the machine is somewhere over there. If the locker is locked, use amps to open it up. If I still have not found it by then, ask Steve to the machine's location. Also, resend email to AM professing my admiration and humble request for apprenticeship

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21560 on: December 14, 2013, 04:14:07 pm »

((Because:
((It matters not, the pill machine is not the only option.))
((It's all he has, though. And what can he get? He has three tokens. Maybe four if he can sell the battery-less manipulator.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21561 on: December 14, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »

((It's mostly an IC reason, as May values her own safety above the makings of any crazy bitches scientist people tinkering with a machine that, in general, causes some needed ruckus. Also, saying that the it's safe if it isn't handled by anyone incompetent, isn't very convincing when we're talking about these people.))
((Alright, I can't argue with IC reasons, as long as you don't try to use them to justify saying that it is best to do so.

So we should also confiscate bombs, repair kits, amps, manipulators, lasers, suits, and everything else that is dangerous in the wrong hands? Nothing being said is wrong about any of that. Especially the bombs and space magic.))
[/quote]

((Nope. May can deal with those. She not only protected herself in China-9, but managed to save Skyrunner's character also. It's not even the pill machine itself, so much as certain people going, "With this contraption, I can become the most powerful being in the universe and control everything and potentially kill tons of people on my own whims!"))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21562 on: December 14, 2013, 04:16:46 pm »

((We no longer rely on personal tokens. He can get some from a mission fund, after all, they won't leave a person weaponless. He could tinker something as well.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21563 on: December 14, 2013, 04:18:14 pm »

((We no longer rely on personal tokens. He can get some from a mission fund, after all, they won't leave a person weaponless. He could tinker something as well.))
((Alright. What do you suggest Grate make next time he goes on a mission, assuming he can get enough funds?
And he has a weapon. It's a gauss rifle.))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21564 on: December 14, 2013, 04:19:19 pm »

((Congratulations, Grate and STEVEN HAWKING.  You managed to stump the AM.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21565 on: December 14, 2013, 04:20:51 pm »

((Approved prototypes are free. As long as their cost and use is justified well enough. He can sell the rifle, get a token or two from the fund and get something he can use.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Team Killer edition
« Reply #21566 on: December 14, 2013, 04:29:08 pm »

Yo May, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Nuclear power has one of the best Track records for safety of all time…one of the best track records of all time!

No, but really, Nuclear power is really safe. Even Chernobyl, the worst one, wasn't actually that bad unless you were a fireman there are the time. Theres a lot of misinformation about it, mostly coming from a documentary called " Chernobyl hearts", which had less research put into it then a damn middle school paper. Really, I think the number of deaths from nuclear power is a few hundred, at best. While Coal power as killed millions, one way or another. And isn't as efficient.

Oh, and GWG, there were other fatalities from nuclear power. Remind me to tell you about the grave in Arlington National Cemetery that you aren't allowed to be around for more then a few minutes at a time and the lead sarcophagus that lies there. 

((Man, I didn't expect this to start. Damn.

I'm just going to discount any justifications in-game by using RL examples, because reality in itself doesn't hold up to logic or rationalism.
What's beyond the edge of the universe? And what's beyond that?
Why do we exist?
Is there a such thing as free will?
How the fuck did Auburn manage to get a 109-yard touchdown?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21567 on: December 14, 2013, 04:29:51 pm »

Stacy dances in Nyars' direction.

"Say, good sir, did you notice that there's a dead fellow in that kiosk over there? I would assume he asked too many questions, being a scientist or boffin of some description. Perhaps you saw who eliminated the poor bugger? Or maybe how I could get into the science lab? I'd be glad to corroborate whatever story you came up with."

Ask decidedly too many questions of Nyars.

((I secretly hoped the AM would get killed or something. That would have been an interesting twist.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21568 on: December 14, 2013, 04:33:48 pm »

((Grate can't trade in his rifle. That rifle is Anton's, and it was a no-resale from the planetoid mission. I suggest that he instead gives it back lest he shoots someone with it, and invests in some scout eyes, and/or drones. He's best with aux and handi, so he should keep to that.

I was actually going to IC suggest an "engineering corps" detachment within the new ARM, so as to accommodate non-combat personnel like Grate (and to a degree, Anton) and give them a sort of a composite outlet.

To that end, the old HMRC quarters, now severely damaged and in need of renovation, would get its own laboratory/workshop, separate from the Armory, where tinkerers could pool their resources and work on prototypes together. Tinker is great, but it doesn't help much for actual building, and acquisition of resources.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21569 on: December 14, 2013, 04:42:30 pm »

((I like that idea.))
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 2101