_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5726642 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21600 on: December 14, 2013, 09:50:15 pm »

((Oops.))

Shift into a form more suited for battle. A dragon would be nice.

Quote from: Xan->All teammates, Doc, AM, Steve
A part of me just gained sentience before scuttling off somewhere. We should go hunt it down before it gets to some flesh reserves and starts growing.
Someone should shut down the food intake thing for now.
Find this thing. Burn it until it is dead. Use molotovs.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21601 on: December 14, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »

A dragon would be nice.
((You don't say...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21602 on: December 14, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »

A dragon would be nice.
((You don't say...))
((Drrraaaaaggggooooooonnnnssss in sssppppeeeeesssss))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21603 on: December 14, 2013, 10:00:51 pm »

((Nooooooo!  He was cool.))
((I'm very disappointed Grate didn't actually die but a friendly random NPC did.))

"About time to begin silencing witnesses, then."

Poke the growth again with the glove and make the skin get back to normal whether it works or not. Put upper arm armor back on and leave the ship to start scanning for witnesses.

If any is found and rapid response is needed, spew forth paralysis gas.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21604 on: December 14, 2013, 10:10:35 pm »

((I'm very disappointed Grate didn't actually die but a friendly random NPC did.))
((I'm sad the NPC died, too, but I'm not sure what to think about the first half (or middle third, whatever) of that statement...
And I think Nyars might have killed him. It sounds like an awfully violent explodey death for a chunk of shrapnel, and not nearly...matter-distorting enough for a weird-reality-warp thing.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21605 on: December 14, 2013, 10:11:36 pm »

((I'm sad the NPC died, too, but I'm not sure what to think about the first half (or middle third, whatever) of that statement...
And I think Nyars might have killed him. It sounds like an awfully violent explodey death for a chunk of shrapnel, and not nearly...matter-distorting enough for a weird-reality-warp thing.))
((He had no reason to. It was probably the shrapnel propelled at near c speeds.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21606 on: December 14, 2013, 10:12:47 pm »

((At those speeds, you're not going to explode things, or make bloody holes in them. You're going to punch straight through them, causing fusion in the process.))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21607 on: December 14, 2013, 10:14:35 pm »

((Nyars is only guilty for selling the pill machine, which could have triggered the guilt-related statement from PW.

Also, Grate's in an interesting state.  Since he's gone all Schrodinger, maybe he has nine lives... well, six now.

Or will the waveform collapse and all he's done become undone once he dies for real?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21608 on: December 14, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »

((I'd guess either 9 or 13 or something. That or he turns up, only dead.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21609 on: December 14, 2013, 10:16:53 pm »

((At those speeds, you're not going to explode things, or make bloody holes in them. You're going to punch straight through them, causing fusion in the process.))
((Fusion explodes things. Plus, I don't think its speeds or properties were consistent judging by the nature of its origin.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21610 on: December 14, 2013, 10:19:56 pm »

((Now we just need Grate to get old enough so we can crossbreed him with Lyra.))

Spoiler: Result (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21611 on: December 14, 2013, 10:20:44 pm »

"Dammit legs, why must you betray me? Little help here?"

Rest brain. Try not to get eaten by mini-Xan.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21612 on: December 14, 2013, 10:24:47 pm »

((Nyars is only guilty for selling the pill machine, which could have triggered the guilt-related statement from PW.

Also, Grate's in an interesting state.  Since he's gone all Schrodinger, maybe he has nine lives... well, six now.

Or will the waveform collapse and all he's done become undone once he dies for real?))
((I'm guessing that Grate basically went Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Start.
...The Konami Code gives infinite lives, right?))

((Fusion explodes things. Plus, I don't think its speeds or properties were consistent judging by the nature of its origin.))
((I'm just saying, if you're using the speed something's going at as an argument for the mess when it goes at, get your physics right.
And if reality was being warped that bad, I'd expect more weird than "big spatter".))

((Now we just need Grate to get old enough so we can crossbreed him with Lyra.))

Spoiler: Result (click to show/hide)
((1. We don't know if the quantum stuff is hereditary.
2. It's very possible that it works a bit like Gray Boy's power and just resets him to how he was when he was quantized.
2a. Gray Boy is a villain from Worm, a former member of the Slaughterhouse Nine, who (minor spoilers) can put people into infinite temporal loops. One of the reasons he was so dangerous is that he reset himself to a point around the time he got powers every few seconds, which fixed things like gaping wounds, lost limbs, and dirt on his school uniform.
3. Um.
4. Amusing, given that I've hinted that Lyra reminded him of the girl he knew back home.))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21613 on: December 14, 2013, 10:26:01 pm »

((Near c does necceariily not mean 0.99 c.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21614 on: December 14, 2013, 10:28:53 pm »

((The same effects will happen in some amount once you get to the point where you're measuring in percent of c. If you're "near c," you are presumably at least 0.5 c, which is sufficient for some fusion.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 2101