_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732542 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22530 on: January 04, 2014, 01:06:25 am »

((Eh, everything's easy on Easy. On anything higher than Normal Thin Men are a walking instakill for anything they shoot. Even if you're behind heavy cover 2 blocks away, hunkered down, they'll still hit and kill you. Because fuck you.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22531 on: January 04, 2014, 01:11:25 am »

((Eh, everything's easy on Easy. On anything higher than Normal Thin Men are a walking instakill for anything they shoot. Even if you're behind heavy cover 2 blocks away, hunkered down, they'll still hit and kill you. Because fuck you.))

((It's his first time learning all this stuff, give him a break. I don't know how anyone could win the game without save scumming if they went in on Classic with no prior knowledge.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22532 on: January 04, 2014, 01:17:55 am »

((Oh, I am, just responding to his thin men = inaccurate thing.
That said, you beat classic without any knowledge by being lucky as shit.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22533 on: January 04, 2014, 01:49:21 am »

((Well, there goes that theory...))
((Which one?))
((The one where Grate is only immortal as long as his death is not caused by himself.

This also pretty much disproves "as long as he's observed" unless Steve counts as an observer, plus some exotic ones a-la "not killed by hostile action". Given that the condition is said to be very specific, I'm beginning to lean towards "can be killed by no man of woman born".))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22534 on: January 04, 2014, 03:26:08 am »

((Which one?))
((The one where Grate is only immortal as long as his death is not caused by himself.

This also pretty much disproves "as long as he's observed" unless Steve counts as an observer, plus some exotic ones a-la "not killed by hostile action". Given that the condition is said to be very specific, I'm beginning to lean towards "can be killed by no man of woman born".))

((So queue up for a "I AM NO MAN" moment from some uwm chick later on? :P

I'm still going with "until STEPHEN HAWKING dies"

also I wonder if we can get multiple Grates if one of his bodies is revivable? !!SCIENCE!! must be done. Because can you imagine the horror on the UWMs faces when invaded by a all-Grate black ops team? That pops back into existence after every death? The fact he's a child makes it even more traumatizing :3))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22535 on: January 04, 2014, 03:27:30 am »

((Yeah but if you think about it, knives, guns, swords, explosives bullets, lasers and (probably) space magic aren't men born of woman either :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22536 on: January 04, 2014, 03:39:31 am »

((But knives, guns, swords, explosive bullets, lasers, and (except the rarest of cases) space magic don't kill people. It's the people (and sometimes automated defense systems) that kill people. That one murderous knife doesn't count. As does Ivan's gauss rifle.

"Until STEPHEN HAWKING dies" seems like a good guess too, though given the nature of quantum mechanics (such as it is, and/or such as we know it) I think it won't end with just "no more immortality". More like Grate will stop being an infinite-state system and pick one of his many instances to stay as, permanently, with the rest retroactively ceasing to exist.

Meaning, he should stop dying already. If only to have more of a chance to end up in a living body once his stint as a videogame character ends.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22537 on: January 04, 2014, 04:57:00 am »

(( Wow. I sense a developing theme in Grates' existence :P I'm a little surprised you didn't get a dex roll as well, but eh, as long as PW knows it isn't a permadeath, it looks like he's going to throw Grate into the meat grinder XD ))

*Skylar whistles idly to himself while he works*

Check to see if I can help cut the outer seal. If it would be a reach, don't bother, just go back to studying one of the intact plates so I know what to expect alignment wise

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22538 on: January 04, 2014, 10:26:02 am »

((Which one?))

((Wait, that big propeller thing was born of woman?))

Meaning, he should stop dying already. If only to have more of a chance to end up in a living body once his stint as a videogame character ends.))
((Oh darn, I forgot, I was intentionally dying!))

(( Wow. I sense a developing theme in Grates' existence :P I'm a little surprised you didn't get a dex roll as well, but eh, as long as PW knows it isn't a permadeath, it looks like he's going to throw Grate into the meat grinder XD ))
((I wonder how long until Grate's deaths outnumber those of the rest of the HMRC.))

((And, seriously, how do you save? I haven't been able to find such an option.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22539 on: January 04, 2014, 11:29:15 am »

((Which one?))

((Kill Grate permanently. Because by that logic, some woman somewhere gave birth to a van-sized rock, a hypervelocity metal slug, a wad of concentrated space magic, and a spinning blade thing.

...The Doktor really ought to ease up on those genetic experiments.))

((Not intentionally dying perhaps, but you are putting Grate in odd situations. :P))

((And, seriously, how do you save? I haven't been able to find such an option.))
((In XCOM? There's an option in the ingame main menu to save manually (during mission as well), and the main game options have an "autosave" setting that's off by default.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22540 on: January 04, 2014, 11:49:25 am »

Spoiler: X-Com Stuff (click to show/hide)

((Which one?))

((Kill Grate permanently. Because by that logic, some woman somewhere gave birth to a van-sized rock, a hypervelocity metal slug, a wad of concentrated space magic, and a spinning blade thing.

...The Doktor really ought to ease up on those genetic experiments.))
((Precisely. Not one of those things was born of woman, so obviously it's not MacBeth's thing.))

((Not intentionally dying perhaps, but you are putting Grate in odd situations. :P))
((Let's see...Death 1: Rock, no way to avoid. Death 2: Teamkill. Death 3: Manipulator battery, which you might have an argument for, but seriously the Doctor is terrible at telling people not to do stuff. Death 4: Terrible roll.))

((In XCOM? There's an option in the ingame main menu to save manually (during mission as well), and the main game options have an "autosave" setting that's off by default.))
((What main menu?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22541 on: January 04, 2014, 11:57:51 am »

((The Doctor probably wanted to see what would happen.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22542 on: January 04, 2014, 12:22:43 pm »

((What main menu?))
((Er, the one you see when pressing Escape? Are you playing an XBox version or something? How do you exit the game?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22543 on: January 04, 2014, 12:34:23 pm »

((What main menu?))
((Er, the one you see when pressing Escape? Are you playing an XBox version or something? How do you exit the game?))
((Alt-Tab.))
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22544 on: January 04, 2014, 12:37:35 pm »

((What main menu?))
((Alt-Tab.))
Hit esc. Click save.
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 2101