_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733242 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22950 on: January 16, 2014, 06:49:37 am »

((Can we make more tokens somehow?))

((No. You earn tokens, that's the whole point. You'll get some soon enough, either after the next mission(s) or from a team fund dedicated to such. Just don't piss off your team by spending it all. (says the guy who's character is a selectively intangible synthflesh walking armory decked out in custom equipment and to be staying on this planet to make new equipment designs for you all)))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22951 on: January 16, 2014, 07:42:03 am »

((How much is that? Trying to economise here, and I kinda want a sword.))
((Also, what are we fighting? I'm not grabbing a flamethrower against something made of metal.))

((Miyamoto can build decent melee weapons from scrap, dirt or whatever. I made a big naginata for myself already. Just ask him to make one for you when he's not busy with containing dangerous anomalies.

I also still have a civilian gauss pistol with some ammo I'd be willing to loan out for free.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22952 on: January 16, 2014, 09:37:29 am »

"Well, just talk to them and I'll check who's seen too much after that. After my entrance, I think they'll prefer to hide rather than listen." Milno says to the rest of the group, stepping to the side and letting them do their thing before checking for any witnesses. He takes a moment to dust off and send Steve a short message with a question:

Quote from: Milno to Steve
Is the Armory Master ok?

Ask Steve.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22953 on: January 16, 2014, 03:48:57 pm »

"... he's one bad mother-
Shut your mouth!
What? I was only talkin' bout St. Badger!
Oh, we can dig it!"

Get the survivors to the Sword. Poke Mesk at the ones who need immediate treatment before getting moved until they get better. Or not, if he's not responsive - after all, we can revive people, can't we?

"Fear not, survivors, for the Honeyed Badger has saved the day, along with his brave sidekicks! Follow us, and you will be delivered in the safe hands of the ancient masters of the sacred art of triage!"
Judging by their faces, you're not helping.  Really, talking nonsense at a bunch of traumatized survivors probably ain't the best way to get them to cooperate.

((Seeing as Charles is a Speech-Charisma character, I'll have him stay in the Sword and possibly try and demoralize them by radio or something.))

((Could you please repost this in the combat thread? That'll make it easier later on when we need to organize everybody.

Also, you sure you want to stay on the Sword? Cause I could always put you on a defense team with another player character so you wouldn't be alone, so to speak; Not saying you have to, just pointing out the option.))
((Maybe, I'll consider it, but seeing as Charles' rifle fires ClF3 and he is entirely able to roll a one unless he uses a dynamic bonus, limiting him to attack every two turns, his partner would probably have to be competent enough to do it alone anyway.))

Charles clears his throat "Ladies and Gentlemen, if I may have the honor of speaking to you all today in such dire circumstances..."
Charles speech rolls them in an attempt to proselytize them to the ARM and make them hostile to the UWM.

[speech:6+1+1-1]

"Ok people, here's how it goes. We are a group of formal criminals turn rebellious organization. Among our members are murders, arsonists, mad bombers, mutants, psychopaths, tiger fuckers and Jay walkers. We are lead by a computer whose great size and level of galactic observation makes him as close to omnipresent as anything humanity can come across outside of scripture. Our goal is to overthrow the entire UWM and to recreate the government as a freer, better society. Possibly run by Murderers, arsonists, mad bombers , etc.

Now you have two options. You can come with us, be rescued and live out a nice, mostly peaceful life here or on any other planet, if you want to tag along with us until we get where you want to go. OR, I can have the guy who just punched a 3 foot thick slab of concrete in half shoot you in the stomach and then pump you full of memory erasing drugs so that you forget being afraid of us, and possibly your childhood. Your choice. Now, Show of hands for the gut shots and Amnesia?"

No one raises their hands.

"Peachy! Now if you would, please answer any questions my colleges have and then we will start our little march back to the infirmary where we'll get you checked out and then you'll be free to go."

""can a mark suit make out here yet..... .... cause I can't ..... take much more
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN (well roll) towards the end room pop hatch then pass out or something

[5]
By some miracle you manage to stumble out the door and close it behind you before passing out.

You wake up in the infirmary with the doctor looking down on you.

"Have to replace...Mostly everything. Your body is too hot for the nurses to work on. You're giving people radiation burns just by touching you."

And then darkness.

Lars bows to the assembled civilians.  "Hear ye the words of Charles, who speaks for the ARM!"

Support the efforts of the diplomat.
"I feel as though my support may have been misplaced." You muse to yourself as the survivors shakily form a single file line.

"Ah... Damn it."
Go to the stash. Get a drink. Moderate self.
You drink several big gulps of booze.

"You're banned for vulgarity and spamming." you mutter to yourself.

buy kinetic amp and gauss rifle
Just gonna check but you know the kinetic amps aren't the "put in your brain" amps right?

"Ah... Damn it."
Go to the stash. Get a drink. Moderate self.

May walks to the bar(?).

"Oh hi Thomas!"

Be moral-support girlfriend to the toughened fighter-soldier guy, just like in the movies. 

You head over to where thomas is quietly berating himself for using leet speak and give him a hug. You tell him he's not a complete failure.

Steve Saint follows Marcius to the Armory, and smiles upon spotting Steve.  He offers to shake Steve's good hand

"Hello there, mind if I ask who you are?  I'm Steve."

Steve Saint then buys a Sub-Exoskeleton Model C "Confidence", for two tokens.  Saint also wants to know if the GM is willing to let him hold a conversation with Steve.
I don't think those ever made it into the armory; you'd have to wait for the AM to get back for custom stuff.

>Likewise.

Yeah, you can talk to him. Anyone can talk to steve any time!

((Can we make more tokens somehow?))
Buy a Mark 2 from the armory via Steve. Ask either Steve or Simus for a weapon (or tokens to buy a weapon.)
Steve gives you a MK II

>According to my records you're pretty much crap with all forms of weapon. So here, have a cutting torch. It can be used as a weapon in a pinch and it's more your speed.

He gives you a cutting torch.

"Well, just talk to them and I'll check who's seen too much after that. After my entrance, I think they'll prefer to hide rather than listen." Milno says to the rest of the group, stepping to the side and letting them do their thing before checking for any witnesses. He takes a moment to dust off and send Steve a short message with a question:

Is the Armory Master ok?

Ask Steve.

>She's fine. Just resting. Even she has her limits, and it's easier to rest when she's not trying to maintain her appearance.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22954 on: January 16, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »

((Keeping up her appearance? Oh my.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22955 on: January 16, 2014, 04:07:53 pm »

((27 missions and not a scratch on her, indeterminate age in face of being highly knowledgeable in Steve's matters, incredible skill with amps including biochemistry overrider...

I don't remember if I actually posted that theory, but - called it. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22956 on: January 16, 2014, 04:25:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure I knew that. Just let me check with my former self - Hey other me, you dd want Kinetic Amplifiers, right? Yeah, i wanted Kinetic Amplifiers. What am I, some sort of freak that uses his brain as a weapon? .....

Sorry, my other self is a smartass.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22957 on: January 16, 2014, 04:38:24 pm »

((I normally would point out that he does have a decomp, but this is far more amusing.))
"On the bright side, most of them have mellowed out or did the murders, arsons and bombings against the UWM rather than civilians."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22958 on: January 16, 2014, 04:49:50 pm »

((Can this cutting torch set things on fire?))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22959 on: January 16, 2014, 05:06:33 pm »

((IIRC the cutting torch is a short ranged, high intensity laser. I'm sure you can try and set stuff on fire, but you'd be better off shoving the business end into your enemies face.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22960 on: January 16, 2014, 05:12:50 pm »

((I normally would point out that he does have a decomp, but this is far more amusing.))
"On the bright side, most of them have mellowed out or did the murders, arsons and bombings against the UWM rather than civilians."

"Yes. That is indeed a technically correct thing. Really, we all mean well. We can just get caught up in the moment sometimes. And who can blame us for that? Nobody, that's who!"

Once questions are asked and answered, deliver these poor, unfortunate souls to the ship.

"Have to replace...Mostly everything. Your body is too hot for the nurses to work on. You're giving people radiation burns just by touching you."

And then darkness.

((Now the Doctor's going to have the janitor's hot body all to himself.

I didn't want to say that, but felt I had to.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22961 on: January 16, 2014, 05:24:46 pm »

Go find out where everyone is briefing and pretend to pay attention
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22962 on: January 16, 2014, 05:44:19 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING INVENTS HELPING! Again.....I'm pretty sure I used that joke already.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22963 on: January 16, 2014, 08:16:42 pm »

((Well, what many people already suspected about the AM was confirmed out of the blue. I suppose Steve's lack of tact extends even to his most valuable allies.))

"Well, good to see we're doing it the easy way. Now answer: anyone seen anything strange while wandering around? Strange lights and noises or the like?" Milno asks the group of survivors, crossing his arms and not making an effort towards looking threatening since they seemed afraid enough.

Here's hoping they won't begin lying out of fear or something.

Question people and administer drugs as needed. Send Steve a message.

Never pegged her as the type to care much about appearance.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22964 on: January 16, 2014, 08:55:24 pm »

"Not a complete failure, huh, May? Thanks."
He smiles at her, then takes a drink of something. Doesn't really matter what, so long as it's intoxicating.
Pages: 1 ... 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 ... 2101