_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1567 1568 [1569] 1570 1571 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686836 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23520 on: February 02, 2014, 09:15:37 am »

((I'll get the HMRC Pantheon on there at some point.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23521 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:19 am »

((I have to agree with the bit about the plotting. Plotting is fun. Why don't more people conspire? We're revolutionaries! We're disrespecting the spirit of the glorious revolution by not plotting each others' demise and our own rising to power. What would Stalin say, you guys?))
((Possibly "Кто ты безумные космические идиоты и почему вы ко мне пристали?" Or that, but in proper Russian and not Google-Translated stuff.
But I don't think that we should base our plans off of the worst parts of a revolution leading to a fail-heavy government. No offense, Russians, but Communism wasn't the best phase of your nation's history.))

((Im trying to save Simus' life here, i dont wanna be the guy who goes around permakilling players.

If my beetletank gets dismantled Auron will take revenge on those responsible and considering Simus murdered him hes not going to simply settle for a leg shot this time, hes going to aim to erase her from existance.))
((Read this. Rich knows what he's talking about.
To summarize: Reconsider your character's actions. Find a way to play Auron that doesn't end in him trying to permakill people. For instance, he could realize that vengeance is futile, or he could try and ruin Simus's career rather than kill her. Actually, that sounds hilarious. I insist that you do that.))

-snip-
((Noted.
Say, should our characters have an "Inventory" or "Notable Accomplishments in the HMRC" or "History" section?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23522 on: February 02, 2014, 10:46:07 am »

DEMONS FROM HELL! THEY ARE DEMONS FROM THE DARK RECESSES OF THE UNDERWORLD. YOU PUNCH THE COMPUTER SCREEN AND START SCREAMING ABOUT THE POWER OF SPACE CHRIST.
GO TO LARS AND SCREAM TO HIM ABOUT THE POWER OF SPACE CHRIST!

ALSO SCREAM ABOUT THE POWER OF SPACE CHRIST TO EVERYONE I MEET ON THE WAY TO LARS!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23523 on: February 02, 2014, 10:47:43 am »

((Oh no. A Space Christian versus a Space Polytheist.))
*grabs popcorn*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23524 on: February 02, 2014, 11:00:41 am »

From here
> Played a role on the 'defense team'. The one guarding the Sword on the Cradle as Milno/Jim's team assaulted the Command Center for Hephaestus.
Problem was: I didn't do much but mourn Lyra, and help Grate get some strange fuzzy burrowing creatures with mandibles to the Sword in a box. And 'test gravity' in the way sadness goes. That was it.

Inquire on recent events past the capture of the Hephaestus Command Center.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23525 on: February 02, 2014, 11:25:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23526 on: February 02, 2014, 11:27:56 am »

((And yes im well aware of the hypocrisy of that final paragraph seeing as im going to do the exact same thing, but i dont care.
((Think long and hard about what you've written, UP. And also consider other alternatives.
Finally, consider this. Pretty much everyone is against you. That's a damn good sign that you're probably wrong.))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23527 on: February 02, 2014, 11:46:28 am »

((And yes im well aware of the hypocrisy of that final paragraph seeing as im going to do the exact same thing, but i dont care.
((Think long and hard about what you've written, UP. And also consider other alternatives.
Finally, consider this. Pretty much everyone is against you. That's a damn good sign that you're probably wrong.))
((Ive considered the alternatives. they all end in me surrendering all my free will and/or watching my beetletank get destroyed thus making the past several weeks a complete waste of time, neither of which are acceptable options.

My only acceptable options are argue now and revenge on failure. Pyro on the other hand has the ability to end this right now, all Simus needs to do is say "fine let him keep the damn tank." Then threaten to destroy it and or auron if he goes back on his word to replace the cannon and repair the ships.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23528 on: February 02, 2014, 11:48:09 am »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23529 on: February 02, 2014, 11:51:57 am »

((I'd rather not see the spider tank destroyed. Auron wasn't the only one who worked on it, and it seems viable as a war machine. That said, Auron still needs a lot of discipline.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23530 on: February 02, 2014, 11:52:27 am »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)

((I have to concur at this point. The main reason I've put up with the OOC arguments for this long is that I still sort of have a fondness for it, from my id-based rationale, or lack of it.
Hey, I grew up in a culture where brazen wit was the way you handled disputes.
You know what I do like though? IC Character Development.))

"Have you got everything figured out Erin?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23531 on: February 02, 2014, 11:55:08 am »

((Ive considered the alternatives. they all end in me surrendering all my free will and/or watching my beetletank get destroyed thus making the past several weeks a complete waste of time, neither of which are acceptable options.

My only acceptable options are argue now and revenge on failure. Pyro on the other hand has the ability to end this right now, all Simus needs to do is say "fine let him keep the damn tank." Then threaten to destroy it and or auron if he goes back on his word to replace the cannon and repair the ships.))
((I notice how you say your only options are "Simus gives me what I want or I take the most destructive path of vengeance on her".))

But yeah, while he doesn't have a real good shot at... doing much of anything, really, if it's in-character for Auron to get righteously furious over the situation, have at...
((If his IC responses are going to screw up the game, reconsider. Like I said, there are other options. Auron could try politely reasoning with Simus in hopes of getting what he wants. If he doesn't, he could cut his losses to avoid losing more, and if that's unacceptable he could take a more subtle path to vengeance. I believe I suggested trying to ruin Simus's career?))

((Could you define "brazen" as it is used in this context?))
Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23532 on: February 02, 2014, 11:56:22 am »

((GWG, no-one is agreeing with you. Nobody appreciates the constant OOC bickering.
Please, just stop.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23533 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:32 am »

((Not without getting an infraction from Toady again.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23534 on: February 02, 2014, 12:03:05 pm »

((GWG, no-one is agreeing with you. Nobody appreciates the constant OOC bickering.
((The latter is true. The former is not. Many people want Auron to resolve this in a way that doesn't come at a risk of permakills, including Unholy_Pariah.))

((Not without getting an infraction from Toady again.))
((Oh. Not so great, then.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1567 1568 [1569] 1570 1571 ... 2101