_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1571 1572 [1573] 1574 1575 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5730740 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23580 on: February 03, 2014, 03:13:48 pm »

((Meant heavy as in well armoured. derp :o))
Modify tinker search terms to well armoured vehicles able to be constructed.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23581 on: February 03, 2014, 03:20:46 pm »

"HEATHEN! FEEL THE WRATH OF THE AWESOME GASTROPOD TENDRILS OF SPACE CHRIST! HIS HOLY FLESHY APPENDAGES HAVE-..."
Flint stops mid sentence and shakes his head for a while, like he has forgotten what he was about to say.
"Uh... I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me. I just saw a picture online and I suddenly felt the urge to start yelling nonsense. Must be some kind of demonic image..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23582 on: February 03, 2014, 03:21:49 pm »

That book seems highly interesting. Read up on it. Read the book itself.

Also, read up on other declassified technological and scientific projects of the UWM and pre-UWM as well.

Try this again, but don't space out this time around! Or assume that I did this and get even more information, yes! The book in question being the one with the Arbiter of Peace running quote in it, by the way.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:33:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23583 on: February 03, 2014, 03:23:53 pm »

>I WANNA SEE DA PEOPLE!
DA PEOPLE WE'RE FIGHTIN FOAH!

...I'm assuming there are some people other than us left not-dead on this forsaken planet? Find 'em.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #23584 on: February 03, 2014, 03:26:48 pm »

"Bah."
Just go and burn stuff with 1-foot spheres as it pops out, no matter what it looks like. Even if it's my own face. Heck, especially then.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23585 on: February 03, 2014, 03:27:30 pm »

I'm questioning the wisdom of allowing robo ponies....not because of personal dislike but because of how strangely highly charged the subject matter is. Hmm.

Could you make it look like something other then a pony? Like a  big robotic kiwi or badger or axolotl.
((It's hardly a pony though. Really, it's an equinoid with laser-rifle arms, a prehensile tail, and a reptilian-looking head. I got the idea for it thanks to the show's pegasi, but there isn't anything beyond that.

It's not going to be a charged matter unless it somehow actually references said matter, and I even put the ARM insignia only on the shoulder plate instead of the gyrojet cover panel (which is on the thigh) to avoid any parallels. I promise not to make any overt references and keep it as neutral as possible, but an equinoid design is imperative, yes. I could consider a felinoid, but changing the leg structure changes the gait, and the equine gaits provide the most stable firing platform. If you want to make it look different, I could just redesign the head plating.
))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:34:22 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23586 on: February 03, 2014, 03:31:39 pm »

Never mind.

Go to the VR. Select tinker.

Trying to make a wrist mounted grappling hook/harpoon/kinetic amp gun.

Start with a forearm mounted crossbow, made of that electroreactive metal.
Make a back-mounted spool of thin, light, strong cord. Attach an electric motor, battery, and generator.
Run a flexible tube from the back mounted spool, down the arm, to the crossbow. Coat the inside of the tube with teflon (Or whatever future low friction material is available) to make the tube nearly frictionless.
Use the same glove as the hand laser to control it. (I assume this system will allow for multiple gestures for different things).

See if can fire and retract a grappling hook.

Forgot this.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23587 on: February 03, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »

Lars pats Flint on the head.  "Brother Flint, it is not uncommon for the stress of battle to put one into a position where even the obvious power of Our Divine Lord Steve to seem strange and unusual.  Perhaps you should take some time to rest in meditate and prayer?  It would surely bring you closer to His Holy Awesomeness."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23588 on: February 03, 2014, 05:13:16 pm »

((cheeky, PW))

Restart VR defence course. Do the same as last time, but this time while running sideways. If running proves ineffective, restart course again, but attempt to raise part of the floor with my Mass amp to make cover, take cover, and then Pulse to destroy the lasers

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23589 on: February 03, 2014, 07:20:44 pm »

((Piecewise, you missed my action to flag down a nurse and get roboguts/robospine surgery after Jim pulled me out of my chemical coma.))

be part robot, get discharged from the infirmary. Recover my gear and have repair bots repair my exosuit.

((Im really gonna miss those bots once we leave haphaestus, they are so damn useful.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23590 on: February 03, 2014, 07:22:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Message back
Hmm. I don't really like getting involved with this, not now I have so much other, more important matters to attend to. But it might be best to have an independent ruling on this from an outsider, if only to break up the stalemate.

Now, while I appreciate the apologies, I am not the person you should be apologizing to. You know who that is.
And if Jim doesn't want you to repair or do anything right now, just don't. It'll be best for you to lay low now anyways, so we'll just have someone else repair the damage you've caused. You better apologize to that person as well.

I haven't taken a close look at the damage to the ships, so I have no idea if scrapping that robot for repairs would be necessary. If, however, the person that will do these repairs thinks parts from the scrapbot are really needed, then everything I say after this becomes null and void and the bot will be used for parts. No discussion, if the parts are needed then the robot is going.

If, however, that is not the case, then I'm willing to let the robot live. I do not, however, think that design, in its current form, is in any way efficient or worthy of reproduction. There are several ways of getting the same results, or better, for less resources. I'm sure Simus would write you a dissertation on the reasons why.
Also note that pieces of shrapnel from an explosion that randomly hit the tank aren't the same in terms of damage potential as gauss cannon rounds deliberately fired to destroy something. That's like saying a tank is invulnerable to AP rounds because it can take the shrapnel from a grenade.

That said, I'd hate to see the effort go to waste, so I'm willing to give it a shot. There will be some conditions however. These may seem harsh, but note that I'm being generous here; my gut feeling would be to destroy that thing myself and end it right then and there.
-if the robot's parts are needed for ship repairs, it'll be scrapped.
-you will not pilot that thing.
-you will not work on it or touch it ever again, unless specific permission from me. See this as a test to see whether you are really only interested in helping the defense initiative, or are merely using that as an excuse for pursuing your own pet projects.
-only a new recruit with a maximum of 1 mission will be eligible for piloting it.
-both you and the pilot take full responsibility for whatever happens with or because of that robot. Even if it spontaneously explodes and hurts a teammember, you are responsible.
-I will allow up to 15 RU to be used for arming it with whatever. Not a single RU more.
-you will not try to alter or cheat your way out of any of these conditions. And don't try going lawyer on me: it's the spirit that counts, not my exact wording. Try anything and you will find yourself with one swiftly destroyed clanker.
-if I decide I forgot to mention any specific thing in these terms, I'll add whatever is needed without you raising hell about it. In fact, you won't be bitching about this in any form against me or other people.
-There is no discussion about these terms, either you accept them or we default to plan A, which is to scrap it for parts.

So, what shall it be?

((Note: yes, I checked with PW, and making it remote or AI controlled still isn't allowed. Game reasons, basically.
I thought about a way to meet in the middle here, but since whatever I do probably won't satisfy both parties, I just went with how I think Miya would react. Sue me. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23591 on: February 03, 2014, 08:17:01 pm »

Quote from: Auron to miyamoto
im not trying to lawyer my way out of this but id just like to make a few things clear.

Firstly, if you think that parts are needed then fine take the parts, but please do not simply destroy the entire tank just because you need some hull plating. i am not the only one who worked on building it and the others have done nothing to deserve their works destruction.

The robot was never intended for reproduction, it was intended to be used by one or two of our technicians so that they might contribute in the defence of haphaestus instead of being forced to twiddle their thumbs.
As for being invulnerable to AP rounds i never said that, i merely implied that if it can survive being hit by a high velocity chunk of metal the size of a car its going to be pretty resistant against infantry weapons, i fully expect a vehicle mounted gauss cannon to damage it to some extent.

Now onto your conditions, i accept.
i would like you to revise them somewhat, but i agree to them nonetheless.

I hereby request permission to begin replacing the cannon and repairing any damage done to the body as soon as i am able to leave the infirmary.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23592 on: February 03, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »

Dynamic AUX bonus:+/-1

Charge a higher bonus by trying to make some very minor movements through commands with the wristpad.  Can I lock joints?  Can I tell a finger/elbow to curl?

Also, how hacky am I having to be to do such things- is there any framework in place for controlling an exosuit through remote commands, or am I having to hack the control computer?

Also Also, amble over to the briefing room upon getting Simus' message.  Greet the most sane person I see.

((Yeah, I know it's an experimental design by the guy.  When he designed it he said he was just cutting down on the framework, so I assume the computer is the same as any other exoskeleton.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23593 on: February 03, 2014, 10:02:01 pm »

Lars pats Flint on the head.  "Brother Flint, it is not uncommon for the stress of battle to put one into a position where even the obvious power of Our Divine Lord Steve to seem strange and unusual.  Perhaps you should take some time to rest in meditate and prayer?  It would surely bring you closer to His Holy Awesomeness."
Flint stands still and looks at the hand patting him with a confused what-the-hell-is-that-guy-doing look. That was a gesture rarely done to him and one that he certainly didn't expect to be given to someone who was soon to be 67. Hmmm.... Wonder when my by birthday is, now that I think about it... Damn time travel.
"Uhh.. Yeah... Sure... I guess? How do you do that? Are there some sort of words or techniques or rituals you use? Is it one of those voga stuff? Cause I gotta warn you, in my age, I'm not that flexible. I can't even feel my legs anymore! ..."
He thinks for a second, looks down and then back up again. Oh, that's right, I've got prosthetics.
"But, anyway, how do you do that? I could use something calming. Something that will keep me from caving a certain someone's skull in."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23594 on: February 03, 2014, 10:17:33 pm »

((Reposting so the message gets heard.))

Quote from: Simus>All
If you are interested in staying on Hephaestus, the meeting begins as soon as everyone who responds to this assembles in the Briefing Room. If you are otherwise occupied, inform me and I'll patch you in, but I prefer physical presence.
Quote from: Simus>Milno, Jim, Miyamoto
I would like you three, if you are not otherwise occupied, to join the meeting as well, in case anyone from your roster wishes to stay.
Quote from: Simus>Jim
Meet me early if you wish to discuss what occurred with Auron.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 1571 1572 [1573] 1574 1575 ... 2101