_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733401 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24165 on: April 07, 2014, 05:20:25 pm »

Feyri questioned the idea. While you may be built for war, I doubt that's the only thing you're good at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24166 on: April 07, 2014, 05:52:09 pm »

"Eh, well, maybe with enough time I could pick up some other trade. Nothing's impossible. Right now, though, that's the extent of my skillset." He shrugged off the worry. Until the revolution was over, it didn't really matter that he didn't know how to do much other than fight.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24167 on: April 08, 2014, 10:32:02 am »

((Neat, arm cannon. It's too bad I'll probably blow off my own arm the first time I use it, if I'm lucky, but it is awesome. I wonder if VR has a Megaman sim, so maybe I could get experience with similar weapons.))
Ask Nyars if it would be appropriate to put the arm cannon on. Not to fire it or anything, but to see how heavy or unwieldy it was. And to see whether or not it latches onto my arm. Put the arm cannon on if Nyars doesn't give me a reason not to. Take it back off if it doesn't latch on, then go see if there is a Megaman or Metroid simulator in the VR database.
Nyar's response is a resounding shrug and "Well, you're probably gonna have to if you ever wanna use it."

You put it on.

It latches firmly onto your arm and refuses to come back off.

Of course.

More worryingly, a small green lcd display flips up on the top of the gun and reads "Physical challenge: Bash someone with the gun! Penalty: Electroshock! Time: 15 minutes!"

Any friend of Nik's is a friend of ours.
Hear hear

It's just a laser, as far as you can tell. Draws from the Avatar power source though, so thats nice.
There are the standard laser options such as diffusion, intensity and this one also appears to have a "Pulse" feature that will cause it to fire for X amount of time with each trigger pull.
Neato, that saves me a couple of tokens.

How much would a pair or mechanical arms with fingers at the end that can be controlled remotely cost? Basically, I'd put them on a finger when Miya needs to manipulate something small like a computer keyboard or a gaping chest wound. Also, would using these require an aux roll, and would this roll be on top of whatever roll required for what I'm trying to do (e.g. aux roll for manipulating the arms, and then another aux roll for using the computer).

Next to this, how much would it additionally cost if these arms were mounted on a small wheeled/tracked vehicle (like those radio controlled toys, but with two long arms for manipulating stuff)?

Well, assuming we wired these arms directly into your synapses like with the avatar's arms, we could get away with having them not use Aux rolls. Though, this would mean you could only use one of the sets of arms at a time, unless we altered a few systems in the avatar to make dual use possible, but thats what we call an optional feature. Costs extra. Along with the rust proof sealant. Cost would be relatively small for the arms themselves, mechanical limbs ain't too expensive, especially if you just wanna use a pair of standard robody ones. Could stick them on your chest like the alien queen, you be good to go.

Putting them on a little car would work too, but seems rather an odd idea.

((Huh, how come the suit and everything could only be sold for half the price if they are still new, undamaged and fully charged/in full amount?))
I see. If I recall correctly, those aren't free, unlike vanilla cigarettes?
Anyway, thank you for the advice. By any chance, do you know how well the defense of Hephaestus has fared so far? What is your opinion of the tactical decisions taken both in preparation for it and in its course? Are the ARM up to the task?
Maurice smiled warmly as he asked.
Socialize.
Have they been worn on missions? Stuff is like a car: loses half it's value the second it leaves the lot. If it hasn't been worn on missions, then it's full price.

"No, they're free. Most recreational drugs are. So far, it seems to be going rather well. I'd prefer to actually be out there helping but," She shrugs, "the essence of a good soldier is their capacity to follow orders and understand a plan, personal feelings or not."

You need any explanation of what the hell is going on or you ready to jump in?
((Nah, I'm good. I have been given some links to the wiki already. I guess I can act now?))
Get clothing and the computer from the bin. Put everything on.
Check computer with little interest.

Meh.
Proceed to the armoury.
You get clothed and check your wristpad. It's a wristpad. Tiny little tablet computer. You can play movies on it in squint-o-vision. Woo.

You head to the armory and find a few people hanging around a kiosk with a very attractive woman  in it.

"As far as I know, everyone that could go on the current mission has went. But you could always familiarize yourself with the ship - unless you'd rather stay on Hephaestus here and help the people being left in control of it." Jim looked up at the ceiling. "Or you could always just ask Steve about anything you want to know about. He usually has answers. For example... Steve, do you mind telling him the status of the current mission?"

Jim asks this of Steve.

Jim looked over at ninja Feyri. "Yeah, I know. But we'll muddle through it. We always do."
>Allow me to patch you in to their com system.

>Going pretty well, I think.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24168 on: April 08, 2014, 12:07:43 pm »

((Guess it depends on whether current mission counts for me or not. Oh well, never mind.))
Maurice nodded solemnly.
Indeed.

Back to the smokes- are any of those available in a form suitable for pipe smoking?
Also, what about heightening brain function instead of lowering it? I remember there being certain drugs quite capable of that.

Keep talking.
((Cue in the AM offering MDT-48 :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24169 on: April 08, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »

Look down at the LCD and read what it says. Look back at Nyars, then at the gun, then back at Nyars. Decide not to bash Nyars. "Guess I'll have to find someone to bash." Seek out the four armed man and ask if it would be okay for me to bash him with the gun. 

"Hey...um, this is sort of awkward to ask, but would you mind if I bashed you with this cannon thing attached to my arm? I know it's an odd thiing to ask, but I just got this thing and now it wants me to bash someone or get shocked. You looked pretty tough, so I was wondering if you would let me bash you if it won't inconvenience you too much. I'd like to avoid getting shocked if at all possible so early after getting out of stasis."

If the four armed man lets me bash him, then do so. If not, look around for other people to bash. If the timer reaches one minute before the situation is resolved, bash myself in the arm. The arm without the cannon on it, to be specific.

EDIT: Bash Jim in the shoulder he specified ONLY. Nowhere else.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:11:32 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24170 on: April 08, 2014, 02:56:06 pm »

Well, assuming we wired these arms directly into your synapses like with the avatar's arms, we could get away with having them not use Aux rolls. Though, this would mean you could only use one of the sets of arms at a time, unless we altered a few systems in the avatar to make dual use possible, but thats what we call an optional feature. Costs extra. Along with the rust proof sealant. Cost would be relatively small for the arms themselves, mechanical limbs ain't too expensive, especially if you just wanna use a pair of standard robody ones. Could stick them on your chest like the alien queen, you be good to go.

Putting them on a little car would work too, but seems rather an odd idea.

Nah, operating one pair at a time is good enough. Thing is, I think I'd prefer them to be detachable, so I can take them out and put them on my hand or something when needed, then put them away again into quantum backpack. Mostly for protection (they'll get damaged fast sitting on my chest). Mounting on a vehicle would be to manipulate stuff in small rooms the Avatar can't enter.

So, could I get a price for:
-robobody arms attached to chest like you proposed, usable one at a time, connected to neuroport, with rust sealant
-same robobody arms that I can attach to my hand
-those arms, but longer and on a small wheeled vehicle, connected to neuroport for operating (the arms, not the vehicle).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:56:51 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24171 on: April 08, 2014, 04:30:23 pm »

You head to the armory and find a few people hanging around a kiosk with a very attractive woman  in it.
As Mir saw the woman in the kiosk, he checked that the sign said "armory".
Make that "double checked".
Unsure about his decision, he headed to the kiosk.
Walk up to the kiosk, greet the woman.

W-well, hello there, Mir said whilst checking the prices.
You sell weapons? Here?
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24172 on: April 08, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »

Jim looked at this guy like he was crazy for a few moments before sighing. "Shoulder only. Anywhere else and I'll have to injure you severely."

Let the guy bash me in the shoulder. If he attempts to bash anywhere else, forcibly stop him and break his non-arm-cannon arm's wrist, then send him packing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24173 on: April 08, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »

"Right...um, thanks. I appreciate you not killing me for asking, and for being so accommodating, since you don't owe me anything." Jason responded, blinking a few times. He was surprised that the four-armed man would be so willing to take a blow, but he wanted to get this out of the way before the man changed his mind. "I'm Jason, by the way." He introduced himself as he prepared to bash Jim's shoulder.

EDIT: Added targeted bashing action to previous post.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:20:42 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24174 on: April 08, 2014, 05:20:48 pm »

"Right. I'm Jim. This is Feyri sitting next to me and this other guy here didn't tell me his name." Jim turned slightly and raised his shoulder to make it an easier target.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24175 on: April 08, 2014, 08:42:26 pm »

((There is no way this can go wrong :D))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24176 on: April 08, 2014, 10:33:12 pm »

((There is no way this can go wrong :D))
((Absolutely no way. Ignore the popcorn. *munchmunch*))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24177 on: April 09, 2014, 06:57:37 am »

((Here's some from Xantalos's "private" infinite storehouse of it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24178 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:26 am »

((Here's some from Xantalos's "private" infinite storehouse of it.))
((That doesn't exist anymore. I poisoned it, planted tapeworms, facehuggers, Thing cells, Flood spores, and vomited in there, and then I blew it up retroactively inside everyone but myself who ate it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24179 on: April 09, 2014, 09:59:09 am »

((It's a meta enough thing that it's as easy to undo all that as to do it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 ... 2101