_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732857 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24180 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:26 am »

((Not mine, at least. Any recreated will have those same properties, and they'll get worse each moment.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24181 on: April 09, 2014, 10:02:21 am »

"Right. I'm Jim. This is Feyri sitting next to me and this other guy here didn't tell me his name." Jim turned slightly and raised his shoulder to make it an easier target.
Feyri waves at Jason. Why and where did you get that weapon?

"Eh, well, maybe with enough time I could pick up some other trade. Nothing's impossible. Right now, though, that's the extent of my skillset." He shrugged off the worry. Until the revolution was over, it didn't really matter that he didn't know how to do much other than fight.
Quote from: Fr: Feyri
You're much better than having skills 'only for fighting'. >_>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24182 on: April 09, 2014, 10:03:44 am »

((Not mine, at least. Any recreated will have those same properties, and they'll get worse each moment.))
((Not so. Again, it's meta enough that I can just recreate it as it was before you did that crap to it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24183 on: April 09, 2014, 10:07:09 am »

((Nope, as it's meta enough that I can retcon your recreation of it - and I can continue this game of mules for longer than you can.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24184 on: April 09, 2014, 10:35:15 am »

((Not so. Again, it's meta enough that I can just recreate it as it was before you did that crap to it.))
((Just take this to the OOC thread guys))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24185 on: April 09, 2014, 10:35:52 am »

"Right. I'm Jim. This is Feyri sitting next to me and this other guy here didn't tell me his name." Jim turned slightly and raised his shoulder to make it an easier target.
"Oh! Sorry! That was rude of me, The names Vincent" Vincent puts his hand out for a handshake
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24186 on: April 09, 2014, 10:41:17 am »

((Just take this to the OOC thread guys))
(No, don't bother taking it anywhere. Just shut up entirely until you two actually have something to say. That would be preferred.)

"Jim." Jim shook his hand with an appropriate one of his own and continued to wait for the incoming bash.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24187 on: April 09, 2014, 12:27:24 pm »

((Guess it depends on whether current mission counts for me or not. Oh well, never mind.))
Maurice nodded solemnly.
Indeed.

Back to the smokes- are any of those available in a form suitable for pipe smoking?
Also, what about heightening brain function instead of lowering it? I remember there being certain drugs quite capable of that.

Keep talking.
((Cue in the AM offering MDT-48 :P ))
"You could probably just cut them open and empty the contents into a pipe, if thats your deal."

"Blue smokes do it. As per heightening, that depends on your definition. Stimulants could be considered to heighten functioning, for instance. What, specifically, do you want to increase?"

Look down at the LCD and read what it says. Look back at Nyars, then at the gun, then back at Nyars. Decide not to bash Nyars. "Guess I'll have to find someone to bash." Seek out the four armed man and ask if it would be okay for me to bash him with the gun. 

"Hey...um, this is sort of awkward to ask, but would you mind if I bashed you with this cannon thing attached to my arm? I know it's an odd thiing to ask, but I just got this thing and now it wants me to bash someone or get shocked. You looked pretty tough, so I was wondering if you would let me bash you if it won't inconvenience you too much. I'd like to avoid getting shocked if at all possible so early after getting out of stasis."

If the four armed man lets me bash him, then do so. If not, look around for other people to bash. If the timer reaches one minute before the situation is resolved, bash myself in the arm. The arm without the cannon on it, to be specific.

EDIT: Bash Jim in the shoulder he specified ONLY. Nowhere else.

You give jim a good, solid, thwack on the shoulder. He seems not the slightest bit effected by your weak, human flailing. The gun BEEEEEEPS and the screen reads "Challenge completed! 1 charge has been stored!  Begin next challenge now?" The screen shows a little animation of you shaking the gun up and down to accept or side to side to decline.

Well, assuming we wired these arms directly into your synapses like with the avatar's arms, we could get away with having them not use Aux rolls. Though, this would mean you could only use one of the sets of arms at a time, unless we altered a few systems in the avatar to make dual use possible, but thats what we call an optional feature. Costs extra. Along with the rust proof sealant. Cost would be relatively small for the arms themselves, mechanical limbs ain't too expensive, especially if you just wanna use a pair of standard robody ones. Could stick them on your chest like the alien queen, you be good to go.

Putting them on a little car would work too, but seems rather an odd idea.

Nah, operating one pair at a time is good enough. Thing is, I think I'd prefer them to be detachable, so I can take them out and put them on my hand or something when needed, then put them away again into quantum backpack. Mostly for protection (they'll get damaged fast sitting on my chest). Mounting on a vehicle would be to manipulate stuff in small rooms the Avatar can't enter.

So, could I get a price for:
-robobody arms attached to chest like you proposed, usable one at a time, connected to neuroport, with rust sealant
-same robobody arms that I can attach to my hand
-those arms, but longer and on a small wheeled vehicle, connected to neuroport for operating (the arms, not the vehicle).
Well, lets just look at your desired specs of the thing on a little car. The arms are cheap, 2 token. Car...depends on it's specs but probably 3-5. so about 5-7 for an armed car for the purpose of poking.

You head to the armory and find a few people hanging around a kiosk with a very attractive woman  in it.
As Mir saw the woman in the kiosk, he checked that the sign said "armory".
Make that "double checked".
Unsure about his decision, he headed to the kiosk.
Walk up to the kiosk, greet the woman.

W-well, hello there, Mir said whilst checking the prices.
You sell weapons? Here?

"We sell practically everything here. Weapons included. Whatcha want?" She asks, head resting lazily in her hands.

Jim looked at this guy like he was crazy for a few moments before sighing. "Shoulder only. Anywhere else and I'll have to injure you severely."

Let the guy bash me in the shoulder. If he attempts to bash anywhere else, forcibly stop him and break his non-arm-cannon arm's wrist, then send him packing.
He bonks you in the shoulder. Heh, almost tickles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24188 on: April 09, 2014, 12:29:56 pm »

((If a "charge" is what I think it is, that cannon is either almost useless or incredibly powerful.
...Possibly both, actually, when you factor in the Overshot Factor in Utility (OFU).))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24189 on: April 09, 2014, 12:34:48 pm »

((If a "charge" is what I think it is, that cannon is either almost useless or incredibly powerful.
...Possibly both, actually, when you factor in the Overshot Factor in Utility (OFU).))
OOC thread or stop. >_>
EDIT: Bash Jim in the shoulder he specified ONLY. Nowhere else.

You give jim a good, solid, thwack on the shoulder. He seems not the slightest bit effected by your weak, human flailing. The gun BEEEEEEPS and the screen reads "Challenge completed! 1 charge has been stored!  Begin next challenge now?" The screen shows a little animation of you shaking the gun up and down to accept or side to side to decline.
That is one strange...gun. Any notes on that challenge idea?
On that note, I'll try to check up my Gungnir with the AM.

Go to Armory Master. Engage in banter and conversation, show Anton's Rifle, inquire on practical uses in regard to nonlethal applications.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24190 on: April 09, 2014, 03:16:29 pm »

"We sell practically everything here. Weapons included. Whatcha want?" She asks, head resting lazily in her hands.
W-well, a basic laser would be good, just as-as an additional b-battery for it - Mir said, stuttering more than usual.
I guess that will im-improve my chances to survive - he wheezed that last word.

Buy a Hand Laser and a charge pack for it.
If successful, look around and decide to go check out recreation room (the arrow thingy on the wall told me that)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:57:53 pm by lw »
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24191 on: April 09, 2014, 03:18:46 pm »

Well, lets just look at your desired specs of the thing on a little car. The arms are cheap, 2 token. Car...depends on it's specs but probably 3-5. so about 5-7 for an armed car for the purpose of poking.

Hmm, good to know. I'll probably just go for the detachable arms, and hold out for the car to mount them on later. Upgrades later, basic utility first.
Also, just for the record, I'm asking for all these prices for stuff for easy reference later, obviously not gonna be able to buy it all with this missions' payment.

So, that's 2-3 tokens for arms that can be attached and detached from hand, uses neuroport (so no extra roll) and with option to upgrade to vehicle-mount later, correct?
Secondly, what kind of options are there in terms of jet/rocket packs for an AoW? Is there a 'jump pack' (like a battlesuit's jump charges), and is there a 'flight pack' (like a mobility battlesuit's)?
Anything else (like a system resmbling that of a  melee battlesuit)?
What are their specs (how do they handle, how long can you fly with them etc.) and what is their cost?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:20:30 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24192 on: April 09, 2014, 03:39:24 pm »

Vincent smiles. Nice to meet you Jim. Well, now that I know that we are fighting against the HMRC, It'd probably be smart of me to get my hands on a weapon. I already seem to have some local currency on me, or at least, I think that's what these tokens are. You wouldn't be able to point me in the direction of where I could buy a weapon would you?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24193 on: April 09, 2014, 03:48:30 pm »

"Armory master's kiosk is right down the hall there." Jim pointed it out to Vincent, then turned to Jason. "So, did that work for the gun or what? I'm assuming you got it from Nyars, anyway." Jim turned back to Vincent. "Oh, yeah. You can take a gamble on buying something from Nyars instead. He's hard to miss as he's got a lot of crates and stuff by him. I wouldn't recommend it just yet though. You get useful stuff, sure, but you might not get a weapon. Jason here did, but as you can see he has to do stuff with it for it to work."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24194 on: April 09, 2014, 04:24:00 pm »

...Guess it's getting a little crowded in here. I should probably come later and rather not contribute to you being besieged by customers.

Hi Feyri! Nice to see you again! See you later!
Maurice spoke as he waded through the small crowd gathering at the kiosk.

People waking from the pods, veterans readying their equipment - apparently, a new mission is underway. Steve needs more bodies... Maurice smiled to himself as he walked down the corridors.

Go to the unused airlock and lock it up. Sit down on the floor and focus on raising mental barriers and keeping mind crystal clear.
CHARGE MAH WILLPOWAH!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:06:53 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 ... 2101