_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733731 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24300 on: May 01, 2014, 10:33:02 am »

And here I was hoping to see some Altered fighting action today. Silly me.

((Oh dear.  That sounds familiar.))
((Of course it does. It sounds like imminent doom.))

"To battle stations everyone one. Contact at the base ahead of us. Distance 20 KM. Evac pilots, prepare for lift off."
Go to my battle station. If I don't really have one, move to the front line, somewhere were I have good sight on the enemy while not standing in the way of our own men. Charge an AUX bonus (for shooting with the brace), set laser to max power, minimal diffusion.

Try to get an idea how far I'll need to throw my two flavors of nuke to ensure the bunkers are outside the blast radius.

Wait...it just occurred to me...how are you doing this and tinker at the same time?

Because I asked if it was ok if I posted actions in both threads at the same time, and you said yes:

Would you mind if I also tinkered in here while researching in the on ship thread? There's a lot of stuff I wanna do, but I don't wanna overload you with my stuff.

Sure.

So, can I still do that? If so, my action is the same.

If not, save my current settings and quit to tinker.

You walk over to the bunkers and stand on top of one of them-you're too big to get in, after all. You set your laser to "Lightsaber" mode and eyeball about how far you'll have to throw the nukes not to be caught in the blast. In general, you'd assume that just throwing them as far and as hard as you can is probably best..I mean hell, the davy crockett fired 0.1 kiloton nukes up to 3 miles and it still wasn't far enough to completely clear the crew from fallout. They're not the sorta thing you wanna underthrow.

As you think about this, a line of mushroom clouds boils up on the horizon. About 7 seconds later you hear the bangs, like a string of firecrackers. Then, a few moments later, another set of explosions. Then silence. The gunfire of the other base must be too distant to hear.

"The fore base is pulling out." someone shouts over the radio. "We're next boys. Skyeye recons the damage done will slow em by 5 minutes. Lets give our boys back at the Cath some breathing room."

Kyle nods.
She gives you the amp and a bit of plastic. "Take those both to the infirmary. They'll install it for you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24301 on: May 01, 2014, 11:28:42 am »

Throw my kiloton nuke at them. Throw it far enough not to be in the blast radius, but wait long enough before throwing so that the main horde will get caught in the blast. Use manip to stabilise nuke if throw is off. Do NOT detonate yet if the nuke lands too close to our line.

In case horde is already too close for the kiloton nuke, use the 1/8 kiloton one.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:51:21 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24302 on: May 02, 2014, 01:09:54 am »

Charles saunters over to the VR and checks whether it has anything in it to assist in the development of programs for people with no programming knowledge.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24303 on: May 02, 2014, 01:27:42 am »

((That might end badly for you. Just sayin'))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24304 on: May 02, 2014, 01:54:46 am »

((That might end badly for you. Just sayin'))
((How so?))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24305 on: May 02, 2014, 02:05:25 am »

((I'm assuming that he's trying to get a +1 to certain rolls. If PW rolls Aux for him to be able to do that, he might make a program to permanently disable his life support in his suit and lock it down, or try and do something in VR, which might, I don't know, brainwash him or cause the needles in his arm to pump him full of a !!FUN!! mixture of chemicals. I also wasn't really thinking too hard when I posted that. That post was also supposed to have a smiley face in it. Dunno how I missed that))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24306 on: May 02, 2014, 02:53:36 am »

((I'm assuming that he's trying to get a +1 to certain rolls. If PW rolls Aux for him to be able to do that, he might make a program to permanently disable his life support in his suit and lock it down, or try and do something in VR, which might, I don't know, brainwash him or cause the needles in his arm to pump him full of a !!FUN!! mixture of chemicals. I also wasn't really thinking too hard when I posted that. That post was also supposed to have a smiley face in it. Dunno how I missed that))
((No, it isn't anything that drastic. Just a program that procedurally generates a propaganda message out of pre-recorded snippets of Charles' speeches.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24307 on: May 02, 2014, 03:01:42 am »

((Ah, ok then. NM  :D))

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24308 on: May 04, 2014, 02:21:00 am »

Yeah, I wanna be in on this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:23:19 pm by Scotsmen »
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24309 on: May 04, 2014, 07:53:50 am »

((d'Artagnan wasn't one of the Musketeers.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24310 on: May 04, 2014, 11:53:54 am »

((It's been a while since I've read the book but doesn't he get in towards the end of the book? Failing that he was in the awesome canadian cartoon series Albert the 5th musketeer (required for Albert to be the *5th*...))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24311 on: May 04, 2014, 12:11:38 pm »

Wikipedia to the rescue.

Yeah, I wanna be in on this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<Insert welcome.newbie>
<Play wiki_link.url>
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:13:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24312 on: May 04, 2014, 12:41:33 pm »

((It's been a while since I've read the book but doesn't he get in towards the end of the book? Failing that he was in the awesome canadian cartoon series Albert the 5th musketeer (required for Albert to be the *5th*...))
((Because cartoons are always so faithful to the source material. Especially when the original author isn't alive enough to sue.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24313 on: May 04, 2014, 01:04:52 pm »

((Because cartoons are always so faithful to the source material. Especially when the original author isn't alive enough to sue.))

((I know, it was a joke... the cartoon is best described as something of a mickey-take of Dumas' work... for example the titled protagonist is presented both as the brains behind the outfit who somehow got left out...and uses a blunderbuss mostly loaded with sedative spaghetti bolognaise))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24314 on: May 04, 2014, 01:48:12 pm »

((I'm pretty sure I watched Saturday morning cartoons with less stupid plots back when I spent my Saturday mornings watching cartoons.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 ... 2101