_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1621 1622 [1623] 1624 1625 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733976 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24330 on: May 07, 2014, 02:38:44 pm »

Now wait. Once the horde is in sight, transform a piece of rock in front of them into pure Hydrogen (tritium), then force it into fusion by pushing it together with pressure and increasing the temperature (if hydrogen fusion is too taxing to get done, go for plutonium fission instead).
Finally, use manip to create a small shield to direct the blast to the horde, so the bunkers don't get hit.
Don't you want to make the shield...you know...before you set off the nuke?
The other Amp users have already created a shield. And all that should happen simultaneously, because manipulators need time to work. So by the time he has given it enough equations to make the shield, the bomb would have already exploded. And this belongs to the OOC thread.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24331 on: May 07, 2014, 02:40:14 pm »

Now wait. Once the horde is in sight, transform a piece of rock in front of them into pure Hydrogen (tritium), then force it into fusion by pushing it together with pressure and increasing the temperature (if hydrogen fusion is too taxing to get done, go for plutonium fission instead).
Finally, use manip to create a small shield to direct the blast to the horde, so the bunkers don't get hit.
Don't you want to make the shield...you know...before you set off the nuke?

I think PW will understand I intend for those things to happen simultaneously. But sure, I'll edit it to avoid confusion.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24332 on: May 08, 2014, 09:27:29 am »

How about nyars? He's mostly human, though he's quite good with his bat. Or maybe another person from the ship? Another player, perhaps?
Try to fight that Miyamoto guy. He seems like a real pushover.

Oh yeah, they're already getting up and turning into...a beartrap crossed with a machine gun? The fuck is that? You spray them with namite before hurling your remaining nukes and detonating them as soon as the suit says it's safe. The kill counter is just fluctuating wildly at this point and the things you hit with namite are still trying to get up, even while on fire. Great.
"AMP USERS, FOCUS THEM IN!"
The air out in front of the base shimmers and then grows solid, as though a wall of slightly distorted glass has materialized and formed a funnel toward the base.

A quick laser sweep if those things still won't stay down. Create a save point.

Finally, use manip to create a small shield to direct the blast to the horde, so the bunkers don't get hit (be sure to create the shield before creating the explosion). Like this:

/   ......                 ggggg
   /   .........            ggg gggg                / = manip shield
 /   ............             gggg                   0 = site of fusion/fission
I O ...............           gggg              ...... = explosion
 \   ............           ggggggggg         gggg = goblin Altered horde
   \   .........                ggggg
     \   ......               gggggg

(If I spawn him without equipment he sure will be.)

You sweep your laser back and forth across the still struggling, burning hunks of homicidal meat. They screech and chitter and collapse back into the flames,but don't seem to die completely.

How much hydrogen, by weight, do you want to force into fusion?

What is this shield made of? Just solidified force like the other people?

Save point made regardless.

If there's another player willing to duel with me, great. Otherwise, Nyars will do, though I have no clue what he is.
You can duel computer replicas of anyone, even if their character isn't around. Nyars is a guy down near the R&D lab that sells what amount to kindereggs filled with potentially useful/potentially fatal artifacts. Sometimes he uses a metal bat to gather up any players that are lollygagging and holding up the start of the mission.

((I guess this would be a good time to stop watching TV and passively waiting for the next mission))
Go back to the Medbay. Ask the Doctor what his specialty is and what he does.
"I'm a doctor. I provide medical attention and aid." The doctor says. You can't tell if he's joking...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24333 on: May 08, 2014, 11:42:10 am »

"Just a regular doctor? Huh. I don't know why I thought that any doctor on a repurposed prison ship would be the type who performs experiments on people that some might consider immoral or unethical. It's been a weird day." Jason replies. "Also, you wouldn't happen to know anything about this Shackle thing on my arm or about a show called Dead Man Running, would you?" Jason asks, raising his left arm to show the Shackle to the doctor.

Ask questions to Doctor.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24334 on: May 08, 2014, 01:02:52 pm »

Actually, now that I think about it, there is one person I've heard of...
Duel Jim.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24335 on: May 08, 2014, 01:08:54 pm »

(
* SC cracks all four sets of knuckles and rolls both sets of shoulders
Well, I don't particularly enjoy PvP, but I'll go along with it.)

VR!Jim: Be spawned in as D'Artagnan's opponent.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24336 on: May 08, 2014, 01:09:33 pm »

((It's for funsies, at least.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24337 on: May 08, 2014, 02:39:25 pm »

Shield is made of solid force if that is enough to direct/guide the blast. If not, add a physical element to it as well.

I want to force such an amount of hydrogen that it'll leave me with at least 30% mindpoints left (shieldcreation included).

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24338 on: May 09, 2014, 09:46:51 am »

Shield is made of solid force if that is enough to direct/guide the blast. If not, add a physical element to it as well.

I want to force such an amount of hydrogen that it'll leave me with at least 30% mindpoints left (shieldcreation included).

Hmm...I think you might be better off by summoning two hunks of u-235 and smacking them together real fast. Less powerful, but requires less energy. Since this combination of making a nuclear and explosion and blocking it is already testing the limits of your capacity, even with the aid of the Avatar.

"Just a regular doctor? Huh. I don't know why I thought that any doctor on a repurposed prison ship would be the type who performs experiments on people that some might consider immoral or unethical. It's been a weird day." Jason replies. "Also, you wouldn't happen to know anything about this Shackle thing on my arm or about a show called Dead Man Running, would you?" Jason asks, raising his left arm to show the Shackle to the doctor.

Ask questions to Doctor.
"I was never one to watch television." He says, grabbing the shackle and dragging you closer so he can look at it. "Man-made but utilizing alien technology. Recombinant internal mechanisms, powerful internal power source. Bad sense of humor."

Actually, now that I think about it, there is one person I've heard of...
Duel Jim.
(
* SC cracks all four sets of knuckles and rolls both sets of shoulders
Well, I don't particularly enjoy PvP, but I'll go along with it.)

VR!Jim: Be spawned in as D'Artagnan's opponent.
I hope you're aware that you're basically fighting this. Even kinda looks like him, except the face.

So you spawn jim, the 8 foot tall, four armed, synth-flesh, psychic for the purposes of friendly sparring.

Jim. Play nice.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24339 on: May 09, 2014, 11:22:30 am »

"So it will change shape depending on the input I give it? Also, when I first got it, it made me do a challenge. The penalty for it was supposed to be an electroshock, but I did the challenge and it said it had stored a charge.  I decided to wait 24 hours before doing another when it gave me the option, but I'm sure I'll have another challenge at some point. You said it had a powerful internal power source, so do you think the challenges and charges are some sort of programmed limiter to keep from overloading that power source? Also, do you mean it was programmed with a bad sense of humor, or is there some sort of sentient or semi-sentient AI in there?
Ask more questions.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:24:35 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24340 on: May 09, 2014, 11:57:32 am »

Hmm...I think you might be better off by summoning two hunks of u-235 and smacking them together real fast. Less powerful, but requires less energy. Since this combination of making a nuclear and explosion and blocking it is already testing the limits of your capacity, even with the aid of the Avatar.
Sure, fine by me. Since I have no idea how you calculate mindpoint usage, or what the most efficient way of doing this particular thing is, I'll go with your proposal.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24341 on: May 09, 2014, 02:05:52 pm »

VR!Jim: Use mass manipulation amp to disarm opponent and drag him into melee distance. Then bearhug with lower two arms and use upper two arms to bend him backwards over the grip until his head touches his feet.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24342 on: May 09, 2014, 02:28:36 pm »

VR!Jim: Use mass manipulation amp to disarm opponent and drag him into melee distance. Then bearhug with lower two arms and use upper two arms to bend him backwards over the grip until his head touches his feet.

(( Short fight indeed XD ))

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24343 on: May 09, 2014, 08:37:52 pm »

Attempt to dodge the hug, slash him across the midsection with the sabre.

...Maybe this was a bad idea.

To be fair, I didn't realize how much Jim had evolved since page 60, which is about how far I read through this.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:40:30 pm by Scotsmen »
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #24344 on: May 10, 2014, 12:45:38 am »

Attempt to dodge the hug, slash him across the midsection with the sabre.

...Maybe this was a bad idea.

To be fair, I didn't realize how much Jim had evolved since page 60, which is about how far I read through this.
((AHAHAHAHAH YOU POOR POOR MAN))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 1621 1622 [1623] 1624 1625 ... 2101