_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1694 1695 [1696] 1697 1698 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5726201 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25425 on: August 22, 2014, 11:44:21 am »

Continue controlling the knife from a distance and try to take out as many as possible. Jim will leave the pipe in the man's skull and, holding the cleaver in his lower left hand, will two-hand the baseball bat with his upper hands. If anyone gets close, kick them back and let them have it with the bat. If too many people get close to effectively use the bat, Jim will use the cleaver on the closest one, release control of the knife, and more-or-less PK Thunder himself out of the situation with his manip amp.
You keep flinging the knife around, but all this precision work combined with the work from before is rapidly tiring you out. You manage to keep the attackers at arms length using a combination of swinging the bat around and continuously backing up from the advancing horde that is, slowly, encircling you.
You missed this.
Can i switch my profession from Unconventional Mercenary to Exotic Mercenary. In hindsigth it seems better choice when thinking my goals.
Ulrich Leland. Location: Rec room. Mission 5 replay, between houses 5 & 6

"Eh, what exactly did happen then?"

Ask and obtain IC knowledge.
Try implantation of artificial party mind again at random civilian.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: VR Ulrich Leland (click to show/hide)
You can switch it, sure, as long as you do it now and make sure the wiki is edited.

Consider the IC knowledge gained and are you basically asking for me to implant the thrak AI in a civilian?

((Well, you guys could argue that surviving Xan and Stacy doing evil stuff TOGETHER is worth being paid.))
((They could argue that. But I get the impression that they shouldn't.))

Look for more than local news.

The only thing interesting you can find is something about an upcoming meteor shower over some planet you didn't catch the name of. Apparently the planet and the entire solar system are drifting through a cloud of debris thought to be left over from the destruction of a planetary body some time in the distant past.

>Alright.

Steve sighs and stands up.
>There's not really much I can say about this is there? Everyone who is to blame is dead, as well as a few people who aren't to blame. The mission got blown up before it ever really started and Nothing of value got brought back. It's pretty definitely a failure. I really should dock your pay. I mean, all you had to do was open a box! Well, I think we can agree that wasn't worth paying you for at least.
"I... suppose that's the best we could have hoped for, really.  Is that all?"

>As far as I can imagine. That mission was pretty much a bust in every possible manner, but there's not much that can be said or done about it.

"Luckily, I looted some loot. For the noob fund of course. Gotta be worth a token or two."

Give Michael, Jason, and Vincent each one of the rifles I looted.
You hand out the rather anachronistic rifles.
((I really should have grabbed one of those tiny boxes.))

"Ooh neat, a rifle. I guess I didn't almost die three different times and shoot some sort of damn flesh horror at point blank for nothing. Oh, and I opened a box. There were tiny boxes in it. Guess I should have brought one back. But I think Mesk should be paid, even if the rest of us aren't. He was the only one to be competent the whole time, and it probably could have gone way worse if he wasn't there." Jason voices his opinion, trying to brace himself for Steve's reaction.

Possibly charge dynamic END bonus.

> I suppose he did save a lot of lives.
He shrugs and then grabs something from the holoprojector. He hands it to Mesk.

>Here's 6 tokens. Keep em, distribute them, do as you like.

And then steve wanders out of the room.

Wake up from stasis.
...Damnation. My head is killing me...What is this, goo? Huh, stasis pods? Looks like we've jumped recently, and that means the siege of Hephaestus is over - for the better, hopefully.
Well, or maybe they put me in stasis as just one more case of stasis dementia-induced paralysis. I really should study the problem.

Long enough a 'Corps resident (or whatever they were called now, he never caught the new title, really) not to be distracted by such things, naked and covered in goo Maurice stumbled towards the showers in the barrack.
Get a long shower. Wait for the headache and dizziness to recede, then get dressed.
Steve, how long have I been out?
How did the siege end?
Did we leave Simus's team there, as you planned, and, if yes, can they be contacted?

(Hey Nik, long time no see. Things are going well I hope.)

You get showered up and dressed.

>Long story short: You've been out for a while, it ended in victory but several permanent deaths, and yes, they are currently down there building a better tomorrow. When they're not fighting flesh horrors.

A-Are all missions like this?

Kai starts to shake gently.

"Welcome to HHMRC/ARM, you poor, poor lost soul. Hope you enjoy the stay!

"Now Steve, if there's nothing else, I'll wheel myself over to the infirmary for these legs."

If Steve is done, go to Infirmary to get fixed up, then hit the VR and go to Tinker

Well, go off to the tinker thread then. Ya bastard.

Jobasio sighed, clearly not overly enthused by Steve's decision.
"No pay? That is rather disappointing, especially given my efforts to save lives at great risk to my own. I suppose on future I'll leave the others to fend for themselves and focus on saving my own hide, if that behaviour is just as likely to be rewarded. Anyway," he gets to his feet with a slight wince, then nods and moves to head out, "If that's all, I have business to attend to."

>Grumble a bit about not being paid.

>Then head to the armoury and buy a single cam-eye, paying two tokens. (Half the price of a pair.)
Count how many tokens I actually have.
Well you might actually get more tokens, depending on how mesk is feeling. As per your tokens I HAVE NO IDEA. Wiki knows, maybe.

I'm not entirely sure I should let people buy one eye at a time....kinda undermines the purpose of having two.

Notice I am still wearing my green box balaclava, take it off, and stuff it into a pocket without thinking about it
Done and done.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25426 on: August 22, 2014, 12:06:45 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Rec room. Mission 5 replay, between houses 5 & 6

I'm just trying to spread party mood with Neural Amp, but if that's how it works in virtual enviroment, sure, implant Thrak AI.
And continue conversation with Steve.

Ulrich quickly reads through the mission report. While he usually doesn't value morals much, even he have some standards!
I knew HMRC were insane serial killers, but this is seriously sick shit! Especially that Mesk fellow, hope he didn't drag the kid to other missions... And Jim, exploding people to skies. To think I was going to pickpocket him...

"Computer, please tell me Mesk didn't do anything else to that little kid he kidnapped during this mission?"

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:10:37 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25427 on: August 22, 2014, 12:43:18 pm »

((Yeah, at last they are. 8) ))
Thank you, Steve. Same old crap, same old crap, huh? Maurice cocked an eyebrow and smiled.
"mrow?"
Noticing company, he turned and smiled even wider, happy to see his old friend.
Oh, hi, Lyra. Glad to see you doing well, you look good. How has it been going lately?

After that, he pauses to send a message to Simus via the wristpad. Hopefully the communications are fine.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25428 on: August 22, 2014, 12:45:08 pm »

Quote from: Pyro
Which won't happen without Simus getting informed IC

Ooga booga Steve, better send a message to Hephaestus about Mission 15, booga booga I'm a ghost Steve, a ghooooooooost~
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25429 on: August 22, 2014, 12:47:11 pm »

Can we level up now?

Head to tinker.

Sell some things. I need some money to buy a mk3.
Quote from: FOR SALE
Laser rifle 1 token
Civic defenders longcoat 2 tokens
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25430 on: August 22, 2014, 03:33:33 pm »

I stretch, sit up, and nod my head once.
"Mrow!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25431 on: August 22, 2014, 03:56:32 pm »

"Slow news day."
Look for some sport event. Ideally motor sport. With everyone clothed.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25432 on: August 22, 2014, 06:01:32 pm »

Drop the knife for now and just focus on thinning the horde with the bat and cleaver. Attack constantly, but fall back into a more defensive position like an alleyway if Jim gets three or more people too close to take down quickly. Do this until only two people are left.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25433 on: August 22, 2014, 11:55:36 pm »

"Huh. Didn't really think that would work. Hey Mesk, can I borrow 3 tokens to get a weapon? This rifle might be a bit difficult to fire and I don't really want to break my bones every time I shoot something with the Shackle. I'll pay you back after the next mission I go on. Please?" Jason asks.

((Hey PW, how long until I regain mobility?))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:57:55 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25434 on: August 23, 2014, 04:03:48 am »

((Oh shit oh dear, I might actually want to join back up on this RTD. Which thread? It's got it's own forum now, and I have no intention of reading 300+ pages. How to join? Is Sambo Jin still in a sleep-tank somewhere? More importantly, did any of you do anything depraved to him?))
It's a game. Have fun.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25435 on: August 23, 2014, 04:09:20 am »

(I think he just got stuffed into stasis when you disappeared, so you'll probably be here in the On-Ship thread. Welcome back, btw; it's been a while. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25436 on: August 23, 2014, 04:13:10 am »

((I don't think we did. Just assume he's been sleeping in a bunk in the corner or vacantly staring into space for months and start doing stuff again.
Oh, and we have a wiki now. Do you remember your character sheet? If so, you might want to try to edit that in, or ask someone to do it for you.

Oh, and to catch you up on the plot: turns out Steve was planning on rebelling against the UWM all along, the HMRC is now called ARM, we captured a forge world named Hephaestus on which several smart players are busy working on 55 different projects at once and not really doing much developing new weapons for out movement. Meanwhile, the rest of us undertook three seperate missions on the same planet, one an assassination mission, one investigating an odd cult, and one to investigate a frozen ship at the South Pole.
The first one's doing alright, the second's going through the usual amount of fuckup a for a tough mission, and the third one managed to create an insane god that had to be destroyed via orbital bombardment in about 6 turns even though they only had to open some boxes.
So pretty much the usual.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25437 on: August 23, 2014, 08:17:50 am »

Vincent sticks around the briefing room a bit longer to see if/how mesk distributes the tokens
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25438 on: August 23, 2014, 10:19:39 am »

(I think, the less fucked up the original intent of the mission, the more fuckery begins during the mission. Exhibit A: Mission 15.)

Walk to Nav. "Hey there, you're selling that rifle? I'd take it off your hands, how much is it? By the way, my name is Daineal. I don't believe I've met you yet." He said with a smile.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25439 on: August 23, 2014, 10:38:43 am »

((Actually, apart from anailater's and Corsair's old characters, every character who has been on a mission is on the wiki now. http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Sambo_Jin))
Pages: 1 ... 1694 1695 [1696] 1697 1698 ... 2101