_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1708 1709 [1710] 1711 1712 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733061 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25635 on: September 13, 2014, 06:36:55 pm »

Oh, I just had this wonderful idea where you could be the role model of ARM infiltrators. Can you imagine spy kitten commandos? Too bad we're the good guys and have to maintain that image. Maurice beamed a wide grin at Lyra.
Quote from: MSanctor to Miyamoto
There is only so much a fly can do in terms of physical interaction, while medium to small-sized animals are still common enough, yet can actually do quite a few things on their own. And, well, cats were mostly a great example - diversification of employed species would surely be needed were we to implement that plan.
Anyway, what I wanted to point is - we would benefit greatly of a UWM-wide spy network. I'm sure Steve has quite a few agents of his own, but to what extent we do not know.
I guess I should've rather discussed it with Milno, but he's unavailable at the moment for some reason.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25636 on: September 13, 2014, 07:02:13 pm »

Sambo says to the Chief:

"Yeah, no worries. It'll just be scrap to me. Here's your payment."

Give the Chief the civilian sniper rifle (2/7 rounds remaining) and whatever bits are left over from the gauss rifle. Take the laser rifle and the backpack generator once the Chief has finished installing the extra generator and capacitors in the rifle or backpack.

"Pleasure doing business with you circle-eyes. We'll see how this thing slices shit pretty soon I'd say."

((So, umm, does the laser rifle need the generator backpack? Or does the rifle have a generator, and the backpack is like an extra plug-in generator? Or is it just a souped-up backpack generator connected to a laser rifle? I'm fine with it either way. TPU figures, etc? I'll update my character wiki once I know. Assuming the Chief doesn't botch it all at the last minute. I'll just sort of do nothing this turn other than that, because my actions aren't really doing much for now. Might colour them.))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:24:15 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25637 on: September 13, 2014, 07:43:35 pm »

I walk up to Maurice, rub against him, and nuzzle his hand.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25638 on: September 13, 2014, 09:54:04 pm »

>It was. And he was. For good reason; the Doctor isn't very happy with the UWM. If I were them, I'd be nervous too.

Lars rubbed his temples.  "I see... I managed to see many odd things when prying Bala for information.  The doctor... cheating death, perhaps by your divine machinations.  Visions of... very strange creatures.  Works by the Doctor.  Father of Nightmares, did they call him?  What nightmares did he see?  Something tied to Wayfarer scripture of a god from man, and god in the stars?  Perhaps... I seek your divine guidance in understanding these matters."

((Note:  If it comes down to the choice that Skylar got, Lars would decline, citing that as a prophet, he must be able to face the people and that he understands that the divine would reveal just what is needed.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25639 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:19 pm »

As Thaddeus walks up to collect his tokens he says, "Holy shit! Thats awesome! Thanks boss" he says to Steve, before turning to Milno, "and uh, boss. Huh. That sounded better in my head. Anyways, I'm gonna go and buy something."

Thaddeus heads over to the Armory, and seeing that its closed at the moment, goes to the Doktor and asks, "So uh, Doc? I can see that you're busy the moment, but after you are done, could I speak to you? I wanted to ask you about the cost of some mods that I wanted to get. I'll just be here. In the corner. Ignoring any screaming. You got a chair I could sit on?"

Off to the Doktor's office! And questions!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25640 on: September 14, 2014, 04:23:40 am »

((Note:  If it comes down to the choice that Skylar got, Lars would decline, citing that as a prophet, he must be able to face the people and that he understands that the divine would reveal just what is needed.))

(( Yeah, I'm mulling over it... I am not a public face, I'm a medic and an engineer. In character, this is probably an easy choice. He wants to know... and be prepared. Anything Steve wants out of UWM hands is something he wants to be prepared to deal with. And while the Black Ops missions give him a very low chance of a clean or painless death, it's the more useful place for his skills. Med is nearly useless in any warfare mission, and the usefullness of Aux depends on my loadout and the particulars of the mission. Out of character, I'm trying to decide which mission type I prefer to play, and if I prefer black ops to the exclusion of standard missions.

I mean, I can't possibly learn more than Miyamoto, and *he* still goes out on standards :P))

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25641 on: September 14, 2014, 08:46:45 am »

Consider VR, walk over to it and examine it.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #25642 on: September 14, 2014, 12:11:58 pm »

Kai finishes wandering aimlessly and heads over to the mess/rec room.

Stares at the buttons on the food dispenser for a minute or two.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25643 on: September 14, 2014, 09:25:56 pm »

"Y'know Mesk, it worries me that the Shackle seems to have an understanding of social relationships aboard the Sword. Anyway, I might need your help on this one too. After I say what might be my last words with a functioning jaw, I need you to go 'Ooooooh' while waving your hand around." Jason comments before looking around for Jim.

"Hey Jim, can I ask you to help me out with this alien death tube again? The challenge this time is kind of specific." Jason asks as he walks over to Jim.

Show Jim the challenge. If he doesn't seem like he is going to grievously injure me, insult Feyri by saying she ain't got no nipples.

(( Relevant: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7TeSr-cDe7s))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25644 on: September 15, 2014, 03:14:59 am »

Skylar stares at the hard drive for a few minutes before responding. ... Alright. I'd rather stay in the shadows and know what's coming then rush blindly to my death in the light...

He fishes around in his bag for a moment and pulls out his datapad, double checking its security settings. He'll have to get a couple more from the AM for this later.

Would you prefer to tell me what's on this here, or point me to somewhere secure that I can start looking through the drive?

Agree to Steve's terms.

(( Oh, and while it's on my mind, do you want us to go ahead and do our Level-Up's, PW? ))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:17:24 am by Kriellya »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25645 on: September 15, 2014, 06:51:08 am »

"Oh, right. You're the guy that wanted to bash me last time, I remember you." Jim looked at the challenge. "Are you sure somebody didn't hack that thing? Also, will it even work now that I know you're just saying whatever to get a charge on it? Well, whatever. Go ahead."

"Feyri ain't got no nipples."

Jim blinked. "Are you trying to insult her in front of me or state a fact? I know she doesn't. And I don't have any either."

Jim uses superior willpower and the power of logic to completely shrug off the insult!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:48:32 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25646 on: September 15, 2014, 09:29:31 am »

((Does Jim have secret fantazies about Feyri? Because she still have a normal robobody.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25647 on: September 16, 2014, 11:39:08 am »

((Does Jim have secret fantazies about Feyri? Because she still have a normal robobody.))
Feyri has a synthflesh body. Someone bought it for her a while ago. If the wiki says robobody then the wiki is incorrect.

Activate EMM, pry that fucking locker door off it's hinges, and help that poor noob out of there.
Also store my mk1 suit in my locker, for future gutting for resources.

Oh good.

You activate EXAGGERATED MOVEMENTS MODE and attempt to pry the door off it's hinges. You end up putting your hand straight through the door and then ripping the door, the locker and the man inside's arm back towards you with enough force as to imprint the shape of your helmet into the metal when you smack the metal against it. You go staggering back into the other lockers and the new guy falls out of the destroyed locker, screaming and bleeding as is the norm.

Hand Sambo the resulting generator+lasrifle.

"Shoot a wall. Sweep rifle quickly until you can't anymore."

Then disassemble the gauss rifle he has provided, and remove generators and capacitors. Hand Sambo the ammo clip.

"Can I keep parts of gauss rifle that is taken apart?"

Figure out how it would be possible to attach resulting generators and capacitors to a laser rifle.
You manage to get the generator out of the rifle, but damage the capacitors as you attempt to pry them loose.

Gonna assume this action is a dynamic bonus charge.

(( Three cheers for Milno&AM!  :) ))
Interesting. Actually, what kind of manipulators can temporarily reduce mass? Gravity ones, or perhaps vector?

Also, how was the Paracelsus's Sword originally designed, what was its original purpose? Did it enter the service during the Altered Wars, or after? Why would its armaments be different from the standard UWM ones?
What was its maiden voyage like?

Anyway. Let's visit the outlying places now, I think. Hydroponics first, I presume?

Ask questions. Move on.
TOUR HARDER.
"Mass manipulators. It doesn't technically reduce the mass of the object, just reduces the mass the coils have to move by helping them push it. Kinda like lubricating a hinge, if that makes sense. It doesn't make the thing the hinge is moving any lighter, but it does make it easier to move."

"I'm not sure about the purpose of it's design, but I can tell you it seems well suited for long range bombardment and rapid target acquisition. I'm unsure of when it was made; but I believe it was either during or shortly after the Altered Wars. It's different armaments are probably thanks to Steve in some way or another. As to why he chose them, you'd have to ask him. I wasn't around for the maiden voyage, but I assume it was unremarkable."

The hydroponics, which you reach via returning to the inner sections of the ship and then riding something that isn't far off from a tram or subway system; though it only holds a dozen or so people. The other seats are mostly empty, but there are two other people there; one in a gray suit and the other in green. They eye your little procession with vague interest but don't say anything and make sure not to stare too long or too intently.

Hydroponics turns out to be a large, multi-leveled room that is both oppressively humid and stinks of the sweat, farts and body odor of hundreds of people combined with an odd metallic tinge. The room is a large cube, sectioned off with floors every 6 or 7 feet. On each floor, there are what look like metal cylinders, 20 or thirty feet long, lined up in even rows across the room. Each cylinder has it's inner surface filled with plants, with powerful lights running down it's center, to simulate sunlight.

"Hydroponics does a lot of things. It helps us filter out old air and replace it with new, oxygenated stuff. Thats why this place stinks; all the CO2 and stagnant air from the entire ship gets routed here, or to another room like this. Anyways, it's a fairly standard setup; Rotating drums of plants of various kinds; water pumps and misting systems in the cylinders there, sunlamps, fairly self explanatory. We harvest them every so often for fresh food as opposed to the freeze dried stuff we normally have. "

Ulrich Leland. Location: Hangar

If Dubley manages open the door, pat his shoulder as thanks and get my jaw fixed.
Otherwise bang the locker door and scream (no escape routes available, panic rising)! Examine hinges and any visible parts of lock mechanism to see if I can do anything to open the door.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Heh.

Dern looks thoughtful at Doctor's words. "So, the risk is death, real death, heh, albeit at better than fifty-fifty surviving...
He sighs
"If this was the old HMRC, I'd forget it like a shot, but, heh, we're work in' for aserious cause here, an' if this could help, it'd make it worth more than if I shot, heh, two UWM sods and died , I guess."

""Looks like I just, heh, talked myself into it, right. What's the science, sir? I'm in.

Accept.
He sticks one hand out and gestures for you to give him your own hand. You do and he grabs you by the wrist and pulls something out of the inside of his jacket. It looks like a weapon of some sort, though a very odd looking one. The doctor proceeds to jam a sharp spike thats on one end of the weapon into your palm and pull the trigger.

Multi-color, square spiral crystals immediately erupt from the flesh and tear their way up your arm, growing through the inner flesh first and then bursting the limb outward as they expand. In seconds it's reached your shoulder and continues to spread. You collapse to the ground, the pain so intense that you pass out almost immediately. The last thing you hear is "Oh. Perhaps should have found more sturdy subject. Hm."

As Thaddeus walks up to collect his tokens he says, "Holy shit! Thats awesome! Thanks boss" he says to Steve, before turning to Milno, "and uh, boss. Huh. That sounded better in my head. Anyways, I'm gonna go and buy something."

Thaddeus heads over to the Armory, and seeing that its closed at the moment, goes to the Doktor and asks, "So uh, Doc? I can see that you're busy the moment, but after you are done, could I speak to you? I wanted to ask you about the cost of some mods that I wanted to get. I'll just be here. In the corner. Ignoring any screaming. You got a chair I could sit on?"

Off to the Doktor's office! And questions!
You ignore the rapidly crystallizing dying man on the floor and talk to the doctor.
"What kind of modifications?" He asks, nudging the man on the ground with one foot.

Consider VR, walk over to it and examine it.
It's sort of like one of those big, sit in, wrap around arcade machines but with vr goggles instead of a screen and some gloves to match. You're not sure how it does walking, since you just seem to be sitting there, but it must handled it somehow.

Kai finishes wandering aimlessly and heads over to the mess/rec room.

Stares at the buttons on the food dispenser for a minute or two.

Same as they always were, just Meat 1, 2,3, Side 1,2,3, etc.

"Y'know Mesk, it worries me that the Shackle seems to have an understanding of social relationships aboard the Sword. Anyway, I might need your help on this one too. After I say what might be my last words with a functioning jaw, I need you to go 'Ooooooh' while waving your hand around." Jason comments before looking around for Jim.

"Hey Jim, can I ask you to help me out with this alien death tube again? The challenge this time is kind of specific." Jason asks as he walks over to Jim.

Show Jim the challenge. If he doesn't seem like he is going to grievously injure me, insult Feyri by saying she ain't got no nipples.

(( Relevant: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7TeSr-cDe7s))
The shackle electrocutes you and flashes the message "Kill Joy" before electrocuting you again, this time hard enough that you collapse, partially conscious, to the ground and the air fills with the smell of burning hair.

Skylar stares at the hard drive for a few minutes before responding. ... Alright. I'd rather stay in the shadows and know what's coming then rush blindly to my death in the light...

He fishes around in his bag for a moment and pulls out his datapad, double checking its security settings. He'll have to get a couple more from the AM for this later.

Would you prefer to tell me what's on this here, or point me to somewhere secure that I can start looking through the drive?

Agree to Steve's terms.

(( Oh, and while it's on my mind, do you want us to go ahead and do our Level-Up's, PW? ))
Yeah, standard level up. Just stick em straight on the wiki.

>When you have the time, come see me and I'll tell you about it.

"Oh, right. You're the guy that wanted to bash me last time, I remember you." Jim looked at the challenge. "Are you sure somebody didn't hack that thing? Also, will it even work now that I know you're just saying whatever to get a charge on it? Well, whatever. Go ahead."

"Feyri ain't got no nipples."

Jim blinked. "Are you trying to insult her in front of me or state a fact? I know she doesn't. And I don't have any either."

Jim uses superior willpower and the power of logic to completely shrug off the insult!
Huh, the guy just collapsed and started smoking. Well, thats neat.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25648 on: September 16, 2014, 12:17:41 pm »

"Hm. Generator pack is still needed, maybe."

Take damaged capacitors, and connect them just about properly with the gauss generators and the laser rifle. Intuitively evaluate what's probably going to happen with the damaged capacitors after having another huff of the blue smoke of wisdom.

Try to fix it if there's a chance this defect could harm the rifle's user or other unintended targets, or simply render the thing inoperable.

If that doesn't work, just attach the generators to the backpack's capacitor.

((Am probably going on next missions, so... yeah?))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:35:02 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25649 on: September 16, 2014, 12:25:06 pm »

Missed me, but since I forgot to bold anything it's really my own fault.

>It was. And he was. For good reason; the Doctor isn't very happy with the UWM. If I were them, I'd be nervous too.

Lars rubbed his temples.  "I see... I managed to see many odd things when prying Bala for information.  The doctor... cheating death, perhaps by your divine machinations.  Visions of... very strange creatures.  Works by the Doctor.  Father of Nightmares, did they call him?  What nightmares did he see?  Something tied to Wayfarer scripture of a god from man, and god in the stars?  Perhaps... I seek your divine guidance in understanding these matters."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1708 1709 [1710] 1711 1712 ... 2101