_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5721386 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25830 on: September 20, 2014, 08:15:06 am »

"Hey Steve, are we on a strict time limit for the robbery? Because if not, we can do things like get ourselves hired at the bank as employees, which would make it easier to rob the place."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25831 on: September 20, 2014, 08:33:07 am »

So, were any of you on or even from Q'Baja? Anything special you know about?

Speak with the Dead.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25832 on: September 20, 2014, 08:40:37 am »

"So, ehm... Messer Steve, can I join 18th mission?"
Ask Steve
((Disregard this if I'm getting into 17th))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:39:57 am by Illgeo »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25833 on: September 20, 2014, 09:42:41 am »

List so far:

Miya      confirmed
Lars       confirmed
Renen    confirmed
Flint       confirmed
Jim        confirmed
Maurice  confirmed
Mesk     confirmed
Lyra      confirmed
Mir
Daineal  confirmed

Important note: people who haven't confirmed they'll be able to post will get thrown off and replaced. No dead weight (though it's really more to give actually active people a chance to play). deadline 22/09, by then I want to have my final mission roster.

((Umm, I have read the messages about how novices should avoid mission 17, so now I am worried. Is it possible to re-volunteer for another mission?))
Um, Steve? I have changed my mind, is there any chance I could change the mission I'm volunteering for? Now that I've thought of it, 17th seems like a job for people with "more gun". So, if possible, I'd like to volunteer for mission 18.
Ask Steve.

@ Iw: are you sure you want to drop out of M17? No problem if you don't feel ok with joining, but I'll have to know. Note that you'd get a Mk.III for M17, as well as the opportunity to borrow one of the CON weapon prototypes or a chem thrower.

General Miyamoto,

May Steve bless us on this fine day!  I hear you are looking for volunteers to test new weapons and equipment.  With your permission, I would be willing to volunteer my services.  I feel I am greatly blessed by Ingram in the use of arms, so I submit that skill for your use.

Sincerely,
Brother Lars

"Sure, that can be arranged. There are a few rules though:
-You break it, you pay it back full price. To ensure people won't be nonchalant with their borrowed stuff. Don't need to pay ammo used as long as it isn't purposefully wasted.
-You give it back at the end of the mission.
-You write a short 'performance report' of the weapon at the end of the mission.
-If there's anything I forget, I retain the right to ad rules as I see fit.

If you can agree with the above, then there's 3 weapons* you can choose from for the moment. Which one would you like to try out?"

((*Note to Sean: please give me a yell when pw and Pyro have fully approved your two designs, mkay?))

((If anyone on the other missions wants to borrow a prototype, be sure to ask Miya in-game, there's enough to go around.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:25:32 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25834 on: September 20, 2014, 11:22:27 am »

"Do we get to keep our stuff from mission 14?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25835 on: September 20, 2014, 11:59:03 am »

Look at Gilgamesh's hand with his cameyes, trying to spot the part of the multi-colour-weapon that is drawing power from the suit's capacitors.
Is there a way to put a simple on/off switch somewhere over there?
If not is there a way to put a simple on/off switch between Gilgamesh's generators and his capacitors?
If yes, would it cost anything?
If not, can I get one now?
What about something more complex, like cutting power when the capacitors reach 25%? Could I connect the on/off switch to Gilgamesh's computer to do that?

Trying to prevent murderstorms and similar accidents.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25836 on: September 20, 2014, 12:18:50 pm »

Milno eyes D'usse, Michael and Ulrich. "You're accepted. You've never worked with me or under me but Sky and Rookie, who are also in the team, already have. Here's the thing: I hope none of you turn out to be brain-damaged, and you should follow orders to the best of your abilities. In this mission, you won't be using your face to deflect any alien death lasers nor having to deal with alien mindfuckery, but the rewards are still good as long as you don't fuck up. The less civs you get involved, the less unrelated problems you cause and the closer to the original instructions you get, the richer you come out of it."

"Of course, screwing up like a retard means you won't get away without a spanking." he continues, drumming his prosthetic fingers against his suit's thigh. "Now, fake business fronts. Any other ideas?"

To anyone who may have missed: D'usse, Michael and Ulrich are officially into M16, alongside Skylar and Thaddeus.

Question: How about pickup? Will we need to lose pursuers, if any, and head to the wilderness like last time?

Add the following extra business fronts: spaceship/industrial usage chemicals and equipment (like welding and corrosive material) and an electronics/surveillance material store.

On the "services" front: info on the company that does the cleaning and maintenance of the bank would be nice, as would be fake documents we could use for impersonation, left on the Internet and printed upon arrival. If that's not possible, at least civil servant/sewer maintenance fake papers would be cool, also to be printed on arrival.

Drop off is going to be handled by dropping you in the middle of a field where you will then get on a private craft and be dropped off at the airport. Gives you a good paper trail, if such a thing should be needed. From there you'll move out into the city and do your work. Once you do the robbery, you'll need to lose your pursuers and then head back to the airport and take the same private craft out.  So the getaway plan is important.

alright

We can give you citizenship papers and everything you'd need to get a job, but we can't get you paperwork that gives it to you. They'd notice one extra just showing up without anyone authorizing it. info on the company itself would be general; we couldn't get you the individual schedules of the workers, if that's what you want. That sort of thing isn't available for steve to hack up. It exists on a paper chart on a bulletin board somewhere in one of their offices.

Head over to the doctor, and ask if there are any different types of robot bodies out there. Kinda like the synthflesh body types, and the more specialized ones, like the sneaky starfish thingy, and that wolf like thing Jim was looking at.

((Ahhhh. That's what the redacted bit was. Kinda ambiguous that. Righto.))
Robots are easy, we can make basically anything you want. And that would be more armory then doctor, since it's just robotic. What did you have in mind?

((Hmm, Alright. Might have to hit up Xan for his wrist dart launcher then.))

Ok, some questions then:

1. What sort of changes would be needed for the scouting creatures? I was thinking hand to palm sized for them. I also had an idea for just two larger permanent ones.

2. What about the bone claws?

3. What kind of side effects with the healing mod?

4. What kind of noticeable with the sub-dermal armor? Just stiffer/thicker feeling skin?

Edit(thought of another one):

5. Is the healing mod as fast as Mesk's with his little robot things? Or how much slower is it?
1.I think you underestimate the degree to which we'd have to modify you to give you the ability to spawn small creatures. You want your back studded with little uteruses? And by little I mean baseball glove sized. Growing a fully developed and useful critter without xan style flesh manipulation isn't easy.

2.Wolverine style claws or just talons on your fingers? Wolverine style is gonna mean pop-eye arms.

3. It's a mystery. ER is a monkey's paw; there is no advancement without the built in possibility of horrible side effects.

4. Well, since subdermal armor that isn't noticeable isn't going to stop bullets (It just ain't), we were gonna go for anti-splashing and piercing defense. And that would mean a fine mesh of what amounts to organic Kevlar. If someone grabs you it's gonna feel like you've got a chainlink fence wrapped around your bones.

5.Slower. Mesk, you must remember, can literally be killed by his own healing. If he gets exposed to hard vacuum he will just die and die for good if exposed for long. You will heal slower (say about a day to recover from a broken bone) but your bleeding will stop almost immediately and you'll be immune to a lot of the immediate troubles of being injured.

You're not wolverine.

HEY PW, just wanted to let you know that I derped up hard and accidentally dropped Hapah's character from The List. He'd like to go on 18, since the other teams are set.
He can join. Anyone who is left over after the other missions have chosen and then still wants to go can join. Mission 18 is open to all.

hehe

Well, I guess put me in for mission 18 as well as 16 for first choice. Also, can I talk to The Doc about how to punch things better?
There's a list that been circulating you're supposed to put your name on. I don't know if anyone will put your name on for you unless you do it yourself. But you can always join 18.

As per punch things better, what are you talking about specifically here? Do you want advice, enhancements, weapon ideas, what?

Ulrich Leland.

"If we are going for hostages, I would recommend actual employees and the director. Milno, as for fronts how about something that deals with electronics? Could be usefull.

So, Steve. You said you wanted the robbery to be public. Does this mean you want it to be done during day when everyone can see it? Because that might reduce our chances for success.
What we can take down to the planet with us? Weapons, armors, drugs?
How many civilian victims is acceptable? And do you know how police would deal with hostage situation?
Does the bank vaults use any kind of time lock or is that just something we have to find out?
Could there be anything in the servers and Document Archive that could be considered valuable and therefore worth of stealing? For example, data about secret or hidden transactions that could be used to blackmail random rich people or companies to furher credibility of the robbery and distract the enemy from our actual goal?"

Questions for Steve. And get my jaw and arm fixed (how much did NAV rip off?).
IF we can bring weapons with us THEN buy gauss rifle and coagulant booster.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

It doesn't matter when you do it or how, it just has to obviously be a robbery when someone looks at the scene later.
Drugs, sure, armor and weapons are a bit much. You're gonna be going through an airport, after all.
Doesn't matter. Never get into a hostage situation. Have you EVER seen one that went well? In general they'll negotiate with you but their ultimate goal will be to take you down and get the hostage, so everything they do will more then likely have some trick or double cross built in. They won't just blindly open fire though.

Don't know. Going to have to figure that out yourself
Don't know. Pretty good chance it has a lot of customer info, which could be useful in the right hands. You're not gonna get anything from me for stealing from it though, I don't give a shit about anything but that box.

We'll assume you get your jaw fixed and your arm put back on.

@AM"You seem to know everything around here so a question, If I am going to combat 'the eater of cold' what could be beneficial against such a thing?, also is it possible if I were to give you a 1/3 sub-exo skeleton you could make a MK-III using it and how much would that cost?"

Ask AM
"I don't know what that is. But if it eats cold then maybe heat? I also don't know how to fight bloody mary, in case you're wondering.

As per making a MKIII out of a 1/3rd exoskeleton, thats kinda like buying a set of tires and asking how much it would cost to make the rest of the car. It would be much cheaper to just buy a MKIII. Since the MKIII has not only a more powerful exoskeleton, but a more advanced suit and a flight system, which would all have to be individually bought if you wanted to make it from scratch here. "

Second one...are you looking for something that does all the work for you or just a +1?
Definitely not interested in a wireless Icepick. I don't have all that AUX for nothing!

I'm just interested in a datapad with programs that will allow me to do wireless and wired sniffing and hacking, not just provide me a bonus or circumvent a roll.
Though I would be interested in the price of a +1 bonus :P

Gonna have to be more specific about that first one. What isn't in the posts that you want to know?
There was a post from quite while ago that I wanted more details on, let me dig it up. Though I had an idea with cam eyes that is escaping me right now XD

I'll hide them in a spoiler since they were kind of long.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was interested in the precise effect (bonus, dynamic bonus, pure stats, automated success for some rolls, whatever) and the price.
More specifically interested in how the Stat ones work, and the particulars of the Med and Aux augs, if you want it narrowed further.

Chat about stuff to buy!
Try and remember what I wanted to do with a cameye...

Well thats basically want you're asking for would be. Aux checks would let you do all that other stuff already.

As per gene stuff....eh lets save time. Anything I'd tell you I'd just be making up on the spot. What do you want from a gene therapy since it's gonna be custom if it isn't on the list.

((Umm, I have read the messages about how novices should avoid mission 17, so now I am worried. Is it possible to re-volunteer for another mission?))
Um, Steve? I have changed my mind, is there any chance I could change the mission I'm volunteering for? Now that I've thought of it, 17th seems like a job for people with "more gun". So, if possible, I'd like to volunteer for mission 18.
Ask Steve.
Sure. Basically, once milno and Miya have their rosters I'm gonna post em and and mine and then ask if there's anyone who still wants to go on 18, and anyone who wants to can join.

Inquire to the universe whether it can resume killing me yet.
If you'd like.

*rolls*

You lose that arm but don't die. You wake up in the infirmary minus one arm.

Did you want to go on a mission, perhaps?

So, were any of you on or even from Q'Baja? Anything special you know about?

Speak with the Dead.

Not a clue
Never been there
Heard they make plagues there. Or was it cures? Maybe both.
Watch out for the desert. It's not right.

"So, ehm... Messer Steve, can I join 18th mission?"
Ask Steve
((Disregard this if I'm getting into 17th))
Again, anyone can join 18. Just put yourself on the list.

Look at Gilgamesh's hand with his cameyes, trying to spot the part of the multi-colour-weapon that is drawing power from the suit's capacitors.
Is there a way to put a simple on/off switch somewhere over there?
If not is there a way to put a simple on/off switch between Gilgamesh's generators and his capacitors?
If yes, would it cost anything?
If not, can I get one now?
What about something more complex, like cutting power when the capacitors reach 25%? Could I connect the on/off switch to Gilgamesh's computer to do that?

Trying to prevent murderstorms and similar accidents.
The easiest way would be just putting a mechanical break in the power line to that arm. Would you like to do that? And how would you like to control it?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25837 on: September 20, 2014, 12:35:39 pm »

"Sure, that can be arranged. There are a few rules though:
-You break it, you pay it back full price. To ensure people won't be nonchalant with their borrowed stuff. Don't need to pay ammo used as long as it isn't purposefully wasted.
-You give it back at the end of the mission.
-You write a short 'performance report' of the weapon at the end of the mission.
-If there's anything I forget, I retain the right to ad rules as I see fit.

If you can agree with the above, then there's 3 weapons* you can choose from for the moment. Which one would you like to try out?"

General Miyamoto,

I accept, and will treat it with the utmost care a Gift of Ingram deserves.  I will report to you what I learned.

I would like to try the [static]

((Which three are on the choice list?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25838 on: September 20, 2014, 12:40:48 pm »

((Which three are on the choice list?))

((Well, given his note to me, he probably means the three SS Testament prototypes.

Otherwise, the three prototype choices are the SS 'Testament', the 'Spektr' VLW, and the 'Raduga' VHL. I'm sure I've spammed the features of the latter two enough for everybody to know what they are, and the Testament is Saint's much-smaller-caliber, much-faster-firing version of the PSL.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25839 on: September 20, 2014, 01:18:55 pm »

At PW's suggestion, we at team Wiki are now introducing the Player Market!

Feel free to add anything you like to it. Items for sale, jobs you'd like done, whatever. If you think of extra columns you need, go ahead and add them.

Currently it's just my items up there, which is a MK III available for rent for 4 tokens, and a rocketbike also for rent for 4 tokens (because odds are it's just going to explode on you).

I'll crosspost this to OOC, since that's where people who just skim the IC threads will see it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25840 on: September 20, 2014, 03:27:19 pm »

((1. Hmm, damnit. Thought so. 2. On the back burner then. 3. Heh. 4. Back burner for now. 5. Back burner till I have enough tokens then.))

Thaddeus turns to Milno before heading off: "Hey Boss? I'll be back in a bit. Got some stuff I want to take care of."

Alrighty then, go to Nyars for a medium blue square with a horizontal line (-5 tokens). Open up and inspect whats in the box.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25841 on: September 20, 2014, 03:35:54 pm »

I was looking for something with a ton of mobility enhancers, like the grip pads Pryo's first character had, some form of the Arbiter mobility wires, things like that.

((Ah. I figured since it was modifying the body, it was the Doctors domain.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25842 on: September 20, 2014, 03:46:04 pm »

"Damn, almost forgot

Say, Hasala, if you aren't going on a mission anyways, would you mind if I gave you a small task? If you think you'll be too busy for it though, it can wait."

Sure. What do you want me to do?

"Well, one of the things that I think might help this rebellion is if we create online training videos and VR courses for training insurgents. I already asked someone on Hep to take care of the propaganda videos. If you accept, then I would ask of you to create some other vids for m, namely, those pertaining tactics. Mostly guerrilla stuff, of course, but other more general things might be good as well. How to stage an ambush, how to breach a room, how to do an ordered retreat, military and battlefield concepts like covering fire or co-ordinated fire and movement.

Do you think you could work this out? If yes, you can work on this at your own pace while we are away on mission. I'd like it though if you refrain from posting anything on the net until I have had a chance to review it. Not because I doubt your abilities, but out of principle really.

So, you up for this?"

Then, after opening another private line:

"Private Pancaek, report to the hangar please."

Get surgery to get my regular face back. Is paying three tokens to ensure it gets done normally (as in, no surprises, just my human face) enough?

Ask Steve about their culture. Apart from the water thing, anything else that stands out? Would, say, creating water from dirt as a show of force be taken positively or negatively? What kinds of things do they respect? What do they loathe? What about their symbols and imagery?

((Well, given his note to me, he probably means the three SS Testament prototypes.

Otherwise, the three prototype choices are the SS 'Testament', the 'Spektr' VLW, and the 'Raduga' VHL. I'm sure I've spammed the features of the latter two enough for everybody to know what they are, and the Testament is Saint's much-smaller-caliber, much-faster-firing version of the PSL.))

((Sean, I'll be throwing you a bone here and allow people to pick one of your things for loan despite saying no earlier, mostly to ensure someone will be able to try them. But please, match this concession by making sure your thing is fully completed asap.))

Thank you, General. You will not be disappointed.
In fact, I would already have an idea on how to further our agenda on this cause. As far as display of power and allied research potential are concerned, could we somehow bring into play the fleshknitter substance I notified you about earlier? I am positive that it should be innovative and possibly even unrivalled in its specific field of use. Or, we could possibly give them a few cans as a gift to smooth the negotiations.

"Hmm. How well has that thing been field tested? Can you forward me some videos ((aka links to posts where it was used)) perhaps? No offense, but I'm not feeling like using untested tech in any way during negotiations as delicate as these."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:01:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25843 on: September 20, 2014, 04:00:19 pm »

"Of course the desert isn't right." Gorat mutters under his breath. "We've never been known to go to places that weren't wrong somehow, after all."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #25844 on: September 20, 2014, 04:19:10 pm »

Unfortunate thing is that there has not been field testing of it yet, I am afraid. Apart from sending the notification of this discovery to Simus and you, General, not so long ago, I have not yet had a chance to test it on real battlefield. As far as laboratory testing is concerned, however, I am adamantly certain of both its effectiveness and novelty.
((That sums it up, mostly. Unfortunately, no actual field testing, but plenty of lab testing during that year on Hephaestus, apparently. Well, that and Piecewise's word on its behalf.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 ... 2101