_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728639 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #26055 on: September 28, 2014, 03:23:26 am »

((I did that manually.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26056 on: September 28, 2014, 06:26:38 am »

"Reusable would be preferable. As long as it's good anti-personnel. And I'd prefer to keep my arm intact. Though, if I were to construct a custom mechanical arm, would it be better for these weapons?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #26057 on: September 28, 2014, 06:43:27 am »

That conversion kit...switch to a converted idea...I don't...I feel as though something got lost in translation here.
> A conversion kit which is able to switch on the field.

((I think he didn't understand the exact purpose of the question there, Tir. I assume you're asking about any weapons with kits that you could apply and remove in the field?

In that case, the Gungnir is one example. ;) You don't gain much by removing the kit attachment, but if you ever want just a tesla saber, you could detach it.))
((Eep :X I...was thinking more of 'weapon that is able to shift between different ranges quickly on the field, easily. Costing an {action} of time or something))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26058 on: September 28, 2014, 07:02:31 am »

That conversion kit...switch to a converted idea...I don't...I feel as though something got lost in translation here.
> A conversion kit which is able to switch on the field.

((I think he didn't understand the exact purpose of the question there, Tir. I assume you're asking about any weapons with kits that you could apply and remove in the field?

In that case, the Gungnir is one example. ;) You don't gain much by removing the kit attachment, but if you ever want just a tesla saber, you could detach it.))
((Eep :X I...was thinking more of 'weapon that is able to shift between different ranges quickly on the field, easily. Costing an {action} of time or something))
((There's this Gauss Rifle sniper conversion kit. Maybe you could ask if you could buy something like that for the weapon you wish to modify. Something that allows you to switch between the two modes.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26059 on: September 29, 2014, 12:00:32 pm »

((Sure, sign me up for it, please!  I'll get the poor guy his weapons ASAP.  Also, can anyone tell me on what page the mission description is?))

The world spun as Tek was rather rudely awakened.  Coughing and trembling, he examined his surroundings.  This didn't look like it could possibly be a jail on Russia-15.  Had they shipped him off-world for his sentence?

"0101011101101000011001010111001001100101001000000110000101101101001000000100100100111111," he wondered aloud.

Yeah yeah, forget RPing for the moment then. Just post what weapons you want and get to the Mission 18 thread ASAP.

Also I'm not gonna translate binary. Just telling ya that now. If you want to talk to me or some npc and have them understand, you better include a translation. Otherwise I'm just gonna make jokes about dial modems.

Kyle goes to find Nyars. You know the one that sells boxes.
You can just go to him. Doesn't really need an action. You're there.

>Just don't mention me...or anything having to do with me. Or milno and the joker squad. Or specifics about our location. Common sense stuff, really.
You want it to be utilitarian uniform or resplendent dress uniform with medals and stuff?

"Okiedokie, no mentioning our secrets, got it. You have anything specific you need me to teach our well-meaning but incompetent guerilla allies?"

((I'd say mostly utilitarian, but maybe an officer's field uniform? Something that wouldn't seem out of place on the battlefield but still looks spiffy, like russian greatcoats. I'll let you pick your favourite uniform, I'm sure you've got a certain one you like, be it real or from some series or another.

And wait, we have medals? Cause if we do Steve would do well shipping in some purple hearts. Like, an entire warehouse of them.))

>Try to teach them not to blow themselves up. Thats a common problem, believe it or not.

Buy a MK3 suit and put it on in place of Mk1. Put shotgun up for sale for one token then go watch tv.

Quote from: Jack Hansan->All
Selling shotgun for a token. Find me in the Rec room if interested.[/qoute]
Someone stick that sale on the wiki.

Tv eh?
You watch a retrospective on why steam greenlight meant the death of everything good in the world.

Hasala watched as Steve boarded one of the mission shuttles and remained on-board when it took off. Well, that made talking to him more difficult... or did it? He vaguely recalled the man on Hephaestus speaking to Steve aloud. Maybe it worked on the ship, too?
"Uh, Steve? Can you hear me?" Hasala asked the empty hangar at large, feeling slightly foolish. "There's a video record of my last mission, yes? Can I watch it?"
Get a datapad from the armory and watch the Mission 14 recordings on it. Afterwards, head to the Infirmary and ask a knowledgeable-looking person about what they did to fix my injury.

Make note of anyone else in the Infirmary who doesn't look like a doctor or nurse, if any.
Consider yourself updated about that mission
As per your injury, I forget what it was.

As per the infirmary, I think it doesn't have anyone in it right now. Everyone is on mission.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26060 on: September 29, 2014, 02:37:11 pm »

If, as Sean said, I'm on the Sword already, head over to the infirmary and ask a random passing assistant if the Doctor is with anyone at the moment. If he is, head over to the rec room and lounge about. If he isn't, go to him.

And the best part is that no one's likely to remember me beyond certain people because I'm the most generic person of all time.
Sig! Onol

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26061 on: September 29, 2014, 03:52:59 pm »

Afterwards, head to the Infirmary and ask a knowledgeable-looking person about what they did to fix my injury.

((Armor-piercing APC machinegun round through my lungs and heart.))

After watching the Mission 14 recordings and visiting the infirmary, Hasala types up the tactical critique Miyamoto wanted. When he finishes that, he heads over to the Rec Room to plug himself into VR.
Ask Steve what kind of weapons our insurgents have access to; do most of them receive shipments from Hephaestus, or do they have to rely on local sources and technology?

Go to the Rec Room, plug into VR. Spawn one of every Conventional weapon in the armory (including the prototypes currently undergoing testing, if available), as well as a large number of unarmored Sods and Sods in battlesuits. No AI for now, just targets.

Fire the Laser Rifle, Gauss Rifle, Crystalline Projector, Sibilus rifle, Cutting Laser, HEP, PSL, Plasma Projector, Gauss Cannon (non-nuclear rounds), and if available the chem-thrower (both ammo types) and the Testament, Spektr, and Raduga rifles at both types of spawned Sod (don't specifically aim at battlesuit joints, I don't know about that weakness IC yet). Assume all rolls are automatic 5s. Observe results.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26062 on: September 29, 2014, 05:38:17 pm »

((Err yes, sorry about that.  How about he got ahold of a universal translator?  No more binary, then, except perhaps for a few situations.  Let's see, the microwave field manipulator and the monoatomic razor seem good.  Going to mission thread now.))
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:20:08 pm by Nunzillor »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26063 on: September 29, 2014, 06:32:52 pm »

"I hear you sell random artifacts in boxes."
Kyle says getting right to the point.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26064 on: September 30, 2014, 06:28:34 am »

"I'll try my best to teach our lemmings not to self terminate, then."

Pancaek goes to the armoury and gets the utilitarian uniform, puts it on and then goes into vr to record the following scene. Also ask Steve if it's okay to say that I'm "sergeant Nilys", since we don't really use ranks other than the three generals and I'm unaware of Steves stance on them

The locale is a large, nondescript hangar, with ARM banners hanging in the back.

Pancaek, now wearing the uniform, walks in from the left side of the screen and stops in the middle, looking at the viewer.

"Hail, revolutionary. I am Sergeant Nilys of the ARM revolutionary forces. In today's lesson on how to become a valuable member of the revolution, we will adress two points.

Firstly, it has come to my attention that some of you aren't being very careful in your attacks. Now, while I applaud your fervour and spirit, it would be wise to tone this back a little. Suicide bombings and rushes are wonderfull terror attacks, but they do not help us in the long run. The UWM is not a small organization we can terrorize into leaving.

Instead, you will have to band together. The only way to truly strike a blow at the UWM forces is to strike fast, hard and decisive. And, just as importantly, to be able to back up your attacks. Taking over a facility or town is no use to the revolution if you take so many casualties that you cannot stop the UWM counterattack the day after. but more on this later on"

Pancaek gestures to his right, at which point a standard Sod unit appears.

"Which brings us to our first technical point of today. This is a standard UWM sod trooper. These troopers may look human enough, but they are not. They are vat-bred killers with the empathy and brainpower of a mentally challenged bear. And much like this mentally challenged bear, they will rip you to shreds of you underestimate them.

These troopers have a limited vocabulary and thought processes. They are also utterly loyal to whoever their commander is and will follow his or her orders to the letter. Sods also do not have a sense of self-preservation, so do not try and talk them down. The sod physique and brains are bred for one thing, war. In combat situations, they excel.

So you, the revolutionary, are at a disadvantage when fighting these man-like machinations. So here are some tips. Firstly, work together. Superior numbers and teamwork go a long way toward victory.

Secondly, be creative. Sods are impressive soldiers when they get into standard combat situations. However, their training starts to fall apart when pitted against non-standard tactics and gear. Trying to get the drop on them is never a bad idea.

Thirdly, don't hold back. Really, throw everything you've got at them. Sod equipment is mostly lifelocked, so those shiny doodads get turned into slag when they die. As such, there is no reason trying to get a perfect headshot so you can loot their gear. If you get the chance to vaporize them, do so.
You can also go directly after their commanders. Should you find where these people are hold up, killing them will sever the sod from his directives. They will get disorganized and less effective. Some sods may simply stop moving altogether, or start attacking anyone they see.

So, to summarize our first lesson. Work together. Minimize friendly casualties while maximizing enemy ones. Do not underestimate the standard trooper. And do not hesitate to use lots of force. In this case, there is no kill, quite like overkill."

Pancaek salutes the camera

"stay safe out there and I'll meet you on that battlefield some day."

Aaand fade to black.

save video for Miyamoto/Steve approval and possible distribution
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 01:59:51 pm by Pancaek »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26065 on: September 30, 2014, 09:05:24 am »

Look to see if there is a space version of BBC News.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26066 on: September 30, 2014, 04:10:28 pm »

Yttra appears from wherever she was hiding and starts wandering about the ship. She occasionally stops and stares at nothing, and at one point pushes on a wall for no apparent reason. As she's walking past the armoury, she stops and stares at the equipment list. It's longer than she remembers.

At the armoury:
Buy hand laser (1 token), and ask the vendor
"Hey, is there something i can do to make this coat work against lasers?".
If that's what the "ablative armour plating" option for the longcoat is, buy it for 2 tokens.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26067 on: October 01, 2014, 01:00:27 pm »

If, as Sean said, I'm on the Sword already, head over to the infirmary and ask a random passing assistant if the Doctor is with anyone at the moment. If he is, head over to the rec room and lounge about. If he isn't, go to him.

And the best part is that no one's likely to remember me beyond certain people because I'm the most generic person of all time.
Yeah, he's around. Feel free to talk.

Afterwards, head to the Infirmary and ask a knowledgeable-looking person about what they did to fix my injury.

((Armor-piercing APC machinegun round through my lungs and heart.))

After watching the Mission 14 recordings and visiting the infirmary, Hasala types up the tactical critique Miyamoto wanted. When he finishes that, he heads over to the Rec Room to plug himself into VR.
Ask Steve what kind of weapons our insurgents have access to; do most of them receive shipments from Hephaestus, or do they have to rely on local sources and technology?

Go to the Rec Room, plug into VR. Spawn one of every Conventional weapon in the armory (including the prototypes currently undergoing testing, if available), as well as a large number of unarmored Sods and Sods in battlesuits. No AI for now, just targets.

Fire the Laser Rifle, Gauss Rifle, Crystalline Projector, Sibilus rifle, Cutting Laser, HEP, PSL, Plasma Projector, Gauss Cannon (non-nuclear rounds), and if available the chem-thrower (both ammo types) and the Testament, Spektr, and Raduga rifles at both types of spawned Sod (don't specifically aim at battlesuit joints, I don't know about that weakness IC yet). Assume all rolls are automatic 5s. Observe results.
In that case, probably artificial lungs and heart, regrow the rest of the tissue.

Local, for now. The Heph guys haven't been shipping anything anywhere namely because we don't really have a whole lot of worlds under our control yet.

Sigh. Unarmored sods? Sods aren't superhuman; well, ok, they aren't super heroes. You can kill them with a .22 to the forehead. A 5 against an unarmored, unmoving sod is basically gonna kill em regardless of what it is. I mean, it's a fucking gun after all. They're just really strong, really well trained humans. They're not bullet proof.

((Err yes, sorry about that.  How about he got ahold of a universal translator?  No more binary, then, except perhaps for a few situations.  Let's see, the microwave field manipulator and the monoatomic razor seem good.  Going to mission thread now.))
Seems fine to me. Someone add it to the wiki.

I really should create some sort of searchable tag for people updating the wiki, so they can easily find posts or parts of posts where things need to be updated or added.

"I'll try my best to teach our lemmings not to self terminate, then."

Pancaek goes to the armoury and gets the utilitarian uniform, puts it on and then goes into vr to record the following scene. Also ask Steve if it's okay to say that I'm "sergeant Nilys", since we don't really use ranks other than the three generals and I'm unaware of Steves stance on them

The locale is a large, nondescript hangar, with ARM banners hanging in the back.

Pancaek, now wearing the uniform, walks in from the left side of the screen and stops in the middle, looking at the viewer.

"Hail, revolutionary. I am Sergeant Nilys of the ARM revolutionary forces. In today's lesson on how to become a valuable member of the revolution, we will adress two points.

Firstly, it has come to my attention that some of you aren't being very careful in your attacks. Now, while I applaud your fervour and spirit, it would be wise to tone this back a little. Suicide bombings and rushes are wonderfull terror attacks, but they do not help us in the long run. The UWM is not a small organization we can terrorize into leaving.

Instead, you will have to band together. The only way to truly strike a blow at the UWM forces is to strike fast, hard and decisive. And, just as importantly, to be able to back up your attacks. Taking over a facility or town is no use to the revolution if you take so many casualties that you cannot stop the UWM counterattack the day after. but more on this later on"

Pancaek gestures to his right, at which point a standard Sod unit appears.

"Which brings us to our first technical point of today. This is a standard UWM sod trooper. These troopers may look human enough, but they are not. They are vat-bred killers with the empathy and brainpower of a mentally challenged bear. And much like this mentally challenged bear, they will rip you to shreds of you underestimate them.

These troopers have a limited vocabulary and thought processes. They are also utterly loyal to whoever their commander is and will follow his or her orders to the letter. Sods also do not have a sense of self-preservation, so do not try and talk them down. The sod physique and brains are bred for one thing, war. In combat situations, they excel.

So you, the revolutionary, are at a disadvantage when fighting these man-like machinations. So here are some tips. Firstly, work together. Superior numbers and teamwork go a long way toward victory.

Secondly, be creative. Sods are impressive soldiers when they get into standard combat situations. However, their training starts to fall apart when pitted against non-standard tactics and gear. Trying to get the drop on them is never a bad idea.

Thirdly, don't hold back. Really, throw everything you've got at them. Sod equipment is mostly lifelocked, so those shiny doodads get turned into slag when they die. As such, there is no reason trying to get a perfect headshot so you can loot their gear. If you get the chance to vaporize them, do so.
You can also go directly after their commanders. Should you find where these people are hold up, killing them will sever the sod from his directives. They will get disorganized and less effective. Some sods may simply stop moving altogether, or start attacking anyone they see.

So, to summarize our first lesson. Work together. Minimize friendly casualties while maximizing enemy ones. Do not underestimate the standard trooper. And do not hesitate to use lots of force. In this case, there is no kill, quite like overkill."

Pancaek salutes the camera

"stay safe out there and I'll meet you on that battlefield some day."

Aaand fade to black.

save video for Miyamoto/Steve approval and possible distribution
Call yourself high commandant general overseer extraordinaire for all steve cares.

Recorded and saved for playback.

(Might want to remember where this post is...)

Look to see if there is a space version of BBC News.
Space bbc? Space Britain? You asked for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LgpZyJihck

You just want a general news station eh? Hm. Well the closest you'd get is one of the centralized core world news broadcasts and they aren't very trustworthy or friendly. Especially now that they have a good revolution to rail against and work themselves into a frenzy over.

Yttra appears from wherever she was hiding and starts wandering about the ship. She occasionally stops and stares at nothing, and at one point pushes on a wall for no apparent reason. As she's walking past the armoury, she stops and stares at the equipment list. It's longer than she remembers.

At the armoury:
Buy hand laser (1 token), and ask the vendor
"Hey, is there something i can do to make this coat work against lasers?".
If that's what the "ablative armour plating" option for the longcoat is, buy it for 2 tokens.

I'm gonna look silly here but where are you getting this "Ablative armor" option from?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26068 on: October 01, 2014, 01:44:21 pm »

Medium box, green hexagon, with any line please.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26069 on: October 01, 2014, 01:51:03 pm »

Walk into the Doc's room.

Hello Doctor. I'd like to talk with you about some things, if it's alright.

((I dunno if you wanna do this via PM or not, since I'm gonna be asking him about the nature of my transformation, which you've kept pretty secret so far, so just PM me if it's going to be PM, or I guess respond here if not.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 ... 2101