_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1773 1774 [1775] 1776 1777 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728207 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26610 on: January 04, 2015, 01:45:07 pm »

"Since those wire-frame objects don't cause that digitization effect, why not re-purpose some of them to make safe boots? I've only seen two people with MkIIIs since this whole thing began, and one of them seems to want to injure or kill the other."
"Just so you know, my suit is a customised mining exoskeleton with jump rockets, it cannot fly."

Scuttle over to the portal and sit off to one side, pull out a stun grenade in an obvious but unthreatening manner.
Place stun grenade upon ground inside the portal and wait for it to become fully digitized then retrieve it using tongs.

Also place my UWM keycard on top of an existing wireframe item to test the theory about digitized boots being digitization insulators.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26611 on: January 04, 2015, 01:50:20 pm »

How to stop and reverse the anomalic activity going around. How to destroy whatever the machine thing is.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26612 on: January 04, 2015, 01:51:35 pm »

Look around for doors that didn't disappear that aren't the R and D Department.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26613 on: January 04, 2015, 02:33:31 pm »

How to stop and reverse the anomalic activity going around. How to destroy whatever the machine thing is.
"What anomalic activity?"

Pan looks around the room

"Oh. Oh dear. By the way, who's the squid?"

Try to remember/think about the following:

-The anomalies on ship. BOth the dissapearance of the armoury, the black goop and this digitizing stuff

-How to stop these things

-What is causing them

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26614 on: January 04, 2015, 04:52:55 pm »

Some scientist guy from R&D. Knowing this ship, they're entirely different from regular scientists and far more armed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26615 on: January 04, 2015, 05:28:42 pm »

( I think the scientists are all armed with laser rifles))
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26616 on: January 05, 2015, 02:53:07 pm »

WELL THEN, OFF I GO IN SEARCH OF ADVENTURE!
You unfortunately do not appear to have the ability to fly, or I would so have thrown you straight into that hole. This is the point where I ask you to specify what you mean by that before I find some mean way of turning that vague desire for adventure against you.

Examine lines, and where they lead to. Ask someone else if there is a Bar, or a Mess Hall or seomthing, if there is perhaps any amount of alcohol aboard this ship that I have spontaneously appeared on, so that I may drink, and that I may think more clearly.
Well, the lines tell of a mess hall, but they lead to a giant robotic squid and a room covered in hardened goop so...maybe there was some sort of cooking accident? Regardless, you don't see any mess hall over there. However, you do find some guy just standing around screaming "ADVENTURE!" and he has a full bottle of booze on him! Maybe he'll share some? Or you can bash him in the back of the head and steal it? Or offer him something for it? Depends on your alignment, really.

If the scientists let me approach the hole, try to retrieve two wireframe objects, preferably ones roughly foot-sized.
Hold that thought.

No, really. I'm going somewhere with this. Do action.

Say the following to Dr. Clark:

"Since those wire-frame objects don't cause that digitization effect, why not re-purpose some of them to make safe boots? I've only seen two people with MkIIIs since this whole thing began, and one of them seems to want to injure or kill the other."
The robot squid shifts one camera eye to look at you.  "Try it if you like, but It may not work, in which case I will have to remove your legs."

You scuttle over to the hole and look at whats sitting around the entrance to it. You grab what looks like a two liter bottle and a lamp. This goes off without a hitch.

Since I don't seem to be actively dying anymore, wander off towards the rec hall
The melting has indeed stopped at just above the elbow, though your arms are still behaving strangely. They're now looking like some sort of mist or heat haze. It's all quite confusing.

Regardless, you head off toward the rec room, but as soon as you round the corner to the hall leading there, the scientists all spin to face you. They take one look at your arms and immediately train their rifles on your head and chest.

"Halt!" One of the scientists shouts, "Raise your..." he pauses and then seems to reconsider, "Just stay perfectly still."

carefully head towards the armory alert for any danger
Well, you get to the hall that leads to the armory, however the situation described above is currently occurring there so...gonna guess you probably don't just want to blunder into that.

Casually sit with medical man in the armlock.
Is he still being held?  He seems to think he is not. Is someone lying to me? Or do I have the wrong person in mind?

These answers and more on the next episode of "All my parasitic offspring"

((Oh, when I read it earlier I didn't read back far enough to realize the armory is gone.))

Assuming you don't want to spawn me in some special way, Attempt to find R&D and examine the room. Besides rainbow arms and the burning rods, perhaps equipment, or tools.
Well, inside that, for lack of a better word, airlock, there isn't much. The only equipment is that inner door and its keypad, though there is what appears to be some kind of tool laying discarded in one corner of the room, dangerously close to some of the rods.
"Just so you know, my suit is a customised mining exoskeleton with jump rockets, it cannot fly."

Scuttle over to the portal and sit off to one side, pull out a stun grenade in an obvious but unthreatening manner.
Place stun grenade upon ground inside the portal and wait for it to become fully digitized then retrieve it using tongs.

Also place my UWM keycard on top of an existing wireframe item to test the theory about digitized boots being digitization insulators.

The first test, with the grenade doesn't go so well; about halfway through digitizing the grenade starts to sink into the ground. You try to pull it back out with the tongs but it resists and eventually disappears. Great. Your card, on the other hand, doesn't seem effected.

Lets see here...Barracks, I don't remember if the hanger did...the briefing room is still there...not a lot of places to go, honestly.

"What anomalic activity?"

Pan looks around the room

"Oh. Oh dear. By the way, who's the squid?"

Try to remember/think about the following:

-The anomalies on ship. BOth the dissapearance of the armoury, the black goop and this digitizing stuff

-How to stop these things

-What is causing them

That draws a blank.

Stopping it...You get the distinct feeling that this  section of the ship is some how caught up in the internal systems of the alien artifact. The artifact is building a...for lack of a better word, digitized, record of everything it scans by creating duplicates in this wire frame pocket dimension. Somehow this chunk of the ship got caught up in the process and is now just sitting in here, some giant glob of unrecognized data that the artifact is no doubt probing. The assistant's memories and semi-concious interactions are no doubt coloring things is some way, perhaps just altering the way the thing parses the data...agh whatever.  The point is that somehow this section of ship got sucked in and yet hasn't been digitized. To get out you have to either sever whatever is connecting the area or maybe even collapse the database, though that second one could have some unforeseen consequences.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26617 on: January 05, 2015, 04:11:34 pm »

Explore the Ship? I dunno. Haven't really left the area in a while.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26618 on: January 05, 2015, 04:45:36 pm »

Lets see here...Barracks, I don't remember if the hanger did...the briefing room is still there...not a lot of places to go, honestly.

((The hangar door is still there, last anyone checked, though the hangar itself was in vacuum.))

Lamp? I'm assuming of this general shape?

Prepare dynamic Handiwork bonus. Ask the scientists if I could borrow a laser rifle or a cutting torch or something for a moment.
"I'm going to need something to cut with. Could I borrow one of those rifles for a second?"

Alternatively, if someone with a bonus to Handiwork and something to cut with offers to help, hand them the lampshade and bottle.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26619 on: January 05, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »

"He he he! Come to me my precious!"

Attempt to grab the 'Tool' without touching the rods. If I manage to grab the tool, what does it look like? Any buttons, or knobs, is it electronic? Is it even a tool?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:59:22 pm by HavingPhun »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26620 on: January 05, 2015, 06:09:07 pm »

The spine puncher guy, you know? I put him in a armlock? Ah, let's just say I stopped at some point.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26621 on: January 05, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »

Standing 2: The Standing Returns

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26622 on: January 05, 2015, 08:18:58 pm »

“Oh, hello there! Say, would you happen to know what's up with that room over there? There's a door in there that seems to be broken, its doorknob is missing! Also there are some wierd rods in there, I tried to grab one to use in a manual override on the door, but instead it gave me a really good hallucination! My arms were all dubstep for a while! They still look wierd just not as wierd. Also, why are you pointing guns at me? That's not very nice. Also, what is this place? I thought I was supposed to be sent to a prison? I don't really know, I wasn't paying attention when they lectured me, so I don't know where I am or why I am here. If this is a prison its a really wierd one! I mean, I step out of my tube and the lights go out. And then there's friendly goo on the walls and someone gave me a rocket-assisted hug into a wall. Also, do you have any clothes? I think I forgot to get clothes when I stepped out of the tube.”
Motormouth? Motormouth. Also, resist the urge to gesture
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26623 on: January 06, 2015, 02:48:16 am »

Stand still and wait for people with knowledge, experience, and items of clothing other than "Trousers" to solve the problem.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26624 on: January 06, 2015, 09:16:21 am »

"Well it appears that im not getting my leg back after all, but on the bright side digital boots look plausible, as do digital stepping stones."

Fire lasers at a distant wireframe object to determine if they go "boom" when cut.

If so, prevent the shoemaker from making shoes.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1773 1774 [1775] 1776 1777 ... 2101