_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5734136 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: [WIKI]
« Reply #27555 on: April 08, 2015, 02:11:01 pm »

Jason smiles under the shroud as he suddenly knows the history of Gilgamesh. It seems he was right in his guess, and he felt confident in his ability to pilot the suit. Still, there was only one way to test it.

"Please excuse me again for interrupting, Flint and Miss Cat. It seems that the shroud does read the history of objects, but it also seems to give me the competence to use them. The only way I can test it is if I try, but I don't want to overstep any boundaries. Flint, would you give me permission to take your battlesuit for a lap around the hangar? I promise to keep it inside the ship, and if the effect wears off, I'll stop immediately and come get you." Jason asks politely.
Flint turned to look at the man, scratching his head a bit. Gilgamesh was his. He didn't feel comfortable sharing him with others, even for a bit. Especially people with weird magical stuff who had no experience other than through weird magical stuff.
"Eeerm... Are you sure? I mean, it's got a lot of buttons in there and not all of them should be pressed and there are... Errm... I mean, if you are confident that you can pilot it, sure, just... Don't fire the weapons under any circumstances, do not press any buttons you are not supposed to, stay away from other people and... How the hell are you going to pilot it with one arm? Are you just going to walk it around?"
You were just piloting while drunk, you hypocrite. You were using it to get drunk, in fact.

"I assume mission?"
I nod once
"Combat?"
No response
"Well, I'm not an incredibly complicated person. If there's something I should kill, I shoot it. If it gets close, I punch it. If I want to get somewhere or away quickly, I fly. And if a teammate is in trouble, I try to 'take the bullet' so to speak."

"Now, I'm not in charge here, so this is only what I want to do."

"I think I'll try not shooting at anything if I don't need to or maybe just using my laser. In fact, if those things can adapt as quickly as Steve says, I shouldn't even try to protect you if it isn't absolutely necessary, since those things will develop even stronger weapons that will get through my armour. So at least for the first part, I'll just be following you and saying my prayers, maybe using my hands a bit or helping with scouting and moving people around or opening a path if something is in the way. I can also lay energy mines or claymore mines to cover our backs from ambushes, but I don't know how useful that will be."

Flint sighed, looking down and shaking his head a bit.
"I feel kinda bad knowing that in the beginning the best way to help the others will be to not help them."
He looked at Lyra again.
"When they get the big guns out, I'll just-"

"What in hell's name is going on back there?" he said, turning to look at where the shouting was coming from.
Flint took a few steps back so he could see behind Gilgamesh's legs. He stared at the sight of Pancaek and the mouth with his mouth open for a couple of seconds. He wasn't certain about what he was supposed to feel about that.
Yet more weird magical stuff. Am I the only human left on this ship?
Judging that Pancaek was not in danger but merely inconvenienced, he reverted to humour.
"Hey, Spoonman? Need me to come over there and pull that suction cup off your face? Or maybe Chatcat to come and bite the biter?"
He turned to look at Lyra.
"Want to see something disturbing? And a bit funny at the same time?" he said, pointing at something behind Gilgamesh's legs, trying to stifle a smile appearing below his mustache.

Flint pauses to see if Lyra wants to do anything else, if she had something to say or if he should continue.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:51:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27556 on: April 08, 2015, 02:19:46 pm »

Pan turns around, the entire blob also turning like some demented party hat

"I'M CONFIDENT THAT I CAN GET OUT OF THIS MYSELF, OLD MAN. IT'S JUST A MINI-FLESHHORROR CHEWING UP MY BODY, NOTHING TO PANIC ABOUT. DON'T FORGET, I AM THE ONE."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #27557 on: April 08, 2015, 02:24:45 pm »

"A WONDERFUL REMARK MARINE. INSTEAD, YOU WILL FIND A SPOT WITH SOME MOVEMENT SPACE NEARBY AND DANCE ME THE DANCE OF YOUR PEOPLE. AND I BETTER SEE YOU BUST THAT METAL ASS OF YOURS, NO SLACKING OFF."

Yaroslav shrugs, goes a few steps away from the scene, puts his flamethrower aside, places his hands properly and repeatedly performs a waltz figure, humming this. He only danced at his wedding before, which was literally ages ago, and first moves come out clumsy, but after three or four iterations he catches up with his own rhythm. After making a few successful moves, Yaroslav finishes his dance with a bow and picks up his weapon.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:13:29 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27558 on: April 08, 2015, 02:25:58 pm »

I walk over to the battlesuit's legs and look at what Flint is pointing at, then when Blob-Bite and Legs turns to face me and yell at me I jerk my head backwards behind the suit legs for a moment, then shake my head side to side once before slowly poking my head out again and look at it again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27559 on: April 08, 2015, 02:41:01 pm »

Hearing the commotion, Brother Lars looks up from his wristpad and pokes his head out the door.  "Brother Pancaek, it appears there is something eating your head.  Are you okay, friend?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27560 on: April 08, 2015, 02:55:51 pm »

"Thanks Flint, I promise I'll be real careful. I'll probably just walk it around, unless it has some sort of handicap compensation system so I can do more." Jason responded to Flint before noticing the commotion.

Jason makes his way over to Gilgamesh's opposite leg, peeking around to see what is causing the commotion. Upon spotting the fleshhorror, his non-Shackled hand clenches and his jaw tenses up as he has a brief M15 flashback. He scans the area and spots other nearby, along with Dubley. He takes a slow, deep breath to restrain his urge to go pulp that fleshhorror with the only Shackle input he knew.

"Dubley, what the hell? Did that monster from Mission 15 have a baby?" He calls out.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:01:52 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27561 on: April 08, 2015, 02:58:20 pm »

"RECRUIT TADDOK IS, IN FACT, TRYING TO EAT THE UPPER HALF OF MY BODY. YOUR CONCERNS ARE NOTED AND APPRECIATED, BROTHER LARS, BUT I AM CONFIDENT THAT I CAN GET MYSELF OUT OF THIS. IF RECRUIT TADDOK DOES NOT COOPERATE I WON'T BE ABLE TO GUARANTEE HIS SURVIVAL, HOWEVER."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27562 on: April 08, 2015, 02:59:36 pm »

Flint chuckled as he saw Lyra get scared.
"Told you it was disturbing."

"Kinda diminishes his authority when he's wearing a mouth for a hat, right?
Then again, with that silly thing he normally wears, it's not much of a difference.
If we're lucky, that other guy will end up swallowing it and we can be rid of it for good."

"Thanks Flint, I promise I'll be real careful. I'll probably just walk it around, unless it has some sort of handicap compensation system." Jason responded to Flint before noticing the commotion.

Jason makes his way over to Gilgamesh's opposite leg, peeking around to see what is causing the commotion. Upon spotting the fleshhorror, his non-Shackled hand clenches and his jaw tenses up as he has a brief M15 flashback. He scans the area and spots other nearby, along with Dubley. He takes a slow, deep breath to restrain his urge to go pulp that fleshhorror with the only Shackle input he knew.

"Dubley, what the hell? Did that monster from Mission 15 have a baby?" He calls out.
"No problem. You can even use one hand if you want. Just be careful, it takes some getting used to to keep your balance in that thing."
He should probably know that already if what he says is true, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27563 on: April 08, 2015, 03:02:49 pm »

I need Mind stims! Stop gawkin' and start walkin', you bastards!

((Dunno what I could say in my current state, though, and I'd rather not chew on the angry man that's threatening to kill me))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27564 on: April 08, 2015, 03:12:41 pm »

Brother Lars nodded.  "As you wish, Brother.  O Algis, may you protect these two... men as they struggle with their problems..."

Pray for the safety of these two fools.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27565 on: April 08, 2015, 04:32:30 pm »

Wandering around the ship, Maurice heard the mass excitement ahead, with all the various people talking and Pancaek's uncharacteristically booming voice. Chuckling to self in amusement, yet respecting the privacy of the event, he took the turn at the nearest corner, without coming any nearer.
Quote from: Dr. M.Sanctor to: Pancaek
Just so you know, I can safely cut you out of the thing, probably without much damage to the possessed teammate. I know and respect your ability to take care of yourself, and won't trouble you; just mentioning in case you want a clean and discreet option on the table.
#Dr. M.Sanctor

Browse the Nyars wares again! I still have three tokens to blow through!
He should've renewed his stock already, right? No day like a busy market day!

((Does anyone object to me prompting Nyars wares reset?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

The process of awakening from stasis has always been a sickening experience for Xan - the sudden shift from utter stillness of mind to even the slow creep of feelings at the back of his mind is disorientating and gives him a headache. He reaches groggily for his head, cradling it in his hands against the pain-
And he freezes. He opens his eyes to see his hands.
His hands.
He went to sleep without limbs, he should not have woken up with hands.
He quickly concentrated. He willed his limbs to shift to something else. Something more ... serpentine. With scales. But there was no change forthcoming.
Xan frowned. He concentrated again on his limbs. Change. Change! CHANGE! But nothing was forthcoming but the strange phantom ache that results from concentrating too hard.
His hands are trembling, and his thin chest is heaving with panicked breaths.
I can't change. Why can't I change?!
He rolls off the table he woke up lying on and scrambles under it, frantically glancing around at the room he finds himself in. White walled. Sterile. Harsh lighting. Infirmary.
He stays under the table for quite some time, processing his existential crisis and shaking. Eventually he stops, and slowly crawls out from under the table, unfolding to his full height. His eyes are red-rimmed and his face is streaked with tears. He speaks with a shaky voice.
Steve. Steve, am I on the Sword? Why can't I change? What has happened? Why can I not change?
RP? Or are we saving it for when the missions start?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27567 on: April 08, 2015, 05:11:11 pm »

Quote from: Dr. M.Sanctor to: Pancaek
Just so you know, I can safely cut you out of the thing, probably without much damage to the possessed teammate. I know and respect your ability to take care of yourself, and won't trouble you; just mentioning in case you want a clean and discreet option on the table.
#Dr. M.Sanctor

Quote from: Pancaek -> Dr. M.Sanctor
Thanks for the offer, but I mostly want to give chuckles over here one more chance to get back to normal himself. I doubt he can do much damage to my synthflesh anyway. Still, I'll keep you in mind for if this drags on for too long.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27568 on: April 08, 2015, 05:18:15 pm »

"Some guy with no willpower got his hands on a fleshwarping artifact. And now it's trying to eat an amp user's brain. So yeah, mission 15 all over again."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27569 on: April 08, 2015, 05:24:31 pm »

Head out to the Hangar.

"General Sir Robot Titanic Overlord Sir Miyamoto Sir Sir! I would like to requisition what is listed on the manifest as a 'Mind Fuck Gun'! I wish to verify the effects and potential use in the field and therefore pledge to write an appropiate post-combat report SIR!

Wrangle with Avatar of Miyamoto from vantage point gently bouncing on stilts.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 2101