_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1841 1842 [1843] 1844 1845 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733869 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27630 on: April 10, 2015, 03:25:37 pm »

Grab my prototype kit, get into drop-pod mentality, speak with overlord.
"Sir, as you're my mission commander, requesting permission to be the driver of jeep 1. Mostly because I have no idea if the mindfuck beam works on mutating mushrooms."

"How well can you drive, boy?"

((Aka what's your aux skill?))
((0. Guaranteed not to drive off a cliff into a pit of teeth while singing happily, unlike the minmaxers.

All my stats are 0))

"I'm not going to say I'm really good, because I'm not. On the other hand, I'm fairly sure I can avoid a Hyphen Nine unlike basically the rest of the crew.""
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #27631 on: April 10, 2015, 04:35:10 pm »

continue twiddling thumbs waiting for briefing
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27632 on: April 10, 2015, 04:39:15 pm »

"General, is there anything that you would recommend in order to increase us rookies chances of survival? Also, do we know much about the degree of intelligence of the individual haebi? Could the entire planet be some sort of massive intelligence beyond our dreams- wait a second... Uh, nevermind, thank you sir! Goodbye."

Ian, disturbed by the sudden realization, walked out of the room. He remembered waking from stasis into the ship during that strange warp in space time, with the mysterious portal in the wall, and all the other bizarre occurences. But, what he remembered most was that damned 'Pancaek'. Such an unnatural creature, what kind of pancake acts like a human, and why did no one else notice this?!? 'Pancaek' was obviously just another fungal monster, waiting to strike out. He decided that he would keep an eye on the strange thing. Damn fungi-alien shapshifter!

Ian headed to the armory to pick up his prototype and then heading to the hanger. Suddenly, Ian sensed as if some great power was calling for an open attack on him... what the hell!?!

Head over to the armory and get my prototype, (MCP-II w/ fleshknitter tank). Go to the ?Hanger? and await departure for the mission. Watch for any suspicious folk, yell obscenities at anyone who gets with seeing distance. If that walking, talking "Pancaek" comes along, threaten it with syrup.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:28:24 pm by HavingPhun »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27633 on: April 10, 2015, 04:53:20 pm »

"Heh. Yeah, I remember that stuff with the little figure. It trashed our section pretty badly. I don't even remember right how long ago that was." he replies, recalling that event where he got mindfucked - big effin' surprise - and had to check outside the ship to find the source of the problem. "Did it really take a bite off the ship instead of just fucking around with our place? Huh."

"Will we go through one of those periods where we'll have some rooms off-limits while they're repaired or will everything just be done while we're in stasis during the next jump?"
he inquires.

He keeps the chat limited to small talk and practical matters.

Talk to the AM. Edit: Stay away from any glowing radioactive material people may pop up near the armory with.

"And which part of the jump is dangerous for the people inside, again?" he asks, just to be sure. Funny how some of the simple stuff has been overlooked by him for so long.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:05:29 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27634 on: April 10, 2015, 05:35:22 pm »

"So then, that was all I can think of off the top of my head. Unless, Hasala, you had something to add?"

Before anyone can leave the briefing room, Hasala begins to speak.

"Yes. To expand on your point re: coordination; the Haebi are going to adapt to whatever we do. If we're haphazardly firing everything we've got every time we see a Haebi soldier, they'll adapt to everything pretty quickly. I, or Lars, or perhaps even Flint, will be calling the weapon type to be used, on team Snapdragon. If you don't have a weapon that matches that type, don't attack. If you're in immediate danger, retreat towards an ally who has the appropriate weapon type.  If for what reason you cannot do that, only then may you use a different weapon.

I know from personnel files what every member of Snapdragon is going to be carrying. Some of you seem content to go down there with only one type of weapon. Given how many newbies are on these missions, it's understandable if you can't afford to purchase a backup. That is one of the purposes of the Team Fund, though; I don't want anyone stepping into a drop pod without at least two types of weapons. If the Team Fund runs out, ask me or someone else with money for a loan. There's no shortage of conventional rifle selection from the armory, which received a few new entries at once with this last shipment, for those unaware. I haven't looked through Gyromitra's files, but no one on Snapdragon has a Crystalline Projector, Hand Cannon, or Brisant. There are only two chemical throwers, as well. We have plenty of Gauss rifles, so for those of you without one, get something else.

General, opinion on whether the teams should coordinate weapon type usage, or do you think we'll be too far apart for the Haebi to adapt to the other team?"

After the secondary briefing finishes, Hasala heads to the armory to collect his Sharksuit prototype.

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27635 on: April 10, 2015, 05:47:23 pm »

Get to the briefing room in time to hear everything. And Talk to Hasala. Ask Hasala what would be a good idea for me considering my only weapon is long range.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27636 on: April 10, 2015, 05:56:57 pm »

Get to the briefing room in time to hear everything. And Talk to Hasala. Ask Hasala what would be a good idea for me considering my only weapon is long range.
"Long range will probably be only marginally useful. I'd recommend removing that modification for this mission, and getting one of those four weapons I just listed. The Brisant and Hand Cannon are new additions to the armory; I'd go with explosive or fragmentation ammunition. If you go with one of those or namite, avoid shooting near teammates, of course."

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27637 on: April 10, 2015, 06:20:23 pm »

EDIT
"Long range will probably be only marginally useful. I'd recommend removing that modification for this mission, and getting one of those four weapons I just listed. The Brisant and Hand Cannon are new additions to the armory; I'd go with explosive or fragmentation ammunition. If you go with one of those or namite, avoid shooting near teammates, of course."
Any chance I can get the hand cannon from the team fund?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:50:21 pm by heroguy111 »

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27638 on: April 10, 2015, 06:45:14 pm »

Somehow get potion 5 while unconcious

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27639 on: April 10, 2015, 06:47:09 pm »

Glug potion 11.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27640 on: April 10, 2015, 08:07:46 pm »

While checking through all his weapons (Laser rifle and Gauss rifle with AP and HP rounds) he Loads his rifle with the HP rounds and then gets Into the drop shuttle.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27641 on: April 10, 2015, 10:08:45 pm »

Carve off Zaynes right arm,

(Woot, free robot arm :D)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27642 on: April 10, 2015, 11:56:12 pm »

having entered the briefing room just in time to hear the briefing, I wait in the back near the door and listen.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27643 on: April 11, 2015, 12:06:57 am »

Dubley's going to spend the rest of the time before the mission doodling on his cannon. Including the arrow of Ingram.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:12:44 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27644 on: April 11, 2015, 01:27:12 am »

Jason wanders out of the hangar to find Flint and return the battlesuit. If he can't find Flint, he'll return to the Rec Room,open the front of the suit, and climb out to wait while leaning against its leg.

Go find Flint to return Gilgamesh.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 1841 1842 [1843] 1844 1845 ... 2101