_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1899 1900 [1901] 1902 1903 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732580 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #28500 on: July 02, 2015, 01:16:03 pm »

"Thing about the crazy lemmings. Is they might shoot me before they act as my meatsheld."
"Maybe that means I should make them my enemy's meatsheld, huh."

Xael smiles as she goes to shake Henk's hand.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm sure your gear will be very useful in our upcoming missions."
would be wearing a suit of metal knight's armor that is his mcp-1 suit.
Trust me! If I kill the enemy first, I can loot them, If I can grab an arm from them, I can use it, If I accidentally kill a team mate,- then I am screwed.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28501 on: July 02, 2015, 01:28:00 pm »

Pan shoots a quick sideways glance at Henk. Satisfied that he doesn't have anything sharp in his hands, Pan instead stares at the screen.
"I think my preference is going with Doctor Sanctor, because that shit has xenoscience bullshit written all over it. You need someone who's into weird shit and is pretty good at amps, Maurice?"
Absolutely. Maurice smiled. Especially since being good with amps usually means having good mind defences, and it might help with some of the weird effects - we've devised something against them, but good old mindfuck resistance might still prove very useful.

"He's a crazy lemming." Milno says dismissively from his spot, standing with his arms over the back of a seat. He turns his attention to the screen with Maurice on it. One of his arms raises to keep his head propped up as he sees what was probably the only sane medic he knew. "Hey, it's been a while. How's the romance with that annoying robot going? She seemed into you the last time I saw her." he says in a completely normal tone.
Oh, we're doing great. She's been a bit cold and unresponsive lately, though, but that sort of thing happens with them robot gals. That said, we are clearly lagging behind you two. My sincere congratulations, by the way. He replied in the same conversational tone.

After a moment he then follows up with something about the mission: "That thing does remind me of the Abyss. Going in there well-equipped? Poles, glowing and normal rope, small cameras at the end of cables with tiny lights and all that? I doubt it's the same thing we found, but being prepared can't hurt."
Yeah, we're going in as prepared as possible, but it is plain impossible to know what we'll find inside. We'll have some light-ropes shipped with us, just in case, but otherwise I'd say it is clearly a different pocket dimension. There is some kind of effect seeping through the rift, it appears, but it has nothing to do with light or sound - somehow, it's fooling the perceptions directly and that means we are up against a very different kind of anomaly.

"That anomaly mission sounds interesting. I'd like to volunteer as well, Dr. Sanctor.

Do we know if this college specialized in teaching or researching any specific field?"
That remains uncertain, unfortunately. That said, we know that the college itself was pretty well technologically equipped, by standards of the world - it remains to be seen whether this phenomenon occurred spontaneously or as a result of their own research.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28502 on: July 02, 2015, 01:30:14 pm »

"Does this mean i can go on the jokey missioN?!"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:55:53 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28503 on: July 02, 2015, 01:31:05 pm »

Lars nodded.  "Yea, General Miyamoto is keenly in touch with the will of Steve. I await his opinion- and the opinion of Saint Milno- as to where I am most needed."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28504 on: July 02, 2015, 01:39:20 pm »

"Hey, anyone want me on their team?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28505 on: July 02, 2015, 01:52:17 pm »

Thaddeus looks around before speaking aloud, "I'm up for whichever mission'll take me. No preference." before going back to poking at his wristpad
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28506 on: July 02, 2015, 01:53:24 pm »

Absolutely. Maurice smiled. Especially since being good with amps usually means having good mind defences, and it might help with some of the weird effects - we've devised something against them, but good old mindfuck resistance might still prove very useful.
"Allright, Unless Miya doesn't get enough heavy hitters I'll join you on your quest to whatthefuckville."

Go to armoury, buy "Enhanced Capacity Mod - Mind"

Also see if I can exchange one of my mind battlestims for an exo battlestim
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:42:34 pm by Pancaek »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28507 on: July 02, 2015, 01:54:47 pm »

Well boss, medical and aux sounds right up my alley, and as far as we can tell I'm fine... We can check with medical before we leave, if you'd like.

Voluntold for Joker, as is Skylar's fate :P

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28508 on: July 02, 2015, 02:03:00 pm »

If you need a meat-shield on the mission to Perun, I'll go. Otherwise I'd like to see this anomaly or pocket dimension or whatever it is. Though if you think I'd be more useful on the Joker team I suppose I'll join them instead.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28509 on: July 02, 2015, 02:20:58 pm »

Sign me up for Perun, even though it smells like a trap. I don't like it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28510 on: July 02, 2015, 02:22:00 pm »

Warning - while you were typing 12 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
((Well...))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do we have any questions so far?

Yes.
Firstly, what is the manpower cap for this mission?
Secondly, What can we take in terms of sod, drone or robot forces?
Thirdly, What do we have in terms of maps or blueprints for the colony?
Fourthly, based on previous, are giant robots off-limits?
Fifthly, How big is this colony? Comparable to the one on M8, or much larger?
Sixth, would it be possible for Miya to lead the mission on-ship, like he did for the cultist mission rescue?
Seventh, what exactly are our objectives? Just 'investigate what happened' or 'save what you can'?
Eight, did this colony have any strategic value for our war effort, beyond being another ally?
Ninth, that ship you were intercepting. When can we expect news from that? Could we wait to start until that thing is investigated?

Miya opens his general comms:
"Troopers, this is general Miyamoto De Bergerac speaking. As I'm sure you all have heard the briefing, you know I'm the one going over recruitment for the missing ally mission. For that, I will need competent, resourceful soldiers, that know how to follow orders to the letter and without question. My last two missions were successful and with zero permanent casualties, and I'd very much like to keep this streak going. I will not tolerate frivolities or insubordination. However, these missions also payed out rather well. So, I expect only the best, but will try to make sure it is worth your while.

Anyone who thinks he can live with these restrictions and is up to the task can sign up via the usual channels, the rest of you can go play in the anomalous sand."

Quote from: message back
Hmm. So nobody even knew what the biggest gun on the team was loaded with. A failure in preparation and information, if nothing else.

The last part is very alarming though. How could you let that happen? It is your responsibility, as a mission commander, to maintain team cohesion and ensure teamwork and clear flow of information. And if there are troops that disobeyed direct orders, that should not be tolerated, and you will have to deal with it accordingly. We can not afford to set such a precedent.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:23:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28511 on: July 02, 2015, 02:22:26 pm »

Would remember that he has his knife, force infuser, and sever different objects for use with the force infuser with him....but luckily he has taken his medicine and is sane....for now :P
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28512 on: July 02, 2015, 02:24:14 pm »

Dester looks around, trying to get a feel for the various teammates. Henk is float out stupid, and rather schizophrenic - he never did half the stuff he thinks he did, like carve initials in Dester's back or drug him. Dester has a sinking feeling that everyone around him, especially the administration, is insane, having let that twisted little monkey live - no, having gone out of their way to rebuild him after having his head violently twisted off.

A few newbies seem relatively sane, and the guy that rescued Dester from the wacko seems at least competent. Going on the same mission as Nutjob has its obvious cons, and one potential pro, if the others were willing to let him do it. Dester takes note of the Newbie warning against the lost colony, and the recommendation for the "Joker" mission as being Newbie friendly.

"I have some medical and auxilliary skill. Either that wild card mission or the college one sounds ... not good, but I guess if I'm gonna get my ten in, I'll go on either."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28513 on: July 02, 2015, 02:45:01 pm »

"Number of people I should pick?"

Ask Steve the above.

@Nikitian/Maurice: "Thanks. I was worried about you, there was someone around here who seemed interested in your girl." He doesn't miss a beat and continues with his usual banter - it's been a while since he had the time and opportunity to engage in some of that.

@spazyak/Henk: "I'll say it now, you have no chance to be in the Joker team. None. At all. I heard the noise and watched the recordings. Go look somewhere else. Preferentially, out of the airlock."

@Other people volunteering: "I'll make picks when everyone seems done calling their preferences."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:54:06 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #28514 on: July 02, 2015, 02:52:43 pm »

"Preference is Joker, then Anomaly, then Allies."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:35:08 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1899 1900 [1901] 1902 1903 ... 2101