_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1943 1944 [1945] 1946 1947 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5726659 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29160 on: July 28, 2015, 12:18:55 pm »

perhaps we can keep the cuthukan body too! that way we can do even more damage and madness!

ahem.

we'd have to lash it to a QEC comm either way, so might as well get rid of it. also, flesh is weak. let's check if this is feasible first.
puppy dog face
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29161 on: July 28, 2015, 12:19:23 pm »

I'll update both.

Thank you muchly.

How much would it cost to have the damage to my manip brain repaired?

In VR: How big an explosion can I make with a 13-token brain for a universal manip without it getting damaged, starting from a rested brain? Also, what is the most efficient way to create big kabooms? I've been converting and compressing uranium I think, is this efficient?

A fair bit, if at all.

Creating nuclear explosions like that is probably the most efficient, minus just summoning up anti-matter. And you're talking about 0 to 100% usage, but not over into damaging right?

Really? Aww. Could you tell me what the exact consequences of this brain damage entail?

Also, I can create antimatter? Coolio. So, how big a kaboom can I create like that, without damaging the brain?

And related to this, how big an explosion can I survive (assume the explosion is created point-blank)?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29162 on: July 29, 2015, 11:51:58 am »

Milno smiles, playing with the braincase he had acquired while taking a moment to think. He needs to discover what else the gauntlet is capable of; it's about time to do so.

Go to the armory and purchase the material necessary to build and use a gauss rifle (possibly half the price?). Try to use the gauntlet to build one.

If it's in fact more expensive/the same price, just get the gauss rifle Milno already owns and try to disassemble it via concentrating on doing so with the gauntlet.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:11:31 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29163 on: July 29, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »

Poke one of those Amiable Amber vials under the Shroud, in my room.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29164 on: July 29, 2015, 08:50:53 pm »

Milno smiles, playing with the braincase he had acquired while taking a moment to think. He needs to discover what else the gauntlet is capable of; it's about time to do so.

Go to the armory and purchase the material necessary to build and use a gauss rifle (possibly half the price?). Try to use the gauntlet to build one.
((The materials to make a gauss rifle are going to cost a lot more than half the price of a gauss rifle. You'll be lucky if you aren't paying double or more.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29165 on: July 30, 2015, 01:09:50 am »

((The materials to make a gauss rifle are going to cost a lot more than half the price of a gauss rifle. You'll be lucky if you aren't paying double or more.))

((Easy, I'll add conditionals then.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29166 on: July 31, 2015, 11:51:16 am »

WELL THEN!

To be more specific, consider a setup like this:

• 4 standard robobodies with built-in QEC communicators instead of brains.
  • A holding tank for Cthunkan's brain to be kept back on ship, hooked up to a QEC comm linked with the robobodies.
  • Some sort of procedure or machine/brain hybridization to let the brain send out four different outputs corresponding to the four different minds and receive information from the same.
  • A setup that lets us switch minds between them at will and optionally let one mind control two or more bodies at their allowance.

Is this possible? Furthermore, is this possible with a 30-40 token expense and the donation of Cthunkan's flesh-body to science? Consult the Armory Master and R&D and Infirmary, see if they can't figure something out.

Obvious tradeoffs to work with this would be the same system for skill gains, permadeath constituting considerable loss of tokens (QEC comms probably don't come cheap), information-level mindfuck affecting all four at the same time and so forth.

Yes? No? Maybe with some miscellaneous fuckery attached?
You guys are desperate to be disconnected huh? Even when you can do multiple tasks in the same body at the same time. Disappointing. Disappointing indeed.

Mind if we just have a mind based gladiator battle for control of the body?

I'll update both.

Thank you muchly.

How much would it cost to have the damage to my manip brain repaired?

In VR: How big an explosion can I make with a 13-token brain for a universal manip without it getting damaged, starting from a rested brain? Also, what is the most efficient way to create big kabooms? I've been converting and compressing uranium I think, is this efficient?

A fair bit, if at all.

Creating nuclear explosions like that is probably the most efficient, minus just summoning up anti-matter. And you're talking about 0 to 100% usage, but not over into damaging right?

Really? Aww. Could you tell me what the exact consequences of this brain damage entail?

Also, I can create antimatter? Coolio. So, how big a kaboom can I create like that, without damaging the brain?

And related to this, how big an explosion can I survive (assume the explosion is created point-blank)?

Right now? Nothing major. Minor brain damage will only matter when it happens several times and starts to degrade the brain.

I have no idea. I'd have to do some calculations, but I'm pretty sure you could make a pretty fucking big boom.

Depends. Are you protecting yourself with space magic?

If it's in fact more expensive/the same price, just get the gauss rifle Milno already owns and try to disassemble it via concentrating on doing so with the gauntlet.

The disassemble reassemble thing is the best idea.

You manage to pull the thing apart into its component pieces and then put it back together. It goes pretty darn well. You think it might not have gone back together perfectly, maybe there are a few welds that aren't great, but it's completely functional.

Poke one of those Amiable Amber vials under the Shroud, in my room.
[2]
NOTHING

YOU KNOW NOTHING

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29167 on: July 31, 2015, 12:08:14 pm »

That was plan B, now that you mention it. Though honestly I represent my own interests and nobody else's except maybe Thaddeus'.

Besides, it's not quite as much disconnectedness as it is the ability to switch minds around a pool of bodies. Just looking for practical applications to a Friable Wish.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:47:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29168 on: July 31, 2015, 01:35:48 pm »

That was plan B, now that you mention it. Though honestly I represent my own interests and nobody else's except maybe Thaddeus'.

Besides, it's not quite as much disconnectedness as it is the ability to switch minds around a pool of bodies. Just looking for practical applications to a Friable Wish.

perhaps we can still keep the body around and instal an artificial computer brain in it so we can control it along with the robobodies. And anyways I called dibs over main control so go fuck yourselves.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29169 on: July 31, 2015, 01:50:27 pm »

perhaps we can still keep the body around and instal an artificial computer brain in it so we can control it along with the robobodies. And anyways I called dibs over main control so go fuck yourselves.

there can be only one, henk! now let us fight like gentlemen in the arena of the mind. have you suggestions for the brackets?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29170 on: July 31, 2015, 02:02:11 pm »

there can be only one, henk! now let us fight like gentlemen in the arena of the mind. have you suggestions for the brackets?
double team the others. We can work together and combine our skills to master combat!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29171 on: July 31, 2015, 02:11:50 pm »

double team the others. We can work together and combine our skills to master combat!

brilliant.

First event: tag team match. Henk & Chief vs. Duncan & Thad.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:47:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29172 on: July 31, 2015, 02:20:28 pm »

brilliant.

First event: tag team match. Henk & Chief vs. Duncan & Thad.
Let us strike now and remove thad from the equation, Duncan perhaps can work with us
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29173 on: July 31, 2015, 02:45:50 pm »

Absolutely! Destroy Thad in whichever way they've been talking about, I wasn't really listening.

Guys? You should know something. I memorised transcripts of secret things Thad whispered to me in the darkest corners of the cranium, while you two were distracted. He's a treacher, a miserable treacher.

Spoiler: transcripts (click to show/hide)

Also, you guys know that I like you two more, right? I respect whatever thingy Chief did to get his important position of responsibility over something, and I think Henk has a delightful character and is nicely trusting.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:06:12 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29174 on: July 31, 2015, 02:57:03 pm »

horrific!

CURRENT CTHUNKAN CONSENSUS:

Let us strike now and remove thad from the equation, Duncan perhaps can work with us
Absolutely! Destroy Thad in whichever way they've been talking about, I wasn't really listening.

It is decided! 3v1, Chief, Henk and Duncan versus Thad for the first event. Thad has some long odds to fight through, but can he persevere?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:59:40 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 1943 1944 [1945] 1946 1947 ... 2101