_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 [1958] 1959 1960 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5734147 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29355 on: September 03, 2015, 07:08:18 pm »

Quote from: Christopher to Dubley
Yes, we would definitely be interested in an engineer, especially of your status and skill. And the benefits of joining include well- as free craftong won't help you much, though more sharing of resources, protection, a communal nyartifact cash pool for high value amd power weapons amd equipment, being part of am expanding democratic power bloc, having people who care of you love or die look after you on missions, androbably a lot more.

((I may have listed other reasons in ooc and even here, can you search for them insread as meed to sleep right own  :P?))
One wheel short of a wagon

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29356 on: September 04, 2015, 12:58:41 pm »

Quote from: Christopher to Dubley
Yes, we would definitely be interested in an engineer, especially of your status and skill. And the benefits of joining include well- as free craftong won't help you much, though more sharing of resources, protection, a communal nyartifact cash pool for high value amd power weapons amd equipment, being part of am expanding democratic power bloc, having people who care of you love or die look after you on missions, androbably a lot more.

Quote from: Dubley to Christopher
Sure, count me in. I want to see where this goes. You got any list of the members and resources anywhere?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29357 on: September 04, 2015, 01:26:07 pm »

New character!

I've read my way up to mission 7, and I've decided to join already instead of possibly never catching up. So:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Root obviously has absolutely no idea what is going on, which means I'll have a chance to learn the lay of the land without much OOC questioning. Is there anything I've missed w.r.t. the charsheet?

Wake up. Cough up fluid as stasis pod opens.
I hope that stuff is just the oxygenation fluid...
Look around for handholds. Croak confusedly.
When am I? Where am I? How do I get out of this thing? How am I to walk?
"Hello?"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:48:08 pm by Moopli »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29358 on: September 04, 2015, 02:03:23 pm »

((Welcome Moopli! Nice character you have there. It is wikid!))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29359 on: September 04, 2015, 04:34:19 pm »

((Thanks! Anything important I should know so my character doesn't try anything as stupid as flirting with the AM? Or am I safe enough to find things out purely in-character?))

Find and grab handhold. Slowly, cautiously, step out of pod.
Hm. Not much of a hospital. Private quarters? Hotel? Hmhm..
Hobble over to bed, lie down and relax a bit, thinking.
Now where could I get a cane...
Consider putting clothes on.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29360 on: September 04, 2015, 05:11:59 pm »

Quote from: christopher to dubley
There's only a few members roght npw, but I'll get a list together soon. We have 3 tokens at our disposal, as well as my bedroom, henceforth known as union room. Do you think you could build a printing press in there, by the way?
We have the scrap metal, and might want to make leaflets or a magazine or something.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29361 on: September 04, 2015, 06:05:30 pm »

(that -2 gen knowledge may well cause issues, or so I have been told)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29362 on: September 04, 2015, 06:37:53 pm »

Vaguely recall hearing about some strange and mysterious material named "wub fur" during my thirty years in vitrual reality, and go check the armoury for it.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29363 on: September 04, 2015, 10:05:25 pm »

Read all the missions like a year ago, been keeping up intermittently since.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:11:07 pm by SkyMarshal »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29364 on: September 05, 2015, 10:07:07 am »

Quote from: christopher to dubley
There's only a few members roght npw, but I'll get a list together soon. We have 3 tokens at our disposal, as well as my bedroom, henceforth known as union room. Do you think you could build a printing press in there, by the way?
We have the scrap metal, and might want to make leaflets or a magazine or something.
Quote from: Dubley to Christopher
You want a printing press, despite paper being obsolete for thousands of years and everyone wearing computers on their wrists? Huh, sure thing man.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29365 on: September 05, 2015, 02:06:24 pm »

forge a crown and cape worthy of a king!

Out of what?

Oh whatever

[4]
Well you get a pretty good crown and cape. Not quite as regal as possible, but pretty good. Worthy of a Baron at least.

Get up, take a few steps.

"It would seem so."

Do a few jumping jacks.

"Very much so!"

Perform small jig.
You don't seem to have any trouble controlling your limbs, if anything they all feel lighter than before. Strangely, the ones with casts on them feel lighter then the ones without! It's like that feeling of carrying something heavy for a long time and then the sudden ease and over compensation of movement that comes afterwards.

"Do you remember your name, where you are and other details of your life? Do you have any memories which do not seem to be your own, or which feel as though they are "Planted" in your mind. Other subjects have described it as feeling like a hard point of "Not-you"-ness in your mind."

"...huh. I was told this was a UWM prison ship. Eh whatever, fuck the UWM. They're the bastards that sent me here in the first place. And Thaddeus. I should find him I think he was supposed to be on that colony mission. I'll sent the person in charge of it a message."

Quote from: Anthony To: Miya
Hey, seeing as how you're the person in charge of the mission that Thad is on, how's he doing? I need to kick him square in his robo balls when he gets back. Thanks!

Got nothin' better to do. Keep flipping through the channels and watching TV!

Lets see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxULfvPk-n0

Nothing I have planned, but you could always try to invent yourself something.

Or we could staple on some big Synthflesh wings. Then you'd look just like the Mass Production Evas.

That sounds very slow and prone to damage.

I originally was hoping out for teleporter rifle tech, but then Nik happened. Hmm. Any chance to upscale the tech used in that teleporter from Aresteve?

Other than that, maybe a system like the jumping stilts, using modified kin amps?

The teleport system of aresteve uses exponentially more energy the larger the transported object and the distance transported. If we drained the power of heph into the system (and managed to not melt the thing) then we could probably teleport you a good distance. Though...if we fucked up the calculations we'd just end up with a mile and a half wide molten glass crater.

Jumping stilts might let you hop around pretty well.

Eddie glanced at the "Soldier's market" board next to the armory list.  He had an idea.
"Thank you, ma'am.  How much would you pay for a MFM without a brain?"

How much could I get from the AM for a MFM without a brain?
Old style one?
Nah, I mean how many tokens can I get if I sell back the manipulator I just bought, but keep the free brain it comes with?
Don't try to short change me, friend. I've got men in my employ willing to collect a gray matter debt, one way or another.

Well, let's hope that the medical staff aren't all taking their lunch breaks at the same time or something.
Well, the good news is that it's only really dangerous if there are other people around you. Because you fill that entire room with electrical discharge like you're a goddamn tesla coil the size of a tank.

You really fucked our room up too. So don't do that again, thanks.

Considering i pushed B3, C4,
Which buttons were rendered unavailable?
How many buttons depressed themselves and which button depressed which other buttons?

What happened with this action?
Were B3 and c4 the only buttons you pressed?

Leave Gilgamesh at hangar to be repaired.
Go find Steve's avatar. Yell
at near Steve.

"What the heck happened down there? Why the hell did the UWM just take out an entire colony like that? Were they waiting for us?"
Done and  done

>It seems they wanted to silence an annoying proponent of ours and also potentially wipe out a group of us as well. The good news is that they're certainly taking us seriously. The bad news is that they're gonna be throwing much worse things at us now. The pleasant days of sods may be long past.

Be revived.
Done

Huh. Good thing I didn't waste my weapons on that pill machine venture I thought about earlier.

Intensify training until the briefing for M24 begins, cut an hour from each 3-hour break in current schedule for more workout.
That won't really do much but ok

Awaken.

Pray to the great Chal-thul that I still remain in my original body and not a mechanical one.

Well...we could keep you in it if you want, but we'd need to keep you in a tank for a while. You'd miss out on the mission that is being set up right now.

Put 3 token brain on the Player's Market for 1 token.  What a steal!

@Anton "Hello?  Am I using this thing right?  Well, if you can hear me, my name is Eddie and I'm volunteering for your mission.  What's the plan for capturing this thing?"

WIKI
Go to the armory and buy a monatomic razor

WIKI

So I now have a robo-body? I was liquidised in the last mission.

Standard protocol would be yes, robot body. If you really don't want one, we can regenerate you, but it takes longer.

Check my body to affirm I'm not yet robotic, if I'm still human, go to the briefing room. Otherwise, go anyways.

Again, we can keep you human but it's more of a hassle.

Go take my eyes back from kitty and then head to the armory for some purchases, decided after some OOC questions.
Actually scratch that, IC questions also!

Vanessa fluidly walks over to the armory kiosk and looks around at the signs for a few minutes.

"Armory Master, I cannot help but notice that there is very little information given about the item called Arbiter Cloak. Could you please elaborate on it, and how much it costs, please?"

"You know Miya? You know that cloak he wears? It's that."  She says, resting her head in her hands. "It costs...I don't remember right now."

I wake up in the infirmary and stretch out, then remembering what happened on-mission I check on the state of my body and its various functions, seeing if I'm okay.

Well your body got fucking owned and shredded to pieces. Nothing even to repair. It got pulped and then melted in an overload. You're in a loaner robo-kitty body right now.

I think we need to institute some sort of "insurance" system for robot stuff, like car insurance.

Dubley stumbles out of the med bay, hopefully with his various brain damages fixed.

He sends a few texts to a few people.
Quote from: Dubley Steptimus to Miyamoto de Bergerac
Hey boss. Last mission was pretty intense, eh? I'd like to take a break from the next mission, but if you absolutely need me for some reason let me know.

Quote from: Dubley Steptimus to Christopher Pseudos
You're the union guy right? I'm slightly interested in joining. What are the benefits, and do you need anyone with tech or crafting skills?

Go to the workshop! I got some crafting stuff to do.
-Check all my equipment for any damage from last mission.
-Refuel my laser cannon, remove the burned out batteries, and add the cooling system from a MCP-I.
-Take my shield and add a camera to the front. Then add a datapad to the back. Link them. That way I can cower behind the shield and still see things!
-Use scrap metal to build a revolver-style cylinder to hold five cutting laser lenses. Load all my lenses into it and stick it on the front of my cannon. That way I can switch between disposable lenses for overcharge shots.

Assume it is repaired.
Consider it done
Ok, gonna shield that camera in any way?
Thats fine too.

New character!

I've read my way up to mission 7, and I've decided to join already instead of possibly never catching up. So:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Root obviously has absolutely no idea what is going on, which means I'll have a chance to learn the lay of the land without much OOC questioning. Is there anything I've missed w.r.t. the charsheet?

Wake up. Cough up fluid as stasis pod opens.
I hope that stuff is just the oxygenation fluid...
Look around for handholds. Croak confusedly.
When am I? Where am I? How do I get out of this thing? How am I to walk?
"Hello?"

((Thanks! Anything important I should know so my character doesn't try anything as stupid as flirting with the AM? Or am I safe enough to find things out purely in-character?))

Find and grab handhold. Slowly, cautiously, step out of pod.
Hm. Not much of a hospital. Private quarters? Hotel? Hmhm..
Hobble over to bed, lie down and relax a bit, thinking.
Now where could I get a cane...
Consider putting clothes on.

You sit down on the bed. It's not bad; not super luxerious but soft and the blankets have a pleasant coolness to them.

Vaguely recall hearing about some strange and mysterious material named "wub fur" during my thirty years in vitrual reality, and go check the armoury for it.
Oh god you better fucking link me to a quote because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Read all the missions like a year ago, been keeping up intermittently since.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Another newbie!

Wiki this character if they check out!

Oh and you need much of an intro or you just wanna get started doing what you want?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29366 on: September 05, 2015, 02:14:24 pm »

"Cthunkan, presumably an infirmary aboard the Paracelsus Sword, and my life story is slightly convoluted. As for planted memories, let me check a moment."

Check if I can remember things that don't relate to any of the six people I've happened to absorb. Anything about eaters of stars, mayhap?

"I'd say no. I feel no more alien and unlike myself than usual."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 03:39:51 am by Harry Baldman »

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29367 on: September 05, 2015, 02:21:47 pm »

use the monoatomic razor to cut off my toe, watch how the green stuff reacts then go to the infirmary and get a robo toe

Nunzillor

« Reply #29368 on: September 05, 2015, 02:27:47 pm »

Eddie felt a sudden, inexplicable aversion to his brain market scheme.  Something, something ineffable, told him it was a Very Bad Idea.  "Ah, never mind that.  I do have another question, though: when do we get basic training?  I know UWM operatives are highly trained, and we're fighting them, so I'm sure it must be pretty extensive, yeah?"

Ask about this place's training regiment.  Must be pretty good, right?
((Purchase potion #50 from Player Market))
((Send 1 token to team fund, to be put back towards the loss of the machete.  More tokens later.))
((I request that Eddie's -2 skill be moved from handiwork to general knowledge))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:18:40 pm by Nunzillor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29369 on: September 05, 2015, 02:39:54 pm »

The teleport system of aresteve uses exponentially more energy the larger the transported object and the distance transported. If we drained the power of heph into the system (and managed to not melt the thing) then we could probably teleport you a good distance. Though...if we fucked up the calculations we'd just end up with a mile and a half wide molten glass crater.

Well, as my old mentor used to say, "Son, whatever you do, try to avoid being turned into a molten glass crater, and stay away from timeshares."

So yeah, no thanks.

Jumping stilts might let you hop around pretty well.

How well, exactly? And what kind of craters would it leave behind? Would it help only with a better 'top speed', or also increase dexterity/maneuverability/ability to dodge?

For M24, what's the cap on people we can take (not including Sean)?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:12:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 [1958] 1959 1960 ... 2101