_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732154 times)

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #30180 on: November 26, 2015, 06:32:24 pm »

"Ja, thanks for your help"

I make my way to the Armory and look around, looking for someone who looks like they should be there.

Edit: ((Fortune favours the bolded))
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:45:16 pm by FunVake »
Tablerace 0

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #30181 on: November 26, 2015, 06:37:09 pm »

I make my way to the Armory and look around, looking for someone who looks like they should be there.

((1. Bold you actions.
2. Feel free to assume someone is always manning the armory kiosk.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30182 on: November 26, 2015, 06:38:02 pm »

((1. Bold you actions.
2. Feel free to assume someone is always manning the armory kiosk.))
((3.And the infirmary.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30183 on: November 27, 2015, 09:40:16 am »

Skullsploder stumbles out of stasis covered in goop and thoroughly confused.

"A-A-anyone need a medic?"

Stumble out of pod. Crawl to clothes box. Inquire about healguns and blasters. Randomly accuse someone of being a camper.

EDIT: Yeah I looked at all the characters the game had had and didn't find any that were basically physically crippled so I thought "hey, why not?" The lack of both endurance AND agility is going to kill me very quickly in any combat situation and since I'm roleplaying a crippled but determined mentally damaged medic it's going to be very interesting. Oh and the fact that he literally has less general knowledge than a 10-year-old. I'm hoping the fate stat is as important as it sounds. I just hope I live long enough to actually develop the character a bit.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:29:02 am by Skullsploder »
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30184 on: November 27, 2015, 11:04:25 am »

After Iveson stopped twitching, he shouted at the ceiling.

"WHO ARE YOU, voice of green?  You are not God, surely, for He speaks in fiery rainbows accompanied by dueling guitar solos.  Are you a heathen god sent to test me?"

Ask the mysterious electric green voice.

Then, (time permitting) fire up the VR and test using each of Iveson's weapons (force sword, grenades, telescoping spear, throwing combat knife, spiked knuckles, and blaster pistol) on training dummies.  Which are most effective?  Which are least effective?  And which are most dangerous for Iveson?  What's the worse thing that can happen at his skill and stat levels for each?

>I'm steve. Brain the size of a planet and yet here I am, baby sitting crazy people.

Ugh. Well in general force sword is best at close range, blaster at a distance, grenades are most dangerous to you. In general.

well, um... which one does it do? If it pursues up the elevator shaft I'm going to be amp-pulling things out of the elevator wall to block its path and slow it down. If it sits back and goes back to waiting, then I'll carefully investigate the surrounding environment, looking for a strong power source to try electrocuting it with somehow.
We'll assume it does the waiting one.

You don't see any obvious downed power lines sitting around, or anything of that nature.

"What.  That doesn't even make sense."
((Still fuzz?))
Yep. Red skin UNDER the fuzz.

"What.  That doesn't even make sense."
((Still fuzz?))
hey mycroft want something to drink? Might make you feel better I mean drinking stuff usually makes me feel better.hand mycroft the drink (xenospit) Mind if I give you a look over see if I can fix you.
look mycroft over and try and estimate whether it's temporary and if its not possible ways to fix him

Pills are permanent and unfixable by normal means.

Probably should try putting something more exotic in there then your own blood.

So guys, this is where I would post a new character right? Just double checking :)

EDIT: Ah screw it I'm too excited and I can always move it

Name: Skullsploder I. Havenoklu

Backstory: What happens when a VR addicted 10-year-old's parents die tragically and far away while he's still under? Nothing. The administration couldn't be bothered to identify all the remains in the aftermath of the bombing, and so no one came to take "Skullsploder" out of his life-supported MMO wargaming fantasy. 15 years pass wherein he remains completely motionless, shooting people and healing people as a medic in a free-to-play online grand combat simulator. When his apartment block got condemned, the demolition contractors found a stick-thin, pale thing with wispy hair strapped to a chair with severe damage to his limbs from vermin eating him alive while he remained oblivious. Initially they thought he was dead and evacuated the room because "that shit's nasty." Once they realised he was not dead, the medical crews were called and he was transported to a nearby hospital. He proved to be completely mentally unstable, obsessed with "kill-death ratios," "clans," and "hackers." After fixing the damage to his limbs and making some headway into the muscle atrophy, the hospital turned him over to the relevant authorities for rehabilitation. Due to an administrative typo, he was placed in a home for the criminally insane rather than a home for the clinically insane. When the HMRC called for convicts, he was put into stasis and shipped off to the Paracelsus' Sword's next pickup point. His current official name is a result of being called by nothing but his playertag for 15 years, and answering "I have no clue" when asked for his surname.

Reason assigned to the HMRC: Administrative error, generally being a waste of air.

Spoiler: Attributes 'n stuff (click to show/hide)
Welcome aboard!

-1 dex and -2 end. Oh dear.

Might I interest you in this brochure on various lovely coffins? We charge by the volume, so chances are you'll be getting a bargain! Probably only need to go with our "shoebox" range. ~

Name: Tablerace Wan
Appearance: 6 Ft tall exactly. Caucasian, lean musculature. Hairless. Plain, peasant's face. Iris colour, blue. Dentition, perfect. Distinguishing mark, tattoo on right breast reading, [Eerste/Adam]

Personal information: Near total amnesia. Fluent in a Dutch-like language believed dead for centuries, speaks in English with a broken syntax. Shows little to no memory of human contact/history. Has a strong sense of duty, but to what exactly, is unknown.
Reason assigned to HMRC OR Reason to join ARM: HMRC Criminal: Illegal existence.

Stats
Strength: 0
Dexterity: +1
Endurance: +1
Charisma: -2
Mind: 0
Fate: 0
Intuition: 0

Skills
Handiwork: +1
Conventional Weapons: +1
Unconventional Weapons: -1
Exotic weapons: 0
Auxiliary systems: 0
Medical tech: 0
General Knowledge: -1

Profession: Conscript

Edit: changed Personal info slightly, just changed english/Common fluency.
And another! My my.

Your character looks very reasonable. Unfortunately we live in an unreasonable world.

Lets have some fun.

Edit: ((Fortune favours the bolded))
There is a man behind the counter, tallying things on a clipboard.   He looks up and stares at you, expectantly.

Skullsploder stumbles out of stasis covered in goop and thoroughly confused.

"A-A-anyone need a medic?"

Stumble out of pod. Crawl to clothes box. Inquire about healguns and blasters. Randomly accuse someone of being a camper.

EDIT: Yeah I looked at all the characters the game had had and didn't find any that were basically physically crippled so I thought "hey, why not?" The lack of both endurance AND agility is going to kill me very quickly in any combat situation and since I'm roleplaying a crippled but determined mentally damaged medic it's going to be very interesting. Oh and the fact that he literally has less general knowledge than a 10-year-old. I'm hoping the fate stat is as important as it sounds. I just hope I live long enough to actually develop the character a bit.
Blasters we got. Healguns...Not that I know of, unless someone added them in my absence.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30185 on: November 27, 2015, 11:20:40 am »

Mycroft tries a pill made of a selection of office supplies.  3 items.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:56:08 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30186 on: November 27, 2015, 11:48:18 am »

"I have a rifle needing. Longarm.
Armour too."

I rifle in my pockets for a wallet, but find only 5 unrecognizable coins and a scrap of paper that says "Don't spend it all in one place"

Tablerace 0

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30187 on: November 27, 2015, 12:10:51 pm »

"I have a rifle needing. Longarm.
Armour too."

I rifle in my pockets for a wallet, but find only 5 unrecognizable coins and a scrap of paper that says "Don't spend it all in one place"
((No need to bold RP, as in actions that you can conclude yourself like this one, just bold stuff like movement, purchases and anything else PW (the GM, on bay12 more generally) needs to know about.))
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #30188 on: November 27, 2015, 12:14:12 pm »

"Crazy people?  I can't stand crazy people, they're too often heretics.  And interesting brain hyperbole there, clearly someone has an inflated ego." 

"Very well then, 'Steve,' once you get off that PA and the xenos arrive, I shall see you on the battlefield.  Unless you're a pagan charlatan god, of course.  Then I will see you to Hell."

Trade in the grenades for some 1-token helmet armor.  Get/make 3 free molotovs instead.  Also, inquire as to the price of High Guard armor.

Then, tell this fortress(?)' medical staff that I wish to become a completely (as opposed to semi) senselessly violent sub-human creature in service to God.  Ask them what my medical options are.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:35:28 am by Nunzillor »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30189 on: November 27, 2015, 04:11:56 pm »

....uh mycroft don't you think your going a bit overboard here?
Well Mike I'm gonna try and wander the ship meet the rest of everyone yell if you need help but here

Abigail hands mycroft 1 can of medifoam
if you get hurt use that okay.
(Abigail begins wandering the ship)

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30190 on: November 27, 2015, 04:12:40 pm »

"Maybe.  I will.  See you."
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30191 on: November 27, 2015, 04:13:57 pm »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30192 on: November 27, 2015, 10:16:27 pm »

((you know theres a selection of free stuff at the bottom of the pill machines wiki page right?

Use the EMP claymore. it'll give you superpowers im sure.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30193 on: November 28, 2015, 01:40:48 pm »

Oh no I didn't mean to get a healgun as an actual thing that you have! I should probably say OOC when I'm RPing cluelessness. Thise are just terms for "weapons" that were present in the mmo he was plugged into forever. Sorry if that wasn't obvious PW! Ansld as for the other stuff I was basicappy requesting speech rolls with random crew members. Because I'm a masochist.

repeat previous action with the clarification that my character still thinks this is a videogame. I know you don't actually have "healguns" :P
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30194 on: November 28, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »

...you know maybe I could bleach mycrofts skin white?
Think of the medical validity of bleaching someones skin with bleach get bleach from armory
Oh no I didn't mean to get a healgun as an actual thing that you have! I should probably say OOC when I'm RPing cluelessness. Thise are just terms for "weapons" that were present in the mmo he was plugged into forever. Sorry if that wasn't obvious PW! Ansld as for the other stuff I was basicappy requesting speech rolls with random crew members. Because I'm a masochist.

repeat previous action with the clarification that my character still thinks this is a videogame. I know you don't actually have "healguns" :P
"Crazy people?  I can't stand crazy people, they're too often heretics.  And interesting brain hyperbole there, clearly someone has an inflated ego." 

"Very well then, 'Steve,' once you get off that PA and the xenos arrive, I shall see you on the battlefield.  Unless you're a pagan charlatan god, of course.  Then I will see you to Hell."

Trade in the grenades for some 1-token helmet armor.  Get/make 3 free molotovs instead.
um hello...you guys new?
Pages: 1 ... 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 ... 2101